1 Thread(s)

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Carnal Knowledge, Mike Nichols (Jack Nicholson is playing a SLE)

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Jarmusch's last smells Beta

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Trainspotting (1996)

Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance (2002)

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    Are Carey Mulligan and Michael Fassbender in Shame an example of SLE - IEI brother - sister (however incestuous ) "love"?

I'm actually quite interested in the answer aswell, this is one of my favorite movie. But I think maybe an SLE would be more emotive than Fassbender....
    The guy is just there like a predator, the whole movie. Well, he's emotive when around his acquaintances, otherwise he's just there to hunt.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaBallsUSA View Post
    I'm actually quite interested in the answer aswell, this is one of my favorite movie. But I think maybe an SLE would be more emotive than Fassbender....
    The guy is just there like a predator, the whole movie. Well, he's emotive when around his acquaintances, otherwise he's just there to hunt.
    Well he's clearly an extremely troubled and unhealthy individual. I can't really see anything but SLE 7w8 for him.

I love the movie too, although it's one of the more depressing things I've seen. They are both such brilliant actors.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    Well he's clearly an extremely troubled and unhealthy individual. I can't really see anything but SLE 7w8 for him.

I love the movie too, although it's one of the more depressing things I've seen. They are both such brilliant actors.
    I don't know if what I'm going to write fits the topic. So sorry to the order's gatekeepers of this forum.

Why can't you really see anything but SLE 7w8? What makes it that obvious?

The way he deals with his problems, with his sister, telling her that, according to him, he is sane because he can sustain himself. How he physically avoids things he can't avoid by puting distance between them (i.e when he go running while his sister is with his boss).
    Basically the guy thinks he's fine because according to how he thinks he's normal, i.e he has enough money to sustain his desires and life. The rest doesn't matter, he has filled the boxes than needed to be filled to be fitted in the "normal" box. Is that characteristic of SLE?

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I don't know if what I'm going to write fits the topic. So sorry to the order's gatekeepers of this forum.

The way he deals with his problems, with his sister, telling her that, according to him, he is sane because he can sustain himself. How he physically avoids things he can't avoid by puting distance between them (i.e when he go running while his sister is with his boss).
    Basically the guy thinks he's fine because according to how he thinks he's normal, i.e he has enough money to sustain his desires and life. The rest doesn't matter, he has filled the boxes than needed to be filled to be fitted in the "normal" box. Is that characteristic of SLE?
    Hmmm, I don't know how to reply to that He has sex addiction and is in deny of his problems as most addicts are before they hit rock bottom.. That's got nothing to do with him being SLE, it yould go for any other type.

His Se base is obvious imo, so is an EP temperament and he for sure isn't an ethical type.

How would you type him?

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

pure Beta right here:

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't seen the movie, but I watched the clip and thought maybe LSE. 0.o

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tackk View Post
    I haven't seen the movie, but I watched the clip and thought maybe LSE. 0.o
    The actor is (supposedly) an SLI, from what the majority of the site say. It might have an influence on his character. But overall you can't decide on one scene I think, you need to watch the whole movie. Althought I have no idea what the guy might be, it's not my expertise.

As for a movie, Cabin in the Wood. Blood, emotions, drama, stuff.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't really see Shame being a beta quadra movie. Fassbender plays an LSE/SLI in this movie, with his sister as his semi dual an ESI. I think the themes of this movie is a person with extreme Te/Si, in desperate need of Fi/Ne, which he tries to fill unsuccessfully with sex.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blue Jasmine, a chilling and realistic tale of an neurotic EIE women who decends into madness. I need to note that this is an unhealthy socionic EIE, among a number of Beta characters. Warning, this is a portrayl of very unhealthy beta characters. This doesn't mean I think all four of these types behave in this way normally. It is abnormal. I think the interactions though are very typical of Beta's.

Jasmine: EIE
    Chili: SLE
    Ginger: IEI
    Hal: another EIE? Or SEE. Not sure, to much of the actor's personality bleeds through into the role.
    Dr. Flicker: LII
    Dwight: LSI

Accessing some Ni here?

Last edited by wacey; 05-04-2016 at 03:52 PM.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jasmine being courted by her boss, Dr. Flicker (LII)

Jasmine and her EX husband Hal (another EIE?)

Ginger (IEI) and her date (SLI).

Last edited by wacey; 05-04-2016 at 03:51 PM.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ginger (IEI) and her ex husband dual (SLE) and other clips with IEI/SLE duals

Ginger (IEI), Jasmine (EIE), Chili (SLE)

Hal (LSE), Jasmine (EIE), Ginger (IEI)

Dual fight, Ginger (IEI), Chili (SLE)

Last edited by wacey; 01-28-2018 at 11:09 PM.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vague View Post

Best of all, Little House on the Prarie. !!! They lacked clips on YouTube.
    are you serious? Little House on the Prarie is as Delta as you can get!
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    I think that (at least the first one) would be Delta. It's about a group of guys bonding for the last time.
    NO.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    American Pie is ALL about Beta: the crude humor is Se, the group inclusion (even the people they don't really like, ie Stiffler) is Aristocracy with Fe, and social awkwardness is totally Fe.
    Yes.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

LSI-Ti territory (a bit idealized on the whole as a story, but still cool)

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

falling down (1993) with M. Douglas (EIE) in a role of an either LSI-Se or an SLE-Ti William Foster!
    why?
    because "Bill Foster: Did you know, Beth, that in some South American countries it's still legal to kill your wife if she insults you?"
    "Captain Yardley: I never liked you. You know why? You don't curse. I don't trust a man who doesn't curse. Not a "fuck" or a "shit" in all these years. Real men curse."
    that's why and many many more
    Last edited by miss BabyDoll; 07-27-2014 at 02:12 PM.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two movies come to mind, both worthwhile and memorable -- so if you're a Gamma or Alpha, or maybe even Delta, I bet you can find some value in them...

* "The Lion in Winter," with Katherine Hepburn, Anthony Hopkins, Peter O'Toole, and Timothy Dalton (late '60s) puts us in this viper's next of King Henry II's court (England, late middle ages.) Now before you role your eyes like "boring" (which it is for about the first fifteen minutes,) this movie gets really beta really fast when Eleanor of Aquitaine (K. Hepburn) shows up and the plotting starts... Compared with movies nowadays, it doesn't have a lot of forward plot movement, but everybody's got a little beta in 'em somewhere I think and the raw emotions fueling epic power struggles, and international plots forever changing the sweep of history will take you to beta heaven, or hell, (although I have a feeling that hell is definitely Delta.)

* "A Touch of Evil" with Orson Welles, Janet Leigh, and Charlton Heston, (late '50s?) takes us to a sleazy border town where the law is at least as crooked as the crooks, and that's the point... Welles directs too, and manages to throw nearly every counter-cultural notion of the past century into this 'film noir' -- and if ever you wondered what 'film noir' means, you'll find out here, b/c this is as edgy, atmospheric, and darkly beautiful as anything that's ever come down the pike... Themes: power corrupting, the perils (and rewards) of idealism, and the absurdity of life -- all done with humor.

<3
    Last edited by JuJu; 07-27-2014 at 09:18 PM.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One more -- and while not a classic by any means -- it's contemporary, state-of-the-art beta and bound to get somebody here's juices flowing.

* "Seven Psychopaths" with Collin Farrell, Sam Rockwell, Woody Harrelson, and Christopher Walken (2010s) is a movie about a screenwriter writing a movie called "Seven Psychopaths," or so it seems, until the titular psychopaths turn out to be... The people writing the movie. Without giving any more away than that, it's one of those cleverly self-referential, ironic beta movies in the tradition of "Fight Club" -- a lot of forward plot movement sprinkled with character studies (typical of beta films, books, and art in general.)

Sam Rockwell brings out the evil side of ENFj really well in this. Walken's his quixotic self, while Woody Harrelson and Collin Farrell play parts that you'd think were written for the other one -- but with this movie, the shifting of the audience's expectations doesn't give you whiplash, just pleasure. In other words, it's no "Lion in Winter," but it's fun.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuJu View Post
    One more -- and while not a classic by any means -- it's contemporary, state-of-the-art beta and bound to get somebody here's juices flowing.

* "Seven Psychopaths" with Collin Farrell, Sam Rockwell, Woody Harrelson, and Christopher Walken (2010s) is a movie about a screenwriter writing a movie called "Seven Psychopaths," or so it seems, until the titular psychopaths turn out to be... The people writing the movie. Without giving any more away than that, it's one of those cleverly self-referential, ironic beta movies in the tradition of "Fight Club" -- a lot of forward plot movement sprinkled with character studies (typical of beta films, books, and art in general.)

Sam Rockwell brings out the evil side of ENFj really well in this. Walken's his quixotic self, while Woody Harrelson and Collin Farrell play parts that you'd think were written for the other one -- but with this movie, the shifting of the audience's expectations doesn't give you whiplash, just pleasure. In other words, it's no "Lion in Winter," but it's fun.
    even the cast for the movie is predominantly beta! walken didn't have to act too much in this movie considering he's an archetypal EIE (:

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought Rockwell's character was some Se-dominant.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by miss BabyDoll View Post
    even the cast for the movie is predominantly beta! walken didn't have to act too much in this movie considering he's an archetypal EIE (:
    Absolutely!

If anyone's ever looking for more proof of whether or not Socionics is on track, you're very right, they can just take a look at a cast list like that and wonder: why is it that these particular people were attracted to this particular project..?

It's amazing really! And very cool to be here at the beginning of this, when almost nobody knows but us

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuJu View Post
    Absolutely!

If anyone's ever looking for more proof of whether or not Socionics is on track, you're very right, they can just take a look at a cast list like that and wonder: why is it that these particular people were attracted to this particular project..?

It's amazing really! And very cool to be here at the beginning of this, when almost nobody knows but us
    was thinking about it too! i know that if i were to be an actress i'd definitely pick the roles i feel most comfortable with/perform best. i'm pretty sure directors and or casting crew is pretty aware of socionics/mbti typology and that's why they approach certain actors with certain roles lol i love it when things make sense like this ha

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    I thought Rockwell's character was some Se-dominant.
    It's a good point because, say you're holding that script, and reading those lines without any actor characterizing them, then what have you got? An aggressive character attempting to motivate Farrell's character into writing a hell of a script -- and to me that's SLE.

When I was watching it though -- and I'm no expert on this movie, by any means -- I remember feeling like he would go for subtlety and charm when he could've taken the dialog to straight-up aggressive territory... That made me think he was portraying a particularly manipulative EIE, (hell, a psychopathic ENFj.)

I'm trying to think of examples but the whole movie's a blur of guns and deserts.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe. I just thought his overall energy and recklessness were more indicative of EP+weak Ni, and the 'final shootout' obsession was pretty Se (and Fe to a lesser degree), but I could see arguments for it being an agenda fixation.
    Last edited by strrrng; 07-27-2014 at 11:36 PM.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the matrix (1999) - time and place are irrational products of dystopian Ni vision of the NF beta diad. all of the emphasis is put on heightened Se perception (slowmo shots) often narrated through the martial arts mindset. Ti manifests in the form of search of hierarchy, ultimate truth and new world order.

Spoon boy
    : Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth.

Neo: What truth?
    Spoon boy: There is no spoon.

Neo: There is no spoon?
    Spoon boy: Then you'll see, that it is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself.

(if this is not bruce lee paraphrased then i'm clueless haha)

edit: freaking awesome cybergoth wardrobe is a bonus!
    Last edited by miss BabyDoll; 08-01-2014 at 09:42 AM.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought the matrix was beta with delta undertones and a wisp of gamma

Stoker is a dark tale about a young IEI female's existential descent following the arrival of her eerily charming EIE uncle. it's a story about the relationship between the past and future, freedom in sin, how far the truth goes, and what really comprises our identities and the stories we tell ourselves. kidman plays a jaded LSI widow very well imo.

4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, i guess you could interpret it like that too! tho, imo, the beta Se is the focal point as well as the display of hierarchy and search for truth - topics predominantly significant of beta quadra

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, I basically thought the need to maintain a broader, institutionalized order that would hold sway in the face of changing times was conventionally delta aristocratic, but the actual focus of zion and the way factions formed and found independence, along with the necessary means of liberation, were clearly beta. gamma I just saw in the kind of moral undertones and singular focus of neo's need to self-actualize, though its ideological underpinnings and supernatural tinge were obviously beta. so yeah, overall, beta.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    yeah, I basically thought the need to maintain a broader, institutionalized order that would hold sway in the face of changing times was conventionally delta aristocratic, but the actual focus of zion and the way factions formed and found independence, along with the necessary means of liberation, were clearly beta. gamma I just saw in the kind of moral undertones and singular focus of neo's need to self-actualize, though its ideological underpinnings and supernatural tinge were obviously beta. so yeah, overall, beta.
    yes, exactly! if you look at it -hardly any movie can be one quadra solely - and that's cause even quadras overlap and are interconnected (beta's search for truth calls for gamma's affinity to moral standpoints etc) so naturally the movies would too

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

some background delta quaintness, but overall a beta-themed movie. it's about the role of lie and illusion, and where the beyond is really situated in an age dominated by materialism.

4w3-5w6-8w7

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Beta Movies

I have seen this for other Quadras so I am curious about yours.

My SLE son enjoyed this:

"A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast