Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Discusion of Ne PoLR in ISFjs and ISTjs

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No. Ne polr means you get very frustrated when somebody jumps around topics too much instead of going deep into the Fi point you are trying to make. (lsi makes Fi points all the time with their role function, and esi with their ego function.) Ne & Fi fight all the time in this way.

I don't see Ne polr without imagination/creativity or anything like that (that is more Ni polr - esp more in Te subtype lse) - but yeah if somebody is being way too idea-based (Ne is ideas) and not grounded in reality enough, it will really piss them off.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

What you are describing in this and the other thread is pretty unlikely to be SLI.

You are probably confusing an intuitive (Ne) and possibly ethical type, with SLI. IEE or EII Ne maybe.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Syrup View Post
    What you are describing in this and the other thread is pretty unlikely SLIs.

You are probably confusing and intuitive (Ne) possibly ethical type, with SLI. IEE or EII Ne maybe.
    Could be. The person I considered SLI could as easily be EII, I mostly see Si and Fi. Why do you see her as unlikely to be SLI?

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by isptn View Post
    Could be. The person I considered SLI could as easily be EII, I mostly see Si and Fi. Why do you see her as unlikely to be SLI?
    Ne PoLR and Ne Seeking are both 1DNe. Which means that are in equal conditions in the level of use or performance.

The only difference between both is that in one, Ne is valued and for the other is unvalued.

So, Ne Seeking or Suggestive , as the words say, is stimulant, exciting and needed.
    While the PoLR causes pretty much the opposite reaction, its uninteresting, confusing and conflicting.

That said, this:

Meanwhile, SLIs do seem to worry and catastrophize sometimes, imagining things that could go wrong. They also seem interested in imagining what's out there in the world. The thing about wondering where all the cars on the freeway are going actually came from an SLI. She seems intrigued by all the possibilities and complexities,

I could see a Fi and Ne doing the imagining others ppls lives part, while the worries and fears are not characteristic of Si and Te and Ne suggestive doesn't manifest in any of the ways described in the paragraph.

Also an IEE told me once that he do exactly the same:wondering where all the cars on the freeway are going.

What you described as food pickiness is not a characteristic of 4DSi either, since 4D is mastery. Being too peculiar in matters is often more present in 1D functions (even PoLR) since 1D means being experienced just in first person, without being able to adapt or use the function appropriately according situations considering the rest of external elements.

Plus, most sensor types, especially Sensing lead are much more experiential, which is what you were describing in the other thread about the girl having ideas about stuff without any previous experience to support her decisions.
    Last edited by Hope; 12-14-2017 at 07:13 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ne PoLR and Ne Seeking are both 1DNe. Which means that are in equal conditions in the level of use or performance.

The only difference between both is that in one, Ne is valued and for the other is unvalued.

So, Ne Seeking or Suggestive , as the words say, is stimulant, exciting and needed.
    While the PoLR causes pretty much the opposite reaction, its uninteresting, confusing and conflicting.

That said, this:

Meanwhile, SLIs do seem to worry and catastrophize sometimes, imagining things that could go wrong. They also seem interested in imagining what's out there in the world. The thing about wondering where all the cars on the freeway are going actually came from an SLI. She seems intrigued by all the possibilities and complexities,

I could see a Fi and Ne doing the imagining others ppls lives part, while the worries and fears are not characteristic of Si and Te and Ne suggestive doesn't manifest in any of the ways described in the paragraph.

Also an IEE told me once that he do exactly the same:wondering where all the cars on the freeway are going.

What you described as food pickiness is not a characteristic of 4DSi either, since 4D is mastery. Being too peculiar in matters is often more present in 1D functions (even PoLR) since 1D means being experienced just in first person, without being able to adapt or use the function appropriately according situations considering the rest of external elements.

Plus, most sensor types, especially Sensing lead are much more experiential, which is what you were describing in the other thread about the girl having ideas about stuff without any previous experience to support her decisions.
    I often thought, when I read 'post your favorite food stuff' as though it's an Si thing, it's really a bunch of N types fussing and failing over what makes a good dinner.

Wrong thread a bit - just when you mentioned about the mastery thing.

Si hidden agenda types have all sorts of weird concerns, worrying about the digestion system etc when they eat, of if they'll eat, it's almost a case for hypochondria ... not that i'm slapping conditions on PoLRs, just that it can become obsessive.

Just like an SLI can become obsessive about forming bonds and being close to people, which I think is where all the SLI and pet obsession comes from, pets won't reject you - but then, they're not as interesting as people, but well, who knows haha.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That said, this:

Catastrophizing is characteristic of inferior Ne according to MBTI, which should roughly correspond to suggestive Ne, ideally (though not always, and not all will agree). The person I described fits the concept of Jung's introverted sensation type, MBTI's Si, as well as socionics' concept of Si, so I consider her an Si type in all systems.

As I explained, she makes no indication that she actually imagines where the cars could be going. She simply said that she sometimes wonders, which seems to indicate a vague interest and awe in Ne but does not indicate that it's a strength. Meanwhile, she seems to be always aware of subtle sensations and takes action to adjust those sensations, including taking care of others' physical comfort. It does seem like mastery to me. She is so aware of sensations and past experiences and impressions of sensations that it seems she can easily imagine what a new, never experienced sensation might be like for her, from the impressions alone. As I explained in the other thread, I don't know if she would actually be considered a picky eater, it's just that her relation to sensations was so alien to me that I don't know what to make of it. She is focused on avoiding discomfort, whereas I tend to ignore or hardly notice it and will pretty much take whatever I get in terms of physical experience.

She expresses Fi in a manner similar to her Ne, with a kind of awe or bafflement, and as if asking for input. For instance, she seems to be baffled about people's behaviors and wonders what must be going on that could make a person that way. She does not suggest ideas of her own regarding people's feelings and motivations, but poses it almost as a question. She gives the impression of someone who is vaguely interested in people and has difficulty understanding them, but tries or wants to.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure I agree. Somehow I just don't see Ne PoLR types worrying about all the things that could have been or could be and wanting to consider multiple options. Meanwhile, SLIs do seem to worry and catastrophize sometimes, imagining things that could go wrong. They also seem interested in imagining what's out there in the world. The thing about wondering where all the cars on the freeway are going actually came from an SLI. She seems intrigued by all the possibilities and complexities, which she doesn't actually suggest herself but seems to wonder or ask for. My response to that was to say it sounded like it would be information overload.

I don't know. At this point I'm sure I'm a Sensor, so I must be either Si or Se. I have not been finding Si at all relatable. But I don't know about Se either. But how you defined Ne Vulnerable doesn't sound different from what I described, especially sticking to what I know. I don't try to connect the dots or make guesses, I just stick with what I actually know.
    I'm not sure where you're getting these ideas from or what definitions you're using. Ne vulnerable types are able to *consider* different possibilities but they see them in a generally negative light - they prefer to "stay on track" using Ni, which limits possibilities. And Ni is of course about perceiving danger or negative consequences.

Ne is about novelty, change, and new possibilities, so like @Syrup said, Ne valuing types are very much open to new possibilities and don't see them as negative like Ne vulnerable types do. The suggestive function is something you have a generally positive attitude towards.

"Sticking with what you know" and not making guesses sounds like low or cautious Ne, whether valued or not.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    I'm not sure where you're getting these ideas from or what definitions you're using. Ne vulnerable types are able to *consider* different possibilities but they see them in a generally negative light - they prefer to "stay on track" using Ni, which limits possibilities. And Ni is of course about perceiving danger or negative consequences.

Ne is about novelty, change, and new possibilities, so like @Syrup said, Ne valuing types are very much open to new possibilities and don't see them as negative like Ne vulnerable types do. The suggestive function is something you have a generally positive attitude towards.

"Sticking with what you know" and not making guesses sounds like low or cautious Ne, whether valued or not.
    I'm kind of confused by your post because your first sentence implies you disagree with what I wrote, but the rest suggests you agree.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Suggestion: Don't take definitions from mbti to type ppl in socionics. You'll do typing process unnecesarily complicated and prone to mistype.

Socionics have plenty of theory about IEs and detailed type descriptions from various authors.

Finally, Si in mbti match hardly Si in socionics. Se in mbti take concepts which would be Si in socionics. So be aware of it.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Suggestion: Don't take definitions from mbti to type ppl in socionics. You'll do typing process unnecesarily complicated and prone to mistype.

Socionics have plenty of theory about IEs and detailed type descriptions from various authors.

Finally, Si in mbti match hardly Si in socionics. Se in mbti take concepts which would be Si in socionics. So be aware of it.
    Yeah, I'm aware of that. I just don't like the idea of there being two different versions of the functions, I feel like they are probably both attempts at describing the same thing. At its core, Si is introverted/subjective sensation, and that should exist separate from any and all attempts to describe it. That said, there are differences in the descriptions between MBTI and socionics that can't be ignored, hence why I say they should ideally correspond but that won't always be the case.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I would just try to forget about mbti entirely; I feel like people get too mixed up when they start to subconsciously bring in mbti concepts when considering socionics. even small inaccuracies start to compound themselves over time when that happens. socionics depends a lot on having relatively narrow construction of functions

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I'm aware of that. I just don't like the idea of there being two different versions of the functions, I feel like they are probably both attempts at describing the same thing. At its core, Si is introverted/subjective sensation, and that should exist separate from any and all attempts to describe it. That said, there are differences in the descriptions between MBTI and socionics that can't be ignored, hence why I say they should ideally correspond but that won't always be the case.
    I don't even know if sensation is the right word for the dichotomy.. I like what Socionics does in Russia/Ukraine etc, which is to call introverted sensing sensing, and to call extraverted sensing force, which is much more appropriate.

But, we've got the labels that we have, and although they could be better, they're convenient enough.

I suppose you could think of it like the word subway, it can mean the thing you eat or the thing you take a ride in underground, Socionics and MBTI are like this, different meanings for the same word etc.

TIM
    ESI 4 sx/sp (459)
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    Yeah, definitely. My LSI mother does this ALL the time. And feeling the need to lock your doors all the time when you live in a very safe suburb.
    My new roommate, ILE, is out of town for the week for a good reason, but she kinda told me about the plans for the trip in passing, nothing like the kind of formal telling that I would do... and we didnt have much of a goodbye cos she kinda shrugged it off ('Eh, I'll see you soon'; me thinking: 'er, in 5 days!').
    I had a passing idea to write her a little 'safe travels!' note by the coffee maker for her to see when she got up super early this AM to make the flight -- my EIE roommate last sem loved those gestures -- but nope, that's not what's called for here.
    Anyway, being Ne POLR, when it was just me in the house this morning I didn't trust that she was really, truly gone and not about to walk in the door again, having not heard or seen her departure and 'what if... flight gets canceled and she's back here?' So I just did a flight search (local airport is pretty small), figured out her route and checked the flight statuses to imprint in my brain- yes, she reached her destination, and won't be back til Friday.
    LOL...

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

So you want to keep secrets around alphas... wise move.

It is probably not negative but more along the lines with "I refuse to be side tracked on terms of decision unless it provides very good rationale for the future." So ESI's are willing to corrupt informational integrity for their convictions while LSI's will not think about moves people might make in their ethical viscinity while they are conducting their operations.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

>has a totally common problem that almost everyone experiences in their life
    >oh my god I would have never guessed that other people think/feel the same way about this

meanwhile I'm sitting here thinking how it's very difficult to have totally unique thoughts that haven't been thought before by countless of other individuals on this planet, so I'm chasing that high of finding any form of discovery.
    my ideas about socionics:

https://soziotypen.de/thoughts-on-socionics/

this is a VI thread with IEI examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...-(IEI-edition)

and this is a thread with EIE examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...s-EIE-examples

TIM
    ESI 4 sx/sp (459)
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dead account View Post
    >has a totally common problem that almost everyone experiences in their life
    >oh my god I would have never guessed that other people think/feel the same way about this
    "This advice/instruction manual is written in the general second person, addressed to 'you.' It's not personalized enough to me. I don't want to engage w/ it."

Yeeeeah....

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington View Post
    What are some examples of Ne polr?

Something I was thinking might be Ne polr: An ISFj was trying to explain a situation by repeating facts a few times, and I responded, yes, I understand that but I interpreted that differently, which she did not seem to take well at all. I think that was an example of Ne polr.
    I think this is also in part Fi-Ti miscommunication. You weren't hearing or acknowledging receipt of the basics of their decision making (values) but switching to Ti framework. And they are fine with Ti, ime, unless you seem to be using it as an invalidator of their own framework for moving through life.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spaciousfreedom View Post
    My new roommate, ILE, is out of town for the week for a good reason, but she kinda told me about the plans for the trip in passing, nothing like the kind of formal telling that I would do... and we didnt have much of a goodbye cos she kinda shrugged it off ('Eh, I'll see you soon'; me thinking: 'er, in 5 days!').
    I had a passing idea to write her a little 'safe travels!' note by the coffee maker for her to see when she got up super early this AM to make the flight -- my EIE roommate last sem loved those gestures -- but nope, that's not what's called for here.
    Anyway, being Ne POLR, when it was just me in the house this morning I didn't trust that she was really, truly gone and not about to walk in the door again, having not heard or seen her departure and 'what if... flight gets canceled and she's back here?' So I just did a flight search (local airport is pretty small), figured out her route and checked the flight statuses to imprint in my brain- yes, she reached her destination, and won't be back til Friday.
    LOL...
    God. ESI could really get feral LIE to communicate things like when we leave and stuff.

I just left the house when I was really little one day because I figured out there was a world outside and thought it was fabulous and just ran. I might have still been in diapers. My EII mom lost her shit. I was so IN IT and so far away, she had to run back to the house to get the car to chase me down. She said I just looked like joy and freedom were shooting out of my face and was confused about why she was distressed that I was out for a run.

I love that story.

The ILE thing made more sense to me--just going, but afasomeone else thinking in snapshots and wanting to know which snapshot of time I'll be in and won't be in (which day I'm leaving or returning)...I can make myself communicate to them if it is then easier for them to plan their life that way. I'd de-feral for that.

TIM
    ESI 4 sx/sp (459)
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nanashi View Post
    God. ESI could really get feral LIE to communicate things like when we leave and stuff.

I just left the house when I was really little one day because I figured out there was a world outside and thought it was fabulous and just ran. I might have still been in diapers. My EII mom lost her shit. I was so IN IT and so far away, she had to run back to the house to get the car to chase me down. She said I just looked like joy and freedom were shooting out of my face and was confused about why she was distressed that I was out for a run.

I love that story.

The ILE thing made more sense to me--just going, but afasomeone else thinking in snapshots and wanting to know which snapshot of time I'll be in and won't be in (which day I'm leaving or returning)...I can make myself communicate to them if it is then easier for them to plan their life that way. I'd de-feral for that.
    HILARIOUS story.

Oh yeah, ILE didn't even say which day she'd be back until I asked. Uuuuuuum.

I appreciate the self-deprecation in calling yourself and LIEs feral. One wonders what an equivalent term of...endearment for us Ne PoLRs might be, but I don't think I should think get too attached to the idea of one. Someone in this thread mentioned that having Ne PoLR gives one an obscure sense of humor; I wonder if others would agree with that. Lack of Ne definitely means my jokes tend to be... niche.

Hm.

I'm so glad your mom found you -- 'joy and freedom were shooting out of your face' hahaha. That's a memorable description

//
    Update: ILE texted a photo of her getting 2nd dose of vaccine (her reason for travel) to me and our landlord whom we're friendly with. I love seeing what I call signs of life from my intuitive friends...
    Last edited by spacious; 01-26-2021 at 04:32 PM.

TIM
    eii enfp sp/so 479
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking

It's that they can be quite stubborn in their approach, for example if I try to tell my LSI brother that this did not happen, instead THIS other thing could of happen, he will likely believe his first viewpoint/experience that he saw/witnessed.
    After knowing many Ne polr types, mostly ESIs (I do think it will manifest bit different in LSIs but still can be similar) I would best describe their polr as preferring what they already know to be true, and there's no need to really try and look further. The thing is much of the time they actually are good at finding the correct side and more so if they are in touch with their ni, which I do think later on they are able to compensate with ni for ne. Also once I was talking to my ESI friend who was telling me about how she's scared to move out of her moms house. She was telling me all about her troubles and she said to me, "I'm just someone who really struggles with change after something being one way for so long." She also has struggles with writing and has also told me that I'm much better at it, but when I read her writing I always saw it as much less confusing than mine.I guess it can lack indepth ideas as she prefers to not expand a lot on something. How ever she is able to describe things simply which I admire. She also always tells me"I wish I could be good at poetry and I always want to get into reading, but I just don't know where to start."
    Last edited by youfloweryourfeast; 09-12-2022 at 02:11 PM.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by youfloweryourfeast View Post
    It's that they can be quite stubborn in their approach, for example if I try to tell my LSI brother that this did not happen, instead THIS other thing could of happen, he will likely believe his first viewpoint/experience that he saw/witnessed.
    After knowing many Ne polr types mostly ESIs, I would best describe it as it's what they already know to be true and there's no need to look for more.

The thing is much of the time they actually are on the correct side and more so if they are in touch with their ni, they can be extremely difficult to manipulate for example trying to sway their opinion.
    Well, this for sure is true. I have found it extremely hard to talk an ESI into bed if she didn't have the idea first.

Fuck this toxic snake pit Fluffy Princess Unicorn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ohhh lord.

The main one that made me realize I was Ne PoLR, was that I realized I haaaaaaate certain iNtuitive conversations so much I start trying to move on and getting really on edge/snippity with people if they don't follow my lead to change the topic. It's those purely theoretical conversations where you could just sit there all day swirling around possibilities as to what actually happened, or why something happened, or when, where, how, WHATEVER, but there is not actually any PROOF. No concrete conclusion. No evidence. You literally cannot land on a solid answer. "Mighta been this, mighta been that." I'm like...."mighta literally been anything, so let's shut the fuck up and move on and stop wasting our time." I hate it, it drives me crazy. Sometimes I'll be sarcastic and say something extreme for comedic effect while shutting down the conversation but I actually am really getting irritated. If it goes on and on, I will claw someone's fucking eyes out.

Another reason @Alive typing me as IEI is kind of funny. Wonder what explanation you might come up with for this, IEI man.

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm...what's another one...sometimes, when having a discussion, someone will mention there being alternate reasons for whatever is being discussed. I want to stay "on topic." "That's not really relevant right now."

I hate movies with abstract endings. Like...no, give us proper closure. Don't give us this shit where we're left to figure it out on our own what was what, because then I'm like "yeah but it could've also been this, or this, or this, or that--" bruh, it literally ruins the entire movie for me.

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doing ridiculous and kind of extreme shit to prepare - like adjusting myself to Greek time before moving to Greece by setting all my clocks and time zones to Greek time even though I'm still in the USA. That way, I'm more prepared to go to Greece, since I'm anticipating all the culture shock / changes I'll face. Basically, overcompensating for whatever changes I cannot foresee.

LOL.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Leviathan View Post
    Sometimes I'll be sarcastic and say something extreme for comedic effect while shutting down the conversation but I actually am really getting irritated.
    I do this but generally, I will joke around while actually getting pissed off. Idk what that is.
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But on Ne PoLR, it comes from the HA Ni. Ne PoLR people aren't closed minded fools, they just find constant speculation on possible alternatives to be frivolous or a waste of their time.

ESI does not have time to speculate all the reasons why someone did something they find disgusting, they would much rather be rid of the person quickly so it doesn't waste anymore of their time or resources worrying about them.

LSI does not have time to speculate all the ways someone is different, their personal preferences are of minor importance to the system of logic they are developing.

As for those Ne leads who feel that they can overwhelm Ne PoLRs with their powerful Ne, I've never heard of a xSI feeling inadequate to a Ne lead. Supervision does not seem to work in the way that socionics predicts.
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eudaemonia View Post
    I do this but generally, I will joke around while actually getting pissed off. Idk what that is.
    iNtolerance.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eudaemonia View Post
    But on Ne PoLR, it comes from the HA Ni. Ne PoLR people aren't closed minded fools, they just find constant speculation on possible alternatives to be frivolous or a waste of their time.

ESI does not have time to speculate all the reasons why someone did something they find disgusting, they would much rather be rid of the person quickly so it doesn't waste anymore of their time or resources worrying about them.

LSI does not have time to speculate all the ways someone is different, their personal preferences are of minor importance to the system of logic they are developing.

As for those Ne leads who feel that they can overwhelm Ne PoLRs with their powerful Ne, I've never heard of a xSI feeling inadequate to a Ne lead. Supervision does not seem to work in the way that socionics predicts.
    The ESI-Se female artist that I know lives with her grandmother, and while I've never met the grandmother, everything I've learned about her points to her being IEE. And yet, the ESI-Se doesn't seem to have a problem with living with her. Very puzzling.

Maybe the grandmother is easier to take than the ESI's EIE mother and SEE father.

The ESI-Se barely trusts me, but I've known her for ten years and recently she's said some slightly critical things about her parents. But nothing critical or even opinionated about the grandmother.

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Intolerance for relationships with people who are uncertain of their affections toward us. You're either 100000% in, or 100000% out...because we are 100000% in and expect that in return. If you can't make up your mind, we'll make it up for you. I say "we" based on talking with other ESIs and finding that we relate on this topic.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I say a pun or joke that goes over my LSI friends head he says "Yea, I'm slow." to get me to just spit out what I really mean lol.

My LSI friend also talked to be about learning Muy Thai to be able to defend himself in a mob attack. When I talked to him about a couple ways being attacked by a mob could play out he said to me "Yea you're talking about the possibilties of what would happen, I'm talking about that probability of what would happen."

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by youfloweryourfeast View Post
    After knowing many Ne polr types mostly ESIs, I would best describe it as it's what they already know to be true and there's no need to look for more.
    The thing is much of the time they actually are on the correct side and more so if they are in touch with their ni, they can be extremely difficult to manipulate for example trying to sway their opinion.
    Oh man, my ESI ex once told me a playstation game worked on her Xbox. We sat there for 30 mins going back and forth about it, I tried to say maybe someone put an xbox game in a playstation case, but all she could say was "Why don't you just believe me?", because it's impossible, that's like saying I bought a big mac at burger king.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Intolerance for relationships with people who are uncertain of their affections toward us. You're either 100000% in, or 100000% out...because we are 100000% in and expect that in return. If you can't make up your mind, we'll make it up for you. I say "we" based on talking with other ESIs and finding that we relate on this topic.
    Hahaaaa, when me and my ex were just in the talking phase for awhile she was like "So when are you gonna ask me to be you gf?" I was like 0.0 Well ok then lol.

Also she hated when she would text me a long paragraph and all I said was "K". She HATED that lol.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm confused why Ne pisses off Ne PoLRs though.

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pixel View Post
    I'm confused why Ne pisses off Ne PoLRs though.
    Seems like a waste of time, energy, resources. Pointlessness.

To some extent anyway.

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh man, my ESI ex once told me a playstation game worked on her Xbox. We sat there for 30 mins going back and forth about it, I tried to say maybe someone put an xbox game in a playstation case, but all she could say was "Why don't you just believe me?", because it's impossible, that's like saying I bought a big mac at burger king.
    I wouldnt have even had the patience for that much, I wouldve just hung up on you and then sent you video evidence and waited for you to call me and say im right. Im a brat that way. Id just see it as a waste of my time otherwise though. Im not about to sit there and wait to get through a list of "no" answers.

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Agate View Post

Tbf, I have better consideration of possibilities than Ne Leads when it comes to reasons why people may be doing what theyre doing. Ne Leads often still jump to conclusions and assume the worst about others. I wait and gather info / leave things open to further consideration and questioning more. Outside of that, I dont see the value in Ne for much of anything, so I dont care.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems like a waste of time, energy, resources. Pointlessness.

To some extent anyway.
    Yea but I don't get why this would make someone super angry, maybe annoyed and bothered by pissed off?

Ti PoLR makes someone feel like they are stupid and that could be seen as an insult, and that would piss someone off.

Se PoLR, someone putting pressure on you and getting confrontational I could see how that could piss anyone off not just Se PoLRs.

But Ne PoLR, annoying sure but pissing someone off?

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldnt have even had the patience for that much, I wouldve just hung up on you and then sent you video evidence and waited for you to call me and say im right. Im a brat that way. Id just see it as a waste of my time otherwise though. Im not about to sit there and wait to get through a list of "no" answers.
    Well this was something that she remembered happening a long time ago so I just tried to see if she remembered it wrong or something, I wish she had video evidence that would have settled it.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Tbf, I have better consideration of possibilities than Ne Leads when it comes to reasons why people may be doing what theyre doing. Ne Leads often still jump to conclusions and assume the worst about others. I wait and gather info / leave things open to further consideration and questioning more. Outside of that, I dont see the value in Ne for much of anything, so I dont care.
    I have 4D Ne, although it’s not valued, and I do jump to conclusions (as can be seen by my Ready-Fire-Aim typings), but I’m not committed to the conclusions I form. I’m not married to them.

They’re mainly intended as food for thought. Merely suggestions which others can use as a starting point.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yea but I don't get why this would make someone super angry, maybe annoyed and bothered by pissed off?

Ti PoLR makes someone feel like they are stupid and that could be seen as an insult, and that would piss someone off.

Se PoLR, someone putting pressure on you and getting confrontational I could see how that could piss anyone off not just Se PoLRs.

But Ne PoLR, annoying sure but pissing someone off?
    I actually get pissed off when people endlessly come up with alternative possibilities or solutions. A few Ne alternatives are good, but never coming to a conclusion can be fatal. It’s anti-productive. I feel like it destroys resources, because time passes but nothing gets decided.

At least, that’s how I feel about Ne.

I feel like I can (and will) do something about boundless Ne. However, when it come to my PoLR, Si, I just want to avoid it entirely. I’m not looking at this. I want to run away.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast