View Poll Results: Do you prefer to interact with intratims or extratims, in general?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • I prefer to hang out w intratims [I'm an intratim]

4 20.00%
  • I prefer to hang out w extratims [I'm an intratim]

9 45.00%
  • I prefer to hang out w intratims [I'm an extratim]

3 15.00%
  • I prefer to hang out w extratims [I'm an extratim]

0 0%
  • I don't have a preference.

4 20.00%

Thread: Do you prefer to interact w intratims or extratims?

Creepy-

Default Do you prefer to interact w intratims or extratims?

... and is this is type-related? The theory says so, but I'm curious to see what you fine people have to say....

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I prefer aixelsyds
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I prefer to interact with myself.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Creepy-male

Tough call. Introtims, probably, but more as a coincidence that a lot of specific people I like interacting with are introtims. EIIs, some SEIs, LIIs, some SLIs. I also in general interact more with introtims, as extratims are generally off doing exciting and cool things and not inviting me QQ. (Interesting... preference for Si bases and Ne creatives.)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel like I've answered this question before..
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If it's one on one then I prefer an Extravert more often than not. In a group it's good to have a balance. A bunch of introverts usually goes okay but a bunch of extraverts is not fun to be around. I've had that happen before and it gets ridiculously difficult to get a word in.
    “No psychologist should pretend to understand what he does not understand... Only fools and charlatans know everything and understand nothing.” -Anton Chekhov

http://kevan.org/johari?name=Bardia0
    http://kevan.org/nohari?name=Bardia0

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkster View Post
    I prefer to interact with myself.
    We had a roundtable discussion about this today at work. One member thought interacting with oneself once a day was excessive. He is Catholic. I was more along the lines that if you interact with yourself twice a day every day, then that's a bit much. Our third consultant countered that, really, just so long as you didn't break the magic number 21 in any given week it was all good. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Creepy-Cyclops

I thought to try to answer this question. I would say overall, I prefer introverts, but it really depends on the person for me.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no preference.

depends...

Introverts are the same so gives me some comfort, no competition etc.
    Extraverts have initiative, something that I need, so they supplie me, though the competetion is unfair which gives less comfort.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I prefer to hang out with cool people

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    We had a roundtable discussion about this today at work. One member thought interacting with oneself once a day was excessive. He is Catholic. I was more along the lines that if you interact with yourself twice a day every day, then that's a bit much. Our third consultant countered that, really, just so long as you didn't break the magic number 21 in any given week it was all good. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.
    lol, esp. @ the end.

I don't have a preference. A bunch of introverts gives me the chance to play leader for a while. A bunch of extroverts gives me the chance to be swept along by the crowd, which can be fun (although yes, it can be difficult to get a word in unless you assert yourself). A mix, which is what normal interaction is for me, is completely fine. One on one, though, I guess an extrovert, but that's obviously what's predicted by duality, and I guess one on one I'd prefer an SLE, but maybe not any old extrovert.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It depends.

Extroverts balance me better, however understanding is hard. I'd rather share my feelings with another introvert definitely. Introverts can be rather awkward, tho.

If I'm doing an activity I'd rather do it with an extrovert. Unless it's something specifically designed for introverts to do, like writing or painting.

It really depends on the type of extrovert and introvert as well. It's not so much if they are an extro/intro as their specific socionics type.

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    how does one interact with oneself

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mercutio View Post
    how does one interact with oneself
    You want a visual?
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.