Thread: Type these two people

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Type these two people

Person 1:
    - strong sense of personal style, always dresses well (by that i don't mean his style is formal, rather it looks good and suits him). Confident in his style.
    - prone to laziness
    - often quite moody, sometimes i think he looks depressed but he says he's just tired or sleepy
    - always trying to crack jokes, especially puns, he loves puns, good at coming up with them too
    - uses impersonations and makes bizzare noises and comments to annoy others or to make them laugh
    - easily gets sick of his creations, always trying to come up with something new
    - not very organised - often late, forgets dates, etc
    - sometimes lacks direction/foresight, despairs at this. he sometimes makes important decisions about his future based on trivial things, then tries to convince himself that he's made the right choice
    - loves movies and music, especially arthouse and indie stuff. loves things which seem quirky or original.
    - very picky with food, good cook
    - sometimes seems to find it hard to get his point across, or to explain something
    - does not seem to be very good at saving money
    - excellent people skills, very charming and funny when he needs to be
    - annoying tendency to exaggerate, or extrapolate/generalise based on a limited amount of knowledge
    - easily loses self confidence, sometimes relies on reassurance from others, sometimes he actively seeks this. sometimes can be very negative about himself and the future.
    - does not like to force others to do things
    - messy
    - loses track of details (goes back to not being very organised)

Person 2:
    - very sarcastic
    - uses facial expressions and tone of voice a lot
    - can be very restrained and unresponsive when you try to get provoke a reaction out of him, but seems to appreciate large, festive group atmospheres (if he identifies with the group)
    - does not like dramatism, is able to brush off or dismiss attempts at creating drama
    - values hard work - in a group he will always be the one pushing to get 'one more thing' done when others are asking for a break
    - very quiet around new people, says he has a lot of social anxiety, but actually he does alright in these situations
    - does not lack self belief, gets worked up and will try to prove himself or prove a point if his ability is doubted
    - is easily exasperated when he tries to communicate to someone how to do something, or when he is explaining a concept, and the other person doesn't get it, even though he thinks it should be very simple
    - gets annoyed when people ask him stupid questions - says things like "how should i know?" or "if you read it carefully, you should know the answer"
    - good at getting down to the root of an argument or a discussion, seems to get frustrated when the discussion strays to superficial or irrelevant issues
    - often acts as a kind of translator in a group when people find it difficult to communicate their points to each other. He seems to be good at understanding and communicating what people are "trying to say" or why they are saying it.
    - seems to think he is pretty good at predicting what someone will say next
    - usually pretty good at understanding others' motives or true feelings
    - cautious with spending money, saves a lot, takes a lot of time before deciding to spend money
    - seems to try hard to be impartial, doesn't like to take sides
    - fairly optimistic about the future, tells people not to worry too much about things which happened in the past
    - generally very cautious, careful, prepares a lot.
    - reluctant leader. says he does not like to lead but ends up doing so. also says he doesn't like organsing things, like group meetings, but he is pretty good at doing that.
    Last edited by hellothere; 02-25-2008 at 02:29 AM. Reason: added a couple of lines to Person 1's description

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Person 1: ISFp or ISTp
    Person 2: ENTj or ESTj
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1: SEI
    2: Some ENxx. Sounds a LOT like me, even some random specifics like predicting what people will say next, only he sounds more Se-oriented than me (possibly due to depression), minus the fact that I like to lead and tell people what to do.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 - SEI
    2 - not everything fits but I think ENTj fits best overall.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks everyone, this is interesting

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

okay the first guy is a friend that I write and play music with. I thought he was an SEI, akeaneau also thought so, but sometimes he acts very ILE'ish, but I guess he is more annoying when he uses Ne+Ti than Si+Fe. The only thing I'm wary of is that my description of him may have been influenced by the SEI descriptions I've read.

The second person is myself. I was trying to describe myself in an objective way as my close friends and family would. This was inspired by my friend who said he thought I was an ILI after reading type descriptions, which surprised me. I tried to include more negative traits than I've included in my previous self descriptions, and also excluded things that people wouldn't usually see in me if they were just observing my behaviour. Also, that description describes me ONLY around people who I am comfortable with. Also, my friend PM'd me and said something like "who the hell is Person 2?", so its possible I failed in what I was trying to do, but alternatively he may have automatically ruled me out considering I was describing the person as someone else.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hellothere View Post
    Also, my friend PM'd me and said something like "who the hell is Person 2?", so its possible I failed in what I was trying to do, but alternatively he may have automatically ruled me out considering I was describing the person as someone else.
    Definitely the latter. You've come up with a very good description of yourself there. I'll try to think of something to add to it though
    LII

TIM
    nil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you are probably an extroverted person. You seems to don't know yourself enough to make an 'objetive' description about you. You should ask for someone else for that. I already used that tech to describe myself 'objectively' but i failed and now im going to hell for that. Shame my attempt of introvertism.

Anyway, this is just my opinion and im not competent enough.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by normal View Post
    you are probably an extroverted person.
    Possibly. I'm definitely an introvert in the everyday usage of the word, but I wonder why extroverted socioncics types weren't considered in my original type thread. Do I focus on objects or fields? Can't say for sure. Though I do identify more with the descriptions of IJ and IP temperament than EJ and EP. Maybe what I should take away from this thread (and the number of EJ guesses for Person 2) is that I am more likely IJ than IP, as I have suspected for some time now.

Is it completely crazy for an EII to act in the way that I described?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    2: Some ENxx. Sounds a LOT like me, even some random specifics like predicting what people will say next, only he sounds more Se-oriented than me (possibly due to depression), minus the fact that I like to lead and tell people what to do.
    Where did you see the Se in the description?

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hellothere View Post
    Where did you see the Se in the description?
    Encouraging people to "keep going," wanting to persist when everyone else is tired. Could merely be Se values. Or maybe Te values with weak Si; this seems equally likely to me now that I think about it.

What you say about being good at getting to the "root" of an argument suggests strong Ne and perhaps Ti, and being frustrated when people don't understand things that seem "simple" sounds very much like Ne values. My sister described that exact trait in her Si-ESE husband today, and I can certainly relate. Perhaps the above does have more to do with Te.

Understanding people's motives is usually related to Ne and/or Fi.

Acting as a translator is something I relate to very much, and I think it's related to Ne: capturing the essence of what people are saying and thinking of possible ways to reword it.

Trying hard to be "impartial"/fair could be Ti role.

I'm thinking that you are a Delta NF right now. Given that it is consistent with your self-perception, I'd go with Ne-EII as a solid choice for the time being.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Encouraging people to "keep going," wanting to persist when everyone else is tired. Could merely be Se values. Or maybe Te values with weak Si; this seems equally likely to me now that I think about it.

What you say about being good at getting to the "root" of an argument suggests strong Ne and perhaps Ti, and being frustrated when people don't understand things that seem "simple" sounds very much like Ne values. My sister described that exact trait in her Si-ESE husband today, and I can certainly relate. Perhaps the above does have more to do with Te.

Understanding people's motives is usually related to Ne and/or Fi.

Acting as a translator is something I relate to very much, and I think it's related to Ne: capturing the essence of what people are saying and thinking of possible ways to reword it.

Trying hard to be "impartial"/fair could be Ti role.

I'm thinking that you are a Delta NF right now. Given that it is consistent with your self-perception, I'd go with Ne-EII as a solid choice for the time being.
    thanks, I appreciate this.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any time