Thread: Grey's Anatomy

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Grey's Anatomy

For those of you who watch the show, what are your thoughts on the characters' types? Don't forget the newly arrived Dr. Hunt!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this show used to be my biggest guilty pleasure, but the new season just sucks. it's like they think they're deep because they complain. and, they've done every single possible relationship combination, so now they've had to introduce a lesbian couple. how novel.

Meredith: INFJ/INTJ
    Derek: ESTJ/ESFJ
    Christina: ISTJ maybe ISTP just bc of relationship with Mer.
    McSteamy: ESTP.
    George: ISFJ.
    Izzy- ESFP.
    Alex- ISTP.
    Derek's ex-wife-ENFJ
    Callie: ISTP.
    Han: ESTP or ISTJ
    Hunt- dunno, maybe ESFP
    EII; E6(w5)

i am flakey

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I totally agree that the new seasons sucks. but I watch it anyway. I think Derek is ESFj. Down to the exact things he says, he reminds me of my husband. As for Meredith, I think she has some INFp qualities. Maybe the question is, is she infantile (INFj) or victim (INFp). Derek's a caregiver but I feel like one of the reasons their relationship keeps faltering is because Meredith doesn't really want that "care" that he keeps trying to give her. He wants to take care of her, and she... she needs (in the words of Mimosa from another thread) a worthy opponent. But I could be wrong. Half the time, it's not clear what she wants.

I think of George as ISFp (I don't think an ISFj would have cheated quite as easily as he did) and Christina ISTj (which makes more sense if Meredith is INFp). I think Hunt may be ESTp.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    I totally agree that the new seasons sucks. but I watch it anyway. I think Derek is ESFj. Down to the exact things he says, he reminds me of my husband. As for Meredith, I think she has some INFp qualities. Maybe the question is, is she infantile (INFj) or victim (INFp). Derek's a caregiver but I feel like one of the reasons their relationship keeps faltering is because Meredith doesn't really want that "care" that he keeps trying to give her. He wants to take care of her, and she... she needs (in the words of Mimosa from another thread) a worthy opponent. But I could be wrong. Half the time, it's not clear what she wants.

I think of George as ISFp (I don't think an ISFj would have cheated quite as easily as he did) and Christina ISTj (which makes more sense if Meredith is INFp). I think Hunt may be ESTp.
    Yea, I agree about Derek. He does remind me a lot of ESFJs. He has that whole friendly, sporty vibe.
    Really good point about Meredith. I never considered INFP, tbh, but it could make a lot of sense, esp. with what you said about needing someone to just take the lead. Also, I've always felt really empathetic toward Meredith- like I relate to her and feel very similar to her. But, I've never understood why she likes to wallow in her misery so much and why she feels the need to make her relationship with Derek so negative when it could be perfect. That sounds sort of like how I see some INFPs, now that I think of it....
    Hmm. I have to think more about George. I think ISFx is a good start.
    EII; E6(w5)

i am flakey

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ritella and Redbaron, thanks for the feedback so far.

I had also been thinking INFp for Meredith, ISTj for Cristina and ISFp for George.

Redbaron's observations about the dynamics between Derek and Meredith are very accurate, IMO, although I'd never thought of it that way. Her being INFp would also explain why her and Cristina get along so well (I really don't see Cristina being anything other than ISTj). Meredith is pretty much perpetually getting on my nerves (not that that's type related). I've just never really been able to "connect" with the character that much. She seems to almost enjoy her negative emotions and situations to the point of attracting them. This *could* be related to being INFp or enneagram 4.

I think ESFp is a good fit for Izzie, ESTp for Sloan and ISTp for Karev. What about "little Grey" (Lexie), who btw I just found out is from Charlotte, NC where I live!

Redbaron, when you mention Hunt...did you mean the new redhead army doctor? I noticed Ritella was referring to Dr. Hahn (sp?), the cardiologist and one half of the recently developed and just as soon apparently over lesbian relationship, when she typed her as ESTp. I had read a few days ago that she was being written off the show.

Ritella, I'm curious as to why you think Torres is ISTp. I can't say I've ever gotten an ISTp vibe from her, but who knows!

BTW, I agree with you guys that the show has lost quality. I'm not crazy about the mixing and matching of couples either, but I guess that's not surprising in a show like this.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, tbh, I can't see anything other than ISTJ for Christina either, which is why I was always so confused when I thought Mer was INFJ.
    So, I think we agree with most of the cast!
    Lexie may be INTJ? She kinda has that like "vampire" quality. And she gets along with George well.
    And, yeah, Alex is like SUCH ISTP. He does the whole "pretends to be an asshole but actually cares" ISTP thing.
    yeah Hahn and Hunt... not sure about either. I think Beta ST makes sense for Hahn. Hunt I really don't know.
    Torres I wasn''t sold on ISTP for her. I think it's clear with Alex. Her whole attitude seems very S. She doesn't strike me as very aggressive or overly assertive. She's kind of like a guy's girl. Likes cars and stuff. I told my ISTP friend that she reminded me of her and she went "damn it. is it because she's in a LOVELESS relationship (with george)?" I was like "no....but now that you bring that up..."
    EII; E6(w5)

i am flakey

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sirena View Post
    Meredith is pretty much perpetually getting on my nerves (not that that's type related). I've just never really been able to "connect" with the character that much. She seems to almost enjoy her negative emotions and situations to the point of attracting them.
    It's funny that you say that. My ENFP and ISTP friends both feel the same way. I've always just felt sorry for her. When I told my ISTP friend that I felt similar to Meredith's character she went "no way! she's so whiney. you're not like that." i was like "i feel like that."

Btw, do you think the actress who plays Mer could be INFJ?
    All of her mannerisms just seem so INFJ to me.
    EII; E6(w5)

i am flakey

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My ISFp friend thinks Meredith is whiny too. and she is. but I relate also.

Sirena--yeah, I meant Hunt, the red-haired doc, I think is ESTp.

Ritella, I want to hear why you're INFj>INFp.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ritella, I want to hear why you're INFj>INFp.
    ahahaha. how come?
    EII; E6(w5)

i am flakey

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Lexie may be INTJ? She kinda has that like "vampire" quality. And she gets along with George well.
    And, yeah, Alex is like SUCH ISTP. He does the whole "pretends to be an asshole but actually cares" ISTP thing.
    yeah Hahn and Hunt... not sure about either. I think Beta ST makes sense for Hahn. Hunt I really don't know.
    Torres I wasn''t sold on ISTP for her. I think it's clear with Alex. Her whole attitude seems very S. She doesn't strike me as very aggressive or overly assertive. She's kind of like a guy's girl. Likes cars and stuff. I told my ISTP friend that she reminded me of her and she went "damn it. is it because she's in a LOVELESS relationship (with george)?" I was like "no....but now that you bring that up..."
    Hmm I think Se PoLR would make sense for Lexie, so you may be onto something here.

I had actually always considered Alex to be ESTp until recently, so thinking about it I guess I am still torn between ESTp and ISTp for him. He just seems so forceful most of the time, which is something I associate with ESTp, not ISTp. I also see Fi PoLR>Fe PoLR for him, although he's obviously got issues with both.

My experience of ISTp's Fe PoLR is that it's more that they are unaware and uncertain of how they're coming across, rather than they're just being assholes on purpose. To me, Karev is usually an asshole in order to achieve a purpose, which again seems more like Se. The exception to this is when it relates to people he cares about like Izzie, which I think indicates Fi PoLR instead. Also, I think ISTps tend to be less able/willing to manipulate situations to get what they want (a clear sign of Se) and something he does a lot, like stealing surgeries and stuff. ISTps mostly just want to do their own thing and be left alone and are less competitive.

Plus, I don't see any indication of Si valuing. I'm still unsure though about his type though.

I had actually been considering ISTp>ESTp for Hunt. Just a vibe so far and the fact that I like him a lot. I don't know if people are assuming ESTp because of the toughness he developed from having worked as an army doctor. Maybe that's being associated with Se. I associate his sense of compassion and moral principles as Fi valuing. Like getting offended that the patients were seen as objects rather than people. He seems to focus on "right and wrong" and not in an inpersonal Ti way. I also see him as a man of few words who has difficulty expressing his emotions and needs someone to help him see different perspectives, like he's in desperate need of Ne. It's hard to explain, but I associate the expression in his eyes with the SLIs I know. One last thing is that I think his medical methods involve the use of Te quite a bit. Like his using the pigs as practical teaching aides for the docs and interns. He's hands-on.

I'll have to give Torres more thought.
    It's funny that you say that. My ENFP and ISTP friends both feel the same way. I've always just felt sorry for her. When I told my ISTP friend that I felt similar to Meredith's character she went "no way! she's so whiney. you're not like that." i was like "i feel like that."

Btw, do you think the actress who plays Mer could be INFJ?
    All of her mannerisms just seem so INFJ to me.
    Meredith is very whiney indeed. I can't quite put my finger on exactly what it is about her that annoys me.

I'm not sure about Ellen Pompeo's type. Actually, I just remembered hearing her on the radio a while back and in retrospect she did strike me as Delta. Didn't seem Fe valuing. That's all I have to go by though, which isn't much. I'll see if I remember to check out some interviews on youtube.
    Last edited by Sirena; 11-17-2008 at 05:29 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm I think Se PoLR would make sense for Lexie, so you may be onto something here.
    yeah i like Se-PoLR for her a lot.

I had actually always considered Alex to be ESTp until recently, so thinking about it I guess I am still torn between ESTp and ISTp for him. He just seems so forceful most of the time, which is something I associate with ESTp, not ISTp. I also see Fi PoLR>Fe PoLR for him, although he's obviously got issues with both.

My experience of ISTp's Fe PoLR is that it's more that they are unaware and uncertain of how they're coming across, rather than they're just being assholes on purpose. To me, Karev is usually an asshole in order to achieve a purpose, which again seems more like Se. The exception to this is when it relates to people he cares about like Izzie, which I think indicates Fi PoLR instead. Also, I think ISTps tend to be less able/willing to manipulate situations to get what they want (a clear sign of Se) and something he does a lot, like stealing surgeries and stuff. ISTps mostly just want to do their own thing and be left alone and are less competitive.

Plus, I don't see any indication of Si valuing. I'm still unsure though about his type though.
    Hmm. I actually really understand what you mean here. For awhile I went back and forth between ESTP and ISTP for Alex. If he is ESTP, he's one of the more subdued types. I think McSteamy is like archetypal ESTP and they don't seem very similar. What makes me think ISTP > ESTP for Alex is that he IS really caring and values interpersonal connections. He tried really hard to take care of his gf who was crazy. He also does a lot of "behind the scenes" empathising. I don't think he's that competitive really. I think the environment is sort of crazy. And, his relationship with McSteamy seems very ISTP-ESTP. Alex is sort of like "I could be like you, but you're sort of an ass."

Oh, what about Bailey and Chief?
    Does everyone agree ENFJ for the redhead ex of Derek?

I had actually been considering ISTp>ESTp for Hunt. Just a vibe so far and the fact that I like him a lot. I don't know if people are assuming ESTp because of I associate his sense of compassion and moral principles as Fi valuing. Like getting offended that the patients were seen as objects rather than people. He seems to focus on "right and wrong" and not in an inpersonal Ti way. I also see him as a man of few words who has difficulty expressing his emotions and needs someone to help him see different perspectives, like he's in desperate need of Ne. It's hard to explain, but I associate the expression in his eyes with the SLIs I know. One last thing is that I think his medical methods involve the use of Te quite a bit. Like his using the pigs as practical teaching aides for the docs and interns. He's hands-on.
    I know EXACTLY what you mean here. I was thinking similarly. I would honestly say Fi-valuing, weak.

I'm not sure about Ellen Pompeo's type. Actually, I just remembered hearing her on the radio a while back and in retrospect she did strike me as Delta. Didn't seem Fe valuing. That's all I have to go by though, which isn't much. I'll see if I remember to check out some interviews on youtube.
    we should look that up. i think that may be why i kept thinking she has to be INFJ. all her mannerisms just seem so me.
    EII; E6(w5)

i am flakey

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah i like Se-PoLR for her a lot.
    Can you see INFj at all? That was actually my first thought for her. I think the intertype relationship between her and Meredith would sort of make sense (with Mer as INFp). Or ISFj. I think I can definitely see her as Fi leading. Watcha think?

Hmm. I actually really understand what you mean here. For awhile I went back and forth between ESTP and ISTP for Alex. If he is ESTP, he's one of the more subdued types. I think McSteamy is like archetypal ESTP and they don't seem very similar. What makes me think ISTP > ESTP for Alex is that he IS really caring and values interpersonal connections. He tried really hard to take care of his gf who was crazy. He also does a lot of "behind the scenes" empathising. I don't think he's that competitive really. I think the environment is sort of crazy. And, his relationship with McSteamy seems very ISTP-ESTP. Alex is sort of like "I could be like you, but you're sort of an ass."
    Hmm you do have a point here. Something to look at also re: Torres' type since her and Sloan have actually managed to get emotionally close, which is saying a lot for Sloan. The more I think about it, I just don't see SLI for her, but I've got nothing. Anyway, I'll think more about this, especially the Alex thing and will comment later.
    Oh, what about Bailey and Chief?
    Does everyone agree ENFJ for the redhead ex of Derek?
    Hehe that was gonna be my next question, about the chief and Bailey. Chief ESTj and Bailey ENTj? Almost total guesses though, so that's probably way off.

And yeah, I've always thought ENFj for Allison.

I know EXACTLY what you mean here. I was thinking similarly. I would honestly say Fi-valuing, weak.
    Ahh he's probably my favorite character at the moment.

Ooo, what do you think Denny was? (/is now that he's back as a ghost hehe)

we should look that up. i think that may be why i kept thinking she has to be INFJ. all her mannerisms just seem so me.
    We'll do it.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I think Addison is ENFj. As for Alex, I think ISTp>ESTp for the same reasons you stated. I think Callie could be ESTp also (which makes a certain amount of sense. she and Sloan are similar in many ways and it makes sense why they get along and understand each other) and Hahn some Ij type. Doesn't she seem more introverted than Callie and with the j sort of perfectionistic tendencies. I dunno. She was telling Callie how she doesn't make friends easily and keeps to herself.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ Ritella, I dunno, I just feel like you and I are WAY too similar for us to be quasis.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

***el X Mercenary
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Plus, I don't see any indication of Si valuing.
    I am not a fan of this show and do not watch regularly, but I have seen the show a few times and have generally came to the same conclusion about Alex's( Justin Chambers character, right) type;SLE.

I particularly agree with Se part of your reasoning.

Creepy-Cyclops

I'd say Grey's Anatomy is Te. I'd imagine most medical text books are. Oh wait, have I missed the thread here? Ops, oops rather, sorry..

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DeAnte View Post
    I am not a fan of this show and do not watch regularly, but I have seen the show a few times and have generally came to the same conclusion about Alex's( Justin Chambers character, right) type;SLE.

I particularly agree with Se part of your reasoning.
    Yeah, I'm still leaning towards SLE for Alex. Will have to think about it some more though. Thanks...that's helpful especially coming from an SLI.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    I'd say Grey's Anatomy is Te. I'd imagine most medical text books are. Oh wait, have I missed the thread here? Ops, oops rather, sorry..
    Silly goose

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any suggestions for the Chief and Bailey?

What about Danny?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not to give into dual hopes, but I actually don't dislike ILI for Danny. He sort of grounds Izzy's emotional drama.
    I also like your guesses for Chief and Bailey. I think they're both Fi-DS and Bailey seems more Se valuing than Chief.
    What about Meredith's mother? She reminds me of a Beta rational, but they never got along.
    EII; E6(w5)

i am flakey

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not to give into dual hopes, but I actually don't dislike ILI for Danny. He sort of grounds Izzy's emotional drama.
    I also like your guesses for Chief and Bailey. I think they're both Fi-DS and Bailey seems more Se valuing than Chief.
    What about Meredith's mother? She reminds me of a Beta rational, but they never got along.
    I've always thought that Izzy made the best couple with Denny. There was that sense of acclamation between them. Even now (that he's a ghost hehe), I get the sense that they're just right for each other. So I think you may be right. The only problem I'm having is seeing Denny as Fe PoLR. He seems so sweet and expressive.

Really? *shock* (re: guesses for Chief and Bailey). They came almost out of nowhere. But now that you mention it, I can see Fi DS for both and definitely more Se valuing in Bailey. I do think Te dominat works for both of them. They're extremely hardworking and dedicated (both to the detriment of their marriages). They're both good leaders and Bailey has always been the Chief's pick to replace him.

I don't have an opinion on Old Grey yet. Kinda hard to know not having seen her much on the show and the times she did appear, she had dementia. It'd be interesting to try to figure it out though and how it all relates to Meredith. I agree that she's definitely a rational and Beta is not a bad guess. I'm more inclined to go with ST or NT, club-wise although I see ST as more likely and specifically Se (or at least Se valuing). Meh.

What do you think about my suggestions for Lexie? (a few posts back)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol @ "Old Gray"

I was thinking of ISFJ for Lexie as well. Tbh she's kind of hard for me to type bc I don't pay attention to her that much. I think INTJ, INFJ, ISFJ are sort of the only options though.
    In some ways, INFJ actually makes the most sense. He relationship to Sloan seems very typical INFJ-ESTP IMO. Like there's some sexual tension and attraction but she's pretty obviously not interested in playing his game.
    @redbaron or any other INFP: Do you identify with Meredith's mannerisms? I agree her char. is probably INFP, but her mannerisms and speaking style and smile just seem so....INFJ to me.
    EII; E6(w5)

i am flakey

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol @ "Old Gray"
    lol, well that completes the Grey trinity: Little Grey, Big Grey and Old Gray
    I was thinking of ISFJ for Lexie as well. Tbh she's kind of hard for me to type bc I don't pay attention to her that much. I think INTJ, INFJ, ISFJ are sort of the only options though.
    In some ways, INFJ actually makes the most sense. He relationship to Sloan seems very typical INFJ-ESTP IMO. Like there's some sexual tension and attraction but she's pretty obviously not interested in playing his game.
    @redbaron or any other INFP: Do you identify with Meredith's mannerisms? I agree her char. is probably INFP, but her mannerisms and speaking style and smile just seem so....INFJ to me.
    I was thinking INFj would give Lexie the Se PoLR we talked about plus the Fi leading. But I agree, I wouldn't consider anything outside INTj, INFj or ISFj. I don't know if I can see Se ego though, I think Se PoLR is much more likely. She seems to me to have that gentle look of INFjs. She does seem pretty ethical, so all in all I think INFj makes the most sense. I want you to confirm yay or nay though. You'd know better than me whether that's right or not. So pay attention to Lexie next week! And definitely true about her and Sloan, good observation. He seems to be quite taken by her as of late.

Creepy-Cyclops

I don't watch the show, but I wanted to make another post on this thread.

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    I don't watch the show, but I wanted to make another post on this thread.
    Sure! Lay back and put your feet up. Can I get you anything...some tea perhaps?

Creepy-Cyclops

Sure! Lay back and put your feet up. Can I get you anything...some tea perhaps?
    When the adverts (commercials) come on then

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've only watched Seasons 1 and 2. I agree on the types suggested thus far and pose a question: what do you guys think Preston Burke's type was? I thought he was an asshat, but an asshat I didn't really mind, that I somewhat admired in fact.
    Last edited by unefille; 11-18-2008 at 09:03 AM.
    ()
    3w4-1w2-5w4 sx/sp

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol @ "Old Gray"

well, remember it's tv so whatever the actor's type is (and I don't know what Ellen Pompeo is said to be) is going to come through, most likely. No, I don't identify with her mannerisms necessarily. I do identify with all of her angst, difficulty making decisions in her personal life, her worries, etc. She's pretty driven for an INFp. But she's also really smart plus I know real live INFps who are doctors

Lexi, yeah could be INFj. She really annoys me. She's such a goodie two shoes and constantly bending over backwards for George is unattractive.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lexi, yeah could be INFj. She really annoys me. She's such a goodie two shoes and constantly bending over backwards for George is unattractive.
    I think the bending over backwards for George is unattractive too but it comes from a place of deep caring and placing a lot of value on interpersonal connection, although I think she has started to realize that is no good unless appreciated and reciprocated.

I do like Lexie a lot. I can relate to the way she cares about people, although I often want to shake her and tell her to stand up for herself more. More accurately, I would like to help her see that she can't go through life trying to make everyone else happy in order to not be invisible, at the cost of her own happiness and the risk of becoming invisible to herself. I like her better than Meredith, that's for sure.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I definitely prefer Meredith. lol maybe that says something about their types. ha.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by unefille View Post
    I've only watched Seasons 1 and 2. I agree on the types suggested thus far and pose a question: what do you guys think Preston Burke's type was? I thought he was an asshat, but an asshat I didn't really mind, that I somewhat admired in fact.

I think Burke was a Delta ST. ESTj more specifically. He was one of my favourite characters admitedly.
    Ceci n'est pas une eii.

TIM
    IEI!
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't see Alex as ESTp because when Izzie rejects him hes not all vengeful and scary, he also doesn't play games with her like ESTps generally like to do. He isn't fiery enough to be ESTp, he doesn't have that passion, that spark, that gressive meaness. Sure he can be a an arsehole but its not really ESTp arseholeness, his energy it's too contained.

I also don't see Meredith as an INFp, an INFp takes on the responsibility to keep her friends moods up, but Meredith is all wallowy and self-absorbed (which an INFp can be like also but not in the company of friends!) and she seems to make no attempt to be all 'sunny' like an INFp is with their friends, its just all about moaning, which INFps do but not to the extent that she does it cause we would be aware of how badly it was dragging down the emotional pitch. I could see her as an INFp otherwise, like how she is with Derek, making him work and keeping him at a distance even though she loves him. She's just lacking the INFp warm friendliness and she is really driven, but shes reflective, moany, and has stupidly high ideals like an INFp...

***el X Mercenary
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After watching some clips of GREY'S ANATOMY on YT, I am now of the opinion that SLI is the most likely type for Alex. He is capable (and quite confident) of Se when he feels it's necessary to achieving a certain end, understanding that he would use it in a competitive surgical field, but I'm not convinced it's his dominant funtion. He also doesn't appear to be as desperately in need of Ni as someone like Dr. Sloan and I don't really see any Fe valuing from Alex either.

I also agree that Dr. Owen Hunt quite clearly operates from an Si base and Te creative functions. I also noticed the Ne dual seeking that was mentioned earlier in this thread. He's very aware of his own internal comfort and tolerance for pain (as well as the pigs) and knows exactly how to relieve Dr. Yang's anxiety (in the scene with the vent). On top of that, he literally acknowledges his limited scope of practicing medicine in Iraq and openly states that he wants to be informed of all available treatment possibilities, so he is sure he's making the best medical decision. He needs others to show him those perspectives. He doesn't care about one particular technique or favor it over the other, just whatever gets the job done most effectively.

Hunt (the awesomely badass Kevin fucking McKidd!) is the more obvious SLI on the show and easily the most fascinating character. I might have to start watching because of him.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Greeter View Post
    I think Burke was a Delta ST. ESTj more specifically. He was one of my favourite characters admitedly.
    I thought Burke was a pretty obvious ILI. He had clear Fi HA.

I like EII for Lexie. I'm not really certain why she can't be LII, but whatever. The interaction between her and Sloan is pretty typical EII-SLE.
    EII; E6(w5)

i am flakey

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DeAnte View Post
    After watching some clips of GREY'S ANATOMY on YT, I am now of the opinion that SLI is the most likely type for Alex. He is capable (and quite confident) of Se when he feels it's necessary to achieving a certain end, understanding that he would use it in a competitive surgical field, but I'm not convinced it's his dominant funtion. He also doesn't appear to be as desperately in need of Ni as someone like Dr. Sloan and I don't really see any Fe valuing from Alex either.

I also agree that Dr. Owen Hunt quite clearly operates from an Si base and Te creative functions. I also noticed the Ne dual seeking that was mentioned earlier in this thread. He's very aware of his own internal comfort and tolerance for pain (as well as the pigs) and knows exactly how to relieve Dr. Yang's anxiety (in the scene with the vent). On top of that, he literally acknowledges his limited scope of practicing medicine in Iraq and openly states that he wants to be informed of all available treatment possibilities, so he is sure he's making the best medical decision. He needs others to show him those perspectives. He doesn't care about one particular technique or favor it over the other, just whatever gets the job done most effectively.

Hunt (the awesomely badass Kevin fucking McKidd!) is the more obvious SLI on the show and easily the most fascinating character. I might have to start watching because of him.
    I like this analysis a lot. I haven't watched the past couple of episodes but I might right now. This got me curious again. And I TOTALLY agree about Dr. Hunt. He is my favorite character by far and thought from the beginning SLI was obvious. <3 him!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like EII for Lexie. I'm not really certain why she can't be LII, but whatever. The interaction between her and Sloan is pretty typical EII-SLE.
    So funny if that's the case because they're such a popular couple at the moment. I hope they are conflictors because it would make sense of why I don't see them making sense as a couple

Addison and Mark definitely scream beta to me. The guy who plays Mark seems LSI to me. Kate Walsh is IEE. Yet Mark and Addison have so much chemistry!!

Cristina I see as LSI. I don't like her relationship with Hunt AT ALL. They don't seem matched to me. The new guy after Cristina seems like a victim, I prefer her with him. I can't place Meredith, Shonda likes to call her 'dark and twisty' so it makes me think IEI over SEI...and that's not to say IEIs are like that but she gets along with Beta Cristina, so activity is possible?

I think the writer of Grey's is EIE. She loves foreshadowing and always reminds viewers everything is going to be ok as "there's a plan."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meredith Grey's clone of my LSE mother. all of their manners are so simliar and they even sound the same including words. both are extraordinary irritating i've also been typing Meredith as EII but now im not sure if she's LSE. Duals tend to be similar though.
    Alex Karev is ILI or SLI. he reminds me of myself. and Izzie is IEE, not SEE.
    Bailey is 100% ESI. i love that type and i find her my most charming activator ever. my favourite character from the drama as well.
    balzac.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is old but I am rewatching this.

Meredith - EIE and probably sx/sp or sx/so, but not sure on main enneatype. Negativist and beta NF. When I watched this before and read this thread, I totally disagreed with both EII and IEI but no other types came to mind. Now, EIE seems obvious.
    Cristina - LSI-Se 1w2 sp/sx 1-8-3
    Izzy - SEE 8w7 sx/so
    George - SEI 9w8
    Derek - LII-Ne maybe a 5. also with him I totally disagreed with ESE.. Have you guys seen an XSE? He's absolutely not one.
    Burke -LSI-Ti 1w9 maybe sp/so
    Denny - SLI
    Callie - SLE-Ti
    Alex - SLE-Ti
    Bailey - ESI-Se
    Addison - LIE-Ni 8 .. She reminds me of a female Ashton. She's way too harsh to be EIE and she totally hit George's PoLR in the episode Bailey has her baby. When she is in stressful situations we are shown a ton of Te and Ni, and she seems most frustrated when emotions cloud her judgements.
    Mark - SLE-Se but I wouldn't totally rule out EIE. But it's like SLE>>>>>>>>>>>>EIE. 8w7
    Chief - LIE>>>LSE because he dislikes Adele's caregiving. 8
    Adele - ESE-Si maybe 2w3
    Ellis - not sure on her. LSI-Se seems possible, 1w2 or maybe an 8. Meredith always wanted to be closer to her mom, which of course didn't ever happen. Maybe Cristina is a kind of compensation for that? Ellis and Cristina are very similar in personality, and I think they shared an identity moment when Ellis was admitted (and she explained the personalities behind the specialties)
    Hahn - SLE? LSI? I'm not sure, but I've always really loved her for some reason.
    Hunt - I don't remember much of him and haven't gotten to where I was yet. I can remember thinking some ST but not LSE.
    Arizona - I think I had her as ESE-Si
    Lexie - IEI from what I remember (btw I thought that before and after she and Mark were together)
    Sydney (annoying resident) - ESE-Fe
    Cristina's mom - ESE. It seems the main issue with her and Cristina is her over-use of Si, and Cristina finds it annoying (being her ignoring function)
    Thatcher - EII maybe? Se PoLR
    His wife/Lexie's mom - Maybe LSE. Not sure

I have probably forgotten people but they probably aren't important.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I'd like the sexy squad to move in to my hospital.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    I'd like the sexy squad to move in to my hospital.
    do you work in a hospital?
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    This is old but I am rewatching this.

Meredith - EIE and probably sx/sp or sx/so, but not sure on main enneatype. Negativist and beta NF. When I watched this before and read this thread, I totally disagreed with both EII and IEI but no other types came to mind. Now, EIE seems obvious.
    Cristina - LSI-Se 1w2 sp/sx 1-8-3
    Izzy - SEE 8w7 sx/so
    George - SEI 9w8
    Derek - LII-Ne maybe a 5. also with him I totally disagreed with ESE.. Have you guys seen an XSE? He's absolutely not one.
    Burke -LSI-Ti 1w9 maybe sp/so
    Denny - SLI
    Callie - SLE-Ti
    Alex - SLE-Ti
    Bailey - ESI-Se
    Addison - LIE-Ni 8 .. She reminds me of a female Ashton. She's way too harsh to be EIE and she totally hit George's PoLR in the episode Bailey has her baby. When she is in stressful situations we are shown a ton of Te and Ni, and she seems most frustrated when emotions cloud her judgements.
    Mark - SLE-Se but I wouldn't totally rule out EIE. But it's like SLE>>>>>>>>>>>>EIE. 8w7
    Chief - LIE>>>LSE because he dislikes Adele's caregiving. 8
    Adele - ESE-Si maybe 2w3
    Ellis - not sure on her. LSI-Se seems possible, 1w2 or maybe an 8. Meredith always wanted to be closer to her mom, which of course didn't ever happen. Maybe Cristina is a kind of compensation for that? Ellis and Cristina are very similar in personality, and I think they shared an identity moment when Ellis was admitted (and she explained the personalities behind the specialties)
    Hahn - SLE? LSI? I'm not sure, but I've always really loved her for some reason.
    Hunt - I don't remember much of him and haven't gotten to where I was yet. I can remember thinking some ST but not LSE.
    Arizona - I think I had her as ESE-Si
    Lexie - IEI from what I remember (btw I thought that before and after she and Mark were together)
    Sydney (annoying resident) - ESE-Fe
    Cristina's mom - ESE. It seems the main issue with her and Cristina is her over-use of Si, and Cristina finds it annoying (being her ignoring function)
    Thatcher - EII maybe? Se PoLR
    His wife/Lexie's mom - Maybe LSE. Not sure
    I agree with almost all of these. I have no opinion on Cristina's mom? She's not in very many episodes, is she? I feel like I've seen all of them... but I don't remember her. Hahn could be LSI. Not SLE though. I feel like she's definitely rational. I don't know about LIE for the Chief. He almost seems too soft for that. But LIE for Addison might be right. I still think Derek is ESE. Of course he's going to push forward his logical side in his work. But he's very much a caretaker in style. And Meredith is a victim, that's where I see them clashing. He wants to take care of her and she kind of wants to stand alone sometimes. She occasionally pushes him away. I feel like she wants him to be aggressive, and he can be now and then, because he's a guy, but overall he wants to be more like a mother or something. icky. Do you see him as infantile?
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast