Thread: EXO-K and EXO-M Types

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default EXO-K and EXO-M Types

(Original members included, revised with @LuckyOne's help)

EXO-K

Baekhyun> SEE-Fi 3w2

Kyungsoo> LSI-Ti 1w9
    Chanyeol> EIE-Fe 8w7
    Kai> ESI-Fi 5w4
    Suho> SLI-Te 2w3
    Sehun> EII-Fi 6w5

EXO-M

Chen> ILE-Ne 9w8
    Kris> ESI-Se 8w7
    Tao> ESI-SE 4w3
    Xiumin> SLI-Si 1w9
    Lu Han> EIE-Fe 6w7
    Lay> ESI-Fi 1w9
    Last edited by Chae; 11-23-2016 at 12:53 PM.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In English
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    In English
    Cute... No worries
    Those are Korean names. A person familiar with the group will understand. Or did you mean something else?

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Thought about Luhan again and checked the bodily posture. "Unbendable back" detected, ENFj indeed

Melodies from Mars~
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

that quote is wrong and very hateful against SEIs like me

edit: oops I guess it is more anti-Ji dom than anything else, but still...
    Last edited by chrys; 07-21-2016 at 01:34 AM.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chryssie View Post
    that quote is wrong and very hateful against SEIs like me

edit: oops I guess it is more anti-Ji dom than anything else, but still...
    I assume it's the second quote you refer to. If you see it as negative, that would require a dichotomy of very non-upright posture = good and very upright-posture = bad when the opposite's true from the perspective of health and etiquette. In Socionics, it's a tool and technically independent of those factors
    Psychologically, hate is a transformed version of fear. Fear of posture would be quite interesting

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

As for Chen I believe that IEE is a good fit. D.O's conflictor. I think he matches Delta values well

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyOne View Post
    I agree with most,except:

Chanyeol: EIE 3w4. I'm absolutely sure of this. I think it's hilarious how he can't stand Tiffany
    Lay: IEI 1w9
    Kai: SEI like Taemin ,I can't understand the reasoning for either of them (Or Park Jimin for that matter) being IEI. Also, him and Krystal (SEI) look more like twins then a couple.

I'm glad to see Kris is well represented here, I don't know how people can type him as a LII or SLI. Well, Kris, Krystal, Kai and TOP all have such a strong case of the supposed "Ni stare" that must be the reason. Interestingly, that's exactly how I supposedly look too when I'm not smiling Except I'm not Melancholic/Phlegmatic like them.
    I subscribe to EIE Chanyeol, I analyzed his behaviour recently on V App and the happy virus persona is still a thing, not a concept. Se HA - "take charge when needed". Although 3w4 makes him very adaptable, as a 3w4 myself I can confirm.
    Lay - now that I think about it... yes, convincing. A very outspaced person but he does have grit when provoked (Se suggestive). Enneagram is on point.
    SEI - more thoughts on that? What type would you assign to Jimin (I'm so desperate my bias is a typological enigma)? Si for perfect control of their bodies, sensuality, that would be my interpretation. Merry quadra for sure, no discussion.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

To be honest I'm quite new to BTS in terms of knowing the as people. I'm a sucker for anything with a good storyline and symbology, so naturally I became obsessed with their HYYH trilogy and spent countless hours watching and dissecting it I never intended to become a real fan because God knows how much EXO, WINNER and iKON (whom I tried really hard to resist too) were already messing with my thoughts. But I made the mistake of watching the first episode of American Hustle Life (which so far somehow manages to be better than Hitmaker Season 1)...and with the Wings short films releases I just waved the white flag

Jimin seems to me to have the easiest, lest conflicted personality of all seven. He's a clear SEE to me, compare him to Jin and you can see why I say he's not a SEI. I don't think he's a sx like most SEE idols are, which is why he's intensity and sexiness (I know that's not all sx instinct is about, but in his case I see people mentioning this "sexy" vibes a lot) off stage is only incidental. He's not a DUracell Bunny SEE like Jackson or BOBBY, but neither is Joy or Nayeon.
    Once you Jim-in, you can't Jim-out. Your Ni-seeking is showing girrrll
    And AHL was such a cringeworthily good show oh my. Well with Namjoon's IEI philosophy behind all BTS matters it's no surprise you got overwhelmed. Who are your biases out of these bands? Lmao they are messing with me since 2013 but it's so worth it. Idk Kpop is the best source for Sx/Sp satisfaction, you get so much intense material and art. <3

Jimin is conflicted in an enneagram 3 type of way, he struggles with his image a lot. Clear in what way? The way he gets on well with Suga gives it away but I'm still unsure. Duracell is the right word for Jackson and Bobby, they are DEFINITELY Sx/So.
    I typed the hell out of Jimin's instinct on my 16types blog here.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I haven't finished the show, I'm watching a bunch of BTS things at the same time really, the Bangtan Bombs are killing me, but nothing tops their own reaction to Blood Sweat & Tears. The thirst was real!

Clear as in is all in his face, all the time? Jimim wears his heart not on his sleeve, but on his forehead for the whole world to see, his worse than Taehyun. I feel like you must be in the same pitfall I was: complicating a simple typing because of the contradictions. Yes, I love you blog, I've read every post
    Some of their stuff is blocked in Germany so I can't watch it but I do love the bombs as well. I saw some gifs for the BST reaction and all I remember is: "J-HOOOOOOOPEEEE!!"

Ah, now I get it. Despite him living a lie (see what I did there) he's fairly expressive, if not the most expressive member as you say. Definitely 4D Fe, so SEE is a good typing.

Yes, contradictions and confusing subtitles.

Ohhh Thank you! Every post omg I feel honored That's why you're so sure of your instinct typing, I see you!

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Actually it was Jimin who said that but Namjoon, J-Hope and and Jin went batshit crazy over Jimin throughout the whole thing . Namjoon's moans It was funny and very...informative.

That's what I think, him and Taehyun have to carry the heavy weight of stigma (see, I can play too). That's why they're even more joined at the hip this comeback than ever.

Your blog is not only full of good content as it is beautiful, I love your aesthetic sense. I prefer using gifs than pictures too, people in motion are much more alive.
    Their chemistry is A+ Bring the ships!

Stigma as in pressure from the fans I think, nothing impacts them more.

I try to be Si as good as I can ;3 Gifs are so perfect, you are right about the motion. That's more of a Se thing so it fits!

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Wait wait, what? Sehun is a Logical type? Come again?

Why not include the subtypes?
    Which type would you suggest for him? I'd type him as ethical creative.

We need to get the types right first, subtypes later

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Why? That's precisely what I've asked albeit not this directly.

All the typings are correct except for Sehun's but yes, I'll wait until his gets settled to post the list.
    Apologies, took a little longer here Ok, Sehun as Fe polr for the way he refrains to tune into the atmosphere. It reminded me of Suga and Leo, no emotional resonance, resulting in an almost aristocratic demeanor.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Really:

Sehun's sassy and a little shit, but he's shy and huge softie inside, much more than Suho or Chanyeol, for example. When he doesn't talk, it's because he's either not interested in the subject or unsure. I won't say more least I spoil his leading function.

Was a that all in terms of reasons for typing him ILI?
    Yah, the softie part made me think Fi in the first place. Ip > Ij, he is lax (although he portrays the opposite in public, his Vivi broadcasts made me think otherwise.) The Ni I'm seeking might as well be the demonstrative but let's see what you have to say

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

This is Oh Sehun to me:

I bolded what you saw and mistook for Logical and Fe PoLR.
    Ok, where do you see Se polr?

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Very Sehun.

He's also a lousy dancer, the only reason he ain't worse it's because his body lines and posture are great. He literally looks great dancing, but the techniques itself... Has zero stage or camera presence too.

Now I know you don't need to be ego to dance great, but he reminds me of early Taeyang but with less technical skills. Back then Tae wasn't even able to look at the camera or the audience, he was so overwhelmed by the Se he would dance looking at the floor while looking constipated. There's a video with an American dance couple who went to Seoul to teach YG artists that sows that in detail. It's an EEI thing, it seems. Jinwoo is the same.
    Ahhh I dig dancing style analysis hnghgnghn great I didn't even think about it but yes, dancing on point is Beta territory (Se control, Ti technicality, Fe expression, Ni timing). Sehun has none of that - Delta. Also, generally there seems to be a tighter relational bond with Suho who's also Delta, their vibes match.

Taeyang still looks like that, he expresses just himself - but not beyond that. Extrotim dancers have a larger "sphere" as I call it, you don't have to get too close to see what's going on. Idk I use my beloved Ji as an example:

His movements are far from correct, esp arms are sloppy, he confused a move once, but there's a huge presence. Completely extra, magnetic. Fills the space that he occupies. The strut, the timing, Ni & Se. Also, completely in sync with what the track conveys, Fe - doesn't break character, even at the back. Incredibly "seductive".

Sehun... uh. Does not stay in character (Fe,Se), not riding the beat (Ni), no coherence with all these turns, the hat, overall style adherence (Ti). There are also bounces and pauses where there should be none, he incorporates own things that break the flow. 100% not seductive, even with all the hip thrusting and spinning. GD generates seduction through intense focus, taking his time to get attention (here I am, watch me go ) without even using overly suggestive body talk. He does it with facial expressions alone. Sehun - no facial mimicry available. His tallness is no excuse; when you're tall as a dancer you need a better grip on everything but it works it you stay more centered

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I meant to write "don't have to be Se Ego", but I forgot to type that part. But you got it anyway

But he was legit bad at performing solo before, from this (the first minute and then from 5:30 onwards):

to these great performances here:

You know what's interesting? You say Jimin took GD's #1 spot on your list, yet you use GD as an example of a great performer every time

Kai is tall too, and has no Fe and well:

So "not breaking character" is Fe...and Ni, because "long term vision"=concept. I HATE when they break character. Many find it cute, but I don't don't. BOBBY needs some Fe

It's interesting, this Fi vs Fe in dance thing. Like, Fi is supposedly about authenticity and identity, but Lay has none to speak of (SEI) and Momo was eliminated from TWICE once because of the very same thing, and she's also SEI! And then we have iKON's best dancer in Hanbin, yet another SEI
    His singing has been on point since the beginning instead

Me praising GD as an example is important since he was my first bias ~<3 I wouldn't disrespect him since he paved the way for everyone else (including Jimin, both are acutely similar - no GD, no Jimin).

Hm? Now you confuse me. I thought you had typed Kai SEI, Lay ESI, Hanbin ESI

Breaking character is also a Ti thing. Ti is the concept, Fe + Ni is the execution of it. Fe gives the energy, Ni the time frame. Delta dancers are more like, Te for efficiency, Si for the physical enjoyment, Fi for the conforming (don't know how else to put it, I think you get what I mean), Ne for inventing.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Really? Well, let's stick to dancing then.
    I can't believe you have this seniority thing going on. Seriously, it's fascinating to me But objectively speaking, who's better to you?
    *twerking

Objectively speaking... none of them, J. Jungshook is the man!!

Ok, so I went back and you're right, I did write SEI for both Kai, Lay and Kris.

Let me explain the reason for my epic fail: since the beginning I have this issue with writing and reading SEI when it should be ESI, it happens all the fucking time I'll be reading a SEI article and be all like "WTF, this doesn't sound like ESI at all!" and then I'll look at the type's name again and sure enough, it's SEI I can only make sense of it by assuming my brain still hasn't divorced itself from MBTI completely, so when I think ESI I see ISFp=SEI. I apologize to anyone who might have been reading the thread. All three are ESI, not SEI.

The correct list:

Baekhyun> SEE-Fi 3w2
    Kyungsoo> LSI-Ti 1w9
    Chanyeol> EIE-Fe 8w7
    Kai> ESI-Fi 5w4
    Suho> SLI-Ti 2w3
    Sehun> EII-Fi 6w5
    Chen> ILE-Ne 9w8
    Kris> ESI-Se 8w7
    Tao> ESI-SE 4w3
    Xiumin> SLI-Si 1w9
    Lu Han> EIE-Fe 6w7
    Lay> ESI-Fi 1w9

Please, forgive my past mistakes, I'll do better:

Hmm, interesting...

Yes, Taehyun's antics on stage annoy me, though I know many love him precisely because of it. Shows how we value different things.
    Cool!! Lmao we need such a list for BTS as well No worries, I still love you ~<3
    You meant SLI-Te for Suho, right?

True, but the thing is, dance can be interpreted in so many ways that it's fun.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Lu Han's new release

Very

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    Kris> ESI-Se 8w7
    I agree with Se-ESI but my impression of him is more of 3w4.

Anyway, I happened to come across his latest song and thought the video is so Ni/Se.

A fox who wants to play, that's me PrettySavage's Avatar
    TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eunice View Post
    I agree with Se-ESI but my impression of him is more of 3w4.

Anyway, I happened to come across his latest song and thought the video is so Ni/Se.

Yeah I think he's a core 3, but with 8 as a secondary. I'd say 3w4-8w7-5w4 Sx/Sp.

He does much better when his material is heavier in than .

Compare this:

to this:

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I retyped him as a six recently, SX/SP yes definitely!