Thread: Enneagram types 6 and 9

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Enneagram types 6 and 9

I've been into Enneagram for nearly a decade but some things are really not easy on that system.

I have been questioning myself about being a 6 or a 9. A 1 would be much more of a responsible and especially non-lazy active person, which I am not, although I enjoy sports and almost any physical activity. But I really do not enjoy things such as studying in college and getting out of bed early, or getting out of bed at all, and out of home, if not for a good reason (such as a sport activity, a trip to countryside away from the city, meeting some nice girl).

My reaction to others has been most of the time paranoid, in the way that I think that nearly anyone who's a stranger is trying to f--k me in some way. This gets clear in group settings if I don't feel good vibes from certain people, I always end up passive-aggressive with them. But usually the other ones are ok to me and I have no problem about thinking they're against me in any way after they've approached me friendly. I'm not talking about this forum because I don't consider internet interaction to be sufficient to be called a real interaction unless there is a resonance between the two people for good or bad and constant contact on a one-on-one basis.

Anyway I'm having some trouble deciding my Enneagram type, for many years I was convinced I was an E1 but then E6 and E9 seemed to make more sense, especially because I am lazy and I like to be lazy - I have to force myself, against my body, to do most stuff I need to do.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

are there any other reasons you think you are a 9 besides being lazy? i don't really know you but based on what i've seen i can't imagine you as a 9. why are you lazy? whats the motivation behind the behavior? if you've been studying enneagram for a decade then you probably know you should be focusing deeper.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by laghlagh View Post
    are there any other reasons you think you are a 9 besides being lazy? i don't really know you but based on what i've seen i can't imagine you as a 9. why are you lazy? whats the motivation behind the behavior? if you've been studying enneagram for a decade then you probably know you should be focusing deeper.
    laghlagh, my dear germanic lady. thanks for your reply.

The other reasons I think I might be E9 are that I'm not assertive. I'm either commandingly aggressive or passive-aggressive when I have to affirm myself in a tense demanding setting like college or work. Other than that, I live a lot in my head (I like daydreaming, a lot). I often wake up full of energy and with a positive mind and all sorts of good things that can happen pop up in my head. But through the day I just dismiss it all as optimistic fantasy. This is why I am lazy basically - nothing's going to go right, and even if it's going to go right, it's not work trading my peace and comfort for that, unless it's love or music. I also enjoy music too much, and I see the same in many E9s, and this is in the literature abt E9s.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

you seem way more comfortable drawing attention to yourself, unapolagetically (sp?) expressing controversial views, and making yourself open to criticism and conflict than i would expect from a 9.

what makes you think i'm germanic?

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An ESTj 9 just sounds bizarre to me. 8s and 1s are much better gut-triad ESTjs imo, but 9s tend to be much more introverted than not (except for the off-hand ENXp). E9 really doesn't work with any Ej from what I can tell.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you seem way more comfortable drawing attention to yourself, unapolagetically (sp?) expressing controversial views, and making yourself open to criticism and conflict than i would expect from a 9.

what makes you think i'm germanic?
    I think 6 fits me better. You're probably germanic because you were born in Germany or am I wrong?

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You don't look particuarly germanic, Air. You have very dark hair. Where are you from? What is your ancestry?
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i was born in germany, but i'm half libyan and half israeli.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I don't know, here you are Obersturmführer, the epitome of rationality having trouble pinpointing your own quadra not to mention E-type after studying it in some isolated barn with rest of donkeys for a decade. Really, this does sound like LSE to me and yea, you're E9.

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker View Post
    You don't look particuarly germanic, Air. You have very dark hair. Where are you from? What is your ancestry?
    I think I'm going to answer in the name of Obersturmführer here Slacker, he's shy. He was born in a barn and is donkey nationality.

i was born in germany, but i'm half libyan and half israeli.
    Hahaha! Now this is my kind of quadra and folk I would jump into fire for.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never said I was germanic. Why do you care about my ancestry? It´s half french and half portuguese. And I'm proud of this, I like germanic beauty but they are as a group totally ISTJ, they're narrow-minded, they think they know a lot but know nothing, never built any great civilization like Greece or Rome. The best the germanics could build was, well is, the scandinavian countries.

Now compare this to the dark-haired Roman Empire. ****** himself was pissed off by that and tried hard to find proofs of an ancient great germanic past which never existed, then he turned to Rome and admired it and modelled the future Berlin totally as a greek and roman city, which would ironically be called 'Germania', which means '[land] of the germans' in Latin, the Roman language, and is not a germanic name. He sent Himmler to every possible corner of the Earth and could not find any trace of germanic civilization before the Romans lol.

Nevertheless yes I admire the germanic beauty. They're good looking women.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Air View Post
    I never said I was germanic. Why do you care about my ancestry? It´s half french and half portuguese. And I'm proud of this, I like germanic beauty but they are as a group totally ISTJ, they're narrow-minded, they think they know a lot but know nothing, never built any great civilization like Greece or Rome. The best the germanics could build was, well is, the scandinavian countries.

Now compare this to the dark-haired Roman Empire. ****** himself was pissed off by that and tried hard to find proofs of an ancient great germanic past which never existed, then he turned to Rome and admired it and modelled the future Berlin totally as a greek and roman city, which would ironically be called 'Germania', which means '[land] of the germans' in Latin, the Roman language, and is not a germanic name. He sent Himmler to every possible corner of the Earth and could not find any trace of germanic civilization before the Romans lol.

Nevertheless yes I admire the germanic beauty. They're good looking women.
    It's possible germanic womenm wouldn't want to mix with you.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

lmfao

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol. stop bothering me, Mariella. go back to your life.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Air View Post
    lol. stop bothering me, Mariella. go back to your life.
    Shut up Maritsa or I'm going to sell your kidneys.