Thread: General question: What characterizes the quadras?

Banned
    TIM
    f a g g o t
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default General question: What characterizes the quadras?

I like how Socionics now separates types into quadras instead of that "SP-SJ-NF-NT" bullfuck they did back in the MBTI days when Keirsey started pouring in and drowning the whole joint in fuck.

So, to the main question: What characterizes the quadras in general?

The impression I'm getting is that Betans are reactive, ridiculously aggressive caricatures from Greek mythology, Gammas are scary cold hardasses with a focus on efficiency, Deltans are cloudy, drowned-out alien types with a worldview that feels like looking through a foggy glass, and Alphas are the weird nerdy but also entertaining types that no one really likes or notices but no one can ever really hate either. Now scream in my ear for five straight hours on how that's wrong and I need to be guillotined for my vile blasphemy.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Regicides View Post
    I like how Socionics now separates types into quadras instead of that "SP-SJ-NF-NT" bullfuck they did back in the MBTI days when Keirsey started pouring in and drowning the whole joint in fuck.

So, to the main question: What characterizes the quadras in general?

The impression I'm getting is that Betans are reactive, ridiculously aggressive caricatures from Greek mythology, Gammas are scary cold hardasses with a focus on efficiency, Deltans are cloudy, drowned-out alien types with a worldview that feels like looking through a foggy glass, and Alphas are the weird nerdy but also entertaining types that no one really likes or notices but no one can ever really hate either. Now scream in my ear for five straight hours on how that's wrong and I need to be guillotined for my vile blasphemy.
    Meh, I don't know, switch delta and alpha and you've got it roughly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alfa - puerility
    Betta - dramatization
    Gamma - profitableness
    Delta - stability

Banned
    TIM
    f a g g o t
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    This is not wrong, but each quadra has many more than just one pathology. E.g. Deltas can be fuzzy hippies, but they can also be friggin' boring common bourgeois. In my country (Netherlands) most deltas are so darn plain and middle-of-the-road that it hurts your eyes. Still they are Deltas, and quite different from those plain, middle-of-the-road Betas, who also hurt your eyes.
    Fucking hipster swine.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alpha is a pleasant summer evening garden party where everyone pretends that Auntie Em didn't just call Uncle Sam a [redacted].
    Beta is a football match where everyone shouts themselves hoarse and slaps each other's backs. If you're new there, they'll try to get you drunk.
    Gamma is three people with clipboards talking about how to make the world a better place. Plans to achieve work domination are either dismissed as too inefficient, or joked about, or both.
    Delta is a bunch of people renovating a house. It's unclear whether they're working together or not, or indeed whether they're working or having a party. What is clear is that there is frequent talk of the spiritual significance of drywall and its uses in promoting personal growth.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking for an Archnemesis. Willing applicants contact via PM.

ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

johari nohari
    http://www.mypersonality.info/ssmall/

TIM
    Under Research
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by schrödinger's cat View Post
    Alpha is a pleasant summer evening garden party where everyone pretends that Auntie Em didn't just call Uncle Sam a [redacted].
    Beta is a football match where everyone shouts themselves hoarse and slaps each other's backs. If you're new there, they'll try to get you drunk.
    Gamma is three people with clipboards talking about how to make the world a better place. Plans to achieve work domination are either dismissed as too inefficient, or joked about, or both.
    Delta is a bunch of people renovating a house. It's unclear whether they're working together or not, or indeed whether they're working or having a party. What is clear is that there is frequent talk of the spiritual significance of drywall and its uses in promoting personal growth.
    I like this description a lot. It's a refreshing turn from the usual "bullet-point-list-of-how-you-behave".
    Problem is, is scaring me off from my Alpha-Quadra self-typing. For some reason, I can hardly be found in pleasant summer parties. xD

[Constructive opinions on the thread will be posted when the Author actually has any useful one(s)]

- Erl
    Socionics Types: ILE-Ti / ENTp (Alternatives: IEE - LII - ILI)
    MBTI: ? (Possibilities: INTP, INFP, ENFP, INFJ)
    Enneatype: ?w? sx (Possibilities: 4w3, 4w5. 5w6, 2w1)
    Big Five: ?
    Social Style: Expressive (Main) / Analytical (Secondary)

"I love my NE. I'm not sure 'bout anything in this world, but if there's one thing I'd bet on, is NE.
    NE is not for the faint of heart: makes you scattered, makes your mind wander around, makes you curious and wander-lusting. Makes you want to begin everything all over again, just 'cause it might plan out in a totally way.
    Embrace your NE, and it will open up a thousand worlds for ya."

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh dear no, we can't have that. What about..."Alpha is a party where people discuss existentialism over really good food, then get high together"---? Would that work?

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Ssmall View Post
    This is my biggest sin.

Beta quadra types are inclined to attribute to a new acquaintance traits that they have previously observed in other individuals belonging to the same group as they see the new acquaintance as belonging to (Aristocracy).
    I have to be careful when doing it because some people don't like it.

Not only that, almost everybody I know has been linked to someone in a book, movie, historical figure or in other works of art.

Edit: AND a lot of people here I consider counterparts to people I have met in previous groups/forums I was in. It is like being in a loop meeting the same people over and over in different bodies.
    Last edited by Aylen; 10-13-2014 at 09:07 PM.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    ?IEE-H?
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Deltas are efficient too, just not the way you want them to be :/

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alphas make themselves happy
    Betas rule the Jungle
    Gammas game the system
    Deltas vote Republican
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.