View Poll Results: type of Viggo Mortensen?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • ILE (ENTp)

0 0%
  • SEI (ISFp)

0 0%
  • ESE (ESFj)

0 0%
  • LII (INTj)

1 33.33%
  • SLE (ESTp)

0 0%
  • IEI (INFp)

0 0%
  • EIE (ENFj)

0 0%
  • LSI (ISTj)

2 66.67%
  • SEE (ESFp)

0 0%
  • ILI (INTp)

0 0%
  • LIE (ENTj)

0 0%
  • ESI (ISFj)

0 0%
  • IEE (ENFp)

0 0%
  • SLI (ISTp)

0 0%
  • LSE (ESTj)

0 0%
  • EII (INFj)

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Viggo Mortensen

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Viggo Mortensen

I'm leaning some Ni-EJ, maybe LIE. I think there's a valid comparison to Daniel Craig, though Mortensen feels somewhat...softer.

Last edited by silke; 01-30-2018 at 05:42 AM. Reason: updated links
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He and Crispin Glover are the same person.

Ne-INTj.

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sexy

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

duno, but i don't see INTj-Ne.
    Last edited by crazedrat; 01-04-2010 at 04:52 AM.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    Yes I agree haha. I remember when everyone was going mad over Legolas in LotR, and I was like fools, it's Aragorn all the way.
    Legolas is a pansy, Aragorn is a real man.

Quote Originally Posted by crazedratXII View Post
    duno, but i don't see INTj-Ne.
    He certainly has the IJ lethargy, and I don't get much Fi or Se from him.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From some research he seems like a clear-cut SLI.

Enjoys mainly solitary hands-on activities; he states he doesn't plan out his life, that's he's an adaptable person, that's an irrational outlook; rationals seek consistency and predictability in their lives.
    Another thing, on the TT DVD interviews the swordsman who trained him said he was the best swordsman that he ever trained and he also does his own stunts, this guy is good at Se/Si
    At one point he ended-up breaking his toes in a scene but continued filming, the heck if an Se PoLR would do that, we'd be hoping on one foot trying not to cry (admit it!)
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marie84 View Post

Enjoys mainly solitary hands-on activities; he states he doesn't plan out his life, that's he's an adaptable person, that's an irrational outlook; rationals seek consistency and predictability in their lives.
    Another thing, on the TT DVD interviews the swordsman who trained him said he was the best swordsman that he ever trained and he also does his own stunts, this guy is good at Se/Si
    At one point he ended-up breaking his toes in a scene but continued filming, the heck if an Se PoLR would do that, we'd be hoping on one foot trying not to cry (admit it!)
    That was my initial typing of him, a while ago, just based on his flat, unemotional tone of voice, and his soft, withdrawn-but-physical body language. He reminds me of my SLI brother in those things. His interviews where he talks about his movies were a bit confusing though, because he's always going on about things that seem big-picture oriented. But perhaps that's just me underestimating SLIs.

Also, Actorspeak is very Beta NF. After spending time in Hollywood, all actors start using the same language to talk about making movies. That may be throwing me off, as well.
    Quaero Veritas.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that's a pretty simplistic approach to call its results anything like "clear-cut."

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krig the Viking View Post
    Also, Actorspeak is very Beta NF. After spending time in Hollywood, all actors start using the same language to talk about making movies. That may be throwing me off, as well.
    I've noticed this as well. I guess people tend to adapt to using a certain lingo, especially when exposed to it constantly

"Acting" itself is primarily NF, it's all about understanding people and emotions, just like someone who works in a scientific field would have to adapt to NT concepts
    EII INFj

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    I think that's a pretty simplistic approach to call its results anything like "clear-cut."
    I'm not disagreeing, it was just a summary of what I've found on him in the past, though I don't really feel like digging-up a bunch of interviews and info now, but it's there if anyone cares enough to search for it
    Anyone is free to use that info to make an argument against SLI too, but that's just my own finding thus far
    EII INFj

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

VIs as EJ, definitely. Club information is rather confusing, though, so I don't know about the middle letters. I'd probably exclude ESFj.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dennis Hopper, Ni-EIE, merits some comparison here too, I think:

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Dennis Hopper, Ni-EIE, merits some comparison here too, I think:
    Rick has him down as an SLE, which is slightly more likely than EIE but I don't know enough about him outside of seeing a few interviews. Nonetheless, he is far more energetic and emotive than Viggo is, constantly gesticulating and shifting around, I don't really see a lot of resemblance in their mannerisms or energy...

EII INFj

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my suspicion is INFj-Fi

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my suspicion is INFj-Fi
    Where's the Se PoLR?
    EII INFj

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i don't consider him kicking a helmet and breaking his toe, then continuing to act as aragorn, strong evidence against Se polr. as mimosa mentioned, he is quite stiff. there's your evidence.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i don't consider him kicking a helmet and breaking his toe, then continuing to act as aragorn, strong evidence against Se polr. as mimosa mentioned,
    It shows an ability to know how to react to ones environment for pragmatic purposes.
    There's a reason why ST's do well in the armed forces, as they know how to react to their surroundings and deal with their sensations tactfully

he is quite stiff. there's your evidence.
    Yah, stiff=EII, no need to do further research
    EII INFj

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He primarily uses and ...I think LIE makes sense. If not, maybe EII.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow. The one with John Stewart cements him as Fi/Te. EII-Fi seems like a good bet.

Under cerulean skies...

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It shows an ability to know how to react to ones environment for pragmatic purposes.
    There's a reason why ST's do well in the armed forces, as they know how to react to their surroundings and deal with their sensations tactfully
    no, it doesn't show anything.
    Yah, stiff=EII, no need to do further research
    you're a dumbass.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hot hot hot. Dennis Hopper too.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you're a dumbass.
    Te PoLR arguments ftw!
    EII INFj

context is king
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate one line typings, but:

SLI with the mild possibility of LSE.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

ISTJ
    Last edited by Sol; 12-11-2011 at 10:29 AM.

Creepy-Cyclops

I think I remember watching one of the LOTR documentaries on the DVD extra disc and the cast were talking about him by saying that he's very vigourous off camera. Apparently his trademark way of saying hello to someone is headbutting them (no joke). Dunno if that's quite something I expect from an Si dominant to be as a normal mode.

Although perhaps not the best source site, I did a quick google search which brought up this:

Elijah Wood describes this as "spontaneous, violent love." Apparently Viggo Mortensen and some stunt men enjoyed greeting co-workers by 'head-butting' each other. One night he convinced stunt man Sala Baker to head-butt Orlando Bloom, who jokingly swears he saw 'white light', after their heads smashed together. A bright red mark on Bloom's forehead was not appreciated by the make-up artist the next day. Mortensen was amused because Bloom had the "perfect, pale Elven complexion." Appendices, Extended DVD.
    The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers movie trivia

Headbutting folk and lol-ing at someone with a bright red mark on their forehead the next day after a headbut sounds bizarre ISTp behaviour.

He does look a bit ISTp though in ways, maybe it's just the way he is or maybe he really is some Se valueing type - if he's S, sounds like he interacts with his environment by seeing it's potential for change, and causing it, more kinetic next to the more passive Si mode of interaction with the environment.

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    I think I remember watching one of the LOTR documentaries on the DVD extra disc and the cast were talking about him by saying that he's very vigourous off camera. Apparently his trademark way of saying hello to someone is headbutting them (no joke). Dunno if that's quite something I expect from an Si dominant to be as a normal mode.

Although perhaps not the best source site, I did a quick google search which brought up this:

The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers movie trivia

Headbutting folk and lol-ing at someone with a bright red mark on their forehead the next day after a headbut sounds bizarre ISTp behaviour.

He does look a bit ISTp though in ways, maybe it's just the way he is or maybe he really is some Se valueing type - if he's S, sounds like he interacts with his environment by seeing it's potential for change, and causing it, more kinetic next to the more passive Si mode of interaction with the environment.
    lmao! i love him now.

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Creepy-male

I've noticed this as well. I guess people tend to adapt to using a certain lingo, especially when exposed to it constantly

"Acting" itself is primarily NF, it's all about understanding people and emotions, just like someone who works in a scientific field would have to adapt to NT concepts
    Lol I like this line of thinking, and I've always thought both what you said here about science and acting.

I don't have any niche in on acting but in science its alot of NT themes and even though not everyone who "does" science is an NT it seems to me that certain types are intrigued by science in some ways because its "NT stuff".

For example I know this one physics major who wants to be a teacher and she is definitally an ethical type, dominant so instinct, never bothered rigorously typing her but she isn't an NT, yet she loves her major, and said quote "I want to be a science person". At first it seems counter-intuitive, but alot of types are attracted to things that are outside their sphere, like taking a vacation to get a taste of another culture. I'd also be curious if this has anything to do with tcaudilligs ideas concerning his dash notation; like LII-SLE (an LII with interest in SLE things).

Also what do you think a pilot is like? You know in analogous terms to NT for science and NF for acting... I think alot of pilot lingo and culture is ST. Thats just me, I'm curious because my dad's a pilot and I've taken lessons up to getting my private pilots certificate and theres a definite culture around pilots.

Really this line of thinking is so fascinating I'd be interested in exploring it more and playing out tons of typings for "spheres of activity".

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HaveLucidDreamz View Post
    Also what do you think a pilot is like? You know in analogous terms to NT for science and NF for acting... I think alot of pilot lingo and culture is ST. Thats just me, I'm curious because my dad's a pilot and I've taken lessons up to getting my private pilots certificate and theres a definite culture around pilots.
    Definitely ST. Probably more Delta ST, in particular -- pilots tend to maintain a calm, emotionless demeanour that strikes me as suppressed Fe.
    Quaero Veritas.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep, Pilot=ST. Hands-on, sensory focused/attuned, tactical, real time.
    Generally anything mechanical is associated with pragmatism....

I do agree that types have a tendency to be drawn to certain careers/fields, if only because they're just more inclined to be good at them, but that certainly doesn't mean they will be good at them or other types won't.
    Although I would imagine that types who don't possess the strong IE's associated with their fields often have to work harder to be good at what they do...
    EII INFj

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESI?

He remind me of Inter's capitano Javier Zanetti.

Zanetti's qualities have earned him respect on and off the field. He is sometimes criticised for being too soft-spoken on the pitch, but he makes up for this by being one of Inter's most consistent, reliable, and trusted players.
    Zanetti, along with his compatriot and current teammate at Inter Esteban Cambiasso, founded this charity association to help coach young children with social isolation problems and motor coordination difficulties. Zanetti said that "this spirit lies at the base of all of Inter's initiatives for youngsters:" "There must always be values at the heart of sport, and this is what we have to teach children."
    Zanetti has also proven that he has a highly developed social conscience. In response to Argentina's economic crisis of 2001, which threw millions of people into poverty, Zanetti, with his wife Paula, created the Fundación PUPI (PUPI foundation) in Argentina for the social integration of poor children. The aim of the organization is to help children who were left impoverished by the country's economic crisis by giving them educational opportunities, as well as taking care of their nutritional requirements.

"When I look back to my childhood, many concrete scenes come to my mind, good ones and bad ones. I had a difficult childhood, and even though I don't live in my country at present, I'm well aware of what's going on there and the devastating effect it's having on our poorest children. I've always believed that our public actions need to take account of our social responsibility,"

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't expect him to be so incredibly boring as he was in that Time video interview posted earlier in the thread.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the SLI suggestion. I think he seems pretty Si for the most part.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    He and Crispin Glover are the same person.

Ne-INTj.
    Agreed. He's also a clone of two INTjs I know

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLIs are my conflictor. SLIs are mean old dirty contractors, factory foremen, my brother is one. He would never recognize the correct mood for any occasion. He would never visit Sheehan; he would never have a business deal in a park, all of that is pure creative Se with suggestive Fe.

LSIs are my dual, I truly enjoy his antics - he sounds like my other half. I could really have fun with him, but not an SLI. An SLI would hurry to an interview, see the interview as stressful, think the reporter was a strange and intimidating nutcase, would think that people should go home from the war protest because everybody is crazy. He is like the hangover dude (Zach something or other.) An SLI would also think in terms of exploitation. This would mean he would TRY to typecast himself. He would think everything he does is a big rip off and he would be secretly laughing at you. He would try to be a flash in the pan. I think that the hairy faced dude in Hangover is a better picture of an SLI. He wants to rip off his own act again and again to sell it to the suckers. Viggo reinvents himself with each movie. Viggo is a technical actor. The hangover dude is seeking the rapid exploitation of fame. SLIs think in terms of exploitation. (PoLR Fe + Creative Te = exploitation = Zach Galifianakis from Hangover) PoLR Ne + Creative Se = methodological acting = Viggo!)

The Si you see is Viggo's Demonstrative Function. The Se you see is Viggo's Creative Function. He has both feeling functions (Fi role and Fe suggestive) This means the expressing Fe should be soothing to him. He is happy to meet new people, like Sheehan or reporters or whatnot. Zach would want to say something rude to them. (Zach's suggestive Ne would turn his PoLR Fe into jokes at the other person's expense.)

I do not get along with SLIs because they act like Zach, I love types like Viggo.

SLI = PoLR Fe + suggestive Ne = jokes at others expense! PoLR Fe + creative Te = an interest in rapid exploitation of fame! YES they are my conflictor! I lived with one!
    LSI = PoLR Ne + suggestive Fe = an interest in other people, but he might be boring due to little skill at improvisational speaking. PoLR Ne + creative Se = method acting.

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I work as a security guard for Henry Block, founder of H&R Block tax service. In 1997 he had over 2 billion dollars. Anyway, I see him all the time and Viggo seems like a very energetic and very creative / artisitc version of Mr. Block.

I see Mr. Block all the time. He is totally my image of an 80 year old LSI. He is too old to use much of the judicious/decisiveness, as we all slow down. He is pure structure and logic. When you watch this film of him, remember he is 80! I think Viggo will be like that at 80.

I think this could be a time to pull out the DCNH subtype system. Henry Block is the "archtypical" LSI. Thus he is the D subtype.But viggo resembles his quasi-identical, which would make him the H subtype, for "Harmonizing."
    Last edited by Saberstorm; 12-07-2011 at 12:34 AM.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honk-shu.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Viggo Mortensen: Si-ISTp?
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He strikes me as delta st. Much based on Aragorn being my ultimate crush in Elementary School.

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Agarina View Post
    He strikes me as delta st. Much based on Aragorn being my ultimate crush in Elementary School.
    Don't trust her, she's not like that. Agarina is incapable of that sort of affection... It's a true story.

Frigid.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Don't trust her, she's not like that. Agarina is incapable of that sort of affection... It's a true story.

Frigid.
    Nice defence there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast