Thread: Meditation

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Meditation

Remind me to make this topic a blog post too....

So as I'm getting deeper in meditation, I will start to feel my own ego, in my brain- and feel it vanish. It really does shrink on itself. It's definitely an 'illusion' like what the spiritualists say. However it's more complicated than this. For example I can completely deplete my ego, but then in three seconds it will come back and be even stronger this time. It's just like in the book Undoing Yourself said, the ego is very , very strong and it might be psychologically impossible to totally do away with it, but I want to try. As the deeper part of me is so strong and can conquer anything, I need to tap more and more into that.

I care about nothing else. Diana Lang said, that 'if we didn't have an ego we wouldn't go after things.' But so what? What is there to go after? There is only becoming and allowing. There is only pure simple truths. There is nothing to 'go after' I am disappointed in her, as I trusted her with the meditation CD. However I realize, like Miley Cyrus, she's another pure demon who just likes to roll naked in money like everybody else, and doesn't care about totally ridding themselves of their psychological weaknesses to become fully enlightened and reach Nirvana.

I understand I have no friends in this, but you have to be prepared to be very unpopular if you're gonna take on a task of this caliber. I also need to study other meditation practices, although I don't know where to look.

I am of the firm belief however, that ego is your worst enemy, and nothing is more dangerous than the ego and 'mental chatter' and believing all your thoughts that pop up. No matter what they are. And sorry Diana (ms. lang not forum diana) but I disagree with you, when you say ego is harmless and has to be balanced as it was your ego itself that told you to write that as its own defense mechanism, stupid pure demon bitch. I sensed deeply that you were full of shit when you wrote that, even though- there are other stuff in your book that's good. =)

Come on girls. Let's fuck up those egos. Do you really want the first evil to win?

Creepy-female

Can you outline the steps of meditation here please, Sam?

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yes, what I do is- I focus on a sound and I just totally concentrate and listen on that sound. I just sense the sound purely, as it is- with no thought process. The thoughts, that kind of 'egoic cloud' starts vanishing. You can use the hum your computer makes, although sounds in nature might be better.

But thoughts, a lot of thoughts come up at first. You weirdly go from feeling inspired, to let down, to thinking of something disturbing that happened to you in the past, to idealizing the future, etc. However, I remember- just to kinda go back to paying attention to my breath, or a noise.

If you do it correctly, you will notice that after awhile you just have more raw physical energy. And your thoughts are more powerful and direct instead of hazy or like a lost little girl trapped in a foggy maze-ish.

It is incredibly freeing to realize that you are not your thoughts. And you can have pure correct non-pure demonic thoughts and be an open channel to divine messages and insights. You will know the difference when they come.

The best experience so far is when I sit down in an open area, like the living room, indian style. Comfortable but alert. And I just....focus on my breath , or a sound- and I dissolve my ego/brain. Paying attention to the energy in your belly as your breathe is also really helpful.

Hope I could help.

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm I'm in a near constant state of meditation then. :-P Wish I could snap out of it sometimes..
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

lol Why would you?

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    lol Why would you?
    Hey it's cool when I'm with my dual. (rhyming intentional) Tangible thought processes with direction would be nice sometimes otherwise. I don't envy you your crazy INFp ones though. :-P
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    Come on girls. Let's fuck up those egos. Do you really want the first evil to win?
    Some quote: Treat the ego the way many Americans treat Osama bin Laden: How pleased they are when his cause is harmed. Think, my ego is trillions of times more harmful than bin Laden.