Thread: For what do you want PRAISE

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default For what do you want PRAISE

What effect do you want to have in the world? As in - what social pressure do you feel? This social pressure that you feel is something that you MUST conform to - like an awkward teenager. But this social pressure is something that you do not understand. But despite that you do not understand it, you feel that pressure... as a result, when you are a success you wish that everybody praised you for abilities in this unknown area of social conformity.

Example, the Robespierre type wants (subconsciously) to be the world’s greatest lover, praised for his ability to make love, his sexual stamina, and desirability. He does not understand love and sex. As a result he spends a great deal of time feeling ugly, awkward, dorky, undesirable. He feels as if he looks funny, even if he is handsome. He wants to be praised for his beauty. So he imagines that his creative Ne will create something incredibly cool like a theory or insight. All the girls will love him now, because he is now a member of the intelligentsia. He will be awesome if he is a member of the intelligentsia. He will so totally get laid if he was really a member of the transnational elite intelligentsia who rules the world as the global overlords. He would not feel dorky anymore if he was the jet set intellectual overlord, teaching at an Ivy League school, meeting the President, addressing the UN, making talk show appearances, with a bestselling book that is required reading for all college sophomores. He is not a dork any more, he gets laid all the time now. He is a member of the intelligentsia – kind of like Leon Trotsky, Ralph Nader, Al Gore...

That is Robespierre's Mobilizing Si. So what is your subconscious insecurity that in a perfect world you would be endlessly praised for? Are you like Trotsky or something else?

For what do you want PRAISE!

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saberstorm View Post
    What effect do you want to have in the world?
    I would want to rule you.

As in - what social pressure do you feel?
    None.

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Absurd has Mobilizing Ne - this gives him a subconscious need to be creative or clever. I think we see it here.

- John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i don't really understand the question because i wouldn't want to be praised for something i feel insecure about because i would think the person was lying..?

but when you say social pressure it reminds me of earlier this morning when i saw leger's thread about news and i was thinking about how i don't really keep up with current events and there's like this fear of being called out because i can't contribute to conversations about it and i'm a dumb brawndo drinking american or whatever. and i talked to leger a little about it in the chatbox and he was totally cool and didn't make me feel like a dumbass and it was a relief. i'm Te mobilizing now.

i can't think of anything else specific. as a general trend in my life i think Te would be the best fitting thing for me re: what you're talking about, really.

u got writing swag saberstorm

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

intelligentsia

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Absurd has Mobilizing Ne - this gives him a subconscious need to be creative or clever. I think we see it here.
    How does it feel(?) reading into things as prophesied? Your life must of been pre-determined by someone already and this someone being me. Embrace your new ruler, Saberstorm.

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am taking this from Reinin's book and his description of the functions: Here is a link to it:

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...ions-by-Reinin

Here is the download for the full length book.

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...-Reinin-s-Book

- John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I am taking this from Reinin's book and his description of the functions: Here is a link to it
    Thank you. Didn't read it though - paste what you're referencing to.

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What effect do you want to have in the world? As in - what social pressure do you feel? This social pressure that you feel is something that you MUST conform to - like an awkward teenager. But this social pressure is something that you do not understand. But despite that you do not understand it, you feel that pressure... as a result, when you are a success you wish that everybody praised you for abilities in this unknown area of social conformity.

Example, the Robespierre type wants (subconsciously) to be the world’s greatest lover, praised for his ability to make love, his sexual stamina, and desirability. He does not understand love and sex. As a result he spends a great deal of time feeling ugly, awkward, dorky, undesirable. He feels as if he looks funny, even if he is handsome. He wants to be praised for his beauty. So he imagines that his creative Ne will create something incredibly cool like a theory or insight. All the girls will love him now, because he is now a member of the intelligentsia. He will be awesome if he is a member of the intelligentsia. He will so totally get laid if he was really a member of the transnational elite intelligentsia who rules the world as the global overlords. He would not feel dorky anymore if he was the jet set intellectual overlord, teaching at an Ivy League school, meeting the President, addressing the UN, making talk show appearances, with a bestselling book that is required reading for all college sophomores. He is not a dork any more, he gets laid all the time now. He is a member of the intelligentsia – kind of like Leon Trotsky, Ralph Nader, Al Gore...

That is Robespierre's Mobilizing Si. So what is your subconscious insecurity that in a perfect world you would be endlessly praised for? Are you like Trotsky or something else?

For what do you want PRAISE!
    This; the greatest lover stuff, as well as the maybe I can become soo smart people will think i'm sexy! However, since women are usually clever enough to actually tell all their lovers they were the best they've ever had i'm also a bit sceptical about it. (sorry to shatter your dreams robespiere ;-) )

and appearing clever

I'd say being smarter(acadamical and or strategically), more manipulative ánd a better lover than others would be a pretty good summery of my driving motivations. I succeed at the first (smarter than most) I think I can be manipulative if scaring/arguing/blackmailing people into accepting my standpoints is considered manipulative. The third point is not something I feel I can comment on, only my former lovers know....

It's not really subconscious though, I'm quite concious of these drives.......maybe not suggestive? (but than, it's three out of four functions)

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reficulris View Post
    This; the greatest lover stuff, as well as the maybe I can become soo smart people will think i'm sexy! However, since women are usually clever enough to actually tell all their lovers they were the best they've ever had i'm also a bit sceptical about it. (sorry to shatter your dreams robespiere ;-) )

and appearing clever

I'd say being smarter(acadamical and or strategically), more manipulative ánd a better lover than others would be a pretty good summery of my driving motivations. I succeed at the first (smarter than most) I think I can be manipulative if scaring/arguing/blackmailing people into accepting my standpoints is considered manipulative. The third point is not something I feel I can comment on, only my former lovers know....

It's not really subconscious though, I'm quite concious of these drives.......maybe not suggestive? (but than, it's three out of four functions)
    But are you insecure about the lover thing? Is it a validation issue (meaning you anticipate criticism but suck up praise on it?) Could it make you vain?

- John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But are you insecure about the lover thing? Is it a validation issue (meaning you anticipate criticism but suck up praise on it?) Could it make you vain?
    Yeah, I'd say it's definately looking for validation. Part of it affirmation of masculinity (I am kinda soft on the inside, when i'm not wearing my sceptic harsh social demeanor) part of it is affirmation of worth (female attention is about the only thing that makes me feel worthy).

Vain...hmmmmmmm, not sure, i'd always suspect that they'd be lying to me, or doubt the signs I picked up and than i'd need a new partner to supply me with new confidence.

Sounds bad when typing it out..

Edit:

I loved the fact that Sartre was about the ugliest philospher ever alive (possiby only topped by socrates) but was also a complete chick-magnet. When I was philosophy student that gave me hope. Than reality set in when I found out most philosophers lead complete sucky lifes and I turned traitor and did some social sciences studies instead ;-)
    Last edited by Reficulris; 09-10-2013 at 10:46 PM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

things I choose to wear that look good on me
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reficulris View Post
    I'd say being smarter(acadamical and or strategically), more manipulative ánd a better lover than others would be a pretty good summery of my driving motivations.
    You must be truly a pleasure to have around.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I have learned to be less praise-reliant. I do like praise from people who rarely praise and often criticize.

This did not answer your question...I like praise for my work, but only if I can trust it because I want it to get confirmation that the work is really good. I do like praise such as "you look beautiful tonight" if it has an emotional component and not just about my appearance, but overall impression or emotional connection.
    Last edited by Kim; 09-11-2013 at 05:31 AM.
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    I almost felt like retaliating, instead I'll explain;

Having certain drives does not necessarily result in actual behaviour. I've found that I can be much more effective trying to at least keep on good terms with people I like or whom are important to me. Yes, if I dislike you I might not add value to your life (I'll probably ignore you or smack you down if you're iritating) but if I like someone they're usually pretty happy having me around.

Also, having a lover that is aware of sexual context, technigues, culture and your preferences is in no way unpleasant, you might not know though.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Lul.

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    Big penis.
    This is universal and so not type related... Even in females, but than it's called "penisenvy"

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    I do like praise from people who rarely praise and often criticize.
    Why do you put a period in your user title? It's grammatically incorrect.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    Why do you put a period in your user title? It's grammatically incorrect.

I reserve the right to bend rules and conventions in favor of individual creative expression. And other things.
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not that fond of evaluations, either positive or negative.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really don't want praise. It's support and acceptance that I desire. What I would really love is for people (mainly the people close to me) not to question the decisions that I make or the things that I do. I would much rather have people shut their mouths and keep their criticism to themselves. I don't want people applying their values to me. It's stupid.

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aubzatuck View Post
    I really don't want praise. It's support and acceptance that I desire. What I would really love is for people (mainly the people close to me) not to question the decisions that I make or the things that I do. I would much rather have people shut their mouths and keep their criticism to themselves. I don't want people applying their values to me. It's stupid.
    luckilly you have this forum as a warm and welcoming place to recieve support and acceptance than!!! ;-)

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I reserve the right to bend rules and conventions in favor of individual creative expression.
    I am the Enneagram type 4 here, remember? You're a proper IEE. So shut up and let me pull your hair. Needless to say, you look beautiful tonight.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I am the Enneagram type 4 here, remember? You're a proper IEE. So shut up and let me pull your hair. Needless to say, you look beautiful tonight.
    This might just be the most perfect post I have ever read on this forum. Elope?

At the very least we should probably get a room.
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This might just be the most perfect post I have ever read on this forum. Elope?
    I don't know what that word means, but my answer is yes.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I don't know what that word means, but my answer is yes.
    Let's do this!
    ― Anais Nin

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

My cream cakes.

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Narc View Post
    My cream cakes.
    not creampies?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aubzatuck View Post
    I agree with this praise sometimes makes me suspicious.

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol—AFAIK the way it worked is that de Beauvoir was the chick magnet, and handed them off to Sartre.
    true that, but he at least was interesting enough to attract Simone and have her seduce chicks for him Seems like a good deal

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jadae16t View Post
    Praise makes me feel gross -- --
    ..-. ..- -.-. -.- / -.-- --- ..- / .--- .- -.. .- .

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remember what the russian dude said in the video?
    If people praise you on your suggestive function, you are happy.
    For you its all about telling you that you love the right things and people.
    You want to give evaluations about your likes and dislikes, but scared that people might not agree.
    Scared that they might not like you afterwards. Because you need an environment where you are loved.
    For your mobilizing its kinda weird in the video, he says that praise and scorn can make you happy or sad..
    I think this function is only usefull when problems arise. People speculate a lot about this pair of functions, polr and ha, but rarely use them.
    I know this guy who is always saying: If he makes trouble, i'll take care of him (physical violence implied) but he never is violent.
    He got a Se polr, Si ha. (He's fat, can't take care of his health by himself)
    Oh, just like you maybe? Sorry, don't want to be mean, but most LII and EII I know aren't really healthy.
    But health is part of their self-estime, so sometimes they take too much care of it, or ignores it until they collapse.