"B: what mentality? helping people?"
    "A: yeah"
    "B: yeah, i can see that
    - i was just going to say that
    - for you it is about the people you love
    - and care about
    - and helping them in a diff way
    - more practically...i guess
    - i think it all stems from you being protective about the people you love...and wanting to stand up for them, etc
    - like i dont think you could so much identify or care for humans in general...it's not so global for you...although deep down there is empathy there, you concentrate that around people you are close to, IMO
    - and you would show this in more physical ways, i think
    - not by trying to understand others and sympathize...but if someone hurts someone you love, you'll be the first to stand up for them
    - or even more physically than that...by helping them with things like moving or figure out what's wrong with their computer or things like that
    - i also think you need a lot of validation and support from the people you love...this means the world to you (we've talked about this before)
    - you need them to show you that they appreciate and care about the things you do for them
    - and not in a showy way....
    - but by accepting your help and your input
    - that makes you feel valued
    - and you're a very loyal person... to those you are close to and therefore expect the same in return
    - and i think you have been disappointed in this regard many times before
    - it's like you've gotten to the point that you're so disappointed with everyone that it has made you doubt the validity of your values and expectations...you've probably questioned why things like this affect you so much and have tried to emotionally block yourself from being so hurt by them.
    - and past experience has lead you to believe that one way or another people will always let you down
    - so, it makes it hard to fully open up to someone because your expectation of this is so strong that you think you'll always end up being hurt, and disappointed
    - but deep down you want to be able to open up and let someone in completely... i think this is such a big need that it seems unbearable sometimes. it's like a catch 22 (you want this but you protect yourself from it at the same time)
    - and you don't know if you'll ever feel safe enough to be able to do it
    - i think you will though
    - and then you'll know the satisfaction of loving someone and being loved back
    - and this person will value all these things within you and will feel very lucky that you are able to share this together
    - and you need to be able to trust them... which would make you feel safe enough to do this..."
    Last edited by Park; 06-29-2008 at 06:02 PM.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i also think you need a lot of validation and support from the people you love...this means the world to you (we've talked about this before)
    - you need them to show you that they appreciate and care about the things you do for them
    - and not in a showy way....
    - but by accepting your help and your input
    - that makes you feel valued
    Definitely Te/Fi>Fe/Ti, more Delta ST

- i think it all stems from you being protective about the people you love...and wanting to stand up for them, etc
    - like i dont think you could so much identify or care for humans in general...it's not so global for you...although deep down there is empathy there, you concentrate that around people you are close to, IMO
    - and you would show this in more physical ways, i think
    - not by trying to understand others and sympathize...but if someone hurts someone you love, you'll be the first to stand up for them
    - or even more physically than that...by helping them with things like moving or figure out what's wrong with their computer or things like that
    Sensor? I get the impression of valued Fi+Si>Fe+Ni from the bolded parts
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gilly, thanks.
    Mimosa, you're wrong.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fi super-id (6th > 5th). Sounds like SLI overall.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very clearly Te ego, Fi super-id
    Unlike thehotelambush, I think Fi dual-seeking > hidden agenda
    Perhaps indeed slight indication of Si>Ni, but not much, imo

LSE, SLI, LIE or ILI

Overall I think the description is 90% about how a Te ego, Fi super-id person thinks.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    Perhaps. I was seeing "very loyal" as more of an introverted characteristic, but it also has rational connotations.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am looking at it from the point of view of what A offers to others, and what A hopes to get from others, and is disappointed when not getting it. It's clearly Te and Fi, respectively. Although that applies to Te ego and Fi super-id generally, to me Fi is more like dual-seeking, because A is so insecure in Fi. Fi hidden agenda types are more confident in knowing whether or not they can trust others, what is the state of the relationship, etc.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, the description is entirely about Fi/Te, so of course it's going to give that impression. If it really is the person's main weakness I would agree.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    Perhaps. I was seeing "very loyal" as more of an introverted characteristic, but it also has rational connotations.
    I have found ESFps to be usually very loyal people too for instance, so I don't see it as an introverted characteristic, nor would I necessarily put rational connotations to it, but rather say that different types can be loyal in different ways I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    If it really is the person's main weakness I would agree.
    What would define it as the main weakness over the secondary type of weakness it would appear in IXTp's? What would make the difference?

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    What would define it as the main weakness over the secondary type of weakness it would appear in IXTp's? What would make the difference?
    The dual-seeking is something you don't see as your "job" to "provide". It's something that, ideally, others would take care of for you.

The hidden agenda is something that, if others would say that it's a weakness in you, would make you feel defensive, because you do recognize it's not as strong as you'd wish but you don't like others pointing it out.

In your text, my impression was that A was very much aware of the weakness in Fi. I think an ILI or SLI, if told what A was told in your text, would go, "wait a minute, I'm not as bad in that as you're saying".

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The dual-seeking is something you don't see as your "job" to "provide". It's something that, ideally, others would take care of for you.

The hidden agenda is something that, if others would say that it's a weakness in you, would make you feel defensive, because you do recognize it's not as strong as you'd wish but you don't like others pointing it out.

In your text, my impression was that A was very much aware of the weakness in Fi. I think an ILI or SLI, if told what A was told in your text, would go, "wait a minute, I'm not as bad in that as you're saying".
    I see. And if person A shrugs and says "OMG, that's totally how I am, you nailed it." then it would sugggest Fi dual-seeking > hidden agenda? Am I right?

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see. And if person A shrugs and says "OMG, that's totally how I am, you nailed it." then it would sugggest Fi dual-seeking > hidden agenda? Am I right?
    In my opinion, yes; but if person A seems otherwise to be a Te IP rather than Te EJ, well, it's something to look at more closely.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my opinion, yes; but if person A seems otherwise to be a Te IP rather than Te EJ, well, it's something to look at more closely.
    Ok, that makes sense.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And what would be the accompanying Ne-seeking or Se-seeking part that this description is missing? What would be the global thinking of person A in this regard? Can we make a hypothesis?

Creepy-

And what would be the accompanying Ne-seeking or Se-seeking part that this description is missing? What would be the global thinking of person A in this regard? Can we make a hypothesis?
    Anyone have thoughts on this??