Thread: Introverted logic Ti as Hidden Agenda of ISFps

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Introverted logic Ti as Hidden Agenda of ISFps

I have a really severe tendency to over-glorify the act of gaining knowledge.

I'm not sure how female SEIs relate to this, but I LOVE programming, everything about it, the theory, actually writing something (except actually working with a gui framework, that pissed me off.) I love reading about for loops, output statements, file input/output, all of it. I have collected 3 Java books, 2 pascal books, and a C book. I sat down last night and got so excited that I'm going to look at all them over the summer and just bask in all the code and loveliness.

Today I wanted to look into basic Ruby syntax, but I've got this glorified idea of the act of learning that I am actually scared to do it in real life, because I am afraid it won't be as fun irl than in my mind.

Last night my LII father told me that he'd teach me pre-calc during the summer. The idea of learning something out of school made me so excited that I went around the house declaring "MATH IS POWER." to all I saw.

Pre-calc is exciting?

What I am trying to say is that I think all SEIs love learning so much that we glorify the act in our minds, and then when it gets a little boring we get all sad and thinking we're faulty because it's supposed to be fun 24/7.

anyone have anything to add to this?
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought this was your HA:

Edit:
    I'm like this more with people than with learning.
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    LOL. SEI's are adorable.
    estoy enamorado de ti.
    D-SEI 9w1

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by Kamangir View Post

I'm not sure how female SEIs relate to this, but I LOVE programming, everything about it, the theory, actually writing something (except actually working with a gui framework, that pissed me off.) I love reading about for loops, output statements, file input/output, all of it. I have collected 3 Java books, 2 pascal books, and a C book. I sat down last night and got so excited that I'm going to look at all them over the summer and just bask in all the code and loveliness.

Today I wanted to look into basic Ruby syntax, but I've got this glorified idea of the act of learning that I am actually scared to do it in real life, because I am afraid it won't be as fun irl than in my mind.

Last night my LII father told me that he'd teach me pre-calc during the summer. The idea of learning something out of school made me so excited that I went around the house declaring "MATH IS POWER." to all I saw.

Pre-calc is exciting?

What I am trying to say is that I think all SEIs love learning so much that we glorify the act in our minds, and then when it gets a little boring we get all sad and thinking we're faulty because it's supposed to be fun 24/7.

not true... maybe in highschool i was more like that, but I wouldn't say I glorified it. It's sorta a stage I grew out of as I got older and found things I enjoyed better (like hands on learning or just not learning at all )

now I just learn shit when I need it, it seems kinda useless otherwise.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by esper View Post
    Lol--yes! I remember when I did calculus and physics I got all excited at the enormous possibilities of calculating the trajectory and speed of anything. I would just sit there and doodle and calculate while I was supposed to be listening in class. ^_^
    You remind me EXACTLY of an INFp girl I know. She acts the same way with math. She waves her hands as she discusses the slope of a tangent line.

She doodles a lot too.
    not true... maybe in highschool i was more like that, but I wouldn't say I glorified it. It's sorta a stage I grew out of as I got older and found things I enjoyed better (like hands on learning or just not learning at all )
    makes sense.
    D-SEI 9w1

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's pretty interesting, good that you're with the ILE then, loads of random theories for you to listen to.
    ILE - Ti.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel the same way, Kamangir! Not about math, though- my poisons are philosophy and working out (polar opposites, I know, but oh well!). I read a lot of philosophy classics in my spare time, and I also keep up with studies and such that are being done in the fitness world. I hate science, but I love kinesology (the science of exercise) and nutrition science, if only by extension.

I spend a ridiculous amount of time reading up on that stuff. But I love it.
    ISFp <3

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    Mine too.
    Ugh
    Motion passed.

Stupid ILE agenda. Not everyone needs to love you, damn it! Gah, fool brain...
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Charismatik View Post
    I feel the same way, Kamangir! Not about math, though- my poisons are philosophy and working out (polar opposites, I know, but oh well!). I read a lot of philosophy classics in my spare time, and I also keep up with studies and such that are being done in the fitness world. I hate science, but I love kinesology (the science of exercise) and nutrition science, if only by extension.

I spend a ridiculous amount of time reading up on that stuff. But I love it.
    Me too!

And yeah - I relate, Kam. It definitely makes me excited to think I'm going to be learning about something I'm interested in. It is generally better in my head though. :-(

But mainly it's understanding something that I get a high out of. I love when I read something and something just clicks and makes all these other pieces of the puzzle fall into place. Makes me want to do the 'happy dance'. But I don't, unless I'm by myself, because people would think I'm insane.
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

TIM
    nil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think that we share the same HA actually. I mean, I don't like programming at all but, The fact is that I study programming because I know that I can handle very well the logic and the information. I leave my interest for other things. (like philosophy, history, games, art and stuff like that).

Espero que se entienda.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by normal View Post
    I don't think that we share the same HA actually. I mean, I don't like programming at all but, The fact is that I study programming because I know that I can handle very well the logic and the information. I leave my interest for other things. (like philosophy, history, games, art and stuff like that).

Espero que se entienda.
    eres un n00b. Quiero que se vaya de mi cara.

fue una frase mala y fea, no?
    D-SEI 9w1

TIM
    nil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamangir View Post
    eres un n00b. Quiero que se vaya de mi cara.

fue una frase mala y fea, no?
    haha no. No es mala ni fea si viene de tí.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

entonces, es una buena cosa.

Acabo de ver una chica que conozco. Mi padre y yo estabamos llevando un pedazo de mueble cuando la v&#237;. Pienso que ella querian hablar conmigo, pero no pudo. Ella se camin&#243; de mi sintiendo triste, pienso.

Me siento triste tambi&#233;n, pero yo s&#233; no hay un raz&#243;n para esta sentimentio.

fin.
    D-SEI 9w1

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL. You guys crack me up with the Spanish!

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by qbsirena06 View Post
    LOL. You guys crack me up with the Spanish!
    Odio la cuidad de Charlotte y toda la gente adentro.

en broma estoy bromando.
    D-SEI 9w1

I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola aka Bee's Avatar
    TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Math. ergh. I mean, I can do it, but I'm not good at it because it doesn't interest me. Give me quantum philosophic theory, genetics, psychology and arts and FO SHO, I'll totally do a happy dance though!

I will actually happy dance in the presence of other too. Oops.
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by bee View Post
    I will actually happy dance in the presence of other too. Oops.
    video or it never happened

TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh haillll no!

Although I do have my Vaio now

Time for stickam methinks!

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by bee View Post
    Oh haillll no!

Although I do have my Vaio now

Time for stickam methinks!
    do it!

go!

(it's a bit late now though... The suns coming up if you can get on a few hours earlier in the day/night I'll be there (or like in 8 hours from now))

I need my fix of cute Australian girl accent

TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hrmm...maybe over the weekend then? A girl's gotta work for da money!

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How do ISFps fill their Ti hidden agenda (HA)?

How do you go about filling it?

Creepy-male

I apply the knowledge of rules of systems I've picked up to see if I can use them to describe things I see in the world around me.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have always thought of my Ti HA as trying to understand the whole story, to understand how everything fits together logically.
    D-SEI 9w1

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I ask a lot.

"Information without energy is useless" Nowisthetime's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    How do you go about filling it?
    I sometimes get obsessed with understanding what I'm doing. I once attended an art course. We practised mixing colors, like you mix red-yellow-blue and get all other colors and different shades. I got lost in the theory behind this, and wanted to know how it REALLY works. But at the same time it drains me, so my interest in it declined after a few days/weeks, and now I have forgotten most of it.

Melodies from Mars~
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mediator Kam View Post

Pre-calc is exciting?

Wtf. Yes.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Oh there are SEIs who are into math.

That programming stuff sounds Dialectic-Algorithmic cognitive style. I don't particularly enjoy programming. It is just a tool for me but I had some interest and made few programs with UIs. In the end it becomes too repetitive. Python syntax is quick and clean. Much better. Gets the job done.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

All Ips typically like gaining and honing knowledge and skills. I don’t think that ISFp HA has anything to do with knowledge acquisition; it has more to do with liking to see things structured in some sort of concrete strategy or plan of how things should be approached, defined, applied and or done. They are inspired by quantified ways-ahead showing the potential for definitive results, or concrete processes and goals. They would sometimes like to be able to detach from people and or the situation in order to think. However, ISFps are generally terrible at accomplishing any of this.
    a.k.a. I/O

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    All Ips typically like gaining and honing knowledge and skills. I don’t think that ISFp HA has anything to do with knowledge acquisition;
    a.k.a. I/O
    Yes i think knowledge and skills is too broad concept. I want to understand what im doing, not just a method. SEIs are unconscious ILEs and over time they build up a compensation for this in the form of explanations and understanding that looks ILE-like. Although it lacks flexibility and originality. But it can be useful.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I've read books about math theory and stuff that I don't quite understand. It seems like having Ti would be so powerful - like you would be able to have insight into all these diff situations, and, best of all, never be dependent on just knowing facts (Te-stuff). I read books in bursts - design patterns in programming, etc - but it feels like an uphill battle, although it's satisfying in the moments when I can even get it, then I'm back to reading some novel where all the characters seem so easy to understand.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lemontrees View Post
    but it feels like an uphill battle, although it's satisfying in the moments when I can even get it,
    yes, and it will always be an uphill battle. One never gets to the top and there is no downhill on the other side. For SEI its best to work with something were thinking is limited and can be learned once and then applied.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lemontrees View Post
    Yeah I've read books about math theory and stuff that I don't quite understand. It seems like having Ti would be so powerful - like you would be able to have insight into all these diff situations, and, best of all, never be dependent on just knowing facts (Te-stuff). I read books in bursts - design patterns in programming, etc - but it feels like an uphill battle, although it's satisfying in the moments when I can even get it, then I'm back to reading some novel where all the characters seem so easy to understand.
    Ti is no more powerful than the tools that SEIs have; they all have their strengths and weaknesses. The empathic vigilance of SEIs could be very useful to most Ti-types even though many may not admit it. Types should try to hone their own strengths rather than trying to be something they're not; I find that most failure is caused by a lack of inclination or motivation rather than capability.
    a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ti is no more powerful than the tools that SEIs have; they all have their strengths and weaknesses. The empathic vigilance of SEIs could be very useful to most Ti-types even though many may not admit it. Types should try to hone their own strengths rather than trying to be something they're not; I find that most failure is caused by a lack of inclination or motivation rather than capability.
    a.k.a. I/O
    I'm not sure I agree with this. I think trying to develop one's weaknesses is a good thing.
    However, I do agree that in assessing themselves, people should pay attention to what their strengths and weaknesses are, both in maintaining their own self-esteem, as well as in being able to proactively lend their strengths in service to society in a constructive way.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Suz Well, reading mathematical or computer texts will likely improve SEI knowledge of those areas but this will not give SEIs more Ti; it might exercise the limited Ti that SEIs already have (unlikely if the task is not critical) so expect a certain amount of difficulty - not because of intellect but because it's contrary to normal SEI information processing. The occasions when SEIs likely exercise their Ti would be when under extreme, back-against-the-wall stress.....

a.k.a. I/O

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It all just becomesTi hedonism, with precise mathematical calculations of body fluid trajectories.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

That programming thing. It sounds like some sort of repressed conscious ILI comes out.

Let's pull out another stereotype and put it under same lens: cooking is also algorithmic.

I wish I had some inclination to do those things. OTOH I like to link procedures and laws together. It is complementary. Chain of understanding/action.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Suz Well, reading mathematical or computer texts will likely improve SEI knowledge of those areas but this will not give SEIs more Ti; it might exercise the limited Ti that SEIs already have (unlikely if the task is not critical) so expect a certain amount of difficulty - not because of intellect but because it's contrary to normal SEI information processing. The occasions when SEIs likely exercise their Ti would be when under extreme, back-against-the-wall stress.....

a.k.a. I/O
    I dont necessarily disagree with this. I still think its a good thing to try to develop one's weaknesses tho (in other ways perhaps).
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suz View Post
    I dont necessarily disagree with this. I still think its a good thing to try to develop one's weaknesses tho (in other ways perhaps).
    Compensation strategies and workarounds can be found for most weaknesses but a type has no choice but to use its existing system. One will have difficulty using a fork to eat soup but it could be done. Many on this site think that they can dip into the information elements like accessing bins at a bulk food store; all one needs is practice. However, the elements are classifications that delineate system limitations and it would take a very, very traumatic event to rewire the firmware.
    a.k.a. I/O

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mediator Kam View Post

Pre-calc is exciting?

Yup.

I have a desire to be intellectually stimulated.
    When time gets down to it, learning and being an intellectual requires reading a lot of dense material, and a possibility of not understanding it since us SEI's don't seem to have as much practice in using Ti outside of understanding our emotions and our interpersonal relationships. I can...but then there's this fear that I can't and I'll finally figure out that I'm as stupid and untalented as I'd originally imagined. Also the fear that i'm not actually an intellectual because I get bored with said dense material. So I just go and binge on comfort food.