Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Color Palette & Body Type.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@VOGUE PARIS Very gorgeous Romantic features all over, I'd go with TR at most. It suits your taste as you describe it, too. Dramatic didn't stand out at first. Curved lines, not angular ones. Yang would only be the secondary trait. Unless you are super tall, what is your exact height? The fuchsia and green are good on you, white gives a nice blush! The jeans jacket also works.
    Last edited by Chae; 01-05-2018 at 03:11 PM.

TIM
    749 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm 5'8. Deleting all those photos now but I am going to show pictures with my general face, no poses or anything for future references for anyone. Romantic would make a lot sense, but as others have said I have a taller tougher energy than romantic. My roommate thinks Im dramatic and then romantic second, she says I have the presence as if I was a commanding primadonna operah singer. Hahah, lovely compliment I think?? lol

Thank you!

26168005_113173819486499_8657756507163855025_n.jpg
    2014-10-10 19.11.59 HDR_preview.jpeg

@Chae what do you think, clear winter? Im sort of bad when it comes to figuring what is what.

I have performed the necessary butchery. Here is the bleeding corpse.

HENRY JAMES, AFTER A REQUEST BY THE TIMES LITERARY SUPPLEMENT TO CUT THREE LINES FROM A 5,000 WORD ARTICLE

EIE-Ni 479 sp/sx Gentle Spirit

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@VOGUE PARIS Okay, that's Dramatic or Natural range already Yes it's good that way. Hm... it's true, the impression from others counts a lot. Like the second someone steps into the room, what is standing out. The commanding diva (diva chic is really a nice feat indeed, bless Kibbe) is pretty much Soft Dramatic The pictures above sort of prove the point since you have striking features as opposed to R's very delicate ones. How did you score on the A,B,C,D,E test if you've taken it?

I'd try Summer first, the muted pastels look great on you. Black is less optimal for your complexion while the lighter colors are flattering, glowing all while not distracting from you.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Been making efforts to find some Kibbe examples for men, the theory is lacking in that regard. Especially with going beyond the 5 main types Pinterest has some pretty good typists providing good examples, I list what I found here and add my own. They might not be in their best lines or colors here, I just looked for pictures to show an impression of body/face.

Leonard Nimoy - Dramatic
    (guess why the Spock brows work perfectly on him)

Another example: Sacha Baron Cohen

Gregory Peck - Soft Dramatic

John Wayne - Natural

Jessie Pavelka - Flamboyant Natural

Tom Cruise - Soft Natural

Ben Barnes - Classic

Ryan Gosling - Dramatic Classic

Jesse Spencer - Soft Classic

Elvis - Romantic

Another example: Billy Dee Williams

Shah Rukh Khan - Theatrical Romantic

Fred Astaire - Gamine

Pharrell - Flamboyant Gamine

Zac Efron - Soft Gamine

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

More examples. Feel free to correct and add!

D
    Adrien Brody
    Mads Mikkelsen
    Tom Hiddleston
    Richard Armitage
    Hugh Laurie
    Andy Biersack!!
    David Bowie
    Keanu Reeves

SD
    Christopher Walken
    Peter Steele
    Marilyn Manson
    Jeff Goldblum my absolute role model
    Prince William
    Kim Woo-bin
    John Travolta
    Gerard Piqué

N
    Brad Pitt
    Robert Redford
    Jensen Ackles
    Heath Ledger
    Michael Ealy

FN
    Hugh Jackman
    Liam Neeson
    Chris Hemsworth
    Dwayne Johnson
    Jason Momoa
    Harry Styles? Or D
    Owen Wilson

SN
    Chris Pine
    Mark Ruffalo
    Matt Damon
    Jake Gyllenhaal

C
    Ben Barnes
    Michael Fassbender
    George Clooney - of course!
    Justin Timberlake

DC
    Cary & Hugh Grant
    David Beckham
    Ralph Fiennes
    Christian Bale

SC
    Paul Rudd
    Jude Law
    James Franco
    Jonathan Rhys Meyers

G
    Usher
    Jared Leto
    Christoph Waltz
    Vernon from Seventeen
    Rami Malek
    Elijah Wood
    Axl Rose

SG
    Daniel Radcliffe
    Martin Freeman
    Phil Collins
    Gerard Way
    Jamie Cullum
    Logan Lerman
    Kevin Hart
    Bruno Mars
    Messi
    Robin Williams
    Josh Hutcherson

FG
    Ben Stiller
    Eddie Redmayne
    James Dean
    Mick Jagger
    Mark Hamill
    A$AP Rocky
    Rowan Atkinson

TR
    Johnny Depp
    Orlando Bloom
    Robert Pattinson
    Douglas Booth
    RDJ
    Ville Vallo

R
    Colin Firth
    Slash
    Tom Hardy
    George Michael
    Taylor Lautner
    Michael Jackson
    Nicholas Hoult
    Jim Morrison
    Leonardo DiCaprio
    Luke Evans

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Two Dramatics in their ideal lines. This is such a powerful picture.
    Benedict Cumberbatch (6'0), Keira Knightley (5'7)

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

I was thinking about the Kibbe types the other day and how it makes sense. Some styles I just can't do. And some people's styles looks like it was made for them. For example, FKA twigs dresses kind of masculine, with sharp edges and bulky accessories. Like the opposite of soft and romantic. And that works really well for her. While I was looking at pictures I saw some of her fans remaking her style and they just looked ridiculous in it.

Bad style for her I found:

This also looks a little off, mostly the hair:

She can do some soft styles like this, too, but I still think I prefer her in the futuristic masculine style, whatever that it callled
    Last edited by maniac; 01-06-2018 at 02:58 PM.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Jezebel It's a good example! FKA can really go far with mix & match and really funky Gamine styles, and since the type blends extremes she can go in many directions. Print is really cool on her:

So that's why it's so hard for others to pull it off, rare G essence. I think it could be Industrial style mixed with BDSM attire?? It's definitely made for the Yang body, esp. the former. Industrial is entirely angular I realized

The last image has the softness in the wrong places, Gamine does well with neck emphasis instead. It's no problem for her to bring it up to the face. looks very edgy while elegant:

TIM
    749 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As a Soft Dramatic / Theatrical Romantic with the weight that I have on now, these are the outfits that changed my life:

Nicknamed The Lavender Blonde, Kim Novak is a Cool Summer and often put in Soft Dramatic outfits. This is her in the Holiday Romantic Comedy Bell, Book, and Candle:

and just because the music video was everything I could ask for, here's Marina all 80s deco.

I like the earthiness of the glamour of Anita and Kim.

TBC

HENRY JAMES, AFTER A REQUEST BY THE TIMES LITERARY SUPPLEMENT TO CUT THREE LINES FROM A 5,000 WORD ARTICLE

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

i think my face type is soft natural. cant figure out whether my body is romantic, natural or classic though

edit: hmm i took one of those tests and i got theatrical romantic. thats the one im leaning most to rn.

im confused
    kibbe apparently says scarlett johansson is a soft natural, who by descriptions seems romantic to me. and that kate winslet and drewbarrymore are romantic. i dont see the difference between them and scarlett.
    he also says that madonna is romantic which seems off to me, but i could get it if she works out so much that it covers that softness up.
    Last edited by maniac; 01-08-2018 at 11:40 AM.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Im jealous of high yang type because they can get away with wearing so much cool and interesting stuff. ahh i feel like my high yin dont fit my personality

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jezebel View Post
    i think my face type is soft natural. cant figure out whether my body is romantic, natural or classic though

edit: hmm i took one of those tests and i got theatrical romantic. thats the one im leaning most to rn.

im confused
    kibbe apparently says scarlett johansson is a soft natural, who by descriptions seems romantic to me. and that kate winslet and drewbarrymore are romantic. i dont see the difference between them and scarlett.
    he also says that madonna is romantic which seems off to me, but i could get it if she works out so much that it covers that softness up.
    Ikr! Have the same issues with the new celebs. I stick to the prime examples Kibbe gave, even if some were moved to other types which was hard to keep track of. Scarlett is so much more R to me as well, and Madonna has a G type of body?! Though it boils down to what you can wear, that's soothing at least. I'd be careful with celeb comparisons anyways, too much shapewear and plastic surgery going on, and as you say, very intense work outs. Recently I checked out his book example women, they are a lot more enlightening. It's also back when Kibbe didn't do away with the N and C categories which is suspicious to me.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Im jealous of high yang type because they can get away with wearing so much cool and interesting stuff. ahh i feel like my high yin dont fit my personality
    Mixed types are fun, maybe you could consider one? Like SC, really cool stuff. I'm jealous of the Flamboyant Naturals, they're so majestic like wow you bless the earth with your presence---

(This is a perfect color choice also^)

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

@Chae I don't think I look classic enough or have enough strong features. My face is like a jumbled mess of softness. I could be soft natural perhaps, but I'm pretty confused about this and all the subcategories.

The ones I'm considering are:
    Soft dramatic (really only because I read somewhere that if you're over 5'5'' you're always gonna be dramatic but idk about that cause my frame is rather small for someone my height)
    Soft natural
    Theatrical romantic
    Romantic

Atm thinking romantic.. my body looks almost exactly like this:

The only thing that could be more yang about me is that my eyebrows are lower than Marilyn. Which would make me Theatrical romantic, but those people seem to have much more yang than me.
    Last edited by maniac; 01-10-2018 at 10:56 AM.

TIM
    749 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did the letter test and I am either soft natural or soft classic.
    it was literally at the borderline. There is no way I am a classic natural either because I had too much yin for that.

okay heres my line of thinking:
    Soft natural would explain why my 70s fashion phase was such a hit with everyone. And my island girl look is always well... looks like me. I am an island girl.
    Soft classic would explain why I look so nice in elegance. However... my favorite classic styles are often beatnik looks and 30s, where there isn't that much tightness in what im wearing. A lot of what I wear has to have a flow to it, nothing too confirming. I could see myself in natural looks all the time, but classics looks would get a bit tiring.

It's really hard cause I tend to be a chameleon. I like looking rough some days and glamoured the other. However, I think natural wins because in the decade where a full makeup is regular routine for a lot of people, I just cant fucking get with it. I'm a taurus rising, so is lana del rey. We make natural look glamorous. (Im not saying shes my body type Im saying we share the same astrology ascendant.) I want a hairstyle I can wake up and go, my makeup is gorgeous but I often keep it to a minimum, well.. minimum compared to what everyone is doing. Anything that is put on me that needs detail, is often helped. I make others cut my hair, if eye-shadow is elaborate others are helping me.

Ok soft natural it is.
    Hm.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Soft Gamine? (Dove Cameron) Probably my favorite type
    Last edited by maniac; 01-10-2018 at 10:33 AM.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Soft Gamine? (Dove Cameron) Probably my favorite type
    Yes <3 I love SG as well. I mean look at her. She did that!
    I wish we could say Ingenue, if anything she'd be the definition.
    Her bf is some FN type, big difference to her Yin.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VOGUE PARIS View Post
    I like the earthiness of the glamour of Anita and Kim.

TBC
    Kim seems a bit remote to me, but Anita is the Queen of my Day and Night.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hehehehe. Kibbe is quaking in his TR boots when I come around the corner with mine. Oh yes. I created a pathetic collage that I am anxious to present but I am convinced that heels with pointed toes rock so feel free to be shook ladies and gentlemen. Also I made sure they don't mess with my Spring Palette like oops... bye bye black I miss you baby :/

Wouldn't walk a quarter mile in those though. Those heights are a conspiracy against my feet. Gosh. My pain tolerance is zero. Either flats or I get carried. ¡Olé!

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Asteria View Post
    Who is that? She's purdy. She seems to glow in that color.
    Gigi Hadid! I love her, too. She's glam incarnated. Maybe Light Spring or Soft Autumn, warm season. This is pretty much ideal:

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Deciding between two Kibbe categories:

Soft Dramatic vs. Theatrical Romantic:
    Soft Dramatic is taller. Larger boned. Yang is dominant; Yin is secondary. Body type is larger, but curvy.
    Theatrical Romantic is smaller. Sharper boned. Yin is dominant; Yang is secondary. Body type is trimmer, but still curvy.

Soft Gamine vs. Romantic:
    Soft Gamine is smaller. More delicate boned. Slightly angular shoulders and jawline. slightly square hands and feet (but still small and delicate). Body type is very curvy, but trimmer and more taut.
    Romantic is larger. Wider bones. Wider body. Curved shoulders and jawline. Fleshy hands and feet. Body type is soft and lush (very curvy).

Classic vs. Natural:
    Classic is more symmetrical. Narrow boned. Evenly spaced facial features. Chiseled facial structures.
    Natural is more muscular. Broader boned. More irregular facial features. Broader facial structures.

Dramatic vs. Gamine:
    Dramatic is taller. Longer body lines. Longer limbs. Narrow eyes. Straight lips.
    Gamine is more petite. More delicate boned (but still sharp and angular). Large eyes. Moderate to full lips.

Flamboyant Natural vs. Flamboyant Gamine:
    Flamboyant Natural is taller. Broader bone structure. Longer bone structure. Broader facial structure. Body type is larger (often quite muscular).
    Flamboyant Gamine is smaller. Less vertical line to the body. Bone structure is long and broad in comparison to height (which is more petite). Body type is more compact.

Soft Classic vs. Soft Natural:
    Soft Classic is more symmetrical bone structure. Narrow bones. Body type is slightly softer, tending to fleshiness.
    Soft Natural is more angular bone structure (but still slightly delicate). Wider bones. Body type is slightly more muscular but still soft.

Dramatic Classic vs. Classic:
    Dramatic Classic has more angular bone structure. Shoulders, jawline, hands and feet are squarer. Facial structure is more angular.
    Classic has more symmetrical bone structure. Shoulders, jawline, hands, and feet are narrower. Facial structure is more symmetrical.

Soft Gamine vs. Theatrical Romantic:
    Soft Gamine body type has more pronounced curves. Hands and feet are fleshier. Bone structure is slightly wider. Eyes are big and round, lips are very full, and cheeks are "apple-shaped."
    Theatrical Romantic body type has smaller, narrow curves. Hands and feet are narrower, more "birdlike." Bone structure is narrower. Eyes are round but slanted at the edge. Lips are round but less full. Cheekbones are more pronounced.

x

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Kibbe always seems completely typecast/trope-defined in movies. Am I the only one who sees the trend or is it biased? I've seen types like D women as like the independent female in one blog, though I think that's not the only trope out there.

Male villain: Dramatic
    Female villain: Soft Dramatic

Male protagonist: Gamine or Theatrical Romantic, Natural for action
    Female protagonist: Classic or Natural

Any sidekick ever: Flamboyant Natural
    Wizards: All Dramatics

And so on

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I've come to really appreciate Kibbe after learning a lot. Need it more than ever actually

- Choices in the store are drastically narrowed down. Like when I see some FN, or G and R, I know it won't look as good off the peg on me.
    - Like yesterday I spotted a Light Spring shirt but it had super tiny flower prints all over... one look in the mirror and I saw ugh the coloring is blending just right but the level of detail looks ridiculous combined with my hyper-elongated D base. (@Vogue Paris did you experience the same some time?) Was a hard decision to put it back because it was some nice ivory but I wanted both season and line on point
    - Overall budget saver!!
    - Less impulse shopping
    - Timeless taste inspiration. When you dress kibbe head to toe you look put together. Unless you're a Natural but then again this style will look fantastic on you. Either way it's comfortable
    - I don't entirely know how to assemble outfits to a T but now I at least have a guide to match the lines so I'm good or at least better
    - Other typings: I can check whether they're accurate or not now that I don't have to rely on them to know how certain types look like
    - Vice versa I can critique Kibbe. Like how he dropped Ingenue and more types recently. But that's a bigger discussion
    - I have a sharper eye for things that look off, or don't fit
    - Typing men. Lotta fun, bit of a challenge. Aka just right
    - The mentality goes from wanting to alter/hide the body to >>> just changing the clothes. Kibbe confidence is a big mood.
    - I found a German style-related site where you can calculate proportions for your Kibbe. Super interesting. I know more about my earth vessel now... in numbers
    - When other people are indecisive and ask me, Chae which of these should I wear? I already know for sure what they should pick
    - I'm careful with celeb look copying. What they pull off might look hideous on me. So I think twice. Less jealousy. I'm happy instead when he or she dresses in their lines consistently cause it's rare. When somebody gets it right I'm more like, thanks for blessing us with your beauty and taste
    - I know why I gravitate toward certain people. Or why I adore a certain vibe and style. A lot of these peeps are G essences for a reason, @Playing With Fire hshslsk... where are you you're missed :/ But I know you're busy so I have a hard time disturbing
    - What I found weird about my body is now more of an, "ah... that's Yang.. that's Yin... of course it has to be this way" type of thing. Parts I felt insecure about are now integral
    - Like I said about confidence. It really helps to advocate against the most dangerous plastic surgeries or body changes. Like hey you already have everything to work with, why would you ruin your original (superior) look. Kibbe's a fair warning of nature's genius. Though of course you can't decide what's best for others. Am not responsible or entitled to anything till they ask. So I keep myself out of plastic surgery business first and foremost
    - Kibbe can be used to view things differently elsewhere. Like I can look at architecture and see, oh! This looks Classic with the balanced lines, etc.
    - Got a valid excuse for my denial-ridden self to look at beach photos forever now. Lesbian feels intensify
    - The 80ies return (though bodies have developed since then)
    - Planning a capsule wardrobe Wish my struggling gay ass luck

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Flamboyant Natural hairstyle by Gigi Hadid. It's voluminous, relaxed, layered, going for the "lion's mane" appeal. It looks sooo good. Could go even more tousled, no problem.

Only the eyeshadow and blue print are off, too cool. The lip seems just right.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Dramatic Type Hairstyles - Andy Biersack

The amount of geometry he can take, incredible. He also dresses on point usually, though not in his season*. Dramatic type hair is ruined when the sculpture is lost, like here:

His wife Juliet could pull that off, she's a (Soft?) Natural. But on him, he looks like he's fresh out of a fight

What he wears is perfect, that collar. Even the line on his face, that would look ridiculous on any other type. Just the feathery hair doesn't complete the look.

It's great when sleek and as controlled as possible:

That coat works so well It's a bit too large but it doesn't really strike me.

* It's hard to find out since he's devoted to wearing black. But I think he's a Soft Summer. Bright warm colors are an overkill while him wearing less obtrusive jeans jackets = dead on. Black makes his complexion sort of yellowy, idk. His natural hair is much more muted, only dying it black creates the contrast he needs. Because otherwise he can't wear it:

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I've been trying to sort some of the members here into Kibbe's system. You can ignore it when you're not interested or too confused. If you want to know more than I present in this post, here is a more extensive introduction to the typology.

In short, it's categorizing people according to their body's geometric lines which are either small+curved or large+straight, usually present in a mix.
    The proportions between these two determine which one of the 13 possible types you are.

According to that, you can also know what clothing type you wear best because it picks up your geometric predisposition. The benefit is that they will be both comfortable clothes since they're fitted to your shape plus good-looking since everything is in harmony.

For instance, a person with predominantly striking straight lines describing their body wears tailored, crisp suits flawlessly. Think Tilda Swinton or Tom Hiddleston. Curved lines dominant can make you wear intricate, small rounded patterns and shapes very well. Think Marilyn Monroe or Elvis.

The 5 main types are:

• Dramatic - most straight, long sharp lines, person is thus considerably tall. Base shape is the rectangle.
    • Natural - more straight than curved. Base shape is the rectangle with blunt edges. Body type can be muscular.
    • Classic - lines are in balance, very symmetrical features. Base shape is the oval.
    • Gamine - extremes of both lines, like straight body + curved lines present in the face, more petite in height. Tomboy. Base shape is the diamond.
    • Romantic - most curved lines, overall roundedness. One of the smaller types. Base shape is the circle.

The subcategories add influence from another type. "Soft" adds a Romantic element, "Theatrical" and "Flamboyant" add a Dramatic element.

EDIT: Best clothing & hair:

Dramatic - stark, long geometric shapes and cuts
    Natural - loose and relaxed, sporty, wider, mane
    Classic - symmetrical, sleek, and sophisticated
    Gamine - Tomboy chic with mixed lines, pixie cut
    Romantic - draped, ruffles, waist emphasis, curly hair

Since I don't know your heights I might be off, but some people on here are clear-cut by the face alone:

@Muddy Dramatic Type (!)
    @FDG Flamboyant Natural Type
    @aster Romantic Type
    @Owl (Soft?) Gamine Type (!)
    @Pink Romantic Type (!)
    @ashlesha Soft Natural Type
    @Without Warning Theatrical Romantic Type (!)
    @The Exception (Soft?) Natural Type
    @Park Gamine Type (!)
    @applejacks Soft Natural Type
    @thehotelambush Soft Gamine Type
    @Anglas Flamboyant Natural Type
    @Pole Soft Natural Type
    @woofwoofl Soft Dramatic Type
    @Olimpia Theatrical Romantic or Soft Classic Type
    Last edited by Chae; 03-08-2018 at 12:09 PM.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aster View Post
    @Chae. I'm 5'3". Is that too short to be Romantic?
    Not at all! Romantic is 5'5-5'4 average and especially all heights below since it's the shortest type next to Gamine. So it fits perfectly The line of the dramatic type is the largest, and Romantic is at the opposite of the spectrum.

Here is the physical comparison. One mistake in there, Beyoncé is also Romantic, not Flamboyant Gamine. Tina Turner would've been a better choice.
    Romantic is curvy, Gamine has a straighter body like a Dramatic just shorter.

TIM
    LSI-Se
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Chae I am the soft gamine, great guess.
    LSI-Se 836 Sp/Sx

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pole View Post
    @Chae I am the soft gamine, great guess.
    Almost! Cool, SG is hella fine. Then you're significantly smaller than I thought, how tall are you?

TIM
    LSI-Se
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    Almost! Cool, SG is hella fine. Then you're significantly smaller than I thought, how tall are you?
    I'm 5'0!
    LSI-Se 836 Sp/Sx

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm 5'0!
    Whaaaatttt wow gurl... You never cease to surprise me The hugging height is perfect.
    Now let's amp it up. *~~~~~mystery hour with Chae~~~~~* Guess my height and type I moved on from what I typed myself initially so the hint is not in this thread.

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool @Chae! I have to read this more later, but 5’11” isn’t too tall for theatrical romantic, right? (Pretty sure that’s my height, if my memory’s right.)
    ・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚

TIM
    LSI-Se
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whaaaatttt wow gurl... You never cease to surprise me The hugging height is perfect.
    Now let's amp it up. *~~~~~mystery hour with Chae~~~~~* Guess my height and type I moved on from what I typed myself initially so the hint is not in this thread.
    My impression of you is that you are very tall and slender.
    LSI-Se 836 Sp/Sx

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Without Warning View Post
    Cool @Chae! I have to read this more later, but 5’11” isn’t too tall for theatrical romantic, right? (Pretty sure that’s my height, if my memory’s right.)
    Good point! The system originally was for women, Kibbe only expanded later. For men the height limits are different because their overall altitude is. It's all moved up higher significantly. Like for South East Asian people, all the limits have to be lowered because they aren't as tall on average, same principle. For you it's completely possible to be TR at 5'11, especially because it's a subcategory. "Theatrical" gives a lot of Dramatic height after all, elongating the Romantic lines.

What I consider when typing is what is the person's base type out of the five main ones is. The subcategory is just an addition. Looking at you it's prominent that you have more of Romantic's luscious curve than Dramatic's edges and thinness in a first impression. The second impression is that you're somewhat rectangular, that's where Theatrical as the addition comes in.

Rob Lowe is a Theatrical Romantic, he has an uncanny resemblance to the general softness of your face look at that, with some slight sharpness added in the brows, chin, lip:

And: Rob is 5'11. Boom. You better go out there and snatch some wigs, Lowe Junior.

Just to make sure: The other type I consider for you is Soft Dramatic if the 5'11 really trumps everything else.
    It's just swapped around here. I.e., first impression of you is the height, second is the roundedness of features. You can go by what people typically notice you as. Wow, he's a lanky tower and striking (Dramatic main type)! Or, wow, he's really sultry and sexy (Romantic main type). People usually pick up the Kibbe type in their own words, it really helps.

If you want to go the extra mile just try out the respective clothes, that'll be fun. Theatrical Romantic has much more ornament: ruffles, dots, any small rounded detail. It would ridiculous on any other type, but Theatrical Romantic pulls it off. I call it the Romeo style. Soft Dramatic is extra bold and has less delicacy, much more asymmetry - always good with drapes and cowls at the chest area. That would be the greek god style.

Adam Driver is a Soft Dramatic. It really comes out how much more sharp edges he has, unlike with Rob Lowe you instantly notice: damn! He's huge! The nose, the brows, it all screams strict geometry. With Rob the first impression is how voluptuous the lines are. He's a heartthrob. Soft Dramatic has a majestic T silhouette, and highly irregular features instead, creating the impression of regalness:

He carries the draping at the neck soooo well. Soft Dramatic can don the supervillan chic, always. Of course he blew up in TFA and people praised him for his looks, the movie stylist did everything right.
    Theatrical Romantic - and you can try this out and instantly see how it overpowers or underwhelms you or not - looks best with small-scale patterns and curves. Even just a rounded neckline works wonders with Rob, has a good fit in general:

And here, he even makes cringe fashion and an odd color work - note how we still keep the Theatrical element with the suit's sharp edges. Just the shirt below (that's Dramatic Classic type) doesn't blend in:

Gorgeous. He still looks like he can raise hell. Give Adam something small/rounded and it's completely at odds. It doesn't do him justice. He's diminished by the small curved lines while his body is extremely striking and begs to slice haters in half with all that sharpness:

Rob makes even the weirdest, tiny retro knit look charismatic, it looks harmonious:

That way, you can experiment. Maybe you already know what type of clothing works best, that'll settle it already Look for pieces that were complimented by others, either the color is best with your complexion or the Kibbe lines are on point. Much love, and thanks for bearing with me there

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

My impression of you is that you are very tall and slender.
    Bingo! My base type is Dramatic. You're good

Quote Originally Posted by aster View Post
    @Chae. 5'7.5"?

I wanted to take a whack at it. I like these games
    Ayeeee, close in terms of range Staggering 5'9. Colossal German stereotype confirmed

Studying my pics I realized my type is likely Soft Dramatic. My entire frame is extremely slim and large, no muscles, no significant fat either except for the hip and thigh area. Legs, arms, hands, feet, neck, face, all elongated and 100% anorexic-seeming no matter how much I eat, never got why, now I do. It also shows in the brows (after I grew them out!) and prominent nose, my side profile you can spot from ten miles away.

But then, confusingly I thought, my features have Yin's cuteness. You know my selfies and people comparing me to a doll Big eyes, chin, the lips too, also my waist can be cinched without a problem. I thought of Flamboyant Gamine and Dramatic Classic for balanced features or the big eyes explanation, but I'm too tall and asymmetric, noticeably so as Pole already pointed out. Last time I went shopping I put on a double-breasted DC trench, all straight lines, that looked so weird. Everything needs to be tighter around me.

I also can't qualify for FG because my head seems proportionately smaller than my body, and wild tomboy chic is lost on me. I recently found a family picture that I already posted in the unofficial member thread, where I have the Soft Dramatic drape (the fabric fits as well) and the big curly hair. Except the very tragic makeup, that shit works. It doesn't feel too much, just right. Kibbe says go big with SD for diva charm, I can do it. Mere D clothing has problems with my wide shoulders and hips, 97-90-100(!), it needs Yin's curve. From close up I always thought minimal is good but I do carry a larger pattern from afar without it seeming "off".

Compare to my parents who have nothing D about them. Dad is likely a Natural, Mom a Romantic of some sort, super curvy & fleshy & can pull off ornate as seen above. They're not in their seasonal colors but their lines make sense here. I look like a large stick figure next to them, the Yang is too muchhhhh. Kibbe wasn't wrong saying D is not from this world, I get what he means, especially when I see myself next to cozy Natural essence.

My shoulders are a bit turned so you can't see how broad they are. FN is my other option but as I said my vertical "T" line prevails. You can see it in my hands here, and zero pronounced musculature. I also think the curls and volume are good, large and rounded. Trousers could be flared, would be no problem.
    Last edited by Chae; 03-21-2018 at 04:02 PM.

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good point! The system originally was for men, Kibbe only expanded later. For men the height limits are different because their overall altitude is. It's all moved up higher significantly. Like for South East Asian people, all the limits have to be lowered because they aren't as tall on average, same principle. For you it's completely possible to be TR at 5'11, especially because it's a subcategory. "Theatrical" gives a lot of Dramatic height after all, elongating the Romantic lines.

What I consider when typing is what is the person's base type out of the five main ones is. The subcategory is just an addition. Looking at you it's prominent that you have more of Romantic's luscious curve than Dramatic's edges and thinness in a first impression. The second impression is that you're somewhat rectangular, that's where Theatrical as the addition comes in.

Rob Lowe is a Theatrical Romantic, he has an uncanny resemblance to the general softness of your face look at that, with some slight sharpness added in the brows, chin, lip:

And: Rob is 5'11. Boom. You better go out there and snatch some wigs, Lowe Junior.

Just to make sure: The other type I consider for you is Soft Dramatic if the 5'11 really trumps everything else.
    It's just swapped around here. I.e., first impression of you is the height, second is the roundedness of features. You can go by what people typically notice you as. Wow, he's a lanky tower and striking (Dramatic main type)! Or, wow, he's really sultry and sexy (Romantic main type). People usually pick up the Kibbe type in their own words, it really helps.

If you want to go the extra mile just try out the respective clothes, that'll be fun. Theatrical Romantic has much more ornament: ruffles, dots, any small rounded detail. It would ridiculous on any other type, but Theatrical Romantic pulls it off. I call it the Romeo style. Soft Dramatic is extra bold and has less delicacy, much more asymmetry - always good with drapes and cowls at the chest area. That would be the greek god style.

Adam Driver is a Soft Dramatic. It really comes out how much more sharp edges he has, unlike with Rob Lowe you instantly notice: damn! He's huge! The nose, the brows, it all screams strict geometry. With Rob the first impression is how voluptuous the lines are. He's a heartthrob. Soft Dramatic has a majestic T silhouette, and highly irregular features instead, creating the impression of regalness:

He carries the draping at the neck soooo well. Soft Dramatic can don the supervillan chic, always. Of course he blew up in TFA and people praised him for his looks, the movie stylist did everything right.
    Theatrical Romantic - and you can try this out and instantly see how it overpowers or underwhelms you or not - looks best with small-scale patterns and curves. Even just a rounded neckline works wonders with Rob, has a good fit in general:

And here, he even makes cringe fashion and an odd color work - note how we still keep the Theatrical element with the suit's sharp edges. Just the shirt below (that's Dramatic Classic type) doesn't blend in:

Gorgeous. He still looks like he can raise hell. Give Adam something small/rounded and it's completely at odds. It doesn't do him justice. He's diminished by the small curved lines while his body is extremely striking and begs to slice haters in half with all that sharpness:

Rob makes even the weirdest, tiny retro knit look charismatic, it looks harmonious:

That way, you can experiment. Maybe you already know what type of clothing works best, that'll settle it already Look for pieces that were complimented by others, either the color is best with your complexion or the Kibbe lines are on point. Much love, and thanks for bearing with me there
    This is super informative! Thank you! I see exactly what you mean now - and I believe your guess was right. Theatrical romantic seems quite fitting.

I’m very well known to love wearing tank tops like the one pictured above when it’s warmer and people tell me I pull it off. I also have a swearer similar to the one in the last pic. I could very well picture myself doing (and enjoying) a “Romeo” style. This post is really just pushing me to go clothes shopping again.

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Update: I also have no idea what my palette should be. I know I have a warmer undertone to my skin if that helps.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Kibbe is outdated and lacks important types, namely Ethereal and Ingenue.

I could never find myself fitting into a proper Kibbe type because two thirds of my Style Identity are actually Ethereal and Ingenue!

My full Style ID is Ethereal-Dramatic-Ingenue. (Order doesn't matter here.)

I used to mistype my Ingenue side as Romantic.
    Both are feminine, but whereas Romantic beauty is sexy and sultry, Ingenue beauty is cute and youthful, which fits me better.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Without Warning View Post
    Update: I also have no idea what my palette should be. I know I have a warmer undertone to my skin if that helps.
    Soft Autumn Deep (aka Toned Autumn)

You are a toned autumn if your eyes are deep brown. Your hair may be a rich earthy blonde or golden brown. Your eyes are earthy and deep. You may be mistaken at times for a deep autumn, but you are not as deep as that. Your overall coloring is soft, deep and golden.

The deeper and muted colors of the original soft autumn color palette became the Toned Autumn color palette. They are designed to complement the “soft and deep” autumn.
    Here's your palette.

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Also, when it comes to your Style ID: Face > Body.

Sure, your body may give some clues about your type, but it is ultimately your face that decides it.

*********** 21-04-19:

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast