Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stuttering

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Stuttering

Last edited by Hays; 05-30-2011 at 05:03 AM.

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

"Information without energy is useless" Nowisthetime's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't found anything about intertype relationships, but ISFp:s often have a hard time producing words if they feel uncomfortable in a situation, that happens to me and other ISFps I know. It' quite common for this type I think.

ISFps find it fairly difficult to interact with people that they dislike, even if it goes against their interests. In these situations they lose their personal magnetism, and their speech may become unintelligible.
    http://www.socionics.com/prof/isfp.htm

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by borderline View Post
    no
    ^

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nowisthetime View Post
    I haven't found anything about intertype relationships, but ISFp:s often have a hard time producing words if they feel uncomfortable in a situation, that happens to me and other ISFps I know. It' quite common for this type I think.

http://www.socionics.com/prof/isfp.htm
    I agree.

That's because they are introverts; extraverts will talk their thoughts out at nauseam.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, definitely ISFps

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

lol

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NTRFFS
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not type related for fucks sake?

I don't stutter but I think too much and it makes producing words hard when you're expected to speak quickly/off the top of your head.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker View Post
    NTRFFS

Come on, you can think about it yourself before you make a thread.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Ti-ENTp brother has always had stuttering problems. It has nothing to do with nervousness, sounds like a lot of people here don't know what stuttering actually is.

I don't see how this could possibly be type-related.

No Longer a Tadpole... Flat Footed Frog's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perhaps the OP should have clarified exactly what she meant by stuttering. But really any one with intelligence could have worked out what she meant or encountered it at some point of ur life. I think she was simply asking if anyone had information sources on whether some people are prone to stuttering, mumbling, and mixing up their words when with someone of a specific type (eg. their supervisor, benefactor, or even dual). Gosh, some of you really need to grow a brain.
    NTRFFS
    [QUOTE=Mega Doomer;]Come on, you can think about it yourself before you make a thread.

What is you twos problem??? do you not believe in asking questions, sharing information sources, being helpful to advance socionics knowledge? if ur not for going forward to the future, learning more and sharing information...get off this site! go dig a hole and live in it where everything will stay the same your whole life and dont be complete a**holes. As for your lack of Ne you do two need to find a new type. Ne's are open to possibilities and asking constant questions to explore. They love these new ideas and thrive of the possibility of them. And all ive heard from Slacker is talking about cleaning products and shoveling snow from your doorstep..BORING! where is the Ne there!?
    This Frog runs on Sugar!

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the question asking doesn't bother me. Newer people are going to ask questions like this. But people who have been here a while entertaining the idea that something like stuttering is type related does bother me.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the question asking doesn't bother me. New people are going to ask questions like this. But people who have been here a while entertaining the idea that something like stuttering is type related does bother me.
    She is not asking whether its type related. she is asking if its it relationship related or more precisely if anyone has found any information or research on having problems vocabulising in a specific relationship type. i think its a valid enquiry and would find it interesting.
    This Frog runs on Sugar!

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People who stutter do it around people in general, not just with some people. It's a genetic thing.
    -Mark Twain

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Usually during first contact extroverts think about their introvert Dual as ordinary and simple, therefore not deserving their personal attention. In return introverts consider their extrovert Dual to be too good for them and therefore unattainable. http://www.socionics.com/rel/dlt.htm

i know with my dual he felt these and went quiet when he first met me and didnt know how to act stuffing up his speech and even stuttering. He is ISTp. This link doesnt say anything specific with voice impediments i know, but i feel like it comes into play with being nervous around someone you like too much. I know some introverts who suddenly try to vocabulise in an unnatural way in front of their extravert dual partner causing them to do things they dont normally do such as stuffing up their words or overusing their creative function to communicate and attract their duals attention. Hope this helps Shayley, its not much but since no one else here gives constructive input i thought id at least post my opinion. Im sure this doesnt happen in all occasions or just too introverts so dont go attacking me.

the question asking doesn't bother me. Newer people are going to ask questions like this. But people who have been here a while entertaining the idea that something like stuttering is type related does bother me.
    OP was just asking for information sources. She didnt state her view. It is a valid request and i dislike how people on this forum tear people down whenever they ask a question by declaring them stupid, dumb etc. What kind of a constructive enviroment are you and others building? I often read threads and only comment rarely as i feel everyone is just out to build up their own ego and tear others down. Not for actually advancing people's knowledge and sharing information like this site is intended to. Think on whether you are being constructive or a time waster before you comment please.
    This Frog runs on Sugar!

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So as to be clear, it doesn't bother me to hear any questions, because people do ask questions like "does this have a Socionics explanation" when they haven't spent a lot of time on it yet. I just would hope that we've gotten to a point here where we could collectively answer "no" when the answer is obviously no. When people say things that are physical genetic things are indeed related to Socioncis, it's just going to confuse people still getting their bearings. SO the question doesnt' bother me, just our collective level of understanding or something along those lines.
    -Mark Twain

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So as to be clear, it doesn't bother me to hear any questions, because people do ask questions like "does this have a Socionics explanation" when they haven't spent a lot of time on it yet. I just would hope that we've gotten to a point here where we could collectively answer "no" when the answer is obviously no. When people say things that are physical genetic things are indeed related to Socioncis, it's just going to confuse people still getting their bearings. SO the question doesnt' bother me, just our collective level of understanding or something along those lines.
    yes but think about what comes under socionics and whats under research in the area...things like facial features, body shapes, proneness to mental conditions etc are all covered by socionics. Just cos little research has been done on this area doesnt mean we should just wipe the question. and once again i shall state the OP was asking for resources not stating a view so saying FTPWYDKHKHFKJSHDKASHFK to them and whatever else you say now just makes you look like a egotistical d***head whose non-forward thinking and unhelpful. No offense....haha
    This Frog runs on Sugar!

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Ti-ENTp brother has always had stuttering problems.
    yeah, i've had stuttering ENTp friends.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NTRFFS
    please state how this comment is helpful.
    This Frog runs on Sugar!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    yeah, i've had stuttering ENTp friends.
    thank you labcoat. you are being helpful!
    This Frog runs on Sugar!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No I'm not the OP lol I've been on this site for about 2years tho just comment little cos I've noticed how useless a lot of ppls comments are. I study pysch and think if ppl in this industry were this close minded, the area wouldnt have a future.

Ppl who just want to write like fcjgjfhtdhjhvtf are not being constructive and open minded at all and need to realize that these kinds of questions are how socionics was actually founded!
    This Frog runs on Sugar!

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

no, i know of no sources that attribute stuttering to any intertype relationship.

saying "it isn't related to type" can be a valid response. a willingness to throw out ideas isn't completely invaluable sometimes but i don't think it's more helpful than giving an honest answer of "no." by only giving credit to labcoat it seems like you're dismissing the idea that it might just not be related because its "mean" or something. galen provided some useful information, for example.

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

So far, it looks like the Alpha irrationals, for whatever reason, are most prone to stuttering, and valuing seems to be a huge thing overall too - both guys in Galen's first video, the first one especially, seem like valuers to me...

I won't say that there's a definite link, but it would be harder for me to definitively say that there isn't one, and if I'm to be wrong about something, I'd generally prefer do so in such a way that moves more thoughts and conversations forwards

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by laghlagh View Post
    no, i know of no sources that attribute stuttering to any intertype relationship.

saying "it isn't related to type" can be a valid response. a willingness to throw out ideas isn't completely invaluable sometimes but i don't think it's more helpful than giving an honest answer of "no." by only giving credit to labcoat it seems like you're dismissing the idea that it might just not be related because its "mean" or something. galen provided some useful information, for example.
    i wasnt saying only labcoat was giving good input sorry lol he just came in the post at the right time to use as an example of someone being useful and someone not. i agree saying no is just as useful as providing information. i just see no point in ppl posting HFJDFFSJ's, as all that does is insult others or discourage anyone to ask questions or use this site. It comes across as closed minded to me. And sorry to Slacker this is not a personal attack against you, just i am fed up with how unconstructive ppl can be on this site and ur comment was just a good example of that.
    This Frog runs on Sugar!

I love you very, very much Snorkle's Avatar
    TIM
    VERY MUCH
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Flat Footed Frog View Post
    Perhaps the OP should have clarified exactly what she meant by stuttering. But really any one with intelligence could have worked out what she meant or encountered it at some point of ur life. I think she was simply asking if anyone had information sources on whether some people are prone to stuttering, mumbling, and mixing up their words when with someone of a specific type (eg. their supervisor, benefactor, or even dual). Gosh, some of you really need to grow a brain.

What is you twos problem??? do you not believe in asking questions, sharing information sources, being helpful to advance socionics knowledge? if ur not for going forward to the future, learning more and sharing information...get off this site! go dig a hole and live in it where everything will stay the same your whole life and dont be complete a**holes. As for your lack of Ne you do two need to find a new type. Ne's are open to possibilities and asking constant questions to explore. They love these new ideas and thrive of the possibility of them. And all ive heard from Slacker is talking about cleaning products and shoveling snow from your doorstep..BORING! where is the Ne there!?
    How is this not a personal attack? Slacker had the maturity to overlook what you said in response to her. (Guess I don't. ) You can write that stuff if you want, but why backpedal and say no offense later? If you're gonna belittle people, why not just stand by it?
    "This is a very hostile environment." --No Longer a Dating Site

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Snorkle View Post
    How is this not a personal attack? Slacker had the maturity to overlook what you said in response to her. (Guess I don't. ) You can write that stuff if you want, but why backpedal and say no offense later? If you're gonna belittle people, why not just stand by it?
    i agree it is...i was joking when i said it wasnt. i dont know Slacker but i just hate the way ppl are not constructive on this site which was designed to grow socionics knowledge, and Slacker was just a perfect example of this at the time...i stand by that 100%. I was apologising only because i know it is unfair to single only Slacker out when there is far more ppl doing it that just them. If u did not get that, maybe you also need to dig yourself a hole to stick ur head in.
    This Frog runs on Sugar!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shayley View Post
    Maybe I should have clarified what I meant by stuttering...

For those who showed trouble understanding my request, basically I was just asking for any available information sources on stammering/stumbling/difficulty producing words etc linked to an intertype relationship. I did not state that this was my belief. I am just following through on a route of research to see if this nervous type stuttering occurs more when one is in the vicinity of certain relationships.

Thankyou FlatFootedFrog for your support of my attempt to find Socionics information on this subject. You understood me perfectly .You are quite entertaining when you get going .

Also thanks to those who responded with thier experiences in this area and I enjoyed listening to the video clips that Galen linked, though that kind of stuttering is on a whole other level than the information that I was trying to source.

For those interested, Myers Briggs has found stammering etc to be linked to certain types..off the top of my head I think they were INTX's and ISTP mainly.
    That you rightfully deleted your OP in shame proves your typing of ILE.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shayley View Post
    I have no shame in what I wrote.
    I am leaving this forum and deleting all of my posts as I am sick of this.

This post too will go.
    *golf clap*

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is you twos problem???
    I just find weird that people make OPs with a single sentence, asking about an issue which is obviously not intertype related, if you seriously think about it, and expect helpful answers. Or do you assume you'll magically lose the ability to speak if you're confronted with a certain type?

And for your information, Slacker didn't post a randow combination of letters, she said NTRFFS which means "not type related for fuck sake" as some other person already stated. And this actually is a useful comment.

I love you very, very much Snorkle's Avatar
    TIM
    VERY MUCH
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i agree it is...i was joking when i said it wasnt. i dont know Slacker but i just hate the way ppl are not constructive on this site which was designed to grow socionics knowledge, and Slacker was just a perfect example of this at the time...i stand by that 100%. I was apologising only because i know it is unfair to single only Slacker out when there is far more ppl doing it that just them. If u did not get that, maybe you also need to dig yourself a hole to stick ur head in.
    So in lieu of clear communication, we must all become mind readers. I will keep that in mind while I have my head stuck in that hole you describe.
    "This is a very hostile environment." --No Longer a Dating Site

TIM
    ENTp or ILE
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think that stuttering should be ruled out as not type related. More men stutter than women. More men are also logical. I think that if the majority of stuttering men and women are found to be logical rather than ethical, there may be a link between personalities and stuttering. Also, this test would only apply to chronic stutterers. Yes, everyone stutters once in a while but some people still stutter even when they feel internally comfortable and this is what I am referring to.

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've got INTp, IXFj and alpha NT.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Snorkle View Post
    I didn't respond because I feel bad that my "FFS" part was taken as inspired by shayley asking the question, and I can see why people woudl think that. It really is about people who supposedly have been up on this for a while, and in some cases are even charging people for services related to Socionics, entertaining this as being related to Socionics. It's just sad. It isn't a bad thing or sad at all for people still getting their thoughts together re socionics to ask questions like this, though, and I'm sorry to Shayley for not making clear what was bothering me.
    -Mark Twain

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you slacker. As I said before my frustration on this forum is not just at u. I am shayleys daughter and do not approve of ppl picking on her. Maybe u can take ur head out of that hole I spoke of earlier lol... Sorry I definitely show my fi when angry and probably get carried away... I know what ffsnntr or whatever it was means. But a)I dislike acronyms and b)using language just makes ppl feel picked on when used in this way. A simple not that I know of wouldve sufficed. I understand occasionally some ppls questions may be frustrating but in my mind there very rarely is a bad question...
    This Frog runs on Sugar!

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by k0rpsey View Post
    That you rightfully deleted your OP in shame disproves your typing of ILE.
    Quote Originally Posted by k0rpsey View Post
    *golf clap*
    It doesn't disprove ILE.

Hopefully Shayley comes back.

I was gonna flame a couple people for being mean to her and scaring her away... but in re-reading the thread, it doesn't look like anybody was especially mean or harassing...

So I think Shayley perhaps overreacted. =\ Whenever you make a thread, there are bound to be people who insult you, or disagree with you, or make fun of the topic. You can't change all of them, but you can change yourself and learn to just roll with the punches.

Hannah, please tell Shayley that I wish she'd come back. Thanks.

As for stuttering, I'd agree perhaps ENTp or ISFps, known to 'swallow air like a fish', or even INFps have a tendency to stutter. Maybe it's related to logic, I'm not sure. An interesting question, and I wish there was more concrete evidence on the topic.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you slacker. As I said before my frustration on this forum is not just at u. I am shayleys daughter and do not approve of ppl picking on her. Maybe u can take ur head out of that hole I spoke of earlier lol... Sorry I definitely show my fi when angry and probably get carried away... I know what ffsnntr or whatever it was means. But a)I dislike acronyms and b)using language just makes ppl feel picked on when used in this way. A simple not that I know of wouldve sufficed. I understand occasionally some ppls questions may be frustrating but in my mind there very rarely is a bad question...
    I agree with you, Shaley is not one to troll and make reactionary posts, so it would seem out of character for her to be doing it now.
    People here need to keep things like this in mind before making snarky comments
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Dew View Post
    It doesn't disprove ILE.
    You're right, I meant to say "proves", with a wink at Effie.

The situational stuttering and stammering that results from interpersonal anxiety can be overcome by building one's confidence or slowing down to consider one's words before speaking them. For instance, when rapidly crapflooding someone with a torrent of high-dollar-value verbiage such that my mouth is racing to keep pace with my brain, I occasionally experience something akin to spoonerisms, where synonym B of word A mentally occurs to me as I'm pronouncing A itself, and so a vowel or two of mental B sneaks into spoken A and distorts it. Very occasionally I need two or three tries to spit out a word I've read or written often but have never spoken aloud ("therapeutizing" is a recent example), but that only happens once or twice a year. In either case, if I'd prepared myself in advance or taken a moment to collect my thoughts, the incidence of such things would be greatly decreased.

Regarding other people I've known with actual stuttering produced by neurological disorder rather than environmental stress or everyday brainfarts, none of them have had particularly similar personalities, nor did they fit into any particular club, quadra, intelligence level, ethnicity, handedness, shoe size, favorite sports team, etc. So I don't see any link in this thread's anecdotes between type and stuttering that results from neurological conditions, just stammering that results from overexcitiation or nervousness.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast