0 0%
  • NF type

3 18.75%
  • ST type

0 0%

Thread: Time to play, whats my type

Creepy-male

Default Time to play, whats my type

Post what you chose in, then a sentence explanation, please only a sentence and try to say it off the top of your head, I want to get the kind of quick version of your opinions.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i am a fluffy tailed fox, quick and clever, and protective.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I chose LII. You are full of ideas and explain them like my brother does.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    I chose LII. You are full of ideas and explain them like my brother does.
    same here. he's most likely LII-Ne.

Creepy-Cyclops

I don't think you're a Te ego type fwiw. You are either Ti dominant or Ti HA. Well ain't that a lot of non-usefulness, p'rhaps.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INFp; similar to BnD and Silverchris. A little too vague and wishywashy to be Ti in my estimation.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    INFp; similar to BnD and Silverchris. A little too vague and wishywashy to be Ti in my estimation.
    I somewhat agree.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    ILE/ENTp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Wheel of Socionics

Yes! My turn now!

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless View Post
    Yes! My turn now!

Awesome!

I'd replace the SLI slot with EII, otherwise the wheel doesn't apply to LII/EII borderline cases like myself.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    Ne-LII
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What part of "If I'm stuck being LII, so are you!" can you guys not understand?

Creepy-

HaveLucidDreams, part of my late thoughts is that you're probably LII > ILE - so basically I changed my mind to your previous typing. If "off-beat" means "impulsive LII" or "atypical", than you have my impression in what aixelsyd said.
    I had this doubt for some time but I could not put it clear - neither can I now, but it's that feeling of "this is it", you know... (the web of thoughts is too entangled to explain).

Some arbitrary remarks:
    - I think you're a great example of Se-PoLR. For example, you're too adamantly opposing exploitation, right? I speculate that you're incapable of accepting (and using) the weaknesses of people as a given, as a fact, that could be accepted as Se-Role. I'm strongly skeptical that you'd be able to exploit emotions like guilt or attachment of people just to get the job done (which is a must - as long as it's spontaneous, unconscious or as a little necessary evil, but not a "method" in itself - when dealing with SEI, IMO) neither you can allow that being done upon yourself. ILEs can, AFAIK.
    - I classify your trail of thoughts as typically Ti-Base: rather formal, "technically correct", based on definitions, less focus on the authenticity of the backbone pieces of knowledge and their correspondence in the day-to-day life. In my words, it's some sort of an infinite array of "assuming" and "if", dominated by the law of "If the definitions we use are not true, then what is? It all becomes irrelevant".
    - I find your reasoning very similar to MatthewZ or Skeptic (who I type LII, too) - this is rather based on my impression on your writings than analysis.

Notes about the first point above, for clarity:
    - I was talking about ILE and its Se-Role, specifically, such trait is not to be found in IEE, Ethical (more precisely Fi) type in which the Se-Role translates in ending up manipulative, rather than exploiting inner emotional "pressure imbalance", so to speak - that is, works best with their English-calmness logical Duals whose reasoning is based on facts (that can be misrepresented, in this case).
    - it is far from me the idea that Se-PoLR equals being against opportunism. That is only one facet of Se-PoLR, as exploiting advantages is only one facet of Se-Base, which may or may not emerge in different people. But the source is the same, and can be identified in different manners, it happens that this is one of the easiest one because most people are aware of this alleged "quest for power" of Se types (which is BTW not true when taken literally).

I just thought that you might want to know.

PP

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you think is your dominant function and PoLR, and why do you identify with it? What makes each one (ILE, LII, ILI) identifiable to you?

Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ILE because you're crazy :-p

TIM
    infecting u with Fe
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tend to see more Ti/Fe than Te/Fi here too.
    "Everyone carries a shadow, and the less it is embodied in the individual’s conscious life, the blacker and denser it is.
    At all counts, it forms an unconscious snag, thwarting our most well-meant intentions."

C. G. Jung

-----
    Know your body, know your mind, know your limits.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LII. I've explained it before, but this thread have only resurfaced now.

Punk
    TIM
    ESE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you think you are Se-valuing, Lucid?

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

voted ILE. when i read your posts i see a buttload of Ne along with the vague sense that we value different judging elements for some inarticulable reason.

i would also consider LII.

are you unsure about your type?

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    What do you think is your dominant function and PoLR, and why do you identify with it? What makes each one (ILE, LII, ILI) identifiable to you?
    Alright this has been a long time but this is what I see in myself...

First with dichotomies and real life....

I/E => I, Introverted, generally I tend to enjoy being focused inward and internalizing experiences than being more extroverted, occasionally I get into extroverted moods and find myself to actually be a fairly personalible extrovert, but this is in specific circles and specific situations, not an overall trait, overall I'm introverted, I tend to mind my own business, take things in and internalize them, and remain a little bit more aloof, taciturn, and withdrawn in real life.

N/S => N, Intuitive, I tend to be a little bit more drawn to the abstract, imaginary and figurative than the concrete, tactile and real. Once again this is similar to the I/E things, there are certain areas in my life I am a really big sensor with, however overall as a personality in real life I'm a lot more intuitive. I mentally appreciate huge intuitive leaps in cognition, and tend to be drawn toward the figurative and imaginary.

T/F => T, Thinking, once again I'm always a bit skeptical of feelings, I'm not a fake macho tough guy that's all afraid of emotionality and feelings, I experience powerful feelings and like music and women and people and so forth, but I'm always a bit skeptical of going purely off of feeling and gut, I'm usually analytical and logical. People have described me as intelligent on many occasions, and such. I also tend to be an argumentative asshole.

P/J => P?, Perceiving seems to be what I would type myself as, as I enjoy impulsive, adventurous, spontaneous things... however when I go to work at something, I am extremely methodical (which I am thinking has more to do with T/F than P/J), I schedule things a lot also because it alleviates tension from procrastination and the like, but rarely do I enjoy living a clockwork orderly well ordered life. I enjoy impulsive, free, creative things, and have a nasty nasty nasty pension for procrastination.

Now functions....

--> I strongly identify to this function, structural logic, principles, and the like. I tend to not simply analyze things for their outward logic attributes, but instead I tend to look deeper into the underlying logical principles and theory behind things. Attempting to make connections between things, especially in a well ordered structural manner. I tend to be enthralled by things which have a logical structure to them. Architecture, physics, mathematics, and the like. I am obsessed with social systems and the essentially stepping stones and principles behind things. How things are built up from one element to the next. I tend to value consistency in my own values and other peoples values, I hate hipocrysy, contradictions and double standards. Things have to be harmonious in a logical way, fit within some structure other wise its disorderly non-sense that means nothing. Its an incredibly satisfying thing when two separate things can be connected logically by some underlying principle.

--> I slightly identify with this function, business logic, facts, figures and statistics. For so as a kid than in my present state. Most thinking I do has been molded to physics since that's what my college education was about. But as a kid I used to love reading books full of facts and figures, specifically engineering stuff and aviation. I used to get these massive books of all the military aircraft and WW2 aircraft and tanks and weapons and ships and read through all the statistics. The range of the aircraft, what it was used for, the typical armnent, crew, maximum speed, top cruising altitude, and so forth. I used to enjoy piecing together all these discrete facts into a comprehensive whole. I used to also love MMORPGs and Strategy games with stats and figures and statistics. I used to look for efficient means of implementing things. However as I reached about college age I feel like I have been less enthralled with Te based information and more enthralled by Ti stuff. However now I've began becoming re-interested in Te in some ways.

--> I identify very little with this function, ethical and relationship ethics, sometimes I focus on this function a little. But currently I view people with Fi for whatever reason as being a little bit overly pious and moral or a bit sally fields-like, overly sappy and caring and motherly. Fi dominant types I picture as the typical overly nuturing emotional figure that runs around society shaming people for hurting other peoples feelings and then coddling victims close to their bussom and giving cold stares that say "No one want you here, leave you monster".... with very little standards on exactly who they do this to, most of the time its whoever THEY FEEL the victim is, and they are almost garenteed to mess up once in a while, which usually results in a heartfelt appology and lots of crying and no change in their policy on who they coddle. They don't change I believe because Fi I see as needing that closeness of human relationships, so giving up that little annoying protective motherly instinct is like cutting off their lifeline. I don't really identify with this. In fact it annoys me and not just because I plan to abuse people (I don't), it annoys me because I think its self-righteous and interventionalist and I hate being hit with a ray of shame or peer pressure. I think Fi types could benefit from having a thinker around to see things clearly and not get so hyper-empathetic around victims.

--> This is generally the emotive function I identify with, extraverted ethics, I appreciate people who put their greivances up front in a rant like full frontal manner, people who put their enthusiasm up front in a fun loving or comedic manner, and people who are lively and expressive, or maybe even possibly deadpan in an amusing unashamed outward way. Sometimes I actually consider that I have Fe in the ego, sometimes in real life I've found myself carrying the mood on a particular occasion, sometimes in real life I've found myself paying a large amount of attention to the mood in the air and peoples expressions. Occasionally I'll read peoples emotions; sadness or disapproval and catch it like the flu and feel bad, other times I'll see someone upset and feel victimized and it will annoy me or anger me, other times I'll notice a flirtatious mannerism or the like, and I constantly play the conversational mood to work the emotive environment around this. The thing is however, no matter how much I identify with this element, I find myself being much more of a thinker and prone to over analysis. Overall I feel a little lost with feeling in general, sometimes I sort of feel like I need to justify my feelings logically, or else they will get out of hand.

--> I identify with this to some degree, I've had friends with Se that I get along with, besides Fe and Ne this function is probably the thing that attracts me the most to other people. Although sometimes I feel a little deficient in it. Much of the time, I kind of remain intuitive and disconnected, however sometimes I use Se. I have a long story, but one time I used Se around an SLE friend of mine and he really respected me for it, told me that he thought I was bold. In fact I kind of like the idea of being more bold and adventurous and assertive, but I know the reality is that I'm not very bold overall, most of the time I'm withdrawn, but when I plug into the reality around myself, I usually am bold. I seem to have Se-streaks occasionally but its a function I can't persist with.

--> To Be written later

--> To Be written later

--> To Be written later

To Be written later