Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Deltachris?

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Deltachris?

I've always wanted type opinions! (Even though I'm almost certainly not going to change my mind). Am I delta? If so, why? Is it obvious that I'm NF, or do you consider NT? In other words, talk about me because I love to hear about myself. (<---not ironic)
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

The devil whispers close to my ears. Quote Unquote's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you are an IEI
    Last edited by Quote Unquote; 06-19-2010 at 05:56 PM.
    Ein neuer Mann

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You're like such a non-stereotypical black guy. You don't seem hard at all, you seem kind of just....okay I don't want to sound mean, but you just sound so empty and clear and kind of vapid. You're just like this.....empty wind or something?

You don't hold onto your angst and then inflict others with it the way Nick (and sometimes Krae and myself) tend to do. Although you do like debating, there's just this 'emptiness' about you that I think is more along the lines of Delta. It's like you lack a physical core.

Alpha INTj is also something that I think is possible.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're like such a non-stereotypical black guy. You don't seem hard at all, you seem kind of just....okay I don't want to sound mean, but you just sound so empty and clear and kind of vapid. You're just like this.....empty wind or something?
    All my violence is rhetorical.

How do you find me empty and clear? Or rather, what is it that I lack? Physicality? I am off the ground as much as possible. I don't like the ground. Or maybe it's because I'm so rhetorical that I have become a non-entity, like if you move fast enough you lose all your mass.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It's a psychological energy thing and perception. You might be very different in real life.

And yeah you do seem like a misty non-identity of sorts. Just like idk...you're just so breezy.

I don't feel like you get my core or my 'truth' as it were. It's like we pass over each other, although still being able to understand- you're like Luciddreams in that way too.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    I don't feel like you get my core or my 'truth' as it were. It's like we pass over each other, although still being able to understand- you're like Luciddreams in that way too.
    I agree. I couldn't. I basically understand you almost entirely by projecting myself onto you. And... you can't really learn a person unless you're willing to sit under a tree and let them teach you, and you can't do that if you're trying to find your own tree and... I mean, I just being melodramatic, but I feel like I can be discursive like this and IEIs will know what I mean? Or maybe I'm just wrong. Shrug.

And yeah you do seem like a misty non-identity of sorts. Just like idk...you're just so breezy.
    It's because my goal is to become Shakespeare. Who is a misty non-identity.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I've always seen you as IEI. I think the heavy usage is obvious.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK. So, I'm going to say it after all... since you've mentioned NT as an option, I suppose it's a clue to go on. Several times now - the first a few months ago - I thought you are the other Ni dominant. There were several reasons - the way you write as opposed to other IEIs, the way you don't seem to have Te-PoLR (and react to Te with Ti-HA), which is something I usually stumble over in discussion with IEIs, somehow focus on logic, but not absolute, which I'd associate with Ti (I imagine this might be the "core" B&D speaks about; I sure see it in some IEIs as absolutism), and what you've said about your relation with LSE claiming conflict can be overcome sounded more like supervision to me. In this last case, I considered suggesting the person was mistyped but decided against it since you seemed pretty close to and sure about the types of people involved, but later it made sense it might be you. Each time, I wasn't going to say anything since I can hardly imagine how you could have mistyped as Fe-ego if this was the case. Although aixel apparently was there, so it's possible. But you also seem to have an understanding of information elements, which would probably make it more likely that you self-type right and you'd realize it if you were indeed weak at Feeling; on top of that, starting a type debate wasn't something I wanted anyway, since real life and forum persona may be very different things and if you say you're Fe-subtype and 4w3, you have probably some good reasons for that. So, I suppose it's not something to be taken too seriously, but at the same time I needed to say it.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

This is why I think you're not Ni ego....Ni and Ne...one knows the other is certain.

Quote Originally Posted by silverchris9 View Post
    Regarding the question of how what I describe differs from Ne, I think the difference is really encapsulated in terms of internal and external.

Ne-valuers work productively in situational uncertainty. I define situational uncertainty as uncertainty about what will happen. !
    No one can come up with any examples of you Being Ni ego/valuing...everyone just wants to make you happy...

PLEASE FIND EXAMPLES TO SUPPORT YOUR CONCLUSIONS...THANKS.

My mom is Ni ego, she is certain about what will happen if you don't do the things you're supposed to do now...she's never facing fears of uncertaintly that I find many Ni PoLR people especially worrying about...as well as weak Ni's do.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't have time to respond, lengthily, b/c I have to get back to work, but just wanted to say, I consider all discussion of my person both fascinating and gratifying, and feel that it should continue.

TIM
    NeFi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with NiFe, I haven't really seen anything that would make me question otherwise.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah you're INFp. But if you absolutely had to be another type I'd choose ENFp

TIM
    IEE-Ne cp 6w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Definitely IEI.
    Stan is not my real name.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    why

why

why???????????????
    Look at how he writes about literature... he seems to get into the soul of it, if you will. Stereotypical IEI, English professor variety.

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brilliand View Post
    Look at how he writes about literature... he seems to get into the soul of it, if you will. Stereotypical IEI, English professor variety.
    Because he can espress his thought clearly and in writing that doesn't make him IEI; he needs to show Ni and Ti.

Minde writes well, she's EII and I have a few blogs where I think my writing is very good.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because he can espress his thought clearly and in writing that doesn't make him IEI; he needs to show Ni and Ti.

Minde writes well, she's EII and I have a few blogs where I think my writing is very good.
    I was referring more to what he thinks of the literature than to his writing style. He gets into the soul of the literature that he reads, and communicates that in what he writes on this forum [admittedly he wouldn't be able to communicate it if he had horrible writing abilities]. I think that the way that he responds to the literature that he reads is distinctly IEI.

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I was referring more to what he thinks of the literature than to his writing style. He gets into the soul of the literature that he reads, and communicates that in what he writes on this forum [admittedly he wouldn't be able to communicate it if he had horrible writing abilities]. I think that the way that he responds to the literature that he reads is distinctly IEI.
    So what? there's no correlation to type and loving literature.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamicism View Post
    It's not about writing well in and of itself—its the qualitative way in which he writes well. If you compare Chris's writing to an INFj writer of equivalent ability, the two will feel completely different from one another.
    He neither writes like INFj nor INFp
    -

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But in what they love the literature for, there is a definite correlation. Also, there would be correlations of liking particular works (or categories) of literature to type, since the authors' various styles would be type-related.

LII-Ne

- Blair Houghton

Johari

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

But in what they love the literature for, there is a definite correlation. Also, there would be correlations of liking particular works (or categories) of literature to type, since the authors' various styles would be type-related.
    What I am saying here is that no time have I seen him use Ti...It's his activation function, where is proof of him using it?

You're picking one small thing to type him as IEI? That makes no sense to me.
    -

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't pretend to have any knowledge of statistics.

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree, silverchris, that you do tend to give an altogether different impression from the other IEIs on this board. You have a more peaceful, almost zen-like quality that I think BnD was trying to describe. Your posts project an air of refinement and sophistication which is absent with the other IEIs. I suppose it could brushed off as a matter of education, but it seems deeper than that.

However, I think this may be more related to subtype than anything else. I've noticed it with ILIs as well -- there are cynical, crass ILIs, and soft-spoken, gentle ILIs. I rather suspect the Irrational subtype is the "soft" one, and the Rational the "hard", but I've not yet collected enough data to be sure of that.
    Quaero Veritas.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krig the Viking View Post
    I agree, silverchris, that you do tend to give an altogether different impression from the other IEIs on this board. You have a more peaceful, almost zen-like quality that I think BnD was trying to describe. Your posts project an air of refinement and sophistication which is absent with the other IEIs. I suppose it could brushed off as a matter of education, but it seems deeper than that.

However, I think this may be more related to subtype than anything else. I've noticed it with ILIs as well -- there are cynical, crass ILIs, and soft-spoken, gentle ILIs. I rather suspect the Irrational subtype is the "soft" one, and the Rational the "hard", but I've not yet collected enough data to be sure of that.
    He does not have the pessimism of ILI's.

Look for Ni and Ti.
    -

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krig the Viking View Post

I'm guessing DCNH harmonizing subtype? Thoughts?
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I am saying here is that no time have I seen him use Ti...It's his activation function, where is proof of him using it?
    So you type him ENFp?

You're picking one small thing to type him as IEI? That makes no sense to me.
    Well... that one small thing is about all I notice about him. It's more like one big thing. Okay, I'm willing to acknowledge that I may be missing other important points about him; still, I don't think that never noticing him using his alleged super-id is much of an argument. Never seeing him use his alleged ego, or seeing him use his alleged super-ego, would be interesting, but I think that every function in the vital ring could easily go either way (perhaps with the exception of the suggestive function, which should be rather weak).

Have you noticed anything else suggesting that he is not INFp?

LII-Ne

- Blair Houghton

Johari

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is with all this bullshit lately?

BulletsandDoves is certainly not EII, and certainly not LSE, just like Gilley is not LSE.

Because SilverChris is not a flaming, extravagant, or overly emotional IEI stereotype and actually knows his shit about socionics, doesn't mean he's EII.

This is ridiculous.

Now, I haven't had much one on one conversation with him so what I'm saying is relatively superficial, but, even then, this seems kind of silly. If you are really thinking you're delta or some other type, I'll gladly try to talk with and interact with you more, Chris. But thus far, I think not.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Do you people know or understand how common it is for my duals to type themselves as INFp?

RYU typed himself as INFp in MBTI
    Shorebreaker VI's as ESTj but typed himself as INFp

Maybe you guys are attaching somesort of negative connotations to Te and refuse to relate to it...I have observed put downs to Te descriptions, like they are automotons and too rigid and stuff that doesn't even relate to that function. They have Fe as their role function, they can be just as funny as Fe types and they value Fi, they have lots of internal emotions and even like drama.

Observe your environments...do you like to keep things neat, clean, and organize?

Not everyone has the time to maintain these environments and some LSE I know, get frustrated with cleaning because they complain that every time they start they find a lot to do and they can't seem to pull themselves away from the tasks they begin.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 06-18-2010 at 04:27 AM.
    -

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you people know or understand how common it is for my duals to type themselves as INFp?

RYU typed himself as INFp in MBTI
    Shorebreaker VI's as ESTj but typed himself as INFp

Maybe you guys are attaching somesort of negative connotations to Te and refuse to relate to it...I have observed put downs to Te descriptions, like they are automotons and too rigid and stuff that doesn't even relate to that function. They have Fe as their role function, they can be just as funny as Fe types and they value Fi, they have lots of internal emotions and even like drama.

Observe your environments...do you like to keep things neat, clean, and organize?

Not everyone has the time to maintain these environments and some LSE I know, get frustrated with cleaning because they complain that every time they start they find a lot to do and they can't seem to pull themselves away from the tasks they begin.
    What? That's entirely false. I've never typed myself as an ethical type.

And i should slap myself if I were to say that i typed myself as XXXx anything in MBTI, going against something I always point out for other people in that XXXX is MBTI and XXXx is socionics.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    What? That's entirely false. I've never typed myself as an ethical type.

And i should slap myself if I were to say that i typed myself as XXXx anything in MBTI, going against something I always point out for other people in that XXXX is MBTI and XXXx is socionics.
    you posted your mbti type in the delta lounge a while ago. it may still be there..it's a poster of INFp.
    -

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you posted your mbti type in the delta lounge a while ago. it may still be there..it's a poster of INFp.
    Show it to me so I can comment on it, I don't know what you're talking about.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aiss View Post
    OK. So, I'm going to say it after all... since you've mentioned NT as an option, I suppose it's a clue to go on. Several times now - the first a few months ago - I thought you are the other Ni dominant. There were several reasons - the way you write as opposed to other IEIs, the way you don't seem to have Te-PoLR (and react to Te with Ti-HA), which is something I usually stumble over in discussion with IEIs, somehow focus on logic, but not absolute, which I'd associate with Ti (I imagine this might be the "core" B&D speaks about; I sure see it in some IEIs as absolutism), and what you've said about your relation with LSE claiming conflict can be overcome sounded more like supervision to me. In this last case, I considered suggesting the person was mistyped but decided against it since you seemed pretty close to and sure about the types of people involved, but later it made sense it might be you. Each time, I wasn't going to say anything since I can hardly imagine how you could have mistyped as Fe-ego if this was the case. Although aixel apparently was there, so it's possible. But you also seem to have an understanding of information elements, which would probably make it more likely that you self-type right and you'd realize it if you were indeed weak at Feeling; on top of that, starting a type debate wasn't something I wanted anyway, since real life and forum persona may be very different things and if you say you're Fe-subtype and 4w3, you have probably some good reasons for that. So, I suppose it's not something to be taken too seriously, but at the same time I needed to say it.
    I like this post.

I dunno, I've always been tight with ILIs. I would consider ILI much sooner and much more thoroughly than I would consider IEE. But I do think that I am too interested in displaying my emotions and manipulating others' to really consider an Fe-polr type. Unless something is seriously wrong with me. I do consider emotional expression an inherent good, and emotional suppression an inherent evil, or at least, not to be desired under ordinary circumstances. On the other hand, my SLE friend does not consider emotional expression an inherent good, and the only other type he could really be is ILE (i.e., still Fe valuing), so maybe that isn't as much evidence as I'd like to think. Also, I believe that both baby and hkkmr have pointed out that some of my biases in thinking could be attributed or related to Te-polr, and I agree with that analysis, although I am glad I hide it well, apparently. Do I react to Te with Ti? How?

I think that the way that he responds to the literature that he reads is distinctly IEI.
    As God is my witness I fervently hope and pray that this is false.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ananke View Post
    why not E9? You seem very light for an IEI E4, a bit like B&D says. Maybe you are just very healthy, but then, what are you doing here so much? I remember pressing you a bit for dark side answers, and you didn't answer. Why not?
    Now that I'm at home, because I lack teenagers to play with. Smart teenagers. And during college, it was to avoid work.

Maybe I'm not E4. I would consider that much more likely than me not being IEI. Could you perhaps provide some more evidence or information pointing towards another enneagram type, if you have time/energy/care? Or just point me towards some good resources? I would genuinely consider the possibility that I am mistaken on my Etype (that is, it would take less evidence for me to begin serious investigations as to my etype than for me to start questioning my socioincs/psychological type).

My "dark side" is sort of pressed into service already writing poetry. What did you want me to say? I wrote answers to those questions, but never posted them.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dude if you're going to consider any other type, then a really Ni focused ILI. I can't see you as anything else really. But I know you're just canvassing opinions and possibly getting a narcissistic thrill out of this, like we all have at some point.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how about honorary EII?

I'd go for that.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've always wanted type opinions! (Even though I'm almost certainly not going to change my mind). Am I delta? If so, why? Is it obvious that I'm NF, or do you consider NT? In other words, talk about me because I love to hear about myself. (<---not ironic)
    You have a very full beard.
    ISTp
    SLI

Enneagram 5 with a side of wings.

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't have time to respond, lengthily, b/c I have to get back to work, but just wanted to say, I consider all discussion of my person both fascinating and gratifying, and feel that it should continue.
    lol
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I PM'd it to you
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...6-post317.html

sweetcakes dear, if you look at that post, and the preceding one, they contain humorous portraits of the types. They are not indicative of what my type actually is; I posted them because they are funny.

see also:

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now, I haven't had much one on one conversation with him so what I'm saying is relatively superficial, but, even then, this seems kind of silly. If you are really thinking you're delta or some other type, I'll gladly try to talk with and interact with you more, Chris. But thus far, I think not.
    Whether or not a person gets on with Ryu is not proof of them being Delta or otherwise.
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by warrior-librarian View Post
    I'm guessing DCNH harmonizing subtype? Thoughts?
    My first instinct would be Creative, but I don't have a distinct enough mental picture of the IEI subtypes to be sure. Plus, determining these things from pure text is always fraught with peril. But yeah, very likely an Irrational subtype, anyway.
    Quaero Veritas.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're my dual.
    ?

:hump:

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

?

:hump:
    I don't get that emoticon....
    -

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast