Thread: Kevin Hart (Stand-Up Comic)

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Kevin Hart (Stand-Up Comic)

This is a fella I would guess is SEE. He's quite funny and my favorite comic at the moment. What do you think?

Easy Day

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Hart_(actor)

I'm actually second guessing myself a bit with regards to his type. On the one had he's very self depreciating, but most of his stuff is too grounded in reality for me to think NF but I suppose it could be a possibility.

EDIT: It looks like he's going to be in the next scary movie, those movies are hilarious.
    Easy Day

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Holy shit, it is one 1:12:11 long.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Holy shit, it is one 1:12:11 long.
    Yeah, most comedy specials are at least an hour. Here's a interview where he's being completely ridiculous in the best possible way.

Easy Day

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Don't listen to that, you're going go bonkers if you haven't already.

This is one and true, only comedy:

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't listen to that, you're going go bonkers if you haven't already.

This is one and true, only comedy:

Shut up Absurd! I'm trying to get a type on Kevin Hart here. We can do Jack Dee later.
    Easy Day

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JWC3 View Post
    Shut up Absurd! I'm trying to get a type on Kevin Hart here. We can do Jack Dee later.
    I'm not interested in Dee's nor Hart's type. I said it is one and true, only comedy. If I were interested in the first place, then I would pop those shitty threads with those idiotic polls in them asking completely useless questions ad-infinitium.

"Oh what his type and what is she? How can I grow an inch?"

My answer is 11.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not interested in Dee's nor Hart's type. I said it is one and true, only comedy.
    *Throws Jack Dee into Mount Doom* Can we get back to Kevin Hart now?
    Easy Day

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

*Throws Jack Dee into Mount Doom* Can we get back to Kevin Hart now?
    No sense of humour whatsoever.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

mmm SLI most likely

I'm actually second guessing myself a bit with regards to his type. On the one had he's very self depreciating, but most of his stuff is too grounded in reality for me to think NF but I suppose it could be a possibility.
    sensing IP type seems fitting ... the self-deprecating approach coincides with IP temperament and the groundedness with sensing ego - SLI, he's got typical body language of this type and a look in his eyes that is very concretely focused and withdrawn into itself (introverted) ... probably Si-subtype

he is relaying a lot of sensing information but it's looks like Si kind of sensing ... it's like detached or something ... he's is projecting how something would feel like on physical plane, but it's from his subjective pov ... it's as if he is running simulations in his mind of what something might feel like without getting directly involved himself, which is typical for IPs

in 20 minutes he got like two lols out of me, so superego would make sense, I usually find SEEs way more involving

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    mmm SLI most likely

sensing IP type seems fitting ... the self-deprecating approach coincides with IP temperament and the groundedness with sensing ego - SLI, he's got typical body language of this type and a look in his eyes that is very concretely focused and withdrawn into itself (introverted) ... probably Si-subtype

he is relaying a lot of sensing information but it's looks like Si kind of sensing ... it's like detached or something ... he's is projecting how something would feel like on physical plane, but it's from his subjective pov ... it's as if he is running simulations in his mind of what something might feel like without getting directly involved himself, which is typical for IPs

in 20 minutes he got like two lols out of me, so superego would make sense, I usually find SEEs way more involving
    I think he's fairly Fe aware to be SLI. For example when he's talking about how his family looks like a circus and that pisses him off, that's something I doubt an SLI would care about or notice.
    Easy Day

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

He's not funny at all. All he's doing is cussing.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I think he's fairly Fe aware to be SLI. For example when he's talking about how his family looks like a circus and that pisses him off, that's something I doubt an SLI would care about or notice.
    He is making those statements in reference to himself though, placing emphasis on how it makes him feel, rather than estimating how it might affect others or referring to how it might affect some external network of relations between people. That sounds a lot like Fi to me.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He is making those statements in reference to himself though, placing emphasis on how it makes him feel, rather than estimating how it might affect others or referring to how it might affect some external network of relations between people. That sounds a lot like Fi to me.
    Sure, which is why I think SEE is a good fit.
    Easy Day

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Sure, which is why I think SEE is a good fit.
    I'd agree to him being Fi valuing and irrational type, but what makes you think SEE and not SLI? I'm not picking up any Fi-creative from this guy - he's rather easy-going and smooth and like you have already noted self-deprecating in parts which coincides better with IP temperament.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd agree to him being Fi valuing and irrational type, but what makes you think SEE and not SLI? I'm not picking up any Fi-creative from this guy - he's rather easy-going and smooth and like you have already noted self-deprecating in parts which coincides better with IP temperament.
    Well on the one hand your right. I do think a lot of IP comedians are excessively self depreciating Mike Birbiglia for example is a comedian I would think of as SEI and he often makes fun of his own lack of social skills. The difference here I think is that Hart is much more forward about it to a certain extent and he only really makes fun of his own height which could come from being short his whole life and hearing those jokes made about him or could just be an Se-esq assessment of his physical characteristics. Beyond that though I don't view him as self depreciating, like when he's talking about how he isn't a fighter I don't view that as him making fun of himself so much as him using characteristics he possesses for humor if that makes any sense. He's not poking fun at his flaws, he's imagining situations where one would want to be a fighter, putting himself in them, and then giving us the comic result of trying to justify his want to not fight. Instead of giving us "It sucks that I'm not a fighter" he gives us "I'm a great witness".

As far as him being smooth and easy going, I think his presentation on stage is him being a performer so I understand why his persona might seem a little different than it actually is. I don't think he's near as collected in real life though, most of his jokes are about how angry or riled up things make him, his jokes also contain a fair amount of humor about how competitive he is as well as him being excessively fearful at other times. I think the content of his jokes belie someone who is very emotional and fairly varied in those emotions. To some extent he also seems to sort of re-express those emotions while he's telling the joke, a more Fe-ish behavior I know, but for that reason I would give him strong but un-valued Fe since like you said he always relates his emotions back to himself.

I think he does seem like a fairly easy going dude, I get the impression that I would love to spend time with him, but I also think there is a fair amount of emotional expression in his face specifically that relates back really well to the subject matter of the joke and how he felt about it. You could compare this to a comedian like Jim Gaffigan whose type I haven't thought about yet but he's very inexpressive and unemotional when he performs, he wears the same facial expression almost the entire time.
    Last edited by JWC3; 05-20-2012 at 09:00 PM.
    Easy Day

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post

Down with JWC3 comedians. Straight on, DA.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Down with JWC3 comedians. Straight on, DA.
    Easy Day

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    http://comedians.jokes.com/kevin-har...ission-to-cuss
    Last edited by JWC3; 05-21-2012 at 12:16 AM.
    Easy Day

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

No worries, I got your back...

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No worries, I got your back...
    You're so the same type as one of my best friends in HS.
    Easy Day

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You're so the same type as one of my best friends in HS.
    That's three not one.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Kevin Hart

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLI or SEI

TIM
    SLE-C; E864 SX-SO
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LeaderLightChange View Post
    SLI or SEI
    For some strange reason, you type a lot of celebs as SEI; though they occupy a sizeable chunk of the population, they are probably the least of all types to be a "celeb" proper.

Kevin Hart is a SEE.

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEE
    ・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

High energy = usually not an introvert.

Kevin Hart, high, oscillating energy levels. Ramps up with excitement- sign of an irrational temperament.

EP. Overtly observational/first hand narrative comedy. Se likely. First hand experience - doesnt act like SLE. Too much control/finesse with Fe.

SEE is a good guess.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

TIM
    SLE
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kill4Me View Post
    I don't get your typings you never explain why you just say your thing like its end and done I think Kevin hart is an SEE

TIM
    SLE Sx/So
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister12 View Post
    I don't get your typings you never explain why you just say your thing like its end and done I think Kevin hart is an SEE
    nobody does, just assume they're satire

I thought Hart was ILE but that's the positivist EP I'm seeing I suppose, SEE fits