Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What could my letters be?

I started telling a bit about myself in my intro thread, it went like

Quote Originally Posted by woofwoofl View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by splash View Post
    Woofwoofwoof or whatever his name is said Alpha and it does sound like me but the types don't really fit. ILE looked too mean, SEI too Fluttershy and the two others too extroverted and introverted.

I'll learn about how it works before trying to find my type though. Otherwise it would be useless.
    Ah yes - a My Little Pony reference *tosses splash in Alpha with the other My Little Pony enthusiasts*

Have you considered ESE yet? Aside from you giving off mega Alpha Quadra vibes, I'm picking up Extratim and Positivist from you big time... that, alone, doesn't cement you as ESE; ILE's still open if I'm right about all of those, but I think you're ESE (Pinkie Pie from My Little Pony has been determined as ESE, so you'll go over really well here I think)
    Haha. I'd be more of a mix between Twilight Sparkle and Rainbow Dash. Ponies should always be the number one method in whatever you're doing.

On the quadras, I relate the most to Alpha. Next is Beta (I especially relate to the part trying to bring people to the group. I can't stand seeing someone who looks rejected. Even if they're doing it on purpose. Yet, I'm not really a big group person lol)

I'm not sure what the difference between the two is.

Gamma and Delta look boring.

On the types, ESE and ILE are both possibilities, but I'm not very sure.
    It may look like weird questions, but what is the difference between Alpha and Beta and the difference between ILE and ESE ?

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I started telling a bit about myself in my intro thread, it went like

Haha. I'd be more of a mix between Twilight Sparkle and Rainbow Dash. Ponies should always be the number one method in whatever you're doing.

On the quadras, I relate the most to Alpha. Next is Beta (I especially relate to the part trying to bring people to the group. I can't stand seeing someone who looks rejected. Even if they're doing it on purpose. Yet, I'm not really a big group person lol)

I'm not sure what the difference between the two is.

Gamma and Delta look boring.

On the types, ESE and ILE are both possibilities, but I'm not very sure.
    It may look like weird questions, but what is the difference between Alpha and Beta and the difference between ILE and ESE ?
    I think you should post this in "general discussion."

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Deltas are not boring. Extraverted Delta types are quite fun. They come up with many ideas and they like many different activities. They have lively humor and entertain our introverts quite well.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a whats my type thread lulz.

Relevant Quadra Info:
    http://www.socionics.us/theory/quadras.shtml (Quoting Alpha excerpt)
    blocked with
    Types from the Alpha Quadra enjoy freely exchanging new ideas and theories as a form of intellectual leisure. They like to systematize knowledge and create new categories and speculative hypotheses without necessarily intending to see their theories tested or implemented (subdued extraverted logic).

blocked with
    This quadra enjoys carefree emotional expression and sensory delights and is able to derive never-ending pleasure from simple things — funny stories, exotic dishes, family picnics and group outings, and visual and performing arts.
    As far as ILE v ESE goes the first would be "better" with ideas/theories and the second with expression/sensoryDelights although both enjoy both
    http://www.socioniko.net/en/articles/lytovs-intro3.html (Quoting the whole thing cause its short)

Duality and Quadras

The Quadra is the group of 4 types linked with the relationships of duality, mirror and activation. It is simple: let us take, for example, the type intuitive-logical extravert. His strongest functions are extraverted intuition and introverted logic. If we take the same functions in the reverse order, it will be the logical-intuitive introvert. And then, we will add the duals of these types, i.e., sensory-ethical introvert and ethical-sensory extravert.

What is the Quadra? This is a group of COMMON VITAL VALUES. The Quadra is something more than just a sum of 4 types: in communication within a Quadra, they obtain some new characteristics in addition to what we learned from the descriptions of these 4 types. It is like NaCl in chemistry, which is not a mixture of Na and Cl but something different.

There are 4 quadras. In socionics, they are referred to by Greek letters (Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta) or by numbers (1, 2, 3 and 4).

It is interesting to watch the role of Quadras in history. The first Quadra (the types Seeker, Mediator, Bonvivant and Analyst) usually begins reforms but never succeeds in their completion – for this it is not enough decisive. The intuitive types of this Quadra are often known as dreamers-idealists, such as Einstein or Sakharov, while sensory types are known as leaders of amorphous regimes, not democratic, but also too mild to be called dictatorships – such as Dimitrov, Arafat, Nikita Khrushchev.

The second Quadra very rarely invents its own ideas – it rather implements already invented ideas, often with “decisiveness” that sometimes turns into cruelty. This quadra, on the one hand, is full of romantic writers and religious authorities (intuitive types) and successful military commanders and managers (sensory types), but it is also known for many dictators – in fact, most of dictators whose biographies have been studied by socionists had belonged to the types of the 2nd Quadra: ******, Ceausescu, Hussein, Lenin, Pinochet etc.

The third Quadra is similar to the 2nd quadra for its voluntarism and belief that “competition decides everything!”, but it is much milder by its methods than the 2nd Quadra. The intuitive types of this quadra are practice-focused intellectuals who develop methods instead of hypotheses – such as Newton (he often said “I never invent hypotheses!”), Bill Gates, etc. And sensory types of this quadra are often successful politicians – such as Silvio Berlusconi, Jacques Chirac, Richard Nixon etc.

The fourth Quadra can be called Perfectionists. Intuitive types of this Quadra are very attentive to all manifestation of people's talents, examples –Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Mark Twain; and sensory types of this quadra are perfect in “getting big results without making much movements and noise”, examples – Margaret Thatcher, Helmuth Kohl, etc. Politicians of the 4th quadra are successful in stable societies.
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Deltas are not boring. Extraverted Delta types are quite fun. They come up with many ideas and they like many different activities. They have lively humor and entertain our introverts quite well.
    No, we're boring!

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Crispy View Post
    It's a whats my type thread lulz.

Relevant Quadra Info:
    http://www.socionics.us/theory/quadras.shtml (Quoting Alpha excerpt)
    blocked with
    Types from the Alpha Quadra enjoy freely exchanging new ideas and theories as a form of intellectual leisure. They like to systematize knowledge and create new categories and speculative hypotheses without necessarily intending to see their theories tested or implemented (subdued extraverted logic).

blocked with
    This quadra enjoys carefree emotional expression and sensory delights and is able to derive never-ending pleasure from simple things — funny stories, exotic dishes, family picnics and group outings, and visual and performing arts.
    As far as ILE v ESE goes the first would be "better" with ideas/theories and the second with expression/sensoryDelights although both enjoy both
    http://www.socioniko.net/en/articles/lytovs-intro3.html (Quoting the whole thing cause its short)

Duality and Quadras

The Quadra is the group of 4 types linked with the relationships of duality, mirror and activation. It is simple: let us take, for example, the type intuitive-logical extravert. His strongest functions are extraverted intuition and introverted logic. If we take the same functions in the reverse order, it will be the logical-intuitive introvert. And then, we will add the duals of these types, i.e., sensory-ethical introvert and ethical-sensory extravert.

What is the Quadra? This is a group of COMMON VITAL VALUES. The Quadra is something more than just a sum of 4 types: in communication within a Quadra, they obtain some new characteristics in addition to what we learned from the descriptions of these 4 types. It is like NaCl in chemistry, which is not a mixture of Na and Cl but something different.

There are 4 quadras. In socionics, they are referred to by Greek letters (Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta) or by numbers (1, 2, 3 and 4).

It is interesting to watch the role of Quadras in history. The first Quadra (the types Seeker, Mediator, Bonvivant and Analyst) usually begins reforms but never succeeds in their completion – for this it is not enough decisive. The intuitive types of this Quadra are often known as dreamers-idealists, such as Einstein or Sakharov, while sensory types are known as leaders of amorphous regimes, not democratic, but also too mild to be called dictatorships – such as Dimitrov, Arafat, Nikita Khrushchev.

The second Quadra very rarely invents its own ideas – it rather implements already invented ideas, often with “decisiveness” that sometimes turns into cruelty. This quadra, on the one hand, is full of romantic writers and religious authorities (intuitive types) and successful military commanders and managers (sensory types), but it is also known for many dictators – in fact, most of dictators whose biographies have been studied by socionists had belonged to the types of the 2nd Quadra: ******, Ceausescu, Hussein, Lenin, Pinochet etc.

The third Quadra is similar to the 2nd quadra for its voluntarism and belief that “competition decides everything!”, but it is much milder by its methods than the 2nd Quadra. The intuitive types of this quadra are practice-focused intellectuals who develop methods instead of hypotheses – such as Newton (he often said “I never invent hypotheses!”), Bill Gates, etc. And sensory types of this quadra are often successful politicians – such as Silvio Berlusconi, Jacques Chirac, Richard Nixon etc.

The fourth Quadra can be called Perfectionists. Intuitive types of this Quadra are very attentive to all manifestation of people's talents, examples –Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Mark Twain; and sensory types of this quadra are perfect in “getting big results without making much movements and noise”, examples – Margaret Thatcher, Helmuth Kohl, etc. Politicians of the 4th quadra are successful in stable societies.

The problem is that I sadly am not a dictator, making this harder to relate to. I understand it may be a bit weird since most of the people here are very famous artists or politicians, but I'm just an average human in a basement. Is there any kind of description fitting for the kind of weirdo that I am?

Do I kind of look like a Beta? Or really Alpha? I wanna be an Alpha male. Plz!

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

The problem is that I sadly am not a dictator ...
    that is indeed an issue, but nothing you cannot correct in the next couple of years - go and take over a country, then we can work on your type

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am back after conquering a few countries. I don't know a lot about the functions but here's how I relate to what I know of them.

Se
    - I'm pretty domineering, but I'm not bossy. I'm not really the kind of person who sets goals then achieve them. I set things-that-could-be-cool-to-do, work hard towards them until I decide it's boring and I do something else more interesting. I'm more of a jack-of-all-trades. I'm not really interested in power for its own sake, but power has its advantages. I can be a bit agressive and pushy, but I'm not that bad.

Ne
    - I'm very imaginative and creative. I'm willing to try anything because I'm afraid I could miss on a possibility. I see potential in everything and I don't really consider anything a lost cause. I'm a bit stubborn. xD I sometimes give me unnecessary pressure to be original.

Si
    - I like comfort. I'm not obsessed with it, but it's very important to me. I'm also very hedonistic. I want to be free, like the dude from Braveheart. I'm a 7 on the enneagram. I'm all about enjoying the present moment and small pleasures rather than working your ass off to get some new TV when you already have one that you barely watch.

Ni
    - Too weird for me. I am pretty realistic. If I really want something, I won't daydream about it. I'll work to get it. Doesn't mean I never daydream about being a wizard.

Fi
    - I'm not really sure if I got what this one is about. But I really suck at knowing what people think of me. I think I usually come off as silly/goofy, but I most of the time have no clue if people like me or not lol.

Fe
    - I usually try to light up the atmosphere. I don't like people who are fake though. Again, not because of the sake of fakeness, but because they tend to have no depth whatsoever and you never know if they're telling the truth or not. I also don't like people who are loud and who are obsessed with all the traditional politeness (e.g. omg dont put ur elbows on the table)

Ti
    - I need things to make sense to me. I HATE doing something if I don't understand the purpose or if I simply don't get it. I ask a lot of questions on everything. I value knowledge a lot. I argue a lot.

Te
    - I don't get this one. It looks boring.

I obviously don't know much about the functions, but I don't have time to read more now so I'm waiting for you to correct me and call me ignorant to boost your ego

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If that post was a socionics test the results would be ENTp/ILE.
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't relate that much to ILE.
    I'm a bit more emotional, less theory-oriented and more people-oriented than the descriptions say. The functions seem to fit but... idk I'm not sure.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm, just read some Alpha-SF descrips then, here's some:
    http://www.sociotype.com/socionics/types/ESE-ESFj/
    http://www.sociotype.com/socionics/types/SEI-ISFp/

If neither of those seem to fit you can try the Alpha NT ones or find some other functions to relate to
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

TIM
    Alpha NT?
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Try reading the following text (from the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy).

A common feature of our world seems to be that in all cases of causation, the cause and the effect are placed in time so that the cause precedes its effect temporally. Our normal understanding of causation assumes this feature to such a degree that we intuitively have great difficulty imagining things differently. The notion of backward causation, however, stands for the idea that the temporal order of cause and effect is a mere contingent feature and that there may be cases where the cause is causally prior to its effect but where the temporal order of the cause and effect is reversed with respect to normal causation, i.e. there may be cases where the effect temporally, but not causally, precedes its cause.

The idea of backward causation should not be confused with that of time travel. These two notions are related to the extent that both agree that it is possible to causally affect the past. The difference, however, is that time travel involves a causal loop whereas backward causation does not. Causal loops for their part can only occur in a universe in which one has closed time-like curves. In contrast, backward causation may take place in a world where there are no such closed time-like curves. In other words, an ordinary system S taking part in time travel would preserve the temporal order of its proper time during its travel, it would keep the same time sense during its entire flight (a watch measuring S's proper time would keep moving clockwise); but if the same system S were to become involved in a process of backward causation, the order of its proper time would have to reverse in the sense that the time sense of the system would become opposite of what it was before its back-in-time travel (the watch will start to move counter-clockwise). So neither backward causation nor time travel logically entails each other and time travel is distinct from back-in-time travel.
    Does the phenomenon being discussed strike you as being potentially interesting, or useless intellectual hogwash? Is the explanation that is presented understandable? For example, can you explain precisely why the watch will move counter-clockwise when subject to backwards causation? Also, supposing it is understandable, would you be able to present a simplified version of it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks everyone for your answers.

I'm very sure I'm not SEI. I'm too agressive and I can be a bit conflict-seeking.
    ESE is a possibility. But I'm not that much extroverted and I'm not that expressive. But I really try to maintain a good atmosphere and things like that. I said I'm more emotional than ILE but I don't consider myself very emotional either.

"SEs typically focus on the tasks, people, relationships, experiences directly in front of them, seeing little reason to question its purpose, impact, or meaning. "
    is not true. Especially when I'm not going well. I start seeing hidden meanings everywhere (often ending in a lot of "NO ONE LIKES ME!") Then after this is done I find myself very illogical lol.

The ILE Fi "Unstable in maintaining psychological distance. May have trouble making clear attraction. Can hide their personal sentiments when pushed and avoids the public examination of their desires. ILE's tend to be unaware of how others view them relationship wise, unstable in levels of trust. View relationships skeptically unless legitimized. This can result in a mistrust of others and a general wariness regarding others' opinions of them, potentially causing irrational behaviors based on misconceptions in this area. They appreciate people who can reassure them of the status of a relationship."

I value relationships a lot. I usually watch what I say and I'm careful not to hurt anyone.

This post is a bit disorganized but I'm too lazy to fix it.

@Begoner This is cool, but it can't be applied in the real world and looks like its made by a bunch of crazy scientists on crack. It's useless. And a bit boring lol.
    I would rather read on something that I know exists (like planets or whatever) or a theory that has some application or that you can at least observe (like socionics here) than this...thing. But I'm not english so that's a bit why I had troubles reading it.

TIM
    Alpha NT?
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Begoner This is cool, but it can't be applied in the real world and looks like its made by a bunch of crazy scientists on crack. It's useless. And a bit boring lol.
    I would rather read on something that I know exists (like planets or whatever) or a theory that has some application or that you can at least observe (like socionics here) than this...thing. But I'm not english so that's a bit why I had troubles reading it.
    The reason I asked was because I thought you might be IEE; had you liked the very -heavy text, I would certainly have been wrong. However, I take it that you're not a fan of speculations about the possible bi-directionality of causality in a temporal sense, so IEE remains an option. Is there anything that makes you think you're not IEE?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I relate to IEE too.

But this part

IEEs’ strong Introverted Ethics implies a natural ability to create a friendly, open, sincere atmosphere where people can freely demonstrate their innate traits (which serves their central Ne interests). They shun feelings of social awkwardness and easily acquire the skill of making people feel comfortable and accepted. They effectively use their warm and genuine smile and maintain the optimal psychological distance with the people they communicate with. This means purposely limiting contact and one-on-one situations with some people as well as pursuing personal contact with others where there is potential in the relationship that needs to be developed.

I'm usually the one who's not feeling very accepted or comfortable. I don't even know if I'm liked or accepted. Is that vulnerable Fi ??

IEE is definitely another possibility though.

This:

"IEEs will demonstrate inconsistent behavioral patterns to the objective, outside world. But to the IEE, these behavioral patterns are as a result of a relativist view of how they make their decisions. For example, an IEE might be steadfastly against going to a particular branch of a bank to deposit a check that is easily accessible and only 2 miles away, but is perfectly content going to a different branch of the same bank that is 25 miles away and requires a roundabout route to get there. To the outside world this would not make sense; why not just go to the branch that is easier to access that can handle the same function? But to the IEE, this does not matter. Something at the closer branch bothers the IEE enough to justify going to the further one. Maybe a particular person works there that the IEE wants to avoid, maybe one time the IEE did something embarrassing while at the closer branch and they are embarrassed to show their face again. Regardless of the reason, the IEE will justify circumstances to dictate the decisions they make in their behavioral patterns. "

I relate too. But most of the time I'll go like "Why did he do this? It's stupid. Oh, but maybe...*IEE invicible explaination"

And I relate more to alpha than delta, but they're not very far.
    Beta and Gamma I don't relate.

Could you see ILE in what you know from me?

TIM
    Alpha NT?
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm usually the one who's not feeling very accepted or comfortable. I don't even know if I'm liked or accepted. Is that vulnerable Fi ??
    Yeah, you're right, and this is problematic in itself. If you're an ethical type, you can't really have "vulnerable" ; on the other hand, you say you're more people-oriented than the typical ILE, and you don't seem to place that much value on , so that suggests that you are an ethical type after all. Also, I don't know if this is generally true of ILEs, but the ones I know seem impervious to others' opinions of them -- they might not know if they are liked or accepted, but they plow through regardless. You don't seem to share this devil-may-care insouciance.

And I relate more to alpha than delta, but they're not very far.
    Beta and Gamma I don't relate.
    Yeah -- I think what's most clear is that you value .

Could you see ILE in what you know from me?
    Definitely -- it's unlikely that you're IEE if you're not very comfortable with relationships, and there are only so many possible types you can be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sometimes I get really paranoid when my relationships dont work as they should.
    Like when they dont talk to me I tend to think "Zomg they dont like me anymore" and go a bit paranoid/emo. If I send a call to someone saying "Hey we should see each other", the person says like "Yeah, I'll call you when I'll can" and never calls back I go even more paranoid/emo. Things like that.

I know it's stupid and a bit illogical, but I cant help myself.

Is it indicative of sucky Fi?

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I am back after conquering a few countries. ...

see which temperament and romance style you can relate to the best: http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.p...EP_temperament
    likewise see if you're static or dynamic: http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.p...ic_and_dynamic

ESE would be dynamic, EJ, caregiver
    ILE would be static, EP, infantile

Quote Originally Posted by Begoner View Post
    ...Also, I don't know if this is generally true of ILEs, but the ones I know seem impervious to others' opinions of them -- they might not know if they are liked or accepted, but they plow through regardless. You don't seem to share this devil-may-care insouciance.
    ILEs actually do periodically get these episodes of becoming very worried that others don't like them. Sometimes it happens over the most trite events in which case it does look a lot like paranoia. In this way they are actually similar to SLEs. However they tend to not show it and you might not hear about this unless they consider you a very close friend.

not gonna be around as much anymore
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEEs’ strong Introverted Ethics implies a natural ability to create a friendly, open, sincere atmosphere where people can freely demonstrate their innate traits (which serves their central Ne interests). They shun feelings of social awkwardness and easily acquire the skill of making people feel comfortable and accepted. They effectively use their warm and genuine smile and maintain the optimal psychological distance with the people they communicate with. This means purposely limiting contact and one-on-one situations with some people as well as pursuing personal contact with others where there is potential in the relationship that needs to be developed.

I feel inclined to point out, that the description above does not really say that IEE's themselves cannot feel uncomfortable or unaccepted, but rather that they are good at making other people feel comfortable and accepted.

I am often unsure of myself in a group of friends: do they like me? am I being friendly enough? Most of the time, I can get along pretty well with just about anybody, but at the same time most people don't really seem to want to make a huge effort to hang out with me or get to know me better. This was especially a worry in High School, where social acceptance was more important. I always figured I was not generally disliked, but I never knew how many people truly liked me.

I have been pleasantly surprised more recently by a few of my old classmates who have contacted me through Facebook with Friend requests, and telling how they remember me as a really friendly and pleasant person. This makes me feel bad sometimes, because I don't remember them nearly as well as they seem to remember me.

I have a couple friends who have told me they consider me their best and dearest friend; and this surprises me, because I've hardly made any huge effort to deserve the title; all I've done really is made myself available and responded willingly to calls for help or support, which don't come extremely often. Most of the time I'm just busy going about my own business and taking care of my family.

All this long post, just to say that I wouldn't rule out IEE yet, personally.
    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can a SEI be somewhat blunt, pushy, agressive, domineering and annoying?
    What is Te PoLR like and how is it different from Se PoLR? They look kind of alike.

TIM
    C-IEE Ne (862)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're an ESE, pronounced Essay. Sup holmes.

IEE Ne Creative Type

Some and role lovin too. () I too...
    !!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont really relate to ESE =/

TIM
    C-IEE Ne (862)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Orale vato you're an ESE.

Ok but seriously what type do you relate with then?

IEE Ne Creative Type

!!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No idea lol.

This is the questionnaire from PerC. I originally posted it there for mbti but maybe it can be useful for socionics too?

1. When working on a project where do you place your emphasis? the process of putting it together? or the final product? (Do you experiment with your perspectives to create ideas? )
    If the project is interesting and I'm having fun, I'll put a lot of efforts on the process. If it's boring, I don't care how I do it as long it gets finished the quickest possible.

2. Are you a realist? Are you more of a no nonsense type of person? (I find these people like to call bullshit on everything)
    I tend to be optimistic. I usually think something will work out for the best -> Realize it didn't -> Regret it for five minutes -> Get bored of regretting it -> Move on.

I am not a religious or a spiritual person. I think all this, along with astrology, is plain bullshit. It's all in your head. Get real! I do enjoy daydreaming though, but I can tell what's true and what's not.

3. Would you say you make decisions quickly? or do you take a while coming to a conclusion, because you hope you're not missing some vital information that will change your mind?

I take forever to make decisions because I consider every possibility and I want this decision to be the best. However, once I made a decision, I usually stick with it. I don't like people who change their mind every five minutes.

4. Do you ever experience nostalgia? For instance being able to completely remember a mood of a past experience/time?
    Nostalgia annoys my sheriff star outta me. What is over is over. Get over it.

5. Are you of the rebellious sort? The sort who rebels for no reason other than to rebel against authority?
    I will rebel against the authority if I consider it's wrong, not for the sake of rebelling. I don't really care who's the authority and who's not because I'm self-centered like that.

6. When watching a film and critiquing it? Do you critique it based on details in the film, for instance on how you thought a certain portion of it was un-realistic (or something along those lines) or based on the idea or point they were trying to get across/how well they got it across? (It can be a combination of both sometimes too) (an example would be for example, critiquing Passion of the Christ, do you think the movies retarded because no one can live as long as he did with that much blood loss, or because of the fundamental errors the movie makes when trying to make its point, and the way it tries to connect the audience to that point?)
    Holy crap, that's a long question. I nitpick on details a lot and tend to critique the storyline quite often. But I understand it's a movie and made for the sake of entertainment. The more I enjoy the movie, the less I'll critique it.

7. When debating with others, do you ever get the feeling or state for that matter, that you can see where your opponent is coming from? For instance I have gotten into arguments over things I honestly don't believe (or could care less if it were true), but it all started when someone would tell me about a certain topic and how this certain stance is stupid. Then I would say well, I can see why they'd think that or how it could be possible, then they'd start arguing with me as if I had a stake in it.... Do you feel you do anything like that?
    Yeah, I try to understand my opponent's point of view. I care about the truth, not about who's wrong and who's right.

8. Do you notice symbols in the world, do you ever try and wrap the symbol back to an idea that you believe?
    I can recognize the nazi symbol! I am very proud of myself and my mommy too! But no, I don't care about those "symbols". They're dumb.

9. Are you hurt by criticisms? Do you get personally offended when people try and criticize you? or are you thick skinned?
    I care about who it's coming from more than the criticism itself. If some random stranger randomly came up and said "Hey, you! You suck! Lol!"... yeah fuck you.

I very very rarely take it personal though. Again, except if it's from someone I care about a lot.

10. Say for example your learning about cameras in school, would you be more inclined to go home right away and read a whole shit load on cameras so you feel confident in your knowledge of cameras? or would you feel perfectly comfortable when the teacher calls on people to come try it out, to just hop up there and start using it?
    The first answer. Before I'd do the second one, but it's much more fun if you already know a lot about cameras. You can use every super cool function right now. If you used the camera right now it would take forever to use it correctly and you'd have all those annoying people behind you saying "Hey, you! Don't break the camera!". People definitely overestimate the breakilibililibility of objects. Pushing a few buttons that are meant to be pushed won't break anything. /rant

11. When you are out do you worry about how people will interpret any action you take? (sort of in a seinfeld sort of way, where they over analyze actions people make, trying to find their true motivation) Do you feel a sort of pressure from this?
    I don't really care about what people think of me. It's a waste of time. If you don't like me because you think blue doesn't match well with pink, why should I care about someone who's judging me for such stupid details?

12. In a classroom setting do you ever find yourself helping other people out with projects or homework when you see their struggling? Do you do this to make yourself feel more comfortable?
    I have no problems helping people. I think I'm pretty generous.

13. Do you find yourself ranting to your friends about how a certain something could have been done way easier? Or how someone went about doing something (anything like a project,work,etc.) was really stupid and you could have done it way better and in a more simple fashion?
    Yeah. That way they'll do it the right way next time.

14. How does your average day go in general?
    Wake up -> School -> Work/Free time -> Sleep
    Boring. It will be better once I'm done with school.

15. What things do you value the most?
    Courage, fairness, loyalty, awesumness, sense of humor, more awesumness

16. What things bugs you?
    When my computer bugs. I hate it! I also hate anything that's slow. Except snails, they're cool. I don't like superficial people (beer n boobs or fashn n penis nty), people who think they're better than everyone else (I'm the only one who's really better!) and people who fish compliments.

18. How do you evaluate people in general?
    Their intelligence. Intelligence is very wide, btw. Bout five meters.

19. How do you arrive at your decisions?
    I do what's the most logical. I consider other people's feeling (thanks MBTI test for the word) because, even if I don't really show it, care a lot about them <3

20. What factors are you most likely to pay attention to when deciding on things?
    What's the best thing to do.

21. Any peculiarities that you have noticed about your personality?
    I must know everything. This is why I'm on this forum. This is also why I start walking slower when I hear someone on the street saying "Hey, you'll never guess what happened to me".

22. Anything that makes you stand out from other people that you know?
    I dunno. I tend to be a bit outrageous.

23. What do you yourself think are your strengths and weaknesses?
    + Fearless
    - Fearless (x_x)
    + Curious
    - Curious (Dammit)
    + Imaginative
    + I think quick
    + Intelligent
    + Nice
    + Fun/funny
    + Hardworking
    - Physically lazy
    - Somewhat awkward
    - I suck at helping people with their emotions and relationships and stuff
    + Act first think later
    - Act first think later (=/)
    + Organized
    + Not externally organized
    - Too lazy to think of more
    + But I love rainbows

Thanks for your help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bumpy bump

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

LSI or LSE

Do you call your girlfriends, "SWEETY"?

What are you externally organized or not?
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 08-22-2011 at 06:39 AM.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Like when they dont talk to me I tend to think "Zomg they dont like me anymore" and go a bit paranoid/emo. If I send a call to someone saying "Hey we should see each other", the person says like "Yeah, I'll call you when I'll can" and never calls back I go even more paranoid/emo. Things like that.

Yes.

Do you like making rules for how you do things? And sticking to these rules and even letting others know how they should do things?
    -

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with siuntal.. a lot of what you were saying seems like Fe HA.

Banned
    TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can a SEI be somewhat blunt, pushy, agressive, domineering and annoying?
    What is Te PoLR like and how is it different from Se PoLR? They look kind of alike.
    Here is a link. This one shows you Te in various positions.
    http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.p...raverted_logic

This one is Se.
    http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.p...verted_sensing

I'm not sure how you got the idea to describe yourself as 'blunt, pushy,' etc. Did somebody else ever say that about you? If you were a SLE, you might be described that way. An ESE can also occasionally act that way.

I sometimes work with SLEs at McDonald's. I recognize them because they command me to do things. For instance, if I'm standing next to the french fry vats, they will say 'Drop me some fries.' Often, they don't even say please. Because of my type, this is something that sort of annoys me, however there are other people out there who respond very well to that way of saying things. That would be described as 'blunt, pushy,' etc.

The SLE is very comfortable telling somebody else to do something, and sometimes, they will even say these commands out loud while they're talking to themselves, like if they're the one who has to do it, they might command someone else to do it, and then, oddly enough, do it themselves, as a joke. Here's an example. For various reasons, we have to shout down the table (at McDonald's) to tell other people that someone has ordered a ten-piece McNuggets, or whatever. But sometimes, the SLE girls will be down at the end of the table where the nugget boxes are, and they will shout out loud to themselves, 'TEN PIECE! THANK YOU! YOU'RE WELCOME!' as though they are talking back and forth to someone else, and it's their joke.

Meanwhile, the quiet Si types, such as myself, will do *ANYTHING* to avoid commanding another person to do something. I will walk all the way across the entire room, no matter how inconvenient it is, no matter if somebody else is standing right next to whatever I need, and I will get it myself, because I can't stand to command anybody else to do anything at all, to the point where it's ridiculous in the opposite way.

I work with an ESE, and he doesn't usually command other people to do things. He usually runs around and does them himself. He has Si as his second function. All of the Si types that I work with usually do things themselves and try to avoid commanding anyone else to do it. That includes the SEI, ESE, SLI, and LSE. I say 'usually,' not always. Sometimes we have to. But it's a general tendency.

All of the types that have Se are much more comfortable at simply telling other people to do something. Sometimes they say it politely, sometimes they say 'do it when you get a chance,' but overall, they are still more comfortable commanding or requesting for others to do something.

So if you are 'blunt and pushy' you could possibly be LSI or SLE.

Banned
    TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes.

Do you like making rules for how you do things? And sticking to these rules and even letting others know how they should do things?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    I agree with siuntal.. a lot of what you were saying seems like Fe HA.
    I might agree with both of those. If you have a weakness of Fi, it makes you sort of distrusting of your relationships. You don't know if people are friends or enemies, and even if they liked you yesterday, you don't know if they still like you anymore today.

Fe HA (Hidden Agenda) means that you are looking for people that you can express Fe with, but I'm not very good at describing that, so I'm not the best person to explain what exactly the Fe hidden agenda is all about. My guess at it might be something like this: Perhaps you'd like to relax with people and be able to call them names or something, like jokingly call someone a bitch, and you know that they'll take it the right way, they won't get all upset over it, because you're just openly expressing your feelings. My experience with Fe is mostly stuff like people calling each other names, but still staying friends with each other.

People who value Fe like to express the feelings going on in the moment, and that includes yelling out some insulting name for people. If you were a SLE or an LSI, you would look for other people who expressed their feelings that way, and you would start doing it along with them. You would feel insecure around people who are sensitive to being called names. You would avoid people who get insulted and take it as a personal insult, people who say 'Fine, I just won't be your friend if you're going to call me a bitch.'

I personally don't like Fe (because of my type) and so all that I can think of are my bad experiences with it (insulting names, etc) instead of the good side of it. Other people can give a better description of the good things about it.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The main thing I see there is valuing , but it could be weak ethics too. The main types I would consider are SLE and ESE. btw, are you male or female?

Their intelligence. Intelligence is very wide, btw. Bout five meters.
    heh,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSI or LSE

I never really had any girlfriends </3
    Which is not really surprising, since I'm a straight female.

I did have a girlfriend once. It was on neopets. She thought I was a male and wanted to me to be her "boyfriend". She kept giving me virtual gifts and she said she loved me. I thought it was a win-win situation, so I didn't say anything.
    /random anecdote

I'm only externally organized when I find it useful or important. My bedroom is a mess. My music room is the cleanest thing I've ever made.

Yes! I hate it so much when people tell me how do do things. I have my own ways of doing my things. I won't impose those methods on others unless theirs really suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico1e
    I'm not sure how you got the idea to describe yourself as 'blunt, pushy,' etc. Did somebody else ever say that about you? If you were a SLE, you might be described that way. An ESE can also occasionally act that way.
    Others tell me that. I think I'm the nicest person in the world. I don't understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico1e
    I sometimes work with SLEs at McDonald's. I recognize them because they command me to do things. For instance, if I'm standing next to the french fry vats, they will say 'Drop me some fries.' Often, they don't even say please. Because of my type, this is something that sort of annoys me, however there are other people out there who respond very well to that way of saying things. That would be described as 'blunt, pushy,' etc.

The SLE is very comfortable telling somebody else to do something, and sometimes, they will even say these commands out loud while they're talking to themselves, like if they're the one who has to do it, they might command someone else to do it, and then, oddly enough, do it themselves, as a joke. Here's an example. For various reasons, we have to shout down the table (at McDonald's) to tell other people that someone has ordered a ten-piece McNuggets, or whatever. But sometimes, the SLE girls will be down at the end of the table where the nugget boxes are, and they will shout out loud to themselves, 'TEN PIECE! THANK YOU! YOU'RE WELCOME!' as though they are talking back and forth to someone else, and it's their joke.
    I could see myself doing that. I try to be friendly and polite most of the time though. I think politeness is ridiculous and I really don't like it, but it seems to be needed when you need something.

Thanks everyone! <3 <--- Like this.

As for the name-calling and stuff, I really hate all this bitching nonsense. If I have a problem with someone, I will tell them. Some people don't like that. Lol. But I really can't stand "playing nice". I don't insult, I give advice. Which is often confused with insulting. Lol #2.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

blunt, pushy, agressive, domineering
    These are all words related to use of , btw.

TIM
    C-IEE Ne (862)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSI or LSE

I did have a girlfriend once. It was on neopets. She thought I was a male and wanted to me to be her "boyfriend". She kept giving me virtual gifts and she said she loved me. I thought it was a win-win situation, so I didn't say anything.
    /random anecdote
    LOL! That's hilarious!

Other than that, the only thing that seems apparent is you seem to have an Fe sense of humor. Have you considered IEI or LSI in addition to my previous ESE typing?

IEE Ne Creative Type

!!!!!!

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I am back after conquering a few countries. I don't know a lot about the functions but here's how I relate to what I know of them.

Se
    - I'm pretty domineering, but I'm not bossy. I'm not really the kind of person who sets goals then achieve them. I set things-that-could-be-cool-to-do, work hard towards them until I decide it's boring and I do something else more interesting. I'm more of a jack-of-all-trades. I'm not really interested in power for its own sake, but power has its advantages. I can be a bit agressive and pushy, but I'm not that bad.
    I don't really know what to think of this...part of me says Tactical type. http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.p...s_and_strategy part says it could be strategic.

Ne
    - I'm very imaginative and creative. I'm willing to try anything because I'm afraid I could miss on a possibility. I see potential in everything and I don't really consider anything a lost cause. I'm a bit stubborn. xD I sometimes give me unnecessary pressure to be original.

Si
    - I like comfort. I'm not obsessed with it, but it's very important to me. I'm also very hedonistic. I want to be free, like the dude from Braveheart. I'm a 7 on the enneagram. I'm all about enjoying the present moment and small pleasures rather than working your ass off to get some new TV when you already have one that you barely watch.
    rational; you're judging your external surroundings and how one should be based on a formula you've devised and follow yourself especially when you state a comment like "work your ass off to buy another TV when you already have one" You're essentially taking something from your external observation and have made a judgment about the way in which you want to operate. This is being a rational type.

Ni
    - Too weird for me. I am pretty realistic. If I really want something, I won't daydream about it. I'll work to get it. Doesn't mean I never daydream about being a wizard.
    lots of types think this; it can be from your culture/society in which you may have learned this. It may either be a judgment or a perception.

Fi
    - I'm not really sure if I got what this one is about. But I really suck at knowing what people think of me. I think I usually come off as silly/goofy, but I most of the time have no clue if people like me or not lol.
    This is about how the subject relates to the things outside of them; it's a judging/rational function, so the person makes moral codes and will operate and judge their external surroundings by these codes to have integrity of them and will surround themselves with that which will affirm these values; unless, of course, they are like me and realize this about their own self, as in objectifying me and seeing me and how me relates back to me and changing or becoming a bit more flexible. I can tell who likes me or not by gesticulation, mimicry and I'm very sensitive to others visual body language and such (which I use to approximate their feelings - fine feelings not blatant and obvious ones).

You have weak Fi; if you were LSI, you would have role Fi, but so far, it seems to be weaker and less conscious than that.

Fe
    - I usually try to light up the atmosphere. I don't like people who are fake though. Again, not because of the sake of fakeness, but because they tend to have no depth whatsoever and you never know if they're telling the truth or not. I also don't like people who are loud and who are obsessed with all the traditional politeness (e.g. omg dont put ur elbows on the table).

Ti
    - I need things to make sense to me. I HATE doing something if I don't understand the purpose or if I simply don't get it. I ask a lot of questions on everything. I value knowledge a lot. I argue a lot.

That is a Feeling judgement related to something dynamic, an action. "I love people" is a feeling judgment.

Needing things to make sense to you doesn't mean it's Ti that you're doing. You do Ti when you bring things back to how they relate to you; self orientation is a common ground for introverted types. It's self-ish, yes, I know, but such is the mind of the person who is self absorbed. I am self absorbed, sometimes, between my ideas which circulates into my feelings and much disgustingly my judgements and feelings about these ideas.

You talk about action a lot. You seem to be particular about action. Why is that? Would you kindly explain or go into why action, taking action is so important to you?

Te
    - I don't get this one. It looks boring.
    They are extraverts, and anything but boring.

I obviously don't know much about the functions, but I don't have time to read more now so I'm waiting for you to correct me and call me ignorant to boost your ego
    LSI or LII sounds good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterNi View Post

/random anecdote
    LOL! That's hilarious!

Other than that, the only thing that seems apparent is you seem to have an Fe sense of humor. Have you considered IEI or LSI in addition to my previous ESE typing?
    At first I thought you were talking to me and got confused from the double quoting thing that's going on.

I agree with you, he has chock full of Fe values.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 08-23-2011 at 04:43 AM.
    -

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, but I wouldn't think that I'm LSI.

Especially about the part. I'm very much of an improviser, I hate plans (actually i love planning, i just hate following plans), and I take problems as they come.

I hate it when people try to predict what is going to happend in 423624 years. I'd rather focus on what's happening right now.

And no clue why I prefer action. I guess I was born to be a manly action movie superstar with a big and manlier mustach.

TIM
    C-IEE Ne (862)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, but I wouldn't think that I'm LSI.

Especially about the part. I'm very much of an improviser, I hate plans (actually i love planning, i just hate following plans), and I take problems as they come.

I hate it when people try to predict what is going to happend in 423624 years. I'd rather focus on what's happening right now.

And no clue why I prefer action. I guess I was born to be a manly action movie superstar with a big and manlier mustach.
    !!!

How about SEI in addition to my previous ESE typing?

IEE Ne Creative Type

!!!!!!

TIM
    C-IEE Ne (862)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post

Sounds / valuing to me.

I haven't really read any of this thread tho cuz it's a lot of text n' shit.

you should make it easier and post pics
    That's funny because that sounds extremely / to me. The only part that sounds like it would be / is the manly action hero mustachioed part.

Also, you shouldn't post pics unless you feel comfortable doing so.

IEE Ne Creative Type

!!!!!!

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

ESE then sounds spot on

That was my original typing of you and I never doubted it; I just wanted to explore other options as I'm told I tend to make decisions rather quickly
    -

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always want the atmosphere to be the best and I hate it when any kind of drama happends because it gets too negative. I also always want to make sure that everyone's happy and that no one's bored. Is that related to being dominant or just an Alpha thing?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast