Thread: Ever tried to be your own Benefactor type?

Creepy-

Default Ever tried to be your own Benefactor type?

[Haha... gone].
    Last edited by female; 03-12-2009 at 12:44 PM. Reason: Clarity

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eh, I used to be more agreeable.

Socionics gave me the excuse to tell people to fuck off and feel good about it!

I'm pretty sure your enviornment can make you feel like you have to act in ways that can feel unnatural to you. I think it's when we're this way for far too long that causes us to get kind of fucked up.
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by songofsappho View Post
    LOL! Does it make me evil if I sort of feel the same way? It's nice not to feel guilty about not always being all chipper and "yes ma'am" to everything... still gotta maintain tact, though
    Oh yeah, I definitely agree about tact. I mean, if not, then we have to deal with them being angry and pissy blah blah blah, in the end we're just making it harder on ourselves, no?

But i'm sorry to say, I've never felt the need to be a benefactor. I've felt more the need to be an ENTp big thinker type. But somehow I always found ways to get too hung up on details, which tended to frustrate me to no end because I always thought I had to be a big thinker to be a better person.

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exactly... and you don't want the kind of reputation that would bring, either. Better to compromise the small things than stir up conflict - that way there's more energy and a more favorable atmosphere for seeing that that bigger things are done right. And an unfriendly atmosphere is just uncomfortable for everybody.
    yeah, fuck the negative vibes man. I just tend to remove myself when things get like that. Especially if it starts to become too much. I just find some types of people to care way too much about every single word, every single interaction. Just relax, right?

So just living by yourself made you realize ISTp?

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I've lived by myself (with my two dogs, ha!) since I was 18 (I'm almost 24 now)... rather, it's that I'm now finally living without putting limitations or what I came to view as unrealistic expectations on myself made me realize ISTp. Other things, too, but I have to go now - will write more later if you're interested; won't bore you if not
    Naw man i'm interested, write whenever ya get back. I haven't lived by myself yet (always with roommates) but I will soon, so I'm kinda expecting a world of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by esper View Post
    Haha...that is where typing systems can fuck you up. >
    hey! Didn't I say INFps were hot?

- Voltaire

TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by Suomea; 09-27-2008 at 10:50 PM.
    Suomea

Creepy-bg

I tried being my own benefactor once, but I just couldn't reach and nearly broke my neck trying :/
    Last edited by bg; 07-03-2008 at 03:46 PM.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damnit, BG!

I don't think I ever act like my Benefactor, to be honest. I occasionally hit phases where I desperately need to get things together, but never in a remotely LSE fashion.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, thanks a lot man.

Yeah most of the time when I answer I have to tell myself to be honest with myself. I've found a lot of the stuff I do ("out there") is forced only because I want to be nice and not have to deal with pissed off idiots.

And "by a world of shit" I meant both positive and negative... kind of just a huge shift I guess. Although at the moment I might as well live alone, everyone In my house is gone except for 1 guy.

But thanks

- Voltaire

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are all going to think I'm crazy (either that or a flake), but after much self-analysis, studying socionics (which I only just discovered a couple of months ago), and asking for the advice/feedback of trusted friends, I have re-typed myself as ISTp/SLI.

The “me” I tried to be for a long time was outgoing, do-gooderish, happy, super-responsible, etc... basically the qualities of either an ESFj or ENFj person... other times I acted fairly INTj-ish (of course I only realize this now, in hindsight). Having studied Socionics more, I’m thinking this was probably the result of growing up with a Conflictor parent, and me trying to be more like what I was told/treated like I “should” be...

Now, I’ve taken a few weeks away from here to just live/be myself, and I’m realizing the ISTp descriptions fit me shockingly well, right down to physical descriptions and intertype relations.

Has anyone else had a similar experience to mine, of trying to re-shape your natural self into something you thought was better? I’d love to hear your stories....
    I relate to this... I grew up in a family with my conflictor, supervisor, and benefactor... For a long time, I acted like a ENFj (b/c that behavior was valued in my house) until I got out of the situation and became myself a bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat View Post
    I tried being my own benefactor once, but I just couldn't reach and nearly broke my neck trying :/
    anyone ever try yoga..? I'm thinking about trying yoga.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuJu View Post
    I relate to this... I grew up in a family with my conflictor, supervisor, and benefactor... For a long time, I acted like a ENFj (b/c that behavior was valued in my house) until I got out of the situation and became myself a bit more.

I never tried yoga....but it migt be one way to get in touch with yourself and leave the whole benefactor thing alone.

I used to be consumed with some ESFj energies when i was younger long before i knew that such a thing existed.

...now i'm over it and i ain't looking back! or for now.
    ENTP:wink:ALPHA

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by JuJu View Post
    lol did you ever that SNL skit where the guy finally reaches? it's a classic

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'm still emo-ing over my type so I'm not that far yet. =/ I like to hear other people's suggestions but I need good reasons. Not just a 'You are XXXX, there' that won't do it.