Thread: cool anecdote

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default cool anecdote

"....Ten days ago, our cat, Baxter, could not be found. The last time I saw him was on the roof begging to come down. I chided him a bit because I knew he knew exactly how to go to the back of the house, take a short leap to the back fence, jump ever so slightly to the garden bench and then off to the ground. On Saturday, we departed for a cycling trip and left our three cats in the care of a neighbor. Baxter never returned.

My husband’s preference is ISTJ and my type preference is ENFJ. It was quite interesting sharing the experience of designing a cat locator plan, contacting web services and creating signage for our street corners and flyers to share with our neighbors. Our approaches were opposite but most complementary.

My husband worked on the street signage. Baxter’s description was straight-forward, factual and concrete – an ST description to the core. “Gray/brown Tabby. Long-haired. Telephone number. Address.” Short and practical enough for signage. Easy to read for drivers, cyclists and pedestrians.

I relished in my assignment of a creating a flyer worthy of the wonderful cat that was lost. I rallied, embraced my NF and designed my signage to share the “human” side of Baxter in attempt to create a personal connection between the cat, our family and the neighborhood.

“Hi! My name is Baxter and I think I’m lost. I was last seen on Friday, 10/22 on top of the roof. I have missed my two favorite days of the week, Saturday and Sunday, brushing days!! I jump on the patio table and, boy, am I ready for that brush! I am a long-haired, very fluffy gray tabby. I could be part Main Coon ‘cause my hair flows out my ears and toes. Would you please help me find my way back to…..? My mistress and master, and my two housemate cats, Bobo and Bell, really miss me. I’m really the fun, cozy one of the bunch!! But they have their good points too!” a included a picture of Baxter in one of his most relaxed states that demonstrated his fluffy gentleness.

By using our individual talents, we managed our short project quickly and efficiently as well as covered all perspectives of potential readers and options for maximizing our cat-locator resources.

Sometimes we may think or feel differences are negative. But sharing and embracing differences create the whole perspective and by including the various lenses of type, we can complement each other in the daily activities of work and life. Shaking off our BLM syndrome can open possibilities of broadening our approach and enhancing our productivity..."

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So did the cat get found?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GOLDEN View Post
    So did the cat get found?

Yeah, as roadkill.

Jk. I dunno, author never said

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by peteronfireee View Post
    Yeah, as roadkill.

Jk. I dunno, author never said
    I hate this story.

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate this story.
    Soo, a friend of a friend of a friend of mine kinda did something and then someone else did something and they kinda didn't like the other doing that something so they shot him. the end.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry @peteronfireee. I shat upon your thread.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"....Ten days ago, our cat, Baxter, could not be found. The last time I saw him was on the roof begging to come down. I chided him a bit because I knew he knew exactly how to go to the back of the house, take a short leap to the back fence, jump ever so slightly to the garden bench and then off to the ground. On Saturday, we departed for a cycling trip and left our three cats in the care of a neighbor. Baxter never returned.

My husband’s preference is ISTJ and my type preference is ENFJ. It was quite interesting sharing the experience of designing a cat locator plan, contacting web services and creating signage for our street corners and flyers to share with our neighbors. Our approaches were opposite but most complementary.

My husband worked on the street signage. Baxter’s description was straight-forward, factual and concrete – an ST description to the core. “Gray/brown Tabby. Long-haired. Telephone number. Address.” Short and practical enough for signage. Easy to read for drivers, cyclists and pedestrians.

I relished in my assignment of a creating a flyer worthy of the wonderful cat that was lost. I rallied, embraced my NF and designed my signage to share the “human” side of Baxter in attempt to create a personal connection between the cat, our family and the neighborhood.

“Hi! My name is Baxter and I think I’m lost. I was last seen on Friday, 10/22 on top of the roof. I have missed my two favorite days of the week, Saturday and Sunday, brushing days!! I jump on the patio table and, boy, am I ready for that brush! I am a long-haired, very fluffy gray tabby. I could be part Main Coon ‘cause my hair flows out my ears and toes. Would you please help me find my way back to…..? My mistress and master, and my two housemate cats, Bobo and Bell, really miss me. I’m really the fun, cozy one of the bunch!! But they have their good points too!” a included a picture of Baxter in one of his most relaxed states that demonstrated his fluffy gentleness.

By using our individual talents, we managed our short project quickly and efficiently as well as covered all perspectives of potential readers and options for maximizing our cat-locator resources.

Sometimes we may think or feel differences are negative. But sharing and embracing differences create the whole perspective and by including the various lenses of type, we can complement each other in the daily activities of work and life. Shaking off our BLM syndrome can open possibilities of broadening our approach and enhancing our productivity..."
    Omg this is a dual story from delta. First of all, it's a boring story about pets. Second, it's nicely and factually recounted without any embellishments.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blood moon View Post
    Omg this is a dual story from delta. First of all, it's a boring story about pets.
    What makes it boring? Because it was about pets or the way it was written? Could beta's write a story about pets? If so, what would it look like?

Second, it's nicely and factually recounted without any embellishments.
    So what?

Context: It was written by an older lady on her professional blog.

Even with that, I thought her writing style was consistent with something an EIE would write.

Here's the author in video, "Creating Compassionate Connections":

Seems like a dynamic EIE to me.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree that seemed like a delta story to me.

I would never write a lost poster like the alleged EIE in the post. Way too sappy and perky for my taste.

If I had a lost pet, I would be desperately upset, and would make numerous highly readable posters with a brief description and would exhaust myself putting them everywhere.
    You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek.
    But first you must travel a long and difficult road, a road fraught with peril.
    You shall see things, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... cow... on the roof of a cotton house. And, oh, so many startlements.
    I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the ob-stacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward.
    Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pukq_XJmM-k

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Iris View Post
    I agree that seemed like a delta story to me.
    I still don't get why it's a "delta story." What does that even mean, the author is actually an ENFp?

Way too sappy and perky for my taste.
    But isn't it evidence of extraverted ethics?

The author wanted to complement the istjs efforts by emotionally connecting with intended readers. Shouldn't that point more toward eie?

I would never write a lost poster like the alleged EIE in the post.

If I had a lost pet, I would be desperately upset, and would make numerous highly readable posters with a brief description and would exhaust myself putting them everywhere.
    Yeah, and I'm sure other EIEs would do things differently too, since people are individuals with unique backgrounds. Not all EIEs are conservative, not all are liberals.
    Last edited by Computer Loser; 10-20-2014 at 04:08 PM.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still don't get why it's a "delta story." What does that even mean, the author is actually an ENFp?

The author wanted to complement the istjs efforts by emotionally connecting with intended readers. Shouldn't that point more toward eie?

Yeah, and I'm sure other EIEs would do things differently too, since people are individuals with unique backgrounds. Not all EIEs are conservative, not all are liberals.
    I guess that alleged EIE's poster struck me as "cute" in a way that I am not cute. I dont know any other Betas that are cute that way. I am not bubbly and adorable, and I don't love anthromorphism. Beatrix Potter excepted.

It is difficult to explain, but I loathe smarminess. Diane Sawyer is a good example of a highly regarded person whose language makes my skin crawl. I am sure that she is quite good at influencing the emotional atmosphere, but she is not an EIE.
    You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek.
    But first you must travel a long and difficult road, a road fraught with peril.
    You shall see things, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... cow... on the roof of a cotton house. And, oh, so many startlements.
    I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the ob-stacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward.
    Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pukq_XJmM-k

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, probably. And the dude who helped her is probably ISTp, bc ISTps are indeed more emotionally open when pets are around. This does not happen with ISTj.

IEEs are very, very good at emotionally connecting with others.

Are we talking about liberals and conservatives now?

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEE is a strong possibility. The author certainly seems to be an Emotivist type (contact ethics). An EIE could not have written this story.

Her descriptions of the cat appear to be Si-valuing. Ultimately it's just a story. You can't generally type someone just based off a story they wrote, although you might rule out certain types.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's how my college boyfriend (LII) and I recovered a lost cat.

When I found a homeless spotty kitten in the parking lot, I took it to Richard because I already had a cat, and all he had were books.

I leaned down toward the creature, and it thought my shiny green eye looked like a toy, I guess, because it stared, entranced, a few moments, then stuck its evil little paw right in. I jumped back and yelled, "Shit!"

And Richard said, "Pokey."

"What?" I asked, confused, rubbing my eye.

"I'm going to name him Pokey."

The relationship was like this: Richard sat in his apartment, reading, and I'd show up every couple of days at about 4:00 pm. Maybe he would put down the latest book. For sex, for a sandwich, maybe a conversation. One of these evenings, something was off. I glanced around suspiciously.

"Where's Pokey?" I asked.

Richard looked sheepish. "He's lost."

"What do you mean he's lost?"

I kept interrogating and discovered Richard hadn't even tried to locate the goddamned cat.

He thought it was hopeless. Pokey'd been gone two days already.

"This is ridiculous," I said. "Look."

I pulled out a notebook and a marker and drew a cartoon of Pokey. I put a big headline above it:

"POKEY IS LOST."

At the bottom I penned, "Please call Richard today," plus the phone number. I drove us to Kinko's to get copies made.

Back home, Richard remained useless.

He said he didn't know where to put the signs, and reminded me how he'd already given up and didn't see the point.

So he went back to reading, and I did the rest of the job myself. Jeez.

In the warm night, I closed my eyes and tried to think like Pokey. Where would I go? I scanned the block and one particular house caught my attention. It glowed from all its windows and hummed with student voices. It had a kind of glitter about it.

I, as Pokey, badly wanted to go there. So I crept into the yard and put signs on three of the trees around this house.

Then I quit the "be Pokey" game and put signs up everywhere that seemed logical: lampposts, apartment-complex notice boards, coffee shop window . . . This took about three hours.

When I got back to Richard's place, Pokey was already there with him. Pokey had been hanging out in that first tempting house, and someone there had called right away, and Richard had gone to retrieve him.

"You're psychic," Richard said.

"No, but I wouldn't let you give up. You need Pokey."

The fucking end
    Last edited by golden; 10-21-2014 at 07:33 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, probably. And the dude who helped her is probably ISTp, bc ISTps are indeed more emotionally open when pets are around. This does not happen with ISTj.
    This is the dumbest overanalysis I read all night. I like pets. They make me warm and fuzzy inside. Im istj.

IEEs are very, very good at emotionally connecting with others.
    Indeed. Although not as dramatic as EIE when it comes emotionally moving groups for a cause. But who knows, she could be an ENFp too.

Are we talking about liberals and conservatives now?
    No. That was an example. But let me simplify again. Just because one EIE wipes his ass with the toilet paper down, it doesn't mean the next EIE will wipe with it down.
    Last edited by Computer Loser; 10-22-2014 at 02:26 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's how my college boyfriend (LII) and I recovered a lost cat.

When I found a homeless spotty kitten in the parking lot, I took it to Richard because I already had a cat, and all he had were books.

I leaned down toward the creature, and it thought my shiny green eye looked like a toy, I guess, because it stared, entranced, a few moments, then stuck its evil little paw right in. I jumped back and yelled, "Shit!"

And Richard said, "Pokey."

"What?" I asked, confused, rubbing my eye.

"I'm going to name him Pokey."

The relationship was like this: Richard sat in his apartment, reading, and I'd show up every couple of days at about 4:00 pm. Maybe he would put down the latest book. For sex, for a sandwich, maybe a conversation. One of these evenings, something was off. I glanced around suspiciously.

"Where's Pokey?" I asked.

Richard looked sheepish. "He's lost."

"What do you mean he's lost?"

I kept interrogating and discovered Richard hadn't even tried to locate the goddamned cat.

He thought it was hopeless. Pokey'd been gone two days already.

"This is ridiculous," I said. "Look."

I pulled out a notebook and a marker and drew a cartoon of Pokey. I put a big headline above it:

"POKEY IS LOST."

At the bottom I penned, "Please call Richard today," plus the phone number. I drove us to Kinko's to get copies made.

Back home, Richard remained useless.

He said he didn't know where to put the signs, and reminded me how he'd already given up and didn't see the point.

So he went back to reading, and I did the rest of the job myself. Jeez.

In the warm night, I closed my eyes and tried to think like Pokey. Where would I go? I scanned the block and one particular house caught my attention. It glowed from all its windows and hummed with student voices. It had a kind of glitter about it.

I, as Pokey, badly wanted to go there. So I crept into the yard and put signs on three of the trees around this house.

Then I quit the "be Pokey" game and put signs up everywhere that seemed logical: lampposts, apartment-complex notice boards, coffee shop window . . . This took about three hours.

When I got back to Richard's place, Pokey was already there with him. Pokey had been hanging out in that first tempting house, and someone there had called right away, and Richard had gone to retrieve him.

"You're psychic," Richard said.

"No, but I wouldn't let you give up. You need Pokey."

The fucking end
    Dang, that's what you get for having an LII bf...Sitting on his ass readin his sci-fi novel. He wanted some care-giver action, not off lookin for a stupid cat. Shoulda picked up a cool LSI.

Nice story though.
    Last edited by Computer Loser; 10-22-2014 at 01:44 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nefnaf View Post
    Ultimately it's just a story. You can't generally type someone just based off a story they wrote, although you might rule out certain types.
    I agree wholeheartedly!! Wisest thing said in this thread.

I do think that people here tend to overanalyze though...It's like if I wrote a story about me eating a hot dog people would say 'its delta"...Give me a break.

But I guess that's what this forum is for, eh?
    Last edited by Computer Loser; 10-22-2014 at 02:25 AM.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dang, that's what you get for having an LII bf...Sitting on his ass readin his sci-fi novel. He wanted some care-giver action, not off lookin for a stupid cat. Shoulda picked up a cool LSI.

Nice story though.
    Really, if this were expanded it'd be a story about having a depressed boyfriend while being depressed. Maybe a depressed LSI would've been cooler, maybe not.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is the dumbest overanalysis I read all night. I like pets. They make me warm and fuzzy inside. Im istj.

Indeed. Although not as dramatic as EIE when it comes emotionally moving groups for a cause. But who knows, she could be an ENFp too.

No. That was an example. But let me simplify again. Just because one EIE wipes his ass with the toilet paper down, it doesn't mean the next EIE will wipe with it down.
    Jesus, why did you like my post if you actually hated it?

And if you're so sure about everyone's type why are you so desperate for confirmation?

And about SLI being into animals and LSI, not really - this is even in some type descriptions, I can find it for you if you want. I think it's something about Fe-polr and Fi-seeking that makes SLIs crave the company of pets that love them back without judging. LSI, as Ne-polr and Fe-seeking, has different problems. Unless maybe there is an ILE cat that will give them Ne without judging.