Thread: Type this video (Tell us your reaction to it too!)

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Default Type this video (Tell us your reaction to it too!)

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I laughed and I cried and I laughed while crying.

Sorry no types for you though. Thanks for sharing, that was beautiful.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

boring video ...sacrificed 3-4 minutes of my life. tried to find some substance, but maybe I'm just a snob.

SEI-Si and LII-Ti? lmao.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Agni View Post
    boring video ...sacrificed 3-4 minutes of my life. tried to find some substance, but maybe I'm just a snob.
    It's because the story doesn't start until minute 5:00. It's so good...i've watched it 3 times now.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suz View Post
    It's because the story doesn't start until minute 5:00. It's so good...i've watched it 3 times now.
    you're right. He faked indifference and stoicism. She's gonna die, right. Anyway I think that's kind of Si ...the way he relives what she said all over again on his own.

TIM
    SLE
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She reminds me of every woman I never want to be anywhere within 50 light years of, but I'm glad it worked out for them at least.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerx View Post
    She reminds me of every woman I never want to be anywhere within 50 light years of, but I'm glad it worked out for them at least.
    If that's all you saw, you totally missed the whole gist of the story.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you're right. He faked indifference and stoicism. She's gonna die, right. Anyway I think that's kind of Si ...the way he relives what she said all over again on his own.
    nah, you didn't quite get it either...

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Kim
    Omg that gist
    He misses her.
    Or is it about how you could program a GPS device to provide that level of chatter?/troll

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you've driven a car with this type of ESI in the passenger seat, the effect is quite unmistakable.

Great video.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If that's all you saw, you totally missed the whole gist of the story.
    Nah, the message that he found her nagging annoying but missed / needed it as she was gone was fairly obvious. It's sweet and touching, but I'd still lose my sanity around that much piercing nagging and control-freakery.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Aww. Si, and Fi maybe.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's pretty good even if it's a bit silly

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Esaman View Post
    @Kim
    Omg that gist
    He misses her.
    Or is it about how you could program a GPS device to provide that level of chatter?/troll
    Huh?
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

It was sweet.

I still listen to the last message my ex-boyfriend left me on my answering machine before he died last year. I won't let anyone erase it. I smile every time I hear it because it was one of the rare moments he acted really silly. I must have been sleeping when he left it since I never picked up during it. I feel very close to him when I listen to it but I don't listen obsessively anymore. I just do it when I want to smile and feel him around me for a moment.

For me his last voicemail was one, of several, artifacts he left for me to remember him by.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

nah, you didn't quite get it either...
    How did you interpret it then? Shower me in your Ne.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How did you interpret it then? Shower me in your Ne.
    It's not for me to say, but for you to feel.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It's not for me to say, but for you to feel.
    I feel nothing watching that video. Mea culpa. Did he leave her there to die? Interesting representation of a guy suppressing feelings and anxiety. Otherwise I only read the video as him not being very adaptive to the (technologically) new and preferring to hear her nagging on and on, even if he detested it (Si). But ofc maybe it's all super-cynical and the guy prefers her recorded voice to her being there in flesh-and-blood ..so insufferable she is.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You don't appreciate what you have until it's gone or something like that.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    Huh?
    O_o brainfart on my part. I confused you somehow. Apologies.

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default dust in my eyes, I swear

Ti-LII 5w6 for the guy, ESE 2w1 for the girl.

Heartbroken at 5:47, good god. Her eyes are black on the inside and she looks lifeless and defeated. The guy hasn't shaved. A GPS will have to take over and pick up where she left off, as best it can. 8:24 is where it's obvious that it can't. All of the joy, the mentions of the world around them both, the intermittent rattling of the maps, the warnings not to hit potholes; all of the humanity was lost with the GPS, what good would it do to turn right? 9:43 is where he finds what he was missing, finally relaxing into the car seat. By 10:00, he did his best to keep alive what was left from her, and her gift of the GPS was finally vindicated, something which was not just her gift, but their creation, due to his programming efforts and her voice, filling what was once lost as best they could.

I want to appreciate what's alive, and this is another reminder that the messiness of humanity is inherently valuable like nothing else in the universe, probably what was alluded to when the guy mentioned something about "all of this money, and for nothing".

p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK here is my commentary. Sorry a bit long.

From the outset, what you see is the wife "being annoying" giving a ton of comments, being sort of a “backseat driver” but also commenting on amazing things she sees (stork’s nest), pointing them out to the husband. The husband, a taciturn man, a bit annoyed, kind of snaps at her. But this is brief, and almost immediately (at 1:04) he shows concern for his wife’s affairs (“did you remember your social security card?”), and she sort of snaps back at him a bit (“I’m in the database anyway”), but he’s like “still, better to have it with you”. An old married couple bickering, maybe, but they care about each other (not so obvious in regards to her until later, at least the first time I watched it). The effect though is for the audience to feel her as annoying. It's intentional.

At 1:18, she comments that she cant remember her doctor’s name after 20 years of going to him, and so fortunate they haven’t needed to see him very often. (I think this is a first clue to her illness, which I didn’t catch the first couple times)

When the scene changes at ~1:35, they are wearing different clothing. Her face looks a bit more ragged, a bit more serious/forlorn/tense. She’s a backseat driver again, worse than ever. He gets so annoyed that he says he’ll have to record her sometime so she can hear how annoying her nonstop commentary is. This time, she doesn’t really comment on glorious things anymore, though. She comments on girls dressing too lightly (revealing), and scolds them (to her husband) because they’ll catch cold and wont be able to have babies (lol). (She’s concerned about health. Perhaps something going on with hers? She’s probably been diagnosed already.) She’s going to another doctor’s appointment. They both snap at each other, but notice, they actually help each other out – she with the map/directions, he with folding the map when she is trying to get out. I think they both were in a crappy mood there, because of her new diagnosis; that stress came through as their particular annoyance with each other that day.

Scene change at 3:48. Wearing different clothes, he’s in a T-shirt, it’s Spring or Summer. (he was in a turtleneck last two scenes). She starts up again with the back seat driving. He makes good on his vow, and without a word, whips out the voice recorder (lol). At first, she sort of catches herself and is sort of hesitant to speak, but her nature takes over and she just cant help it…. (you can kind of see that both of them are trying hard to keep from busting out laughing!). Then, at 5:07 we find out why, just WHY she does that back seat driving. (that was such a sweet moment for me! My first runthrough, that’s when I did a double take and realized what was really going on underneath the bickering ). All of her backseat driving is aimed at keeping him from getting into situations that will stress him out. And that, to her, takes precedence over proving something to the voice recorder . And I think deep down he knows it too, they both know that they look out for each other.

~5:27 is where if you didn’t catch it sooner (I didn’t the first time), you can see she’s sick – she looks more haggard, she has a permanent IV in her hand, and they’re driving to some hospital in the middle of nowhere for treatment. She sounds more nervous, talking nonstop, he’s just not saying anything.

The next couple scenes, she’s wearing a scarf, she looks progressively sicker, and the talking balance shifts gradually… she becomes too weak to talk, to where she is basically barely able to stay awake (6:00), and he takes over doing pretty much talking nonstop and even annoying her with the talking. She’s breathing shallowly, there’s gurgling noises. At this point it’s obvious she has cancer, is going through chemo, has complications, she’s in a wheelchair already. She knows she doesn’t have long (she gives him that “look” in the car, like that might be the last time she sees him, and worried how is he going to be all by himself).

She got him an early birthday present (because she may not make it til then). The birthday present is again, out of her concern for him -- him getting lost without her, seeing as she’s always handling the map, etc. And she’s SO EXCITED about him having this gift!! (that was so moving, so overwhelming to me!). He shows some annoyance with the gift – it may superficially seem like he’s grumbling about the money she spent, but he’s not. The way I saw it, he’s trying to be in denial about how little time she has left. He doesn’t want to think about her dying (that’s basically what the gift is saying, loud and clear!). It’s so obvious how much they love each other under the curt jabs (which they are still doing even then!). IDK where they were going… nursing home maybe? Hospice? Not clear.

At 8:29 - Some unspecified amount of time later – autumn – we can see she has already passed. He’s finally put up the GPS for the first time (probably didn’t do it right away, I’m sure), missing her, and probably hoping that it would bring her closer to him, but it doesn’t… It makes things worse… it makes her absence even more painful because that GPS is nothing like her. Her directions were filled with love; not the same with the GPS.

While throwing the GPS into the glove compartment, he accidentally encounters that voice recorder! Sounds like they recorded more than just that one car trip, too. And thus, the voice recorder which originated in his moment of irritation, becomes a source of comfort for him -- it’s his wife speaking to him, her presence! And I think …did he actually have the GPS programmed with her voice/style?? (and additional commentary – “Look! A rainbow!!”) lol that was so adorable.

Last edited by Suz; 11-18-2014 at 04:49 AM. Reason: typo

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    I still listen to the last message my ex-boyfriend left me on my answering machine before he died last year. I won't let anyone erase it. I smile every time I hear it because it was one of the rare moments he acted really silly. I must have been sleeping when he left it since I never picked up during it. I feel very close to him when I listen to it but I don't listen obsessively anymore. I just do it when I want to smile and feel him around me for a moment.

For me his last voicemail was one, of several, artifacts he left for me to remember him by.
    I guess it's cool that you can listen to it without missing him. I'd feel existentially crushed every time I heard the person's voice, knowing I'd never get to have new experiences with them again.

Quote Originally Posted by woofwoofl View Post
    I want to appreciate what's alive, and this is another reminder that the messiness of humanity is inherently valuable like nothing else in the universe, probably what was alluded to when the guy mentioned something about "all of this money, and for nothing".

I like how the GPS allowed him to free his mind to listen to her.
    Last edited by strangeling; 11-18-2014 at 05:25 AM.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Very interesting to read Woof's and Suz's commentary. You both seem to pick up on very objectively observable type things whereas I just got the overall essence of what was happening and how things were progressing. I immediately tuned out the externals factors which did not strike me as relevant for some reason but I sort of knew the story would have a sad ending based on the tone of the video, right from the start. Once you guys pointed them out I can go back and see it too. In getting the essence of the situation it was like I got a feeling of what their lives had been together. That is where I took it into the realm of imagination and I gave them a happy story in my mind and an eternal bond.

It's kind of funny because I do consider myself a very observant person but in a different way than you guys are. My observations are obviously more subjective.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mu4 View Post
    Oh, my. I relate a lot to the lady in that video. but I'm not as crazy Cute video.

Creepy-hkkmr

Quote Originally Posted by Pink View Post
    Oh, my. I relate a lot to the lady in that video. but I'm not as crazy Cute video.
    Oh hi, nice, I'm glad you relate to the video. I will post my response once more people view it.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Imo it's Fe and Ti lead
    Imo it's EIE and LSI

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Female = ESE
    Male = ESI
    Everything interests me but nothing holds me.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sienna View Post

SEI-Si and LII-Ti? lmao.
    I got bored too watching it, I only saw about the first half. Woman- ESE- reminds me alot of my grandma with the same mannerisms and all. The kind of ESE I wouldn't want as my dual.
    The man was harder to get a good read on. I initially thought maybe LSI or SLI.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

She seems textbook Alpha SF (possibly Fe base, since she talks lots and she´s quite expressive).

Not Beta .. she´ softish and earthy.

The man could also be LSI-Ti (E1 sx last or smth lol .. I mean, he ain´t super-aggressive, but still anal enough, as rainer maria rilke would say).Ti stiffness and behavior anyway. Very linear and "J"-ish.
    Last edited by Amber; 12-13-2014 at 03:29 PM.

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mu4 View Post
    First 5 minutes i wanted to choke them both. The video shows what i dislike about rationals.... EVERY rational couple i've met does this.......

and than around 5 minutes where he starts recording i realized where this was going and i've been crying for the rest of the movie...

Edit: @Suz has the gist of it, that's what I saw too.