Thread: Addressing Perceptions of Alpha

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Addressing Perceptions of Alpha

While there is some discussion as to how Alpha perceives other types and quadras, perhaps an unexplored dimension is in regards to what Alpha quadra thinks about how they are perceived by other quadras. To what extent do these perceptions seem valid or invalid to Alpha quadra? I am not saying that these perceptions are correct or incorrect, but am merely curious as to how Alpha quadra members would respond to these perceptions.

Beta perceptions of Alpha
    Betas tend to regard Alpha types as pleasant company, fun and creative, but too goofy and present-oriented, lacking focus and ambition, needing to be led, and more concerned with refining the world of ideas and fun than the "real world". Usually a group which consists of members of both quadras gets along much better than Alpha-Beta interquadra pairs of people. In groups, starts to dominate and there is a lot of active laughter as the Betas tell loud stories, and the Alphas make goofy suggestions for entertainment. On individual level, the differences are more difficult to overcome because values are different.
    Gamma perceptions of Alpha

Gammas tend to perceive Alpha types as creative, generally well-meaning, and friendly and pleasant people, especially as a group, as a first impression. Later, Gammas tend to see Alphas as lacking ambition in the longer term, overly concerned with sensorial pleasure and comfort, and overly demanding of, and sensitive to, external emotional expression without making much effort to focus on deeper feelings involved.
    Delta perceptions of Alpha

Deltas tend to see Alpha types as fun company and interesting people to discuss ideas and prospects with, but naive and inconsistent in their personal and business relationships. Alpha types seem to lack the common sense to turn their fun and creative energy into something productive and often seem overly idealistic.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the idea of alphas lacking ambition - which is generally inaccurate - is highly over-emphasized in quadra descriptions.

From my perspective, I'd say the beta perception of you guys was decent. I mean, what I find more is that, the Se+Fe can get out of control and too dominating for the likes of alphas. The intensity may be too high, or betas may just seem unable to just 'flow' in the way alphas desire.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    I think the idea of alphas lacking ambition - which is generally inaccurate - is highly over-emphasized in quadra descriptions.

From my perspective, I'd say the beta perception of you guys was decent. I mean, what I find more is that, the Se+Fe can get out of control and too dominating for the likes of alphas. The intensity may be too high, or betas may just seem unable to just 'flow' in the way alphas desire.
    I have wondered what was meant by that perception of Alphas lack of ambition.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    I tried to address that in my Ni-Se vs Ne-Si thread.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    It is simply another case of taking a general abstraction and attributing trivial traits to it.

Expat, could you link the specific page where you talked about that?
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...ad.php?t=17448

But, as I said, it's half-baked; I have to revise it some time.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    Ne are "static snapshots" within, and escaping from, this here-and-now flow: how to shape the present reality into something closer to our wishes?....
    Se are "static snapshots" of reality, "bringing us down" from the Ni flow: the realization that Ni isn't "real" yet, and that it's still necessary to get there.....
    Those were just the portions I felt like quoting, but the entire post was spot on.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    Ne-ENTp 7w8 sx/so
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...ad.php?t=17448

But, as I said, it's half-baked; I have to revise it some time.
    Yeah, I liked that. It seemed to have the right mix of abstraction and application, which is a relatively rare thing, it would appear.

JRiddy
    —————King of Socionics—————

Ne-ENTp 7w8 sx/so