Thread: Flair within Socionics

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Flair within Socionics

I mean to say that it [flair] might be associated with certain function attitudes and maybe clubs. I seem to lack it according to some commentary

What does it make you think when you think of someone having flair (some say spunk, maybe synonyms or close terms)?

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I looked for synonyms, "talent" "intuition" "aptitude" "feel" "atmosphere" were the results. It sounds like mixed with ethics, so EIE and IEE might qualify. When I personally heard the term, charisma came to my mind. So more of a thing. ESE can have flair, certainly, and SEI, too. Maybe SEE. The NF club and Beta likely have the most amount of it.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see this as mostly , with maybe a dash of and/or .

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd long suspected Fe in relation to "flair", but I now think Ne and Ni are both related to it as well maybe to a lesser degree.

LIEs for instance are very charismatic in my in-person experiences and often online ( i think of Expat for some reason who certainly had a degree of it and an assumed leader of sorts on the forum); Maybe suggesting Beta NF is right since they combine both.

I wonder what is it about say Se that seems too basic? Like when i think of LSI and SLE i know they have a certain leadership -related charisma but no flair in the sense of know-how and etc. Any examples of Se flair? Or maybe it's Fi that's very basic(?)

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think "flair" means different things to different people, so I'm not sure there is one right answer to this question.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suz View Post
    I think "flair" means different things to different people, so I'm not sure there is one right answer to this question.
    You are right. I am going by this: "FLAIR - stylishness and originality.
    [COLOR=#878787 !important]"she dressed with flair"[/COLOR]
    synonyms: style, stylishness, panache, dash, elan, poise, elegance; More

"
    and this " spunkspəNGk/
    noun
    [COLOR=#878787 !important][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#878787 !important]informal[/COLOR]
      courage and determination.
      synonyms: courage, bravery, valor, nerve, confidence, daring, audacity, pluck, spirit, grit, mettle, spine, backbone; More"

So like when you hear people say "she has spunk!" what does it make you think of in terms of socionics? I realize they are different from each other but i started wondering since I seem to lack both (according to sources other than me).

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    and this " spunkspəNGk/
    noun
    [COLOR=#878787 !important][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#878787 !important]informal[/COLOR]
      courage and determination.
      synonyms: courage, bravery, valor, nerve, confidence, daring, audacity, pluck, spirit, grit, mettle, spine, backbone; More"

So like when you hear people say "she has spunk!" what does it make you think of in terms of socionics? I realize they are different from each other but i started wondering since I seem to lack both (according to sources other than me).[/FONT]
    Now this is Se.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    Now this is Se.
    Yes, I'd have to say i might agree: i thought about it after i looked it up. Like "grit" for instance, i think i have a lot of grit, but it doesn't show whereas for some people that is all they choose to present on the outside, maybe Se blocked with other functions. I was a bit surprised when I looked into this detailed definition and all the keywords frequently associated with Se.

However a few synonyms do allow for Fe too: Like "Spirit" for instance, that one reminds me of Fe.