Thread: Which types are most susceptible to eating disorders?

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Which types are most susceptible to eating disorders?

I've noticed that most of the girls on the myproana forums (the bulimics and anorexics especially) seem like ethical decisive types

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

PoLR

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Ethical females.

Followed by Ethical (mostly gay when anorexic) men.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

3 influence. proana at least. Binge eating disorder is different obviously
    Last edited by maniac; 06-04-2017 at 06:10 PM.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can point to various motivating drivers. Some are connected, and some might be separate.

Perfectionism and high conscientiousness is common. There is a willingness to fully commit themselves to what seems like a "perfect" route, like might be seen in OCD.

They are often judgmental of themselves and of other people. There is a desire to be better than they were, or better than others. They're judging people, behaviors, and things as good or bad, in a black-white kind of way. They're sensitive to small things that are even faintly bad. They're hyper-critical. They may sneer at other's traits, which set those others as beneath themselves. The part here that leads to the ED is probably that they judge themselves harshly, so they really want to control and alter themselves (by cutting away all their bad parts?).

They often feel bad about their physical appearance and become neurotic about grooming their appearance.

Sometimes stems from wanting to be unobtrusive or wanting to take up less resources. They may be aiming for a minimalist use of resources.

They may be scrambling for control of their situation. They want to feel in control of something, because they usually feel like they're weak and they lack control in most of their life.

There may be a desire to stand out. Their choice requires that they're willing to deviate from the standard in the pursuit of their goal. This can mean they've learned to see value in exploring being different.

Society would probably argue that the person with ED is misguided about what is valuable in life. Perfect minimalism is not necessary. It's not necessary or possible to cut away all the bad things at all times. A truer line of thought might be that they would do better and the world would do better if they were more focused on output rather than unobtrusive minimalism. Health-wise, you produce more good by having strength and vitality. People become more physically attractive when they have the energy that comes from, like, eating, because this energy enables more of doing things.

A lot of the ED person's self-judgmental behavior probably comes from an injured self-esteem. Parents and authority figures may have been very critical, but without really encouraging a growth mindset. Relationships and life events (bullying, rejection, failure, tragedies, feeling like they can't control important life circumstances) may have contributed to a chronic negative outlook. The person ends up always holding themselves to an un-achievable standard, but one that's black-white so that not-perfect just means entirely unacceptable.

Psychotherapy behaviors seem like the closest treatment we have to help with self-esteem, where a therapist is someone who is non-judgmental in a way that shows the person that they're safe, accepted, and not-doomed, so that the person can calm down and stop feeling terrible and so stressed out about themselves and their situation.

The calmed down feeling of safety might be what allows for a growth mindset, which is the alternative to a black-white static mindset. The person can feel like they're not going to be rejected for who they currently are or for whatever mistakes they've made or might make. They won't have to judge themselves so harshly anymore. And they can relax and probably think about the whole picture and see some realities and past some of their self-deceptions.

A whole picture, more realistic view of the situation is that a person doesn't need to be perfect at all times, and it's not damning if they're not, because "perfectly clean" in the black-white sense doesn't even exist so is an unreasonable standard for the vast majority of traits that people are admired for.

An admirable, high performing person typically has built up their strength and smartness over long periods of pushing their own growth. Strength is malleable. Smartness is malleable. Traits are malleable. People keep getting better as long as they keep aiming and trying and moving. So it's unreasonable to suicide when you fail to achieve impossible perfection, when you can just strive for incremental growth, and this allows a person to be much gentler on themselves, and to think more clearly, with less of stress and tunnel vision mangling their view of things.
    Last edited by esq; 06-04-2017 at 04:58 PM.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

People with bad logic (in this context it sounds far more better than ethical) followed by non-valued .

I seen small amounts of it in IEI never went totally out of control but some bulimic episodes.

I label this sample as IEI:

Looks like she does not have much time left... Anyways in earlier videos years back (NA currently) she displayed some but she is probably bit cognitively challenged due to her condition.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by suedehead View Post
    I've noticed that most of the girls on the myproana forums (the bulimics and anorexics especially) seem like ethical decisive types
    That makes sense. It has to do with emotional reactions (Fe/Fi) to physical appearance (Se) while ignoring what is healthy (Si).

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm IEI and I think I may be developing an eating disorder (again). I've suffered from Manic/Depression and had a phase where I lost a significant amount of weight because all foods just started to taste like cardboard to me (and I was becoming manic).

I was literally skin and bones and was put into the hospital because I was becoming psychotic from the lack of nutrients. I was treated for about a month and put on antipsychotics and antidepressants. After 6 months, I gained 15 pounds.

Now I'm at a healthy weight (I actually have boobs and a butt now lol) But there's a voice inside my head that says really terrible things whenever I look in the mirror. I secretly and desperately yearn for my underweight body back and when I see the mirror the voices say "You fat and ugly bitch, think again about eating those crackers, would you rather eat that or become more fat?" I've actually even felt suicidal about my weight gain, although I know this weight is the optimal weight for my brain to operate properly, and for my overall health.

It's really hard. I've been restricting calories these days but I don't want to live like this for the rest of my life.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hey, Pink, have a cookie and some ice cream. We'll like you whether you're fat or thin.

Don't listen to those voices in your head. They are echoes from a long-dead past, which you have superseded by living to the present. Ignore them, and they will fade away.

TIM
    6w5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    PoLR
    Unfortunately yes. My body is something I literally never want to deal with. I despise cooking and only do the most minimal recipes I find. This has lead me to having very weird diets that essentially were just masked eating disorders. I have so much shame in my own body and how I maintain myself. In the same sense, I always feel like I'm about to find out I have a disease because I'm so unaware of what's going on. Hypochondria is common, but I know I have it. I either eat horribly or I eat practically nothing. When I do eat healthily it usually lasts for a week and then I fall into my habits again. I hope this changes and is just something I do bc I'm young. Obviously, there is a lot more to eating disorders... but I know that's why it was easy for me to fall into one.
    "Not everything that is faced can be changed; but nothing can be changed until it is faced" -James Baldwin

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Hey, Pink, have a cookie and some ice cream. We'll like you whether you're fat or thin.

Don't listen to those voices in your head. They are echoes from a long-dead past, which you have superseded by living to the present. Ignore them, and they will fade away.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The condition Orthorexia could be seen in those who are valuing as opposed to Anorexia

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vertu View Post
    Unfortunately yes. My body is something I literally never want to deal with. I despise cooking and only do the most minimal recipes I find. This has lead me to having very weird diets that essentially were just masked eating disorders. I have so much shame in my own body and how I maintain myself. In the same sense, I always feel like I'm about to find out I have a disease because I'm so unaware of what's going on. Hypochondria is common, but I know I have it. I either eat horribly or I eat practically nothing. When I do eat healthily it usually lasts for a week and then I fall into my habits again. I hope this changes and is just something I do bc I'm young. Obviously, there is a lot more to eating disorders... but I know that's why it was easy for me to fall into one.
    How are you feeling these days? When you want to talk about it more I'm here all right, no questions asked

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by unsuccessfull Alphamale View Post
    People with bad logic (in this context it sounds far more better than ethical) followed by non-valued .

I seen small amounts of it in IEI never went totally out of control but some bulimic episodes.

I label this sample as IEI:

Looks like she does not have much time left... Anyways in earlier videos years back (NA currently) she displayed some but she is probably bit cognitively challenged due to her condition.
    I don't even understand how she still has hair.. Or is even functioning at all o.O

TIM
    6w5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Chae I'm fine now!! Just figured I'd share. No worries at all, no weird diets.
    I just need more balance in my life now is all. Trying to be a healthy vegan now because I was a raw vegan for a long time but that's what became unhealthy.
    It was just too extreme. But thanks for the support
    "Not everything that is faced can be changed; but nothing can be changed until it is faced" -James Baldwin

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

E.S.I.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vertu View Post
    @Chae I'm fine now!! Just figured I'd share. No worries at all, no weird diets.
    I just need more balance in my life now is all. Trying to be a healthy vegan now because I was a raw vegan for a long time but that's what became unhealthy.
    It was just too extreme. But thanks for the support
    Aweh I'm glad Well we have a German saying, "Die Dosis macht das Gift", dose creates the poison. I think this applies to all things. Anytime

TIM
    EII 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I recently gave a good earnest effort to make myself throw up the large amount of Nutella I had just eaten, sticking my finger down my throat multiple times until I started gagging/heaving and tearing up, but ultimately it was too uncomfortable and I couldn't manage to do it. Maybe due to Si valuing.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pink View Post
    I don't even understand how she still has hair.. Or is even functioning at all o.O
    I thought she was wearing a lace front human hair wig. It kind of looks like one. They can be styled and cut like natural hair. Synthetic wigs would not look so good or stand up to that much styling. It is too healthy regardless for an anorexic. I don't know her full story since I heard she claims to have an illness or something.

When we hear someone mention hair loss, we usually think of aging. Others may associate hair loss with chemotherapy or the compulsive hair pulling associated with trichotillomania. What most people would not normally associate hair loss with is anorexia nervosa, unless they treat patients with the disorder or have been affected by it personally. In reality, people of all genders and ages with anorexia, bulimia, and other eating disorders commonly experience hair loss, including hair thinning and areas of balding.

So what causes the hair loss? When a person’s body is malnourished, such as during an eating disorder, the protein stores in their body become depleted. When this occurs, the body has to make sure that it takes care of essential functions (such as organ function and retaining muscle tissue) above all else. Our hair, which is made up of a protein called keratin, is not as essential to our body’s functioning. So, hair growth stops so the body can focus on keeping that person alive. Depending on a person’s age, genetic makeup, and other developmental factors, regular hair growth will most likely return to normal after a person maintains nutritional stabilization for six months or more.

When someone is experiencing hair loss associated with anorexia, there are usually plenty of co-occurring symptoms such as dehydration (which can lead to kidney failure), cold intolerance, fatigue, lightheadedness, and more. These are in addition to their likely significant weight loss. Hair loss can be a very distressing symptom for someone with anorexia to experience, but the true cause for concern is the high mortality rate among people with this disorder, which is between five and 10 percent [1]. Eating disorders have a higher mortality rate than any other behavioral health disorder.
    Oftentimes when someone reaches out for eating disorder treatment, his or her body is already dangerously malnourished and they are probably experiencing physical, emotional, and cognitive side effects. Hair loss might be one example of a physical side effect. If you notice that a family member or friend is avoiding meals, entire food groups, or social gatherings related to food—and maybe losing their hair—it may be a good idea to ask them about their relationship with food. Although an eating disorder is not always the cause, it’s best to express your concern for your loved one’s well-being and good health. If they do decide to seek professional eating disorder services, let them know that you will be a part of their support network both through treatment and beyond.
    Although the possibility of hair loss is not as significant as many of the symptoms of anorexia, for some the symptom serves as motivation to seek treatment, change their eating behaviors, and rebuild their relationship with food and nutrition. Many individuals who struggle with anorexia base their self-worth off of their body image, but the reality is that malnutrition damages the body in numerous ways. Hair loss reflects the damage that has already happened on the inside of the body and can help someone with anorexia finally realize the true dangers of their eating habits.
    References
    1 Anorexia Nervosa | National Eating Disorders Association. (n.d.). Retrieved January 28, 2016, from https://www.nationaleatingdisorders....orexia-nervosa
    I think she is a SF, probably alpha based on a few videos that others have posted.

I know a SEI who has struggled with bulimia for years. She thought she was hiding it. We all knew but if it was brought up she would come up with excuses for her behavior. I mean after every meal she went straight to the bathroom for at least a half hour. Even at restaurants. You could literally hear her gagging.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

SEI, possibly. You'll see nothing more than Fe. Cognitive changes are very apparent. I wonder when it starts to become noticeable in cases like this.

Looks like a shell of something at current state. Maybe some sort of comment considering her lack of might activate her to wake up. Facing the facts wont do it.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eating disorders are counseled by affirming that it is done for sense of control and that most of them had sexual traumas in childhood.

Both point to situational Se.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    I thought she was wearing a lace front human hair wig. It kind of looks like one. They can be styled and cut like natural hair. Synthetic wigs would not look so good or stand up to that much styling. It is too healthy regardless for an anorexic. I don't know her full story since I heard she claims to have an illness or something.
    A wig makes so much sense. When I was going through my anorexia, my hair thinned out like crazy and the top of my head was balding. Luckily after recovering my hair is full again (It's amazing what happens during recovery~)

TIM
    LSI-Se
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my teens I struggled with eating disorders and cutting. In my early 20s I was diagnosed with bi-polar, major depressive disorder, borderline personality disorder, and ADHD. I think a couple of those were a misdiagnosis and that I'm more likely dealing with PTSD. I no longer have eating disorders because I have hypoglycemia that forces me to eat every hour or two, if I don't eat something substantial it literally feels like I am going through drug withdrawal.
    LSI-Se 836 Sp/Sx