Thread: documentary The Trap: What Happened to Our Dream of Freedom

Creepy-bg

Default [documentary] The Trap: What Happened to Our Dream of Freedom

pretty interesting docu-series from the BBC on how cold war game theory seeped into psychiatry, politics, and economics and came to define modern concepts of liberty and freedom in the US and Brittain leading to the weirdness of today (fucking shit up by trying to makes things better). it's long (1 hour for each episode, 3 episodes total) but pretty interesting and worth the watch imo. also seems pretty fair as far as giving blame while assuming good intentions to all sides.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Trap_(television_documentary_series)

intro (probably gives a better description of what this show is about than I did above)

Full thing......

icefilms link for those who have their shit set up for it: http://www.icefilms.info/tv/series/4/3548

full series on youtube:

Last edited by bg; 12-29-2011 at 09:47 AM.

Creepy-bg

seriously, this doc hits on most of the intellectual fetishes of the people on this forum.

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems interesting. I downloaded it from the pirate bay earlier today, but can't find any english subtitles. I'm too tired to concentrate on actually listening to english just now so it will have to wait.

Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bionicgerbil View Post
    seriously, this doc hits on most of the intellectual fetishes of the people on this forum.
    Indeed it hits mine. I watched the itntroductory video. The problem is that you might not end up getting to many respones because the films themselves are so long - I like to watch these kind of documentaries with others so i can discuss my own thoughts afterwards, and I think its the same for others, so everyone is afraid to take time to watch these out of fear noone else on here will either. Its a bummer, really.

Ill try and watch these and be the first to hopefuly spur some others into doing the same.

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by Typhon View Post
    Indeed it hits mine. I watched the itntroductory video. The problem is that you might not end up getting to many respones because the films themselves are so long - I like to watch these kind of documentaries with others so i can discuss my own thoughts afterwards, and I think its the same for others, so everyone is afraid to take time to watch these out of fear noone else on here will either. Its a bummer, really.

Ill try and watch these and be the first to hopefuly spur some others into doing the same.
    yeah, I figured that I wouldn't get many people to watch it (if at all). it's not like I ever really watch shit other people post lol.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bg View Post
    snip
    pretty good, even if a bit preachy imo (like his other documentary i posted). this is just a bump