Thread: What makes you an irrational P type or a rational J type?

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What makes you an irrational P type or a rational J type?

I'm wondering what personal reasons you have for being either type. Describe why you're in fact this type and compare yourself to your counterpart. It will make it easier if you are for example an ILE, to compare yourself to the LIE or LII in personal aspects, if I were this type... I would... etc.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm easy going. Calm. Relaxed. Laidback. Without any stress. So that's in favor of Irrational.

Though I sometimes consider myself very decisive. Which contradicts Irrational.

But in the end it's not to difficult to spot me as an Irrational.

LIE and LII are more rigid, Sort of 'have it my way' attitude. Or give off a 'needs to be like I want it' vybe. They show signs of stress quicker.

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm very lazy, my thoughts smoothly transition (relative to how I've perceived others transitions), The way I live my life is not orderly, planned, or actively measured. I need to force myself to plan or make any kind of attempt at finishing things.

My productivity varies with my mood. I can sit around the house all day doing basically nothing and then suddenly at 2:00 am I go in my basement and make boffer weapons. External motivation has little leverage on my work output. I need to internally stimulate myself (like "get pumped" for something). This may however relate to the reinin dichotomies if you favor such things.
    The end is nigh

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm lazy and don't feel like answering at the moment (that's your answer).
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm all the rationals seem to be working. Oh well. I'll get them "if they have time" after work.

Yay fluid mechanics Serious Name's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the SLE domain says it best

LSI: I get my panties in a bunch if someone breaks a rule.
    ILE: I'm a spazzy social cripple who constantly spews out all this awkward bullshit.
    Meh.

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i love the SLE domain. its fucking HILARIOUS.
    The end is nigh

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by ArchonAlarion View Post
    i love the SLE domain. its fucking HILARIOUS.
    Hilarious LIKE YOUR KNOWLEDGE OF SOCIONICS LOLOL

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gulanzon View Post
    Hilarious LIKE YOUR KNOWLEDGE OF SOCIONICS LOLOL
    Everything I do/have is hilarious.

This is a fact, and I believe its in Guinness Book of World Records 2006.
    The end is nigh

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm all the rationals seem to be working. Oh well. I'll get them "if they have time" after work.
    Working? Yuck. I can think of better things to do with my time. Honestly, I avoid real paid work like the plague. The "Rational" tag means I have the ability to focus my efforts towards a goal, not that I jump on the chance to have someone tell me what to do with my time.

The thing is this: Ti/Fe valuing rationals can do something that resembles "work" in that it takes a kind of focussed tenacity to keep at it. What these types (like myself) "work" at is NOT something that is their responsibility or necessity to do, but something they simply find interesting or rewarding. The driving force is a personal passion, not a set of threatening external conditions. I actually experience Te as a sense of haunting necessity to do something for survival reasons that I keep putting off in favor of more interesting projects.

Te/Fi valuing irrationals on the other hand have this playful way of going about something that needs to be done out of necessity. Take the ISTp that spends his entire life on the maintenance of their house, equipment, computers, etc. It's a playful kind of activity, but still necessary and responsible. INTps are often philosophers that feel a strong compulsion to find answers to the weightier problems of life. This is another example of a responsibility that isn't met with with "working" acitivies.

It's really only the rational Te/Fi valuing types that track necessities and meet them head on. These are the only people that I'd be confident to unequivocally call "responsible".

So if you're interpreting Rational/Irrational in this conventional responsible/irresponsible sense, you may end up with some surprises. Quite a bit of this is actually more strongly related to Te/Fi vs. Ti/Fe values.

On top of all this, there is a whole lot of other factors that influence focus and work-like behavior, for example:

Result/Judging NT types (= ENTj, INTj) are much more focussed on the reduction of the amount of work that needs to be done than they are on the actual work itself. Likewise, Process/Irrational NTs (= INTp, ENTp) can get engaged in some really intensive mental brainstorming to the point that what they do looks like work. My point is: Process/Result has some characteristics of working/lazing about to it.
    Reasonable (Ne/Si valuing): the property of being naturally "relaxed". Half of all rationals have this property, further lowering the extent to which they are work-focussed.

Anyway, that's my input on the topic. I believe everything I have said in this thread to be true, although I am limited in the extent to which I can articulate these truths. Please keep this in mind when writing your responses.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for that info labcoat. It sounded pretty reasonable that process result comes in handy when figuring out work styles. I bet a lot still think its a P/J thing, which P/J is exactly what I'm trying to get at.

I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola aka Bee's Avatar
    TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Follow your guts, embrace the unknown, let it go!
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Herzy View Post
    What else should I add to it?
    Idk.... hmmm.

Maybe more type interactions. Like what would happen between an ESTp and ENTp or between an INTp and ESTj or some shit.
    The end is nigh