Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Your Hogwarts House?

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    I relate to the hard working and loyal aspects of hufflepuff if not the asmr pushover Si - Fe image of it. I also like it's underdog status so I can live with cass and Chae deciding its me. I also relate to some aspects of ravenclaw, then slytherin, and I understand gryffindor the least - they're like standard hero daredevils or something?
    There were these summary pictures Medusa posted:

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post

I personally saw the ideas of finding your strength, overcoming obstacles and yourself, facing fears and going through them, as well as those things listed in that picture of passion and playfulness, of not taking oneself too seriously, stubbornness and disliking manipulators and liars, and all the rest of it, the whole package is relatable.

I understand the values listed in Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff too (Ravenclaw much much more than Hufflepuff.) Slytherin is the one that I am farthest away from, and it does just read like a combination of E3 and a bad stereotype of gamma to me

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

I relate to the hard working and loyal aspects of hufflepuff if not the asmr pushover Si - Fe image of it. I also like it's underdog status so I can live with cass and Chae deciding its me. I also relate to some aspects of ravenclaw, then slytherin, and I understand gryffindor the least - they're like standard hero daredevils or something?
    Yeah I understand Gryffindor the least, too. Slytherin is somehow most clear even though it's not a perfect fit. Hufflepuff is also decently easy to understand, Ravenclaw so so.

From the pics posted now, from Slytherin the charming/impression oriented thingy doesn't entirely fit, the rest is fine. For Hufflepuff, I'm not open-minded/accepting/nice enough, fairness is important tho'. Ravenclaw, eh, yes got this very analytical-logical side of me, but I'm not witty or impractical or even curious enough beyond a point. My intellectual curiosity in a big part is subordinated to goals I have where my drivenness makes me go deep but in part it's also pure intellectual interest, just that's not primary for me in the way Ravenclaw has it. It's a weird mix really, my motivations

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrd View Post
    All the Tumblr aesthetics for the houses pretty much show how they manage to be really broad and not well defined yet you can still say "that doesn't belong!" pretty easily. Here's one of the tiny pictures:

Ravenclaw aesthetic

Commenter: could also be a Slytherin aesthetic
    Me: NO.

(Although some of the ones that are clearly intended as one House just seem wrong anyways so I don't blame people for trying to change them, and the angel in that one could fit in Slytherclaw ones easily, Slytherdor not as much)

I also think the houses work better that way. They're like teams. It's better not to have a bunch of clones who can't cover for each other.
    Wow I really like these pics. As a Slytherclaw? =)

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Myst Mostly I just think that one looks too dreamy and light to really fit Slytherin. It's pretty nice to look at as far as Tumblr aesthetics for Hogwarts houses go though.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

So many people act more like their Secondary House. Reminds me of how people may focus on or exhibit their second instinct more than their first.

Came across another case of me mistaking someone for their second house. Based on their outward behaviour alone I would have guessed Hufflepuff, but nope, they said they are Slytherin!
    It is all about values, baby. So that person is probably a Slytherpuff showcasing their Hufflepuff-ness. It's like me coming across as pretty Ravenclaw, but actually caring about Gryffindor stuff.

So yeah. Second house confusion or mistyping. It's a thing. And I know I am thinking/talking about this way too much.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    IEI-Fe-DCh so/sx
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the buzzfeed test is interesting... i would have thought ravenclaw comes second and both hufflepuff and slytherin last.

You Are 37% Gryffindor, 28% Slytherin, 20% Hufflepuff, and 15% Ravenclaw!
    Like Harry Potter himself, your allegiances definitely lie with Gryffindor, but Slytherin may be a better fit for you than you’d originally think. Your passion for adventure, excitement, and new experiences means that Gryffindor is the perfect place for you. You are fiercely loyal to your closest friends – sometimes even to a fault – and the recklessness and optimism that comes with being a Gryffindor combined with the ambition of Slytherin will ensure that you go far in life.

Your slight compatibility with Hufflepuff house suggests a deep love and appreciation for those close to you, which you may keep hidden for fear of being hurt.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

You Are 38% Gryffindor, 25% Ravenclaw, 21% Slytherin, and 16% Hufflepuff!
    Just like Hermione Granger, you were ultimately placed in Gryffindor, but the Sorting Hat seriously considered putting you in Ravenclaw. You are a natural born leader, often taking control of the reins from others whose recklessness or dedication to facts and knowledge clouds their judgment. You are intelligent, but acknowledge that there are more important things in life, and therefore aim to use your intelligence and determination to fight for what you believe to be right.

Your slight compatibility with Slytherin house suggests a determination to succeed, though not at the expense of traits from your more dominant houses.

I couldn't honestly answer some of the questions because I didn't remember the books well enough so just went with what I liked the sound of.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

You Are 38% Gryffindor, 25% Ravenclaw, 21% Slytherin, and 16% Hufflepuff!
    Just like Hermione Granger, you were ultimately placed in Gryffindor, but the Sorting Hat seriously considered putting you in Ravenclaw. You are a natural born leader, often taking control of the reins from others whose recklessness or dedication to facts and knowledge clouds their judgment. You are intelligent, but acknowledge that there are more important things in life, and therefore aim to use your intelligence and determination to fight for what you believe to be right.

Your slight compatibility with Slytherin house suggests a determination to succeed, though not at the expense of traits from your more dominant houses.

I couldn't honestly answer some of the questions because I didn't remember the books well enough so just went with what I liked the sound of.
    Hm I see, maybe the result would be more accurate if you knew what all the terms meant.

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Retook the Buzzfeed test, this is what I got.

The description itself is rather accurate, though the Sorting Hat put me into Gryffindor and I simply have a greater affinity for that House, so I'll just stick with Gryffinclaw, but Ravendor is certainly a close follow-up (apparently).

@Fay, please take this test. @Chae, what do you get? @lungs @Adam Strange
    Thanks a lot! Very ambitious and powerful () questions, can really recommend this test to the Harry Potter connoisseurs and cracks here.

This is where I belong.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Hm I see, maybe the result would be more accurate if you knew what all the terms meant.
    Maybe I'm not that hufflepuff-ish ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Do I really seem like somebody who is always nice and strives to love everyone? That's what the center of the hufflepuff philosophy seems to be. I think it fits you better than me.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Maybe I'm not that hufflepuff-ish ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Do I really seem like somebody who is always nice and strives to love everyone? That's what the center of the hufflepuff philosophy seems to be. I think it fits you better than me.
    I'm not always nice and agreeable (anymore), as my interactions on this forum must have shown.

But sure, I mean at the end of the day, it is up to you to decide which House you belong in.

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    For the Harry Potter fans among us! What's your house?

If you don't know or haven't consulted the Sorting Hat yet --> create a quick account on Pottermore and then take the test.

My result (Hufflepuff people please get into my zone )
    something is wrong here, why do I get Gryffindor?
    and why can't I retake the quiz?

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Simo View Post
    something is wrong here, why do I get Gryffindor?
    and why can't I retake the quiz?
    Which house do you want to be in?

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Retook the Buzzfeed test, this is what I got.

The description itself is rather accurate, though the Sorting Hat put me into Gryffindor and I simply have a greater affinity for that House, so I'll just stick with Gryffinclaw, but Ravendor is certainly a close follow-up (apparently).

@Fay, please take this test. @Chae, what do you get? @lungs @Adam Strange
    You Are 33% Gryffindor, 32% Ravenclaw, 21% Slytherin, and 14% Hufflepuff!

Just as I said in the chat, in the exact order ! The previous test was shitty...

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Is it possible to change your House as you grow older?

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

I looked up the "Room of Requirement" and realized I'd actually like that one better, so I changed that as my answer and got Gryffindor first...
    A few answers of the tests are interchangeable for me. And depending on that, I either get Gryffindor or Ravenclaw first, or even equal houses.

The question of whether I am either Gryffindor or Ravenclaw will never end...

I certainly act more Ravenclaw now.
    I used to act more Gryffindor when I was younger and more sociable.

You Are 31% Gryffindor, 25% Ravenclaw, 22% Hufflepuff, and 22% Slytherin! Just like Hermione Granger, you were ultimately placed in Gryffindor, but the Sorting Hat seriously considered putting you in Ravenclaw. You are a natural born leader, often taking control of the reins from others whose recklessness or dedication to facts and knowledge clouds their judgment. You are intelligent, but acknowledge that there are more important things in life, and therefore aim to use your intelligence and determination to fight for what you believe to be right.

Your slight compatibility with Hufflepuff house suggests a deep love and appreciation for those close to you, which you may keep hidden for fear of being hurt.
    Last edited by Olimpia; 07-23-2017 at 01:49 AM.

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I knew it I choose my own house!

What’s Your Hogwarts House Percentage?You Are ALL THE THINGS!

So, you're 29% Hufflepuff, 28% Ravenclaw, 28% Gryffindor, and 15% Slytherin! You seem to be an almost perfect combination of all four houses, which is incredibly rare – you’re equal in your intelligence, bravery, loyalty, and ambition. As we know, though, the Sorting Hat takes your preference into account...so it looks like you get to choose your own house. Congratulations!

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slugabed View Post
    I knew it I choose my own house!

What’s Your Hogwarts House Percentage?You Are ALL THE THINGS!

So, you're 29% Hufflepuff, 28% Ravenclaw, 28% Gryffindor, and 15% Slytherin! You seem to be an almost perfect combination of all four houses, which is incredibly rare – you’re equal in your intelligence, bravery, loyalty, and ambition. As we know, though, the Sorting Hat takes your preference into account...so it looks like you get to choose your own house. Congratulations!
    Looks like anything but Slytherin.

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Okay, so in the Buzzfeed test my sister got Griffinpuff. That does seem to fit well. She also relates more to Gryffindor.
    So the Pottermore test sorted her into her secondary house, which is not too unusual.
    Last edited by Olimpia; 07-23-2017 at 09:09 AM.

*********** 21-04-19:

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by unsuccessfull Alphamale View Post

This fits you pretty well, come on!

Sorting you into Ravenpuff. ~

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

I got my parents to do the Buzzfeed Sorting Test.

My LSE father got Slytherdor.
    My ESE mother got Huffledor.

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hufflepuff! I always thought I would get either Gryffindor or Ravenclaw! But all betas are getting gryffindor now! How is that possible?

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by empineer View Post
    Hufflepuff! I always thought I would get either Gryffindor or Ravenclaw! But all betas are getting gryffindor now! How is that possible?
    Which test did you take?

I'd encourage you to take the Buzzfeed one, it actually seems to be more accurate overall.

*********** 21-04-19:

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Cassandra took the buzzfeed one.. I could actually see the order play out in real life too.

You Are 40% Gryffindor, 22% Slytherin, 20% Ravenclaw, and 18% Hufflepuff!

Like Harry Potter himself, your allegiances definitely lie with Gryffindor, but Slytherin may be a better fit for you than you’d originally think. Your passion for adventure, excitement, and new experiences means that Gryffindor is the perfect place for you. You are fiercely loyal to your closest friends – sometimes even to a fault – and the recklessness and optimism that comes with being a Gryffindor combined with the ambition of Slytherin will ensure that you go far in life.

Your slight compatibility with Ravenclaw house hints at an appreciation for knowledge and wisdom, though they are not priorities for you.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I looked up the "Room of Requirement" and realized I'd actually like that one better, so I changed that as my answer and got Gryffindor first...
    A few answers of the tests are interchangeable for me. And depending on that, I either get Gryffindor or Ravenclaw first, or even equal houses.

The question of whether I am either Gryffindor or Ravenclaw will never end...

I certainly act more Ravenclaw now.
    I used to act more Gryffindor when I was younger and more sociable.

You Are 31% Gryffindor, 25% Ravenclaw, 22% Hufflepuff, and 22% Slytherin! Just like Hermione Granger, you were ultimately placed in Gryffindor, but the Sorting Hat seriously considered putting you in Ravenclaw. You are a natural born leader, often taking control of the reins from others whose recklessness or dedication to facts and knowledge clouds their judgment. You are intelligent, but acknowledge that there are more important things in life, and therefore aim to use your intelligence and determination to fight for what you believe to be right.

I instantly selected that room, this is perfect for practice and having a little silence.
    You're Ravenclaw to me. Even now you go on analyzing and analyzing

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Did the buzzfeed test. Thanks for the link @Medusa .

"You Are 41% Gryffindor, 24% Ravenclaw, 24% Slytherin, and 11% Hufflepuff!

Your slight compatibility with Slytherin house suggests a determination to succeed, though not at the expense of traits from your more dominant houses."

It seems accurate, IMO.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

@Medusa thanks!

You Are 38% Ravenclaw, 25% Gryffindor, 20% Hufflepuff, and 17% Slytherin!

You believe above all in the importance of wisdom, which is why you undoubtedly belong in Ravenclaw, but your sense of adventure means you may also have an affinity for Gryffindor house. You are a thrill-seeker – you love to travel and there’s nothing more exciting to you than new experiences – and believe that adventure is essential in the pursuit of knowledge. You are brave, but would never intentionally put yourself in danger, placing you firmly in Ravenclaw.

(Ravenclaw is also my house at Pottermore)
    Last edited by Not A Communist Shill; 07-23-2017 at 05:22 PM.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MaviTilki View Post
    @Cassandra took the buzzfeed one.. I could actually see the order play out in real life too.

You Are 40% Gryffindor, 22% Slytherin, 20% Ravenclaw, and 18% Hufflepuff!

Your slight compatibility with Ravenclaw house hints at an appreciation for knowledge and wisdom, though they are not priorities for you.
    Mavi you used her old username aweh

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    Yeah I understand Gryffindor the least, too. Slytherin is somehow most clear even though it's not a perfect fit. Hufflepuff is also decently easy to understand, Ravenclaw so so.
    If I had to give each house a type, Slytherin would be ILI, Ravenclaw LII, Hufflepuff ESE and Gryffindor SEE. Maybe that clears things up more.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    Which house do you want to be in?
    Ravenclaw or Slytherin

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Simo View Post
    Ravenclaw or Slytherin
    Then Ravenclaw.

I don't see any Slytherin, personally.
    But I might just not know you well enough.

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    If I had to give each house a type, Slytherin would be ILI, Ravenclaw LII, Hufflepuff ESE and Gryffindor SEE. Maybe that clears things up more.
    So that would make Slytherin and Gryffindor Duals who hate each other.
    At least in the books and movies.

Based on their behaviour, they rather seem like Conflictors or opposite Quadra.

*********** 21-04-19:

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

So that would make Slytherin and Gryffindor Duals who hate each other.
    At least in the books and movies.

Based on their behaviour, they rather seem like Conflictors or opposite Quadra.
    Nah theyre duals, they just conflict on the cause they fight for/adhere to, that's the reason they hate eachother. Duality isnt warranty for good relations.
    Besides im typing the general nature of the house, not the individual relations between the people adhering to them.
    I was just trying to give lungs a better picture of the nature of each house. You're missing my point

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    Nah theyre duals, they just conflict on the cause they fight for/adhere to, that's the reason they hate eachother. Duality isnt warranty for good relations.
    Besides im typing the general nature of the house, not the individual relations between the people adhering to them.
    I was just trying to give lungs a better picture of the nature of each house. You're missing my point
    I like to play stupid sometimes.
    Or to challenge assumptions.

Anyway, I got your point. I just found it funny that the Houses would actually be Duals.

The interesting thing is, when I told my ESE mother about the Houses, she was into Ravenclaw.
    And she scored as Hufflepuff. #Duality

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unfortunately due to my location in the world I wouldn't have gone to Hogwarts.
    I would have gone to some place called "Ilvermorny". JK should write some stories
    revolving around the other magical schools if she wants to expand her franchise.
    Everything interests me but nothing holds me.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I took an Ilvermorny test and got sorted into the "Horned Serpent" House.
    Pretty freaky looking creatures.
    Everything interests me but nothing holds me.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast