Thread: Always comes out clean

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Always comes out clean

I remember years ago there was a thread about what type is the survivor type, like the one who'd weather all job firings as other people around them get laid off like hot cakes and stuff and a member here suggested it was Isfp / SEI, because they give little off themselves, like, the minimum per situation.

Now I was wondering what type would be the one to come out clean after a major life storm, be it at work or else; Like for me personally I go all in so come out with lots of losses (could be even just a loss in reputation or w/e) but at any rate i come out somewhat dirty.

So what type would *tend to come out totally clean? I've known a couple of people like that but didn't pin their type.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I feel like the alien movies represent the primal fear or anxiety of IEI stealing your girlfriend

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    I remember years ago there was a thread about what type is the survivor type, like the one who'd weather all job firings as other people around them get laid off like hot cakes and stuff and a member here suggested it was Isfp / SEI, because they give little off themselves, like, the minimum per situation.

Now I was wondering what type would be the one to come out clean after a major life storm, be it at work or else; Like for me personally I go all in so come out with lots of losses (could be even just a loss in reputation or w/e) but at any rate i come out somewhat dirty.

So what type would *tend to come out totally clean? I've known a couple of people like that but didn't pin their type.
    I don't think this is so much type-related as related to how invested you are, how much of yourself you put into something. That kind of investment could be related to enneagram sx instinct if it's related to something, and so people with low sx might tend to come out cleaner. Not only the lower investment, but also the fact that they'd have a better social support system in place and/or other resources built up to depend on (so and sp.)

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How is this different from the original question? (Is it supposed to be?)

If you are talking about emotional resilience then it seems that Fe ego types tend to be the most strongly affected by their experiences and can go into long periods of depression if something bad happens.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    How is this different from the original question? (Is it supposed to be?)

If you are talking about emotional resilience then it seems that Fe ego types tend to be the most strongly affected by their experiences and can go into long periods of depression if something bad happens.
    They are related, but different:

A survivor might come out clean or dirty, it doesn't matter so long as they 'survive' something; it doesn't matter how they come out of something as long as they do.

The situation I describe has different assessment criteria: the persons seem to come out completely unstained after a, for instance, complex and difficult situation.

Thanks @squark

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're welcome @Delilah

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The survivor type is me since my TIM is Uebermensch. Anyways, just look at people who survive and type them. In any case, I think it depends on what matters to you. Anyone can hurt your reputation, physical well-being, etc. at any moment, but if it doesn't matter to you, then you're subjectively "clean". If they're all the same type as you, or some wildly different type than you, then you need to re-evaluate your whole life.

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    Then I need to run into ILI like Myst wants to type me. SEEs tend to be super attractive anyways.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    I feel like the alien movies represent the primal fear or anxiety of IEI stealing your girlfriend
    There is a movie that you should totally watch and it's called "Troll Hunter". It's about the giant trolls of Norway. I feel like you will deeply relate and no, not to the hunters.

TIM
    IEI-Fe (9)62 sx/?
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Could just be people who are good at pretending to be unaffected/recovered/suitably ok. Either to themselves or to other people, or both.
    Reason is a whore.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Somehow this reminds me of Gulenko stress resistance groups. My guess would be one of the types in the 'resistant to stress' group.

Result Irrational types: SLE(ESTp) IEI(INFp) SLI(ISTp) IEE(ENFp) - resistant to stress

These types are elastic, springy. They are the most stress-resistant types which show resilience against immediate stress loads. Their advantage is that they perform well in extreme situations. They are mobilized by unexpected changes in situations – this gives them a new drive. Ability to work effectively in stressful environments adds a new trait to their temperament – elasticity. SLE and IEI maneuver and evade sudden blows. SLI and IEE wait the storm out in a safe location.

These types have anchors in space – they develop habits to do specific actions at certain locations. For SLEs this is often their home, their territory. For SLIs this is their workplace where he feels relaxed and unrestrained.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

in the strictest and also most literal sense Pilate comes to mind, who washed his hands. Something like that, except not quite. that's an interesting passage @chips and underwear
    Last edited by Delilah; 04-29-2017 at 06:03 AM.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

in the strictest and also most literal sense Pilate comes to mind, who washed his hands. Something like that, except not quite. that's an interesting passage @chips and underwear
    There's a kind of slipperiness that some people have - like the guy whose company goes down, and he walks away with a pile of money and starts a new company like nothing happened, while everyone else is struggling and out of work. Some people know how to just slide out of the way before everything collapses. I suppose intuition and some measure of deviousness would play a part in that kind of thing.