Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do SEIs-ISFps struggle with introspection?

TIM
    IEI-Fe
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wasp View Post
    I find this so interesting because it echoes my IEE friend's thoughts concerning his heightened self-awareness, like how he has a hard time "letting go" of himself unless he's under the influence of a substance that distracts his mind long enough for him to act naturally (which makes him sound like an addict, but he isn't yet, it's mostly in reference to mild stimulants like coffee) otherwise he loses himself in a rabbit hole of self-meta-analyses, which he'll verbally walk you through if he's comfortable enough with you. who knew a single person could harbor so many thoughts about a relatively insignificant event?

you know that person who realizes that they probably seem sketchy walking through the supermarket without buying anything, and so they try to act the opposite of sketchy in order to correct those assumptions, which has the inverse effect of making them seem even more sketchy, and so on and so forth? yeah, that's him, except it happens with everyone, everyday, everywhere, but it's usually internalized, which makes his behavior fairly hard to read unless you're familiar with him beforehand. it's like he starts weaving a web of long-winded justifications before you've even accused him of anything yet because, at least from his own perspective, he can see why what he just said/did may come across as something other than what it was actually meant to be, like he'll even interrupt himself mid-sentence in order to avoid misunderstandings of that nature, which in turn breeds even more misunderstandings.

I think he has a tendency to orchestrate chaos around himself, inadvertently, which is both sad and stupidly cute to witness as an outside observer.
    I wonder if this is an intuition lead thing in general or intuition + type 6. This describes my life so much. I tend to preempt people's questions before they would naturally ask them in conversations, and then I give them answers ahead of time and then they get more confused because they never asked anything. My perspective is that I can see what's coming, so I should clarify, right? But the other person doesn't see what questions are "common" or "expected" about what I'm telling them (because they don't already have the fully-formed information on hand, because they're not mind-readers), so from their perspective I'm just frontloading them with information before they have the time to comprehend it. Sometimes keeping my mouth shut feels like watching the conversation go in slow motion.

I tend to call these situations "outsmarting myself". I generate my own confusion.
    Phobic So/Sp 6w7 3w2 9w1
    Bit of a comic books nerd, bit of a fashion nerd, a lot of a generalized nerd

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

One person said to me: you have amazing self-knowledge but very low self-esteem.

To have low self esteem is to believe the worst of yourself despite the evidence or other people's opinions.
    So, I should be self-deluded? Nah... I prefer to be objective about myself. Why should I trust people when it comes to myself?
    Last edited by The Reality Denialist; 04-08-2018 at 09:57 PM.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see how anyone can be more deeply introspective as I have been so far in my own life.

The thing about SEIs is, well for me anyway, I feel no need to broadcast my introspection and self-examinations of conscience, reasons for personal philosophy etc to others. It is all plenty there but I keep much about my inner self completely private. Perhaps this is why some falsely perceive Isfp to be shallow? Also, my thought processes and reasonings run a thousand miles per second. It feels like an unnecessary burden to have to explain what seems already obvious to me to others who are not quite as astute toward potentials and reasonings. Anyway, long before those "Wreck This Journals" we're being produced, I developed a habit of destroying all my personal journals from over the years after they seemed to have served their purpose for my inner thoughts. I tend to remember the contents anyway from events - Heck, I still recall assignments from Kindergarten. It probably helps the process of not feeling quite so "stuck" in my life. Ahh, perhaps revealing too much there ...

Do other SEIs here feel similarly?
    ~* astralsilky

Each essence is a separate glass,
    Through which Sun of Being’s Light is passed,
    Each tinted fragment sparkles with the Sun,
    A thousand colors, but the Light is One.

Jami, 15th c. Persian Poet

Post types & fully individuated before 2012 ...

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seeing how I started this thread I should probably continue.

Bertrand stated something along the lines you just said vessel of the eastern sky.

What looks like lack of introspection in SEI is actually more along the lines of introspection so deep and hidden that it remains unknown to others.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12