Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Type Ucenna

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ ucenna, Number 9 large:

Well, I'm only talking here based on what I have seen of the types, and I can see all three in ucenna to an extent.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Something to consider: Benefit relations. For ESE those would be SLE (ESE more attracted) and IEE (IEE more attracted).

Which means you keep looking for amount of that would make SLE bit uncomfortable but she would deliver it while leaving her needs totally discarded.
    Last edited by The Reality Denialist; 12-28-2017 at 07:24 PM.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    IEI as Pie
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dee View Post
    @ ucenna, Number 9 large:

Well, I'm only talking here based on what I have seen of the types, and I can see all three in ucenna to an extent.
    Thanks you! :3

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Nr 007 View Post
    Something to consider: Benefit relations. For ESE those would be SLE (ESE more attracted) and IEE (IEE more attracted).

Which means you keep looking for amount of that would make SLE bit uncomfortable but she would deliver it while leaving her needs totally discarded.
    Oh that's fair. I will admit that ESE is much easier to imagine than SEI. I can imagine Si as a valued function, although I don't think it is. But Si as a base function is too much for me. Ni as a POLR however, is much more difficult. At the vary least, ESE does check the boxes somewhat better than SEI does.

I shall still however, stubbornly stick to IEI. I believe it to be so, and so it shall be. Until life proves me wrong. Then that castle shall fall and burn.

You seem sure that Ne is amongst my valued function. More specifically, you don't think it's my ignoring function. Why is that? And what exactly is the ignoring function. I'm familiar with the term, but I've also heard a lot of people on this forum or in general indicate that the ignoring functions description is somewhat lacking or vague and unuseful.

Also isn't typing via relations some sort of taboo? I'm all for taboo, but relations only goes to solidify IEI in my head.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Well, is kind of psyche intense stuff. I don't now how much you do it IRL.

I think socionics ultimately boils down to interplay between different types since all types can use all the IE's to some extent.

Even ESE would get overwhelmed by they need to deliver to IEE since needs are left unmet.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    IEI as Pie
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, is kind of psyche intense stuff. I don't now how much you do it IRL.

I think socionics ultimately boils down to interplay between different types since all types can use all the IE's to some extent.

Even ESE would get overwhelmed by they need to deliver to IEE since needs are left unmet.
    Oh Ni is like that. I do enjoy puzzling things out, rather a lot. Turning them over in my head, integrating them into my understanding. I don't like having unsolved problems. Base is supposed to be on almost always, right? The behavior in myself that I associate with Ni is almost always present. I've had to grow up recently, starting college and moving out and all, so there are times where I'm trying to build and use other IEs, but my default is almost definitely Ni. That or the mental behaviors I associate with Ni are totally skewed. I'm a programmer, puzzling things out and forging connections is what I do. Or will do, I'm just a programmer in training at the moment. But I'm crazy good at it. I very much like learning, and I was good at coding before I started the program. I decided to teach myself "functional programming" on the side because my courses gave me a good learning environment for them. "Functional programming" is difficult to explain to the initiated, and so probably even harder to explain to the uninitiated. I will still try to though. I shall do my best.

Functional programming is simply a different way to write your code. Most code is a series of instructions. To do this job here's the first step, here's the second step, and here's the third step. There's a focus on the process, the "how things are done" of the code. In programming, this would be called "imperative". Functional Programming strives to step away from this. It abstracts the whole thing. Instead of giving a series of instructions, functional programming focuses on describing the process. As an example, imagine trying to find a pair of socks. With the "imperative" approach you would 1st, choose a sock; 2nd find another sock; 3rd decide if the two socks match; and 4th, if they don't repeat steps 2-4, otherwise you're done. Conversely, in "functional" programming you would 1st, choose the sock; and 2nd, "find" all the socks that match it.
    Both have advantages, "imperative" is more true to the process that humans go through to do their jobs, "functional" is more true to the idea of what's going on behind that.

Sorry, I started talking about coding. That automatically leads to a tangent, even if that tangent is never verbalized.

I really really love building conceptual understandings of things and integrating them into my understandings of other things. Adding a new understanding can sometimes have ripples. Analyzing things in general is just something I do a lot. Trying to figure them out. I don't really tire of it, except for when I get stuck in a rut. I could go over things in my head for hours on end, but sometimes I just need to be doing something. Only puzzling things out all the time isn't going to get me anywhere.

To further give a scale to the amount of consideration//puzzling//connecting I do, I will say this. I do a lot of thinking before making many(?most?) of my response on this thread (and in general, but this thread is an actual present event in my mind so... I'll shut up now.). And though my responses themselves might be short or not as thought out(I just sort of write them). I have heavily considered things said. I've pictured myself as both an SEI and ESE; analyzed myself in real time in regards to them and considered the ripple affect that me being those types(and not the IEI I think I am) would have on my internal understanding of typology, personality, and life in general(I would act differently, my self perception influences my behavior. I haven't decided if this is a general trait, one specific to Ni/Se types, one specific to Fe/Ti types, or one specific to me and some other category{Also, I'm pretty sure I'm Ti HA).).
    I also imagine how I might respond and be responded to. This is significant, because this is actually rather reflective of my internal monologue. I talk to people I know in my head. I'm not crazy, I swear. It's just how I reconcile different perspectives in my head and how I parse things for more easy communication.
    I also imagine where perspectives might have come from; why the source might have been interpretted the way it was; and how the source came to be itself and how the source of the source affects it's relevance, my communication, and everything else.

Wow, That happened. Sorry for the wall of text. I've been trying to avoid going too in depth because I know this will happen if I do, but I made an exception today.

So just quick responses to the rest. I think ITR is a relevant way to type so long as you're mindful of it's basis. Your perspective on types and relations must be right, as must the perspective of the person being typed. If not, typing via ITR is gonna be problematic and disconnected. Thing is if someone is unsure of their type, they don't usually have a good handle on other people's types as well. Not exclusively of course, there is a dissonance between one's self perspective and one's perspective of others and//or their perspective on him. But one does have to be careful in such situations.

As for my IEE friend, I never really viewed that as a benefits relationship. Just sorta a disconnect. We never really saw eye to eye on things, and there was often misunderstandings. Actions and motivations and stuff. I may have expressed that I was fulfilling a caregiver role for her, which is true in a sort of objective way. That is I was doing nice or caregiver-y things in a non typological sense. Giving her rides to places maybe, or listening to her rants. She was a friend, shouldn't friends look out for each other. But that felt one sided, which ultimately contributed to the loss of the friendship. It started getting to the point where us hanging out was me coming to her dorm and chatting whilst she did chores or cooked food or something. We stopped doing anything "fun" together, and I began to realize that we had vastly differing interests. The relationship was imbalanced. And not in a Benefits sort of way. In an unhealthy sort of way. And yes, if I *was* an ESE benefits relations and unhealthy relationships would probably look remarkably similar to me. But I'm not, and these weren't. How do I know, well I just know. At the least, I have to assume I know. To question my discernment of reality is to question reality itself. If I can't assume that I'm discerning things accurately, then how am I to be able to trust my thoughts at all?

Thanks for reading this! Sorry it's long. Cheers!!

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Well, in that case IEI might be fine but EIE might be worthy to take into consideration as you deal with technicalities () and of course their dialectical algorithmic thinking style.

Maybe some -HA
    Last edited by The Reality Denialist; 12-29-2017 at 02:47 PM.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    IEI as Pie
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, in that case IEI might be fine but EIE might be worthy to take into consideration as you deal with technicalities () and of course their dialectical algorithmic thinking style.

Maybe some -HA
    Okey dokey! And thank you! I'll keep EIE in my head, I'd thought about it before. For now though, I'm gonna stick with IEI until something big and scary comes to jog that out of place. Thank ye, thank ye!

TIM
    female
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ne ego... or maybe...

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stopped video at about 2:40, to say maybe that brief impression I got of IEE from your avatar pic wasn't too far off. You don't sit still, you're moving all over the place and looking this way and that. Will add notes further as I watch more:

-you mention ADD er yeah lol, could be why you seem Ne ego and EP (or maybe you actually are Ne ego and EP) - quite scattered going this and that way both physically and mentally
    . . . and then you say you're more focused in this one? wow. k.
    -stopping at about 7 min. to say, take a look at Ne lead and see what you think - if you do think you're Fe rather than Fi, consider ILE. Post #45 where you talk about "Ni" it actually sounds more like Ti to me. The all-over-the-place tangent stuff looks like could be Ne. Idk how much ADD will change type-appearance. If you're sure about your type, then ignore me lol, this is just a suggestion.
    -k enough. stopping at 10:30 lol, Ne. my opinion, look into it and see what you think.

TIM
    IEI as Pie
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    Stopped video at about 2:40, to say maybe that brief impression I got of IEE from your avatar pic wasn't too far off. You don't sit still, you're moving all over the place and looking this way and that. Will add notes further as I watch more:

-you mention ADD er yeah lol, could be why you seem Ne ego and EP (or maybe you actually are Ne ego and EP) - quite scattered going this and that way both physically and mentally
    . . . and then you say you're more focused in this one? wow. k.
    -stopping at about 7 min. to say, take a look at Ne lead and see what you think - if you do think you're Fe rather than Fi, consider ILE. Post #45 where you talk about "Ni" it actually sounds more like Ti to me. The all-over-the-place tangent stuff looks like could be Ne. Idk how much ADD will change type-appearance. If you're sure about your type, then ignore me lol, this is just a suggestion.
    -k enough. stopping at 10:30 lol, Ne. my opinion, look into it and see what you think.
    Oh yeah! I do have ADD, but I've just sorta coped with it. It hasn't killed me yet. Video 1 was still a bit crazy. After going through 3 videos in a row, my head was feeling stretched. Vid 2 where I go through some of the questionnaire is better.
    I'll look into Ne lead and post back tomorrow. One of the things I like about xEI is that the Feeling and Thinking IEs seem to fit real well. I'd definitely go with Fe for a creative function, My Fi is something I think is fairly strong, so it makes sense for it to be Demonstrative. Ti is something I tend to get obsessive about, but I've never thought of myself as good with it, so that's HA. And then, Te is just, grrr so PoLR.

I will look at Ne though. Troll Nr 007 also seems to see Ne somewhere. But, I have the stubbornness of an ox, and until I see it I ain't budging. >_<

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ucenna

You sounded manlier the second time I watched your video, but then all of a sudden you will uh fag out (For lack of a better phrase) and do something really Fe and gay that makes me think 'yep male IEI.' The tone feel so naturally playful and humorous. It's pretty confusing... but very funny.

You sound rather innocent and good natured. Is this accurate or an illusion. I don't know.

Watching your other type me video, and your interests are a lot like mine.

TIM
    IEI as Pie
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by starrangel View Post
    @ucenna

You sounded manlier the second time I watched your video, but then all of a sudden you will uh fag out (For lack of a better phrase) and do something really Fe and gay that makes me think 'yep male IEI.' The tone feel so naturally playful and humorous. It's pretty confusing... but very funny.

You sound rather innocent and good natured. Is this accurate or an illusion. I don't know.

Watching your other type me video, and your interests are a lot like mine.
    Thank you, that makes me glad.

I'd say I am generally innocent and good natured. It's sorta my default. And people matter to me. But also, it's a convenient vibe to give off when I need to do less than innocent or good natured things.

Thanks for watching!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12