Thread: Enneagram type 2 flirting vs just being themselves

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Enneagram type 2 flirting vs just being themselves

So how do you know when an E2 is genuinely in love with you vs just being an E2?

Creepy-pikachu

Commitment

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

When E2 marries you.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Well yeah, E2, you know I love you when I'm in a committed relationship with you otherwise, you're a friend, someone I'll take care of to the best of my abilities, or you're just a person out there, a part of humanity.

I flirt with a person, A PERSON, I'm in a relationship with; it's hard for me flirt like my sister does, which is just a social thing for gauging people's emotions or better to just get a rise out of people. Alpha can flirt so generously, with total strangers. I can't.

There's a huge impetus to hold the public at a far distance from me; I choose to love certain people, I'll bring them into me, envelope them, but otherwise, the men that exists out there are just people, they are not objects of affection because I don't see people as objects, I view them as subjects; they are human beings and fall under the general guise of treating them with certain moral regard "as any kind person would"; this is my subject of love, "he's a kind person, who is there for me and loves me; calls on me to make sure I'm not sick, takes care of me."

I think this comes from how I view sex and morality; sex to me is not, even if I were religious, "a way to explore what in others I like" it's more like "what I want to give to someone I love."
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 01-05-2013 at 03:57 PM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    So how do you know when an E2 is genuinely in love with you vs just being an E2?
    You could also evaluate her as an individual without overtly simplifying labels but I guess you must be too Aristocratic for that, right?
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know about relationships, but my mom is an E2 and flirts with just about everyone. She showers people with compliments, always laughs at their jokes etc. However with me (and the rest of my immediate family) she is not like that so much. She doesn't seem to suppress so much and reveals the less "desirable" side of her, like she really shouts sometimes - usually at me because I am and I quote "a sarcastic little shit" xD. She wouldn't dare behave this way with others and in a strange way (well I don't think it's strange but you might) that's how I know she loves me. She is very reluctant to ask for help but she will come to me sometimes. I think it sounds like I am saying that you know if an E2 loves you if they are being a pain in the ass lol, but I'm not. To be honest I don't think this just goes for E2, I think you know someone loves you when they show all sides of themselves - no matter how ugly - because they are comfortable with you. From the way my mom has been calling me all the names under the sun (I can't help being hilarious) she must really love me

Are you talking about an particular person or is this just a hypothetical question? Because if this is a potential partner it's best not to let types get in the way. You should communicate, that's the way you will know.

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly View Post
    I don't know about relationships, but my mom is an E2 and flirts with just about everyone. She showers people with compliments, always laughs at their jokes etc. However with me (and the rest of my immediate family) she is not like that so much. She doesn't seem to suppress so much and reveals the less "desirable" side of her, like she really shouts sometimes - usually at me because I am and I quote "a sarcastic little shit" xD. She wouldn't dare behave this way with others and in a strange way (well I don't think it's strange but you might) that's how I know she loves me. She is very reluctant to ask for help but she will come to me sometimes. I think it sounds like I am saying that you know if an E2 loves you if they are being a pain in the ass lol, but I'm not. To be honest I don't think this just goes for E2, I think you know someone loves you when they show all sides of themselves - no matter how ugly - because they are comfortable with you. From the way my mom has been calling me all the names under the sun (I can't help being hilarious) she must really love me

Are you talking about an particular person or is this just a hypothetical question? Because if this is a potential partner it's best not to let types get in the way. You should communicate, that's the way you will know.
    They drop the facade. That makes total sense, I like that.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They drop the facade. That makes total sense, I like that.
    Wow I realise how much I rambled when I could have summed it all up in a couple of sentences lol. This is how you know that a two is comfortable around you anyways, in my experience. I did a course where the majority if people were prospective student nurses (including me but I haven't bothered going to nursing school) and the majority were type 2s. A few became very good friends of mine and although still warm hearted and people pleasers did start to drop the facade as time went by, realising they didn't have to earn my love or anything.

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    You could also evaluate her as an individual without overtly simplifying labels but I guess you must be too Aristocratic for that, right?
    Spare me your touchy feely crap you populist. I met a girl who is a psychology nightmare in the realm of manipulation and this is how I fight back against her sexy oppression.

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly View Post
    Its a particular person. She's great, I've already brought up the fact that I feel like she's posing as something she isn't, and that in the week I've known her, I've already noticed that she has "that thing" that I want in a woman. I think I can sorta sense her doing a sort of space shuttle re-entry. She'll give me a little taste of something she actually is, see how I react, then give me a few more things she knows I like. Sorta waning me into who she actually is. There are some things that make me a little uncomfortable because they're excessively girly, but it would seem to me she's just pushing my buttons to see what she can get away with.

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spare me your touchy feely crap you populist. I met a girl who is a psychology nightmare in the realm of manipulation and this is how I fight back against her sexy oppression.
    You haven't met my exes.

Well, good luck and remember that
    SOCIONICS WILL PROVIDE YOU THE KEY IN DEFEATING THAT SCHEMING SEDUCTRESS!

I hope you enjoy being single.
    Last edited by Aquagraph; 01-06-2013 at 06:07 AM. Reason: I almost forgot my encouraging attitude.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

TIM
    LIE-Ni (Ne)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She let's you put your thing in her thing. And you're the only one allowed.