Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Oprah Winfrey

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^Pretty much. I couldn't describe any working model or theoretical backing I use, really. All I can do is point out the phenomena readily apparent in experience, and hope its integrity isn't sullied by the congested theoretical filters so many here love to use. But I suppose you apply that same banal, top-down approach to people, outside of a socionics perspective as well -- preferring to group them into some conceived category to make it easier to contextualize their words and actions, lest you actually look at the person themselves.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    Haha, I don't mind being a idiot, but I refuse to believe that these two men are the same.

YouTube - Gordon Ramsay Hells Kitchen American Season 2 Highlights!!
    On a side note, I have always wondered why do others enjoy watching this show.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bump.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Oprah Gail Winfrey

Let's discuss her type again for shits and giggles.

I still think she's delta. Come on it's OPRAH. My arch-nemesis. She has to be in the conflicting quadra as me. I have her pegged as IEE. but some say she's EIE.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

"I feel ... weirdly emotional. Am I about to cry? I like Iyanla more than I like Oprah, actually. She’s super funny. Her whole speech uses shopping sales as metaphor. It doesn’t feel very spiritual, per se, but it does make me want to change some things. She’s ultimately more relatable than Oprah, who hovers above us on her holy plane. Iyanla just gets that women really like dick and are sometimes stupid about it."

http://nymag.com/thecut/2014/10/desperately-seeking-oprah.html

TIM
    Si 6 spsx
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“Real integrity is doing the right thing, knowing that nobody’s going to know whether you did it or not.”

“When I look at the future, it's so bright it burns my eyes!”

“Dogs are my favorite role models. I want to work like a dog, doing what I was born to do with joy and purpose. I want to play like a dog, with total, jolly abandon. I want to love like a dog, with unabashed devotion and complete lack of concern about what people do for a living, how much money they have, or how much they weigh. The fact that we still live with dogs, even when we don't have to herd or hunt our dinner, gives me hope for humans and canines alike.”

“When people show you who they are, believe them the first time.
    ~Maya Angelou
    Remember this because it will happen many times in your life. When people show you who they are the first time believe them. Not the 29th. time. When a man doesn't call you back the first time, when you are mistreated the first time, when someone shows you lack of integrity or dishonesty the first time, know that this will be followed many many other times, that will some point in life come back to haunt or hurt you. Live your life in truth. Don't pretend to be someone you're not. You will survive anything if you live your life from the point of view of truth.”

“Some women have a weakness for shoes... I can go barefoot if necessary. I have a weakness for books.”

I think she's Delta.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

EIE, clear EJ but I've seen some peeps like Silke type her IEE and Delta here. What do you and @yeves find so Delta about her though, out of curiosity. I usually don't trust people's typings more so when they mention quadra because I figure it is based off of something stereotypical and not function-related and I kinda find the values bullshitty but it's nice to see how people define quadras and the differences which can help.
    Last edited by Olly From Wally World; 03-03-2015 at 05:34 PM.

drooneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

EIE. EJ. Fe. Duh.

Creepy-theticalanti

I just wanted to tag @BulletsAndDoves in this thread if he hadn't seen it already. Figures you would have started it.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yeves View Post
    “Real integrity is doing the right thing, knowing that nobody’s going to know whether you did it or not.”

I think she's Delta.
    a sense of integrity and "doing the right thing" is not exclusive to Fi or Delta. In fact, it can be more of a non-Fi valuing thing.

Fi is about preserving/influencing relationships, which can in some situations actually involve not doing the right thing, in favor of doing what the other person would want you to do (which on second thought, to the Fi-valuer would be the "right thing to do", i guess). It's all relative.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Well all quadras have their flaws. For Betas it's being stuck in tar, in being trapped in a perception without properly evolving from it. For Deltas, it's their hubris/arrogance and narcissism.

Now I guess here's the part where you say 'now come on that's not type related. It's stereotypical and everybody can be arrogant and holier-than-thou.'

But Deltas are just that way naturally. It's objective or something.

And Oprah obviously looks down on people in her audience. (I call them her Middle Class Mommy Minions) She obviously has a high opinion of herself or she wouldn't be so successful. She isn't the anti-christ or anything but... I mean er she does do that. An ENFj would be a lot more humble and use self-depreciating humor. Even when Oprah tries to use self-depreciating humor to be more relateable she just gets it wrong. But bless her poor Delta heart, she just can't help it.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    Well all quadras have their flaws. For Betas it's being stuck in tar, in being trapped in a perception without properly evolving from it. For Deltas, it's their hubris/arrogance and narcissism.

Now I guess here's the part where you say 'now come on that's not type related. It's stereotypical and everybody can be arrogant and holier-than-thou.'

And Oprah obviously looks down on people in her audience. (I call them her Middle Class Mommy Minions) She obviously has a high opinion of herself or she wouldn't be so successful. She isn't the anti-christ or anything but... I mean er she does do that. An ENFj would be a lot more humble and use self-depreciating humor. Even when Oprah tries to use self-depreciating humor to be more relateable she just gets it wrong. But bless her poor Delta heart, she just can't help it.
    Hahaha, you're hilarious, truck. But yeah, interestingly enough, I see some of what you said about Deltas more in Betas and Gammas. Only stereotype I've heard of Deltas that you mentioned was the judginess which I kinda disagree with to an extent.

There is a stronger tendency for egos to seem arrogant or narcissistic, imo. Seems to come from feeling as if you know what's really going on in the background (behind and beyond the surface), what's going on within people, seeking to perceive universal truths, having grand(iose) or visionary things in their mind or things that go against present reality as people live it. This sorta makes egos frustrated with present reality too while also feeling as if most people aren't seeing these things or the truth, misunderstanding them, are being misguided by illusions or superficial aspects, not paying attention to what's really going on, not living up to these truths or their unrealistic standards, etc, making some of them (seem) egotistical, arrogant, opinionated, stubborn, etc. Kanye West is a good example of this, lol.

I notice it in myself but also you, you in your certainty about universal truths regarding sexuality, gender and women, the inner dynamics and the frustration with the present reality of these things.

IEEs usually seem pretty open as Exxps to me, Oprah doesn't really have that free exploratory aspect of herself and very much seems like she has an agenda or is trying to keep her environment in check or whatever (not just on her show) rather than seeking to experience its arising possibilities. She seems more kinda closed/formal-like to me (not as in close-minded but more of a seriousness interacting with the environment) which screams of ExxJ and she seems more obviously ethical than anything else by far, before even being intuitive.
    Last edited by Olly From Wally World; 03-03-2015 at 10:32 PM.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Since when is Beta some humble democratic quadra? Have I missed something? Also, typing solely by subjective perception of quadra values and who likes who is idiotic.

TIM
    SLI 5w6
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suz View Post
    a sense of integrity and "doing the right thing" is not exclusive to Fi or Delta. In fact, it can be more of a non-Fi valuing thing.
    I strongly disagree that it's more of a non-Fi thing. It doesn't really make sense, tbh.

Fi is about preserving/influencing relationships, which can in some situations actually involve not doing the right thing, in favor of doing what the other person would want you to do (which on second thought, to the Fi-valuer would be the "right thing to do", i guess). It's all relative.
    Fi has a lot to do with the right thing. Fi types may be loyal to the people they have formed bonds with (maybe ntr) and can be more prone to favoritism and being more likely to overlook transgressions when it comes to someone they feel has otherwise good intentions (it depends on the weight of the wrong, but it can be easy for an Fi type to see it as a wayward moment that all are at times prone toward), but doing the right thing, in a moral, right/wrong sense is Fi. Ti types can act in a similar fashion when it comes to principles, but as far as motivation to do the right thing because it's right and the person knows it deep inside, that is Fi. Ti's motivation that lends toward integrity just isn't the same and tends to come from a more detached, logical standpoint.

To be more on topic, I always thought Oprah was a good example of IEE. So I'm not just agreeing with BnD for the sake of agreeing with him. And IEEs can be rigid and formal seeming, relatively speaking. It's not what I consider a temperament thing, at all. Thinking that, on a professional level, someone who acts in such a way must be a rational type is a good way to mistype people.

I guess I feel Oprah is too outwardly cold and lacking in expression. Even with stricter EIEs, there seems to be a level of warmth and outward expression that Oprah, to me, lacks. In short, I don't see the Fe.
    Last edited by aixelsyd; 03-03-2015 at 11:02 PM.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fi-IEE. her brand of narcissism and ingratiating presumption is quite different than the more forthright, emotionally tactical offensiveness you sometimes get with EIEs. there's also a surface warmth that belies a deeper absence of enduring emotion that suggests delta > beta (internal dynamics is very fixated in this regard).

the EIE typing justification of 'scheming, using pseudo-delta ploys to manipulate the masses' is rather facile.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    Si 6 spsx
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Olly From Wally World View Post
    EIE, clear EJ ...
    Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    EIE. EJ. Fe. Duh.
    How is she a "clear EJ"? Why did you put her in Beta quadra? How is she Ti-seeking? How is she Se hidden agenda? How is her life that of a rational type?

So many unanswered questions about her EIE typing.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think she is Alpha or Delta, and either ESE or LSE. Does this not sound like Si? This really does not sound like an EIE to me.

I remember seeing the video for this transcript last year:

"I love the word delicious. The way it rolls off my tongue delights me. And even more delectable than a delicious meal is a delicious experience, rich and layered like a fine coconut cake. I had one this past birthday—both the cake and the experience. It was one of those moments I call a God wink—when out of the blue everything lines up just perfectly.

I was hanging out with a group of girlfriends in Maui for my birthday (minus Gayle, who had a previous engagement with CBS This Morning). I'd just come back from India and wanted to have a spa retreat at my house to celebrate turning 58.

As girlfriends do even at this age, we sat around the table and talked till midnight. On the night before my birthday, five of the eight of us were still at the table at 12:30 A.M., worn out from a five-hour conversation that had run the gamut from men to microdermabrasion. Lots of laughing, some tears. The kind of talking women do when we feel safe.

In two days I would be interviewing the famed spiritual teacher Ram Dass, and by coincidence I started to hum a line from a song invoking his name.

Suddenly my friend Maria said, "What's that you're humming?"

"Oh, just a line from a song I like."

She said, "I know that song. I listen to it every night."

"No way," I said. "It's an obscure song on an album by a woman named Snatam Kaur."

"Yes!" Maria said. "Yes! Yes! Snatam Kaur! I listen to her every night before I go to bed. How do you know her music?"

"Peggy"—another friend who was with us—"gave me a CD two years ago, and I've been listening ever since. I play her every day before meditating."

Now we were both screaming and laughing. "No way!"

"I actually thought of having her come to sing for my birthday," I said when I caught my breath. "Then I went, Nah, too much trouble. Had I known you liked her, too, I would have made the effort."

Later that night, lying in bed, I thought, Isn't that something. I would have gone to the trouble for a friend but not for myself. For sure I need to practice what I preach and value myself more. I went to sleep wishing I'd invited Snatam Kaur to sing.

The next day, my birthday, we had a "land blessing" with a Hawaiian chieftain. That evening we gathered on the porch for sunset cocktails. My friend Elizabeth stood up—to read a poem, I thought, or make a speech. Instead she said, "You wanted it, and now you have manifested it." She rang a small chime, and suddenly music started to play.

The music was muffled, as if the speakers weren't working. I thought, What's going on? And then there appeared, walking onto my front porch...Snatam Kaur, in her white turban. And her musicians! "How did this happen?" I cried. And cried, and cried. Maria, sitting next to me with tears in her eyes, held my hand and just nodded. "You wouldn't do it for yourself, so we did it for you."

After I'd gone to bed the night before, my friends had called to find out where Snatam Kaur was, to see if they could get her to Maui in the next 12 hours. As life and God would have it, she and her musicians were in a town 30 minutes away, preparing for a concert. And were "honored" to come and sing.

It was one of the most amazing surprises of my life. Layered with meanings I'm still deciphering.

What I know for sure: It's a moment I'll savor forever—the fact that it happened, the way it happened, that it happened on my birthday. All...so...delicious!

Read more: http://www.oprah.com/spirit/How-Opra...#ixzz3TOA2ab5y"

http://www.oprah.com/spirit/How-Opra...-58th-Birthday

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

sei
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    sei
    Reasoning?
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    Si 6 spsx
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux View Post
    How can anyone even doubt ENFj for a second?
    if you read Oprah's quotes above there's so much Si in them
    here her motions are too similar to Fallon's

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I do miss old school Oprah. She had a lot of heart. But she just really became a sell-out. Now she's like one of those generic narcissistic money hungry people that is easy to make fun of.

There's still part of her that's grounded to earth, and can question her own quackery - but she's divorced from this point of view. When she speaks this, it's like clearly this manipulative thing she's doing- and being clearly two-faced, for more power for herself. She's not passionately questioning the fallacies of the guests and lies that she promotes because nothing is at stake for her, she got what she think she wanted.

Also before Oprah became a Pure Demon Narcissist, I mean when before she acted human, she wasn't afraid of dissent or disagreement in the audience. Her new show, which got even more ridiculous the last time I checked (the newest one that's on her special private network or whatever after her main show was cancelled), it's like no audience member whatsoever is allowed to disagree with her lmao, they all simply have to agree like mindless zombie slaves. It's boring and dull. She's so afraid of criticism and conflict in herself (a typical trait of narcissists of course) that she can't even handle a stranger having another point of view. Ironically, the old natural conflict before allowed Oprah to feel real empathy and connection with her guests, and vice-versa.

She used to be a powerful advocate for the underdog, like a healthy enneagram 8 or something. Her assertiveness was well placed. Now, she is just the mean campy cheerleader bullying the losers in class; one that you want to see annihilated for how far she's taking it. It is not the proper moral thing to do, to support celebrity culture, and their narcissism. It is the ethical thing to constructively criticize them, and show them how they are misusing their power completely for their own ends. That Oprah tries to make all of this 'spiritual' is the biggest laugh riot and fakery I have ever seen in my entire life.

Nowadays she is literally a caricature, a Word of Warcraft raid boss levitating over people she's mind controlling. Her transformation didn't happen over night. She drank the blood of innocents slowly, and sold her soul a bit at a time.

She also preaches of love & spirit, but she does everything to protect herself from being hurt. It's like she doesn't understand that love is vulnerability. She has confused evil for good, power for love, and shallowness for spirit. And now adventurers, the only compassionate thing to do is kill her!

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm. ese is interesting to consider for her. i see oprah as fairly pushy and aggressive though... domineering

haha, SEE?
    Last edited by marooned; 07-28-2015 at 09:32 AM.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I liked her in The Butler.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do miss old school Oprah. She had a lot of heart. But she just really became a sell-out. Now she's like one of those generic narcissistic money hungry people that is easy to make fun of.

She is drunk off her own power. Its like psuedo-enlightement.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I don't remember if I've typed her yet but holy Te hidden agenda: Oprah: "The essential question is not, "How busy are you?' but 'What are you busy at?' 'Are you doing what fulfills you?' That's like the exact same thing that our IEE housemate used to ask: "What have you done today?", "Were you busy?", "What have you been busy doing?" "Has what you've been doing been important to you?" It was like he was expecting a detailed account of the things the other housemates did for the day.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post
    I don't remember if I've typed her yet but holy Te hidden agenda: Oprah: "The essential question is not, "How busy are you?' but 'What are you busy at?' 'Are you doing what fulfills you?' That's like the exact same thing that our IEE housemate used to ask: "What have you done today?", "Were you busy?", "What have you been busy doing?" "Has what you've been doing been important to you?" It was like he was expecting a detailed account of the things the other housemates did for the day.
    I don't think Oprah even believes in Oprah anymore. She is like a walking talking self-help book that just spews any common sense colloquiums that will tag line an empty magazine article about the 18 things that will change my life.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Having said that, she seems like a decent person who helps people so.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

4D Fe, 4D Se.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

44DD? Is that her bra size?
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i don't think she has Ne. if she values it, i'd look at ESE.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I think all ExFp types emphasise the importance of their personal image and their career goals when talking "inspirationally", and how "busy" (and at what) is is rather subjective (I would think in addition that all ExxJ types would emphasise the importance of being busy in one way or another for example.

If you selectively compare quotes on such subjects as "food", "productivity", and so on, you'll find it difficult to find any actual difference between Oprah Winfrey and say Steve Jobs except via the spin you place on the quotes. I don't think analysing quotes and photographs on their own is at all a productive typing strategy. Who is to say when a person is expressing their strengths, weaknesses, hidden agendas etc.?

You need to look at an individual's general philosophy and sentiments and embellishments and so on.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

E, F. mb ESFP

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EIE, I think.

TIM
    468 so/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol. This woman is no Beta extrovert. If she is EIE, then I got all my conception of the quadras wrong.

More than that, if she is EIE, then she is keeping a good social mask by being so soft all the time. My impression of her is that she is some kind of Judicious-ethical type.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I still remember when that alpha NT 4chan troll pwned Oprah back in 2008 by tricking her into getting publicly offended by an internet meme. Oprah is definitely Fi ego, she is very critical in the in moral wrong doings of others. IEE-Fi most likely.

Last edited by Muddy; 01-28-2016 at 08:12 AM.

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

IEE-Ne
    Last edited by Kill4Me; 01-31-2016 at 03:21 PM.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EIE
    Last edited by Jake; 03-21-2017 at 10:28 PM.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not Oprah that is crazy... but it's Socionics that is.

TIM
    Who knows
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArchonAlarion View Post
    Fi ENFp

Moralistic, goody-two-shoes, down to earth, lets share our issues, we can help the world one person at a time fucking Delta NF.

How the fuck is she Beta??? She is the opposite of Beta. Beta's would crush her and then laugh as they spit in her face. (I would too for that matter ).

Where's the Ni? Where's the Se? Where's the Ti? Where's the Fe?

Are you people up your asses that far?

FI ENFP

DELTA DELTA DELTA DELTA DELTA
    First I can't believe anyone who's into psychology theory and considers themselves good at it would buy her act. She's phony as they come, none of the values she sells are actually her own, her off camera life is a testament for that. Also, compare her to DeGeneres, who's also a hypocrite but at least it's a real IEE.

And an Alpha wants to say what a Beta would or wouldn't do while including personal bias in the equation...and this comes from a Ego

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Oprah is EIE, Phil is LSI...the two greatest bullshit artists of the last two decades.

I love this

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Personally I think Oprah is kind of a "fake Delta," an EIE who has personal interests in being wealthy and powerful, and masks them behind a humanitarian facade which she uses to manipulate people and spread her views. She might not even be totally conscious of it, but that's how I see her.
    I believe she became depressed when she came to realized this.

Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    It is clear she's ethical...

...I think SEE makes sense.
    Takes the cake, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullets View Post

I'm saving this post for future use.

Quote Originally Posted by passenger View Post
    SLE (?)
    Oprah, Taylor Swift, Ariana Grande: one of these things is not like the others.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast