0 Thread(s)

Default Hunger Games characters

Katniss: SLE (Fi polr so obvious)
    Peeta: IEI
    Gale: LSI
    Haymitch: SLE
    Finnick: EIE
    Cinna: SEI

anyone else read these books? the movie's coming out in another couple years...
    IEI-Fe 4w3

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perfect typings... what an amazing SLE character! Good portrayal of Duality in trying circumstances too. I would add Effie as ESE, Beetee as ILE or LII
    Oh and Cinna COULD be SEI but I think he's more IEI

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't find an updated thread so I wanted to bump this. This was a great movie, IMO but I'm struggling to see how Katniss is SLE? I personally was thinking she was a good example of a SLI. Perhaps her character comes off different in the books but for this sake, let's just go by the movie. Opinions?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    I can't find an updated thread so I wanted to bump this. This was a great movie, IMO but I'm struggling to see how Katniss is SLE? I personally was thinking she was a good example of a SLI. Perhaps her character comes off different in the books but for this sake, let's just go by the movie. Opinions?
    I agree she doesn't come off so SLEish in the movie. I think it's hard to type movie characters because it's a melding of the actor/actress and the character they're playing (unless the two are the same).

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought the character in the movie was definitely SLE. She was dry and emotionless like SLIs but SLEs can be the same way. However she was very brash, which SLIs are not. She is quick to act in all situations. The actress could be SLI but the reason I doubt it is because the author thought she was the perfect Katniss, and the character isn't SLI.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I can't watch shows like this; it's not sensitive enough for an EII.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    lmao. At least it was more tasteful than Battle Royale.

As far as Katniss goes, I'll just say that Jennifer Lawrence is a breath of fresh air. Oh, and despite all the whining and bitching, I thought the movie was remarkably well cast. Hell, even WOODY HARRELSON wasn't bad for his part. However, I wasn't a racist reading the books.

ETA: (for clarity) I didn't read the books. Also I'm not racist. I am a not racist that didn't read the books.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the books she comes off much more SLE.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post

As far as Katniss goes, I'll just say that Jennifer Lawrence is a breath of fresh air. Oh, and despite all the whining and bitching, I thought the movie was remarkably well cast. Hell, even WOODY HARRELSON wasn't bad for his part. However, I wasn't a racist reading the books.
    I agree that it was well cast, overall. I liked Woody Harrelson also, he did a great job (did you know that originally that Haymitch was going to be played by Johnny Depp?).

People love to take the moral high ground with this movie and refuse to watch. It's FICTION and maybe it can teach us something about power and evil and injustice and love. I get frustrated with people who are too good for this movie. Sorry, it's a big pet peeve.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post

I agree that it was well cast, overall. I liked Woody Harrelson also, he did a great job (did you know that originally that Haymitch was going to be played by Johnny Depp?).

People love to take the moral high ground with this movie and refuse to watch. It's FICTION and maybe it can teach us something about power and evil and injustice and love. I get frustrated with people who are too good for this movie. Sorry, it's a big pet peeve.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Katniss seems rather Fi-ISFj in the movie imo. As for Peeta, I was thinking of Si-ESTj.

Bam! Just like Emeril.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting- I hadn't considered SLE for Katniss(in the books at least, I won't comment on the film).

She seemed very SLI to me throughout the books. Despite the role she eventually plays, she comes across as far too apolitical to be an SLE. She spends a great deal of the books just wanting to be left alone, showing disinterest when power is within her reach, and being far more concerned with self-preservation and survival of her self and family than with the rebellion. It's possible that this has more to do with Suzanne Collins' "Hunger" motif, but I found her first-person sensory descriptions of food (among other things like the smell of Snow's roses, the flower display on Rue, the gentle songs repeated by the mockingjays) to be extremely . In fact, I remember thinking when I read it that it would be almost impossible to translate all that awareness to the screen without annoying "hear the characters' thoughts" types of scenes. Also, her decision making seems highly to me- in the fascist-communist standoff, she ultimately rejects both sides, as she doesn't care for the logical/ideological underpinnings of either, she only cares about the real effects of their governance. If anything, she has a whole Delta-decentralized thing going.

Also, her extreme reluctance to show her mother affection seemed a bit PoLR.

Total misread?
    This is the place where I procrastinate on things Sig related.

ILE

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Katrina was SLE.

I watched the movie tonight. One thing that struck me is that the character dialogue in almost every case spoke only for their types. The blonde mentor was plainly EIE; the black mentor was blatantly IEI. The alpha male who did most of the killing was clearly EII... a man on a mission.

I picked up on Katrina's SLEness within the first few minutes -- her insistence on ethics, her skill with a bow, and her rigid practicality were all dead giveaways. The emphasis on her hidden agenda was particularly striking... and probably not coincidental. The entire movie, for whatever reason, was an SLE survival character study.

I especially liked the part where the overweight black EIE started busting heads after returning Katrina's peace sign salute.

I agree that her BF was ESE. That was evident early on... the likability help was a clue, and his dedication to service was another.

I was shaken by the brutality of the film. Seeing those kids kill each other was... nothing I'd ever seen before in a cinema.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm so confused *sigh*...I thought for sure her movie character was very typically SLI. How do you tell the difference? What about it made her seem *not* SLI?

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't seen the movie, but I thought the book character was pretty SLI
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm so confused *sigh*...I thought for sure her movie character was very typically SLI. How do you tell the difference? What about it made her seem *not* SLI?
    The book character and the movie character may not have been identical.

The actress is SLE... that's evident from the VI alone.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    The book character and the movie character may not have been identical.

The actress is SLE... that's evident from the VI alone.
    I thought we were typing the character and not the actress herself...

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Katrina"? lol

Remember that Katniss had never seen crowds like that before, she'd never been to the capitol and was like a deer in the headlights in that situation. I can't imagine an SLE who was about to be put into the arena would eat up the attention any more than she did. I saw her working things out in her head (MUCH like SLE-Tis that I know) and appreciative to Peeta for his way with people. Of *course* her primary goal is survival, given the situation. When an SLE is focused on a goal, Fe takes a back seat.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I read the book to see what the hype was about. It was a good book. I plan to read the other two. I have not seen the movie.

Katniss is obviously a logical type and Peeta a feeler. I'm surprised nobody has yet typed her as LSE. Because that's what I kept thinking of her as.
    Some of you have her typed as SLE. For a few hours my SLE brother thought he was SEE. I got him in touch with woofl, and it was determined that he is obviously SLE because he doesn't believe in the existance of fun without competition. Katniss does not care for competition.
    Katniss is also a serious type. She is willing to pretend to love for the sake of survival, like putting on a play. It means nothing and is therefore safe. But when she actually started to feel something she wanted to stop, because her feelings were nobody's business.

Some of you typed Katniss as SLI. That is more reasonable for the above reasons, but back home Katniss was not the quiet type, and her energy levels are that of an extrovert. If anyone disagrees with my typing her as an LSE, state your case.
    Last edited by DirectorAbbie; 07-17-2012 at 02:44 AM.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    I read the book to see what the hype was about. It was a good book. I plan to read the other two. I have not seen the movie.

Katniss is obviously a logical type and Peeta a feeler. I'm surprised nobody has yet typed her as LSE. Because that's what I kept thinking of her as.
    Some of you have her typed as SLE. For a few hours my SLE brother thought he was SEE. I got him in touch with woofl, and it was determined that he is obviously SLE because he doesn't believe in the existance of fun without competition. Katniss does not care for competition.
    Katniss is also a serious type. She is willing to pretend to love for the sake of survival, like putting on a play. It means nothing and is therefore safe. But when she actually started to feel something she wanted to stop, because her feelings were nobody's business.

Some of you typed Katniss as SLI. That is more reasonable for the above reasons, but back home Katniss was not the quiet type, and her energy levels are that of an extrovert. If anyone disagrees with my typing her as an LSE,
    I warned you because it is rude to not finish your sentences.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bionicgerbil View Post
    Sorry. I think it took some time for my computer to warm up after being asleep for a week.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just watched the movie.

Agree with Katniss being a non-Fe-valuer. Agree with her being an Fi valuer.
    My first impression was SEE. However, I agree that she really hated the competition aspect and only did it out of necessity to survive. Delta STs do have strong Se, though unvalued. I agree that she seemed like a caregiver.
    Peeta sure was good with people. However, Fi-egos are normally good with people. I could see him potentially being IEE.

I will also comment that I was heavily disappointed that the movie didn't have them do something to do away with the sadistic practice of the Hunger Games, but I remain hopeful that the future sequel(s) will address this. Hollywood please do not disappoint me.

I remember when the movie first came out there was a big deal made about the outcome being racist, and idk, i kind of got that impression too--i can see what was being referred to and it was kinda lame.

All in all, i didn't really like the movie. It was a more violent, sadistic version of the Truman Show. At least the Truman Show delivered a message of positive change towards the end, unlike Hunger games. A totally unsatisfying watch.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bionicgerbil View Post
    Bionicgerbil - he's more judgmental than you.
    good bye

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel like it's hard to judge type in this movie because the characters were not developed enough and what we did get to see was in a situation of extreme stress and defense, which would have people potentially functioning largely in their Id's and superegos.

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    I feel like it's hard to judge type in this movie because the characters were not developed enough and what we did get to see was in a situation of extreme stress and defense, which would have people potentially functioning largely in their Id's and superegos.
    Yeah, well according to Dungeon Master Jung, extreme stress is the best way to become familiar with the diabolical shadow and realize the mystical self.

But anyhow, you're talking about extreme stress of a fictional play, movie, so how much sense does that make WA? It's not like these actors were actually under extreme stress or are you going to tell me they were? Hey, maybe they were, but this seems silly.

You know what else makes socionics hard? A rock hard boner in or from your dual, but there's more. Learning to relate everything to a reason, but ignoring the rhyme. That's one for one or is it two I'm not really counting, but wait again because there's more. Who wants to continue? @BulletsAndDoves Since I mentioned boners, maybe you could take over from here.
    good bye

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tackk View Post
    Yeah, well according to Dungeon Master Jung, extreme stress is the best way to become familiar with the diabolical shadow and realize the mystical self.

But anyhow, you're talking about extreme stress of a fictional play, movie, so how much sense does that make WA? It's not like these actors were actually under extreme stress or are you going to tell me they were? Hey, maybe they were, but this seems silly.

You know what else makes socionics hard? A rock hard boner in or from your dual, but there's more. Learning to relate everything to a reason, but ignoring the rhyme. That's one for one or is it two I'm not really counting, but wait again because there's more. Who wants to continue? @BulletsAndDoves Since I mentioned boners, maybe you could take over from here.
    You're weird.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought Katniss was a bitch. That's all...

Absurd: You Ti dominants sure say things I don't really know where to put.
    labtard: fml
    Absurd: Hah.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HandiAce View Post
    I thought Katniss was a bitch. That's all...
    Well I think anger is a normal reaction in someone forced to be part of a game where it's kill or be killed. That society is one of fear, where people have nightmares about being picked to be contestants. Some people react to fear with anger.

A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I watch the film adaptation because we watch literally everything that's at the local cinema (it's $2 a ticket). I'm actually quite fond of Jennifer Lawrence too. Katniss was a good character. Peeta was useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan View Post
    Gag me with a fucking spoon. That's all.
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Brought to you by socionix.com

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're weird.
    And you're an idiot. I'll take weird over that.
    good bye

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And you're an idiot.
    We'll see if life proves it so.

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't even know who you fucking are. You're typing fictional characters with a theory that adds another layer of fiction and I'm the one who is weird? Oh hey, do me and you a favor and get a fucking life. Then we'll see what "life proves".
    good bye

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't even know who you fucking are. You're typing fictional characters with a theory that adds another layer of fiction and I'm the one who is weird? Oh hey, do me and you a favor and get a fucking life. Then we'll see what "life proves".
    If this bothers you so much, why are you on this forum studying socionics? Or are you just here to put everyone down for studying it? Or are you just here to kill and waste time, in which case you're the one who needs to get a life. At least I'm here with a purpose and learning to apply socionics to my daily life.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Must be LII, idiot.

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If this bothers you so much, why are you on this forum studying socionics? Or are you just here to put everyone down for studying it? Or are you just here to kill and waste time, in which case you're the one who needs to get a life. At least I'm here with a purpose and learning to apply socionics to my daily life.
    Typing fictional characters upon the philosophical assumptions the theory already holds isn't "studying socionics".
    The only purpose you have here is creating bullshit by thinking that if you reason a typing enough and have conviction about it, it'll somehow have more validity than anyone else who does the same. Socionics is tenuous enough applied to actual people to be thinking about adding another layer of fiction. Give me a break.

And you can find a new quadra home in one of those super vague abstract merry quadras. Free microwave not included.
    good bye

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Typing fictional characters upon the philosophical assumptions the theory already holds isn't "studying socionics".
    The only purpose you have here is creating bullshit by thinking that if you reason a typing enough and have conviction about it, it'll somehow have more validity than anyone else who does the same. Socionics is tenuous enough applied to actual people to be thinking about adding another layer of fiction. Give me a break.

And you can find a new quadra home in one of those super vague abstract merry quadras. Free microwave not included.
    How do you know i wasn't typing the actors/actresses? And why are you attacking me specifically? most people in this thread were doing just that...

Get off your high horse.

p.s. abstract =/= merry. Maybe learn a socionics a little better before you go around trying to sound like a smart-aleck.

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do you know i wasn't typing the actors/actresses? And why are you attacking me specifically? most people in this thread were doing just that...
    I gave you legitimate criticism, which you continually ignore, and then you called me weird. Hey WA, go fuck yourself.

Get off your high horse.
    Right back at you then. Whatever you say bounces off of me and sticks to you, as much fun as a barrel of monkeys.

p.s. abstract =/= merry. Maybe learn a socionics a little better before you go around trying to sound like a smart-aleck.
    It's called a "Joke". Keep up with the action or go home.
    good bye

Mermaid with Stellar views SyrupDeGem's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Going by movie I'd be happy with SLI (if that is the type which correlates closest to mbti ISTP). And Fi-polr...yes.

Now this is a story all about how, my type got changed, turned upside down. Just wait for a minute and watch chatbox right there, & I'll tell how Gem became the moderator with blue hair.

In typology central friended and praised, on the picture thread was where she spent most her days. Chilling out, selfies, relaxing all cool, And all typing some people and getting them schooled.

When a couple of girls who were up to no good, Started annoying her & her friends in the forumhood, She got in one little flame war & got pissed off & said 'I'm moving in with that exboyfriend in the forum with the socionics toffs.

So Gem pulls up to the forum for a year without being a hater, And yells to typocentral 'Yo creeps! Smell Ya later', Became a mod in her kingdom she was finally there, To sit on her throne as the mod with blue hair.

InvisibruJim

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HelenOfTroy View Post
    Going by movie I'd be happy with SLI (if that is the type which correlates closest to mbti ISTP). And Fi-polr...yes.
    Expert analysis. I especially like the part where SLE has Fi-PoLR and not SLI, but it's still used to justify an SLI typing. Those are some fooly-cooly beans. If Jack was here, we could sell him some beans.

Hey Helen, if the 16 types was a movie, what kind of movie would it be?
    good bye

Mermaid with Stellar views SyrupDeGem's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Expert analysis. I especially like the part where SLE has Fi-PoLR and not SLI, but it's still used to justify an SLI typing. Those are some fooly-cooly beans. If Jack was here, we could sell him some beans.

Hey Helen, if the 16 types was a movie, what kind of movie would it be?
    Ops then, my bad. I can see Fi though. I don't pretend to be an expert Tak... i'm pretty sure i have made several posts alluding to having little understanding of socionics as yet. It's a learning experience.

Why is this riling you up so much? i thought you were a little love bug earlier. What happened, are you ok?

Now this is a story all about how, my type got changed, turned upside down. Just wait for a minute and watch chatbox right there, & I'll tell how Gem became the moderator with blue hair.

In typology central friended and praised, on the picture thread was where she spent most her days. Chilling out, selfies, relaxing all cool, And all typing some people and getting them schooled.

When a couple of girls who were up to no good, Started annoying her & her friends in the forumhood, She got in one little flame war & got pissed off & said 'I'm moving in with that exboyfriend in the forum with the socionics toffs.

So Gem pulls up to the forum for a year without being a hater, And yells to typocentral 'Yo creeps! Smell Ya later', Became a mod in her kingdom she was finally there, To sit on her throne as the mod with blue hair.

InvisibruJim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast