Thread: What is my Type?

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    You sound like a real pain in the ass. Thank god my LSI friends aren't like that.
    If you are saying 'thank God that we are not friends', I agree.

But I don't think that God had very much to do with it.

That being said, LIE and LSI make an unlikely pair (mirage).

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just noticed something else: When I am drunk, tact is the first thing to go, b/c I stop making connections and start to feel good about everything, leaving me with a rather limited and (which is all I really need). However, as I proceed to get wasted, gets blurry and clumsy while gets disorganized and apathetic. Then I pass out.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    No, it is not dubious. But I can understand why it might seem so from your erroneous perspective.
    It is not a matter of perspective, but of dubious empirical observation.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Huitzilopochtli View Post
    People have often described me as wanting to fight, but this is merely an impression that I might give and it is not always true.
    Such an impression is not what you would expect to see in an ISTj (although some people with erreoneous conceptions of the types might say otherwise). It is more likely to perceive an INTj that way (although it is only about impressions, not about what the INTj would tend to do).

Quote Originally Posted by Huitzilopochtli
    I am very strongly principled and cannot be bought, though I can be reasoned with.
    An ISTj is of course more easily bought than an INTj.

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Such an impression is not what you would expect to see in an ISTj (although some people with erreoneous conceptions of the types might say otherwise). It is more likely to perceive an INTj that way (although it is only about impressions, not about what the INTj would tend to do).

An ISTj is of course more easily bought than an INTj.
    As a logical subtype I am likely to share attributes with INTjs. Personally, I don't think I give off this impression, it is just something that I have heard before. I might seem seem INTj, but I tend to see intuition as a waste of time. If they have the impression that I'm not gonna let anyone fuck with me, then they are probably right. That INTjs are harder to buy is not necessarily true - both types have the obstinate Rein trait; an ISTj, being more focused on accumulating physical resources, may have less reason to comply. What I do know is that the last time I tried to buy out an ISTj, I got this response:

Quote Originally Posted by idolatrie View Post
    Ohh, Huitzy, you couldn't afford me. But even if, as a matched dual pair? You'd have to pay extra.
    Last edited by Nexus; 09-17-2008 at 03:15 PM.

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just started a socionics discussion in the ISPE psychology forum, and I've already met an INFp!
    How exciting...

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know I may not be the 5w6 (E5wcp6spsxso) I always thought I was.

From http://www.eclecticenergies.com/enneagram/test.php:

Test 1: 1w9

Type 1 - 12.7
    Type 5 - 10.7
    Type 3 - 8.3
    Type 8 - 7
    Type 6 - 6.7
    Type 9 - 3.3
    Type 2 - 1.7

Wing 1w9 - 14.4
    Wing 5w6 - 14.1
    Wing 1w2 - 13.6
    Wing 6w5 - 12.1
    Wing 5w4 - 11.6
    Wing 9w1 - 9.7
    Wing 3w4 - 9.2
    Wing 3w2 - 9.2
    Wing 8w9 - 8.7
    Wing 2w1 - 8.1
    Wing 8w7 - 8
    Wing 6w7 - 7.7
    Wing 9w8 - 6.8
    Wing 2w3 - 5.9

Test 2: 1w9

Type 1 SP - 100%
    Type 8 SP - 75%
    Type 5 SX - 66%
    Type 3 SX - 40%
    Type 4 SP - 30%
    Type 6 SP - 25%
    Type 9 SP - 20%
    Type 7 SP - 15%
    Type 2 SP - 10%

The first test was longer but I felt more strongly about the second test (not that it matters since they gave the same result). I think maybe being a 1 would make more sense for having creative rather than (and I am a perfectionist):

Ones are often intelligent and independent and can easily mistake themselves for Fives, but unlike Fives, Ones are primarily people of action, not thought. Ones tend to worry and are prone to anxiety and can sometimes mistype as Sixes, but they are far less affiliative than Sixes and their standards are not reached by seeking consensus with a group.

5w6 was pretty close @ 2nd place (only 1/47 of a difference).

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Type 1 is the best fit for both ISTj and INTj. Type 1 is typically leading.

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Type 1 is the best fit for both ISTj and INTj. Type 1 is typically leading.
    I agree. The 5 tendency to withdraw, observe, and be generally pessimistic seems more fitting for ILI.
    Last edited by Nexus; 09-23-2008 at 12:34 AM.

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I am still trying to settle completely on my creative function (though I believe myself to be ISTj).

This is how I have been typed thus far:

crazedrat (NiTe)
    Expat (TeNi)
    jxrtes (NeTi)
    RSV3 (TiNe)
    Smilingeyes (TeSi)

Ashton (TeNi)
    Ezra (SeTi)
    JRiddy (NeTi)
    labcoat (TiNe)
    Phaedrus (NiTe)
    strrrng (NiFe)

ephemeros (NeTi)

Complicater-Complexer (SeTi)
    Cyclops (SiTe)
    Sergei Ganin (TiNe)

*If I missed/misrepresented you or else you would like to be included please post below or PM me and I will add you to the list.
    Last edited by Nexus; 09-26-2008 at 12:35 AM.

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So after much reflecting during nuclear field 'A' school, I have discovered that I am without a doubt Ni-ENTj...just thought you should know...

(people in the military are pretty easy to type, because you are always with them and they are always involved in everything)
    Last edited by Nexus; 06-09-2009 at 08:23 PM.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love those "without a doubt" statements, reminds me of Tom. As far as I remember you were without a doubt ISTj . Thank you for this vital information regardless .
    Looking for an Archnemesis. Willing applicants contact via PM.

ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

johari nohari
    http://www.mypersonality.info/ssmall/

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ssmall View Post
    I love those "without a doubt" statements, reminds me of Tom. As far as I remember you were without a doubt ISTj . Thank you for this vital information regardless .
    There is a small possibility that I had a type shift due to the strenuous conditions of military life, and particularly because I have taken a high position of authority besides...but the fact remains that I am -Lie...however, having been pushed to my own pyschological limits and especially in terms of social interaction, I can recall motivation for this type of information metabolism stemming from my early childhood...

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh no! NOT YOU TOO!!!

Seriously, am I the only one who's remained the same type for more than 4 years?
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Creepy-Cyclops

You're getting there, I still think ILI is better, still LIE is much closer and better than all that kid on Ti you were doing

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Click here to take my Epistemological Inference Poll!
    I get a 'malware' warning.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by huitzilopochtli
    labcoat (TiNe)
    Please remove my name from your list. I no longer have an opinion on your type. I don't recall when and why I have suggested you were an INTj, and if I did, I regret doing so because you are very different from all people I consider typical IxTjs.
    Last edited by krieger; 06-13-2009 at 05:40 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You still seem ISTj to me.

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ephemeros View Post
    Thanks for your answer, Huitzilopochtli!
    Long time no see, btw :wink:
    You too...I'm still unsure if I am naturally LIE- or just an ILI who seems that way in a position of authority...the military really changes who you are and how you function to a large extent...

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    Oh no! NOT YOU TOO!!!

Seriously, am I the only one who's remained the same type for more than 4 years?
    Some days I still think I am ISTj...maybe I have Multiple Personality Disorder

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    You're getting there, I still think ILI is better, still LIE is much closer and better than all that kid on Ti you were doing
    Interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    I get a 'malware' warning.
    That is a link to this forum...

Quote Originally Posted by ifmd95 View Post
    perhaps not if inclusive of Cartesian doubt
    I thought of a great ILI response to Descartes - 'I intuit therefore I'm not'

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    Please remove my name from your list. I no longer have an opinion on your type. I don't recall when and why I have suggested you were an INTj, and if I did, I regret doing so because you are very different from all people I consider typical IxTjs.
    Why do you now not consider me IXTj, and which list do you mean? What am I more like?

Quote Originally Posted by crazedratXII View Post
    You still seem ISTj to me.
    Thanks...to me anyone who has ever been enlisted seems ISTj

Quote Originally Posted by MaliaFee View Post
    I think you are E N T p or I L E, possibly Ti subtype!!!
    Why is that? If I am an extrovert it is only to thoroughly exploit others without comprimising my own operations...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You too...I'm still unsure if I am naturally LIE- or just an ILI who seems that way in a position of authority...the military really changes who you are and how you function to a large extent...
    Some days I still think I am ISTj...maybe I have Multiple Personality Disorder
    Jung described the introverted thinking type as having a characteristic tendency to fit the world into constantly perfecting system of their own making. This seems characteristic of you.

An introverted thinking attitude is very heavy and devaluing, as is the case with you.

Your emphasis on achieving merits and prestige seems to be the result of upbringing. Though I don't doubt you are an extremely intelligent person.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request
    Last edited by Pied Piper; 06-19-2009 at 10:37 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are right that Ti has a tendency for upbringing, just my view on Huitzilopochtli is the opposite. Ti is opportunistic, it tries raising on narrow opportunities, breaches, strong ideals or such, small works with strong effect eventually, while the Te doesn't go away without convincing all of the three Norns to take his part.
    Huitzilopochtli is a walking encyclopedia and a man of several serious activities imo, I can't think of another stronger smell of Te on the forum, except probably ifmd95 (hopefully he'll realize someday I was correct about his type, too).

Edit: smell of Te and Ni, not just Te. They may be more, I'm talking about the users which gathered my attention with this more than usual.
    I am not sure of his type. It seems to me he is mentally unstable, because his intellect extremely lopsided. He seems an exceptional case. Could be Te, I don't know.

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Waddlesworth View Post
    Jung described the introverted thinking type as having a characteristic tendency to fit the world into constantly perfecting system of their own making. This seems characteristic of you.

An introverted thinking attitude is very heavy and devaluing, as is the case with you.

Your emphasis on achieving merits and prestige seems to be the result of upbringing. Though I don't doubt you are an extremely intelligent person.
    huh...thanks - so what type do you think I am?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

huh...thanks - so what type do you think I am?
    I can't say for sure.

Do you use any medications? Methylphenidate, venlafaxine maybe something like that? I know the military doesn't usually recruit people on these meds, but I still feel the need to ask the question.

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Waddlesworth View Post
    I can't say for sure.

Do you use any medications? Methylphenidate, venlafaxine maybe something like that? I know the military doesn't usually recruit people on these meds, but I still feel the need to ask the question.
    No although I do love aderol...I used to take prozac to block my serotonin reuptakes after rolling, but mostly I used to take lots of mushrooms...

By the way, I just finished nuke school as 2nd in command and with the highest GPA...sweet
    Last edited by Nexus; 07-15-2009 at 02:54 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No although I do love aderol
    I knew you were on something like that! Very interesting.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tried something like that in the army (ammunition unit in the mountain forest and a lot of "inspecting" time) but with no effect :| (Amanita Muscaria).
    Interesting, I have never had that variety - it contains muscimol...I was actually referring to the psilocybin variety; however, you may have not noticed the effects if you have never taken it before, or if the mushroom was old it may have lost much of its psychoactive content...

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I raised the dosage gradually, because the employees there scared me that if I touch that and mistakenly reach the mouth with the hand I'll die, or something. I was very careful in the beginning and smoked it first, combined with tobacco. In the end, I swallowed one inch diameter or more pieces (mouthful), in different days and different plants, but the same thing. I never ate a whole plant, just bit the red "hat".
    I have no explanation for this, maybe the variety in that area lost its alkaloids? No idea, but I did not try again since (summer 1999).
    It might just be your own [biochemical] metabolism...I have a friend who was never very responsive to mushrooms but who was much more sensitive than I to LSD...

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oops never mind, I'm still ISTj...I guess I let my ENFj superid get the best of me, so that I actually thought I was an ENTj ego while exploring my other functions because I am a logical type...sorry for the confusion!

new vid:

Last edited by Nexus; 07-22-2009 at 04:32 PM.

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you know people have been suggesting IEI at work for me lately, and I usually only conflict with -ESTjs (like Tom and Cyclops, though I get along with -ESTjs like Expat and Smilex), so maybe is really my HA

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

based on the vid you most resemble a LII, in my opinion.

You've got some same traits I saw in a former LII colleague of mine.

I see no typical LSI traits whatsoever.

btw interesting stuff. Never heard anyone explain it like that. 'move less in time more in space'.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you know people have been suggesting IEI at work for me lately, and I usually only conflict with -ESTjs (like Tom and Cyclops, though I get along with -ESTjs like Expat and Smilex), so maybe is really my HA
    Smilex is blatantly Ti>Te. Also, I challenge you to meet Expat and retain your opinion that he is Si ego
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd agree with LII.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do you get along with SLIs?

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Smilex is blatantly Ti>Te.
    And you're blatantly ridiculous.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's quite easy for me to see Huitzilopochtli as LII. He's more interested in warfare than the other LIIs on this forum, but that doesn't mean much... on the other hand, he takes a definite interest in new discoveries, which I do find somewhat surprising for an LSI (his expounding of Gulenko's Forms of the Thinking comes to mind).

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know it's funny, but I don't always use the same IM, it changes based upon context...when I am outranked I am IEI, when I am with my friends I act SLE, when I am with a girl I like I seem LSI, and when I am lying to someone or totally despise them I use EIE...

When I go back to read my posts from when I first came to socionics and wasn't constantly messing with my functions, my posts had a very NiXe quality to them, that caused nearly everyone at socionics.com to immediately type me as , though I was probably closer to .

Right now, I can't help but feel that you guys are putting me into the Alpha box for my . I don't really have or any other judicious aspects.

People currently believe that I am:

Xe Cheesy

ArchonAlarion, crazedratXII, Expat, jxrtes, niffweed17, Rick, RSV3, Smilingeyes, Thehotelambush

Ashton, Brilliand, Ezra, Gilly, Jarno, JRiddy, Nick, N00bian, Phaedrus

Complicater-Complexer, Cyclops, SG

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    based on the vid you most resemble a LII, in my opinion.

You've got some same traits I saw in a former LII colleague of mine.

I see no typical LSI traits whatsoever.

btw interesting stuff. Never heard anyone explain it like that. 'move less in time more in space'.
    thanks...that is a typical explanation for the curvature of space time. Time slows down as you approach the speed of light; if you are standing still in space and traveling at the speed of light in time, in curved space-time you pick up a space component and lose a time-component causing you to travel along the geodesic in a manner that resembles acceleration.

Smilex is blatantly Ti>Te. Also, I challenge you to meet Expat and retain your opinion that he is Si ego
    Smilex does engage in a lot of on his own but not when interacting with someone directly. To me Expat has never seemed as decisive or positivist as the LIEs I have met.

Quote Originally Posted by Brilliand View Post
    It's quite easy for me to see Huitzilopochtli as LII. He's more interested in warfare than the other LIIs on this forum, but that doesn't mean much... on the other hand, he takes a definite interest in new discoveries, which I do find somewhat surprising for an LSI (his expounding of Gulenko's Forms of the Thinking comes to mind).
    Thanks, but I am not sure how this is relevant to type if there are egos who engage in the same activity. Even Ashton uses in Model X though not so much for typing purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    How do you get along with SLIs?

And you're blatantly ridiculous.
    Fairly well I suppose, but I rarely have a strong connection.

I'd agree with LII.
    Okay.
    Last edited by Nexus; 07-29-2009 at 10:58 PM.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast