Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Examples of INTp Fe PoLR remarks

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Examples of INTp Fe PoLR remarks

All by Britain's Prince Philip, the queen's husband:

Speaking to a driving instructor in Scotland, he asked: "How do you keep the natives off the booze long enough to get them through the test?"

When visiting China in 1986, he told a group of British students, "If you stay here much longer, you'll all be slitty-eyed".

After accepting a gift from a Kenyan citizen he replied, "You are a woman, aren't you?"

"If it has four legs and is not a chair, has wings and is not an aeroplane, or swims and is not a submarine, the Cantonese will eat it."

In 1966 he remarked that "British women can't cook."

To a British student in Papua New Guinea: "You managed not to get eaten then?"

Angering local residents in Lockerbie when on a visit to the town in 1993, the Prince said to a man who lived in a road where eleven people had been killed by wreckage from the Pan Am jumbo jet: "People usually say that after a fire it is water damage that is the worst. We are still trying to dry out Windsor Castle."

On a visit to the new National Assembly for Wales in Cardiff, he told a group of deaf children standing next to a Jamaican steel drum band, "Deaf? If you are near there, no wonder you are deaf."

He asked an Indigenous Australian, "Still throwing spears?" (2002)

Said to a Briton in Budapest, Hungary, "You can't have been here that long – you haven't got a pot belly." (1993)

Seeing a shoddily installed fuse box in a high-tech Edinburgh factory, HRH remarked that it looked "like it was put in by an Indian".

During a Royal visit to China in 1986 he described Beijing as "ghastly".

"Aren't most of you descended from pirates?" (in 1994, to an islander in the Cayman Islands)

At the height of the recession in 1981 he said: "Everybody was saying we must have more leisure. Now they are complaining they are unemployed."

Upon presenting a Duke of Edinburgh Award to a student, when informed that the young man was going to help out in Romania for six months, he asked if the student was going to help the Romanian orphans; upon being informed he was not, it was claimed the 85-year-old duke added: "Ah good, there's so many over there you feel they breed them just to put in orphanages."

At the University of Salford, he told a 13-year-old aspiring astronaut: "You could do with losing a bit of weight."

In 1997, the Duke of Edinburgh, participating in an already controversial British visit to the Jallianwala Bagh massacre (Amritsar Massacre) Monument, provoked outrage in India and in the UK with an offhand comment. Having observed a plaque claiming 2,000 casualties, Prince Philip observed, "That's not right. The number is less."

During a Royal visit to a Tamil Hindu temple in London , he asked a Hindu priest if he was related to the terrorist Tamil Tigers.

He once attributed a badly finished carpentry job to one having been done by an Indian.

In 1988 he said that "In the event that I am reincarnated, I would like to return as a deadly virus, in order to contribute something to solve overpopulation."

In 1996 he drew sharp criticism when he said a gun was no more dangerous than a cricket bat in the hands of a madman. The comment came in the wake of the massacre of 16 children and their teacher by a gun-toting psychopath in Dunblane, Scotland.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These are hiliarious.

I had to cancel band practice on an intp friend. I told him, "I'm sick."

He text messaged me back saying, "Ah that's too bad, hope you feel better, card's in the mail."
    asd

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, once, when getting out of a plane for an official visit somewhere, a journalist asked how the flight had been. Philip replied, "have you ever flown in a plane? You have? Well, it was like that".

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    Also, once, when getting out of a plane for an official visit somewhere, a journalist asked how the flight had been. Philip replied, "have you ever flown in a plane? You have? Well, it was like that".
    rofl

six turnin', four burnin' stevENTj's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-INTp (ILI)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

StevENTj on another forum somewhere just recently: Is it true that the Tokina guys are a bunch of ex-Nikon engineers that wanted to concentrate just on lenses? A relative who shoots Nikon and has a bunch of Tokina lenses told me this.

The guy answering me:I read this way back in the early 70's, the story goes that some Nikon Optical Engineers wanted to explore mass production of zooms and Nikon didn't want to spend a lot of effort into zooms so these guys got some backers and started Tokina. I don't know how true this story is but it is old enough to be a legend by now! :wink:

My reply: I wasn't born yet in the early-70's so I'll take your word for it.

His reply: Thanks a lot Steve for the reminder of how old I'm getting!

I did add the smiley before hand and it's a darn good thing I did because I had no idea how insensitive that comment actually was until afterwards. I didn't quite mean it like THAT. BTW, I do tend to use a lot of smilieys in my posts because I KNOW I can end up saying some pretty insensitive stuff, and so I tend to use the smileys to cover for that so that people know not to take what I say too seriously. He took it in good humor thankfully, but I realized later thinking about socionics again that that must have been a PoLR Fe moment.
    Te-INTp/ILI, my wife: Fi-ISFj/ESI, with laser beam death rays for ESTp/SLEs, lol
    16 years of bliss in an Activity relationship

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I very, very much doubt that he took that remark as seriously as you think he did.

six turnin', four burnin' stevENTj's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-INTp (ILI)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know he didn't, but I still realized that it was a pretty insensitive comment that someone else (like a woman) might have taken great offense to. Fortunately he had a good sense of humor.

I can dig up a ton more examples of things I've said that have or could have gotten me into trouble. This is just the most recent one. It's happened enough times that this is probably the reason I'm very reserved and quiet in public or social settings.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've made a few stupid comments that I wish I hadn't made, before thinking about it. One of them even in front of a disabled person that I was just starting to get to know. I felt like hitting my head against a wall for being so dumb.
    INTP/ILI(Ni) /5w4

"When my time comes, forget the wrong that I've done.
    Help me leave behind some reasons to be missed."

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some INTps are just meek, and their poor Fe comes off in awkward approaches. Some INTps are chick/dude magnets whose weak Fe is seen in how they never give any attention to girls (or guys) whatsoever, which can intrigue the other.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Examples of INTp Fe PoLR remarks

My annoying boss once asked me "How do I look? I feel like shit." I said, Well, not shit exactly, but maybe shit's sweet little cousin" then sort of chuckled. I was only teasing, really, but she hated me after that. I didn't see what was wrong with her looks matching her feelings....? and if someone had said that to me, I would have laughed. Honestly, I had no opinion about her looks, but since she asked, I simply played on what she had said.

I would be likely to say about 75% of the comments Expat posted. It's funny cause I read them and believe I know exactly what is intended.

Most are simply showing an awareness of a stereotype and, I imagine, intended to show the stupidity of the stereotype. Problem is that most people can't so easily identify the origin of the remarks. Dry hyperbolic statements (where hyperbole is not readily accessible) is my style of humor. I would say these types of comments primarily stem from Ni/Te because there is an ongoing vision of a graph in one's mind. There are endpoints. There are points in between. There is the perfect moment in a conversation at which to throw in the magic.

My brother recently got married. We grew up in a very religious family where sex was never discussed and premarital sex would have been like the ticket to hell. I pulled him aside after the rehearsal dinner and asked, jokingly, so how's the premarital sex going? I'm sure you'll do fine tonight." He didn't laugh. Really, I only was trying to tell him how suffocating I found the upbringing . There wasn't even a hint of judgment intended in my statement because I've been having premarital sex for a long time (and further had no idea whether or not he was having sex prior to marriage).
    whenever the dog and i see each other we both stop where we are. we regard each other with a mixture of sadness and suspicion and then we feign indifference.

Jerry, The Zoo Story by Edward Albee

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This person evoked disgust in me. If I heard him say a thing like that he'd get his PoLR so pounded. A joke's a joke but no consideration or decency is another thing.

Having said this, the remarks he made are eerily similar to some things I've said. Like for example when my EIE friend asked me of whom she reminded me of and I said a kindergarten teacher or a cheap prostitute. Luckily she wasn't too insulted, she was use to me making "strange" remarks like that and plus I have an ability too be really cute after making such remarks. But I only do this if I do it before I get to think about what I'm going to say so I end up being honest. I guess it's a bitch for ILI-s who don't have Fe to fix things and to actually pull off statements like that without offending anyone or being seen as a monster of some kind.

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most people needs euphemisms. The crude truth is something most can't stand. INTp just suffer from not knowing how to provide opinions in a digestible way for others. But they are rarely, if ever, willing to hurt intentionally.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by snegledmaca
    This person evoked disgust in me. If I heard him say a thing like that he'd get his PoLR so pounded. A joke's a joke but no consideration or decency is another thing.
    Yeah. I feel sorry for the Queen because she is too good for him. He sounds like a very horrible person to me with all the insensitivity and inappropriate jokes regarding lifestyles and cultures which are different from his. I can't imagine how he was like as a teenager.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He strikes me as a harmless eccentric, and his comments did seem have a bit of truth to them.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another one --

When Elizabeth unexpectedly became queen at 25 when her father George VI died an untimely death, it was decided that - changing the previous tradition - the royal family would continue to be named Windsor, rather than adopt Philip's family name, Mountbatten.

His comment was, "I've been turned into an amoeba" or something like it.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most of those quotes make me laugh. I think he'd be a fun guy to know.

I do have a question, though. Is it just a faulty understanding of the dichotomies, or are some of his remarks aristocratic in flavor? I mean, the whole putting people into groups and assigning them characteristics.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's impossible not to notice these differences. And given the India-Britian relationship there are definitive and combating groups. The lines aren't drawn by personality.
    asd

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde
    Most of those quotes make me laugh. I think he'd be a fun guy to know.

I do have a question, though. Is it just a faulty understanding of the dichotomies, or are some of his remarks aristocratic in flavor? I mean, the whole putting people into groups and assigning them characteristics.
    Yes, but I think reyn got it right --

Quote Originally Posted by reyn_til_runa
    Most are simply showing an awareness of a stereotype and, I imagine, intended to show the stupidity of the stereotype.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Expat: those remarks almost seem anti-Fi. how do you see them as Fe polr?

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by diamond8
    Because he's saying things that are socially unacceptable, especially for a man in his position.

Fi types can make "insensitive" remarks to individuals if they think they deserve it or if they're true, like the ISFj Christopher Hitchens saying "what an incredibly stupid question" to a guy asking a question during his debate with Al Sharpton.

EDIT: Also, Minde doesn't seem to find them anti-Fi -- :wink:

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because he's saying things that are socially unacceptable, especially for a man in his position.

Fi types can make "insensitive" remarks to individuals if they think they deserve it or if they're true, like the ISFj Christopher Hitchens saying "what an incredibly stupid question" to a guy asking a question during his debate with Al Sharpton.

EDIT: Also, Minde doesn't seem to find them anti-Fi -- :wink:
    i'm following i guess, but perhaps you could give a refresher on the difference between Fi polr and Fe polr. pretty please? :-)

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

really good point on hitchens, expat. most certainly isn't always about a kind word. can you imagine how poorly an ENTp would react to someone calling his question stupid in public/openly embarrassing him? not that ISFjs would just go around and do this constantly, but i think if they think someone deserved it etc, yeah, more plausible.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm following i guess, but perhaps you could give a refresher on the difference between Fi polr and Fe polr. pretty please? :-)
    Fe PoLR, in this case, is about making remarks that go against what would be emotionally and socially acceptable in a given ethical situation -- it's about being "rude", even though his intentions may not be such. In the example of the number of dead people in that uprising in India, for instance, he may be factually right, but if the people there have an emotional attachment to that event, for the husband of the British queen to say that may be seen as extremely tactless, even if his intention was just to say, "hmm, this number is not correct".

Fi PoLR is about not really understanding, or taking into consideration, someone else's ethical PoV it it's not stated -- for instance, a typical example would be a guy telling a joke about you, in your presence, and in presence of others, for the sake of making everyone else laugh, even if it's hurtful for you personally and s/he should be aware of it. He (I'll say he) is focusing on optimizing the Fe mood of the people around, not taking into account (not even occurring to him) that you, individually, might be hurt. That is Fi PoLR. Fi in relation of an individual person is not really considered when focusing on Fe.

That doesn't apply to Hitchens in the example above because he wasn't focusing on the other people at all -- he was simply saying what he thought to a particular individual.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is why I have such difficulties understanding INTps sometimes. In the most indirect ways they just sort of manage to stir up drama and crap like people accuse dominants of doing.

Some of those comments from the first post sound funny but believe me, having lived with an INTp of a certain subtype for a while now I am certainly not laughing anymore, he has just caused offence, pain and embarrassment to far too many people. At the same time I am wondering if perhaps those comments were not made by someone who is an ENTp.
    Socionics: XNFx
    MBTI: INFJ

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In 1996 he drew sharp criticism when he said a gun was no more dangerous than a cricket bat in the hands of a madman. The comment came in the wake of the massacre of 16 children and their teacher by a gun-toting psychopath in Dunblane, Scotland.
    Well, this is one example of how those remarks may be not as bad in the context when they were uttered. I was living in London at the time and I remember the discussion.

After said massacre, there was an increased pressure by some groups to ban handguns in the UK, which happened when Labour formed the government under Blair.

At the time, in an interview, Philip was basically warning against banning "everything" because of such events. He said, more or less, "suppose a madman with a cricket bat would invade a school and start killing children with it, which he could do very easily -- are we going to ban cricket bats?"

He was using Ni, Te, and not caring about Fe. Classic INTp remark.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What an informative and entertaining collection.

Notice the preponderance of Si themes in his "Fe-inappropriate" remarks. Fe is the context, but Si seems to be the typical content -- e.g., internal bodily functioning and events (eating, drinking, sleeping, health, physical safety), age, history, etc. Now that I think of it ... no wonder ESFj (Fe Si) is INTp's conflictor.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm, sounds like Ti ego to me.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"If it has four legs and is not a chair, has wings and is not an aeroplane, or swims and is not a submarine, the Cantonese will eat it." \\

I have heard recently a chinese person say something very similar. I think it's some kind of expression.
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Megan
    This is why I have such difficulties understanding INTps sometimes. In the most indirect ways they just sort of manage to stir up drama and crap like people accuse dominants of doing.

Some of those comments from the first post sound funny but believe me, having lived with an INTp of a certain subtype for a while now I am certainly not laughing anymore, he has just caused offence, pain and embarrassment to far too many people. At the same time I am wondering if perhaps those comments were not made by someone who is an ENTp.
    This sounds insightful to me.
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

Out of range. Please call your service provider.
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does this count?

Driving past an ambulance in the process of loading some unknown person onto it:

"I wonder what medical insurance plan that person has."
    PoLR
    Suggestive Function

Regular Double-shot Espresso Subtype

Just because I'm a thinking type doesn't mean I'm not an idiot.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Quirk Satellite Div.
    Does this count?

Driving past an ambulance in the process of loading some unknown person onto it:

Excellent. It even shows the opposing Te.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does this count?

i dont even understand the example

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    Does this count?

Fe PoLR.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does this count?

I'm more likely to think: "Shit, that could happen to me."
    INTP/ILI(Ni) /5w4

"When my time comes, forget the wrong that I've done.
    Help me leave behind some reasons to be missed."

Out of range. Please call your service provider.
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does this count?

I didn't put what I said into proper context. I was in the rear passenger seat, along with four other people in the car, driving past an ambulance bringing loading someone onto it who was from what I assume, the dormitories nearby. This was just a random remark I said right after we drove past the ambulance.
    PoLR
    Suggestive Function

Regular Double-shot Espresso Subtype

Just because I'm a thinking type doesn't mean I'm not an idiot.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i still dont understand the example.

It was very cold winter once. And we were waiting in a car. And only the front seats had electric benchwarmers.

So as a joke I told this one girl:
    - I should sit in the front seat, because I have less stuffing in my ass

She was:
    - What did you just say?!

Me, with louder voice, because I thought she just didn't hear me:
    - I said, that I should sit in the front seat, because I have less stuffing in my ass.

It was supposed to be a crack at my bony ass, that I had back then. Anyway she didn't have fat ass, and had ok body. So, I didn't think it quite through

Beat that
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He sound like ISTp to me. INTp aren't THAT direct and mean!
    INFp(INTp)
    "I like persons better than principles, and I like persons with no principles better than anything else in the world"

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord
    It was very cold winter once. And we were waiting in a car. And only the front seats had electric benchwarmers.

So as a joke I told this one girl:
    - I should sit in the front seat, because I have less stuffing in my ass

She was:
    - What did you just say?!

Me, with louder voice, because I thought she just didn't hear me:
    - I said, that I should sit in the front seat, because I have less stuffing in my ass.

It was supposed to be a crack at my bony ass, that I had back then. Anyway she didn't have fat ass, and had ok body. So, I didn't think it quite through

Beat that

If my roommates were home, I would have woken them up, haha.

--

Overheard in a Subway lineup:

"Blah, blah chicken-breast on brown."

"You mean wheat? It's not 'brown' anymore."

"Not politically correct, or what?"

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hashish
    He sound like ISTp to me. INTp aren't THAT direct and mean!
    No. I think it's the other way around.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast