Thread: Hello. Scam inside.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hello. Scam inside.

I am not new; I already have an account. Tearsofaclown. Here is the problem: the email I used for it had to be closed due to identity theft. So I can log in on my phone as tearsofaclown because the password is saved. I can't on my computer because I don't remember the password and don't have access to the email I signed up with. So what do you want to do?

The scam is:

You get packages from Amazon you didn't order. The scam is that the person who actually ordered this in my name is the seller of the product and by using my name and having it shipped to me he is able to get a verified purchase tag to inflate his reviews. Pretty clever. I had no idea till I Googled it. It was almost like somebody was trolling me. Amazon actually lets me keep the shit too. lol. While refunding me. I'm getting free random products. I got a fuckin bubble machine in a box today.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

@mu4 can you merge his accounts with the new email so he can have access under his username Tearsofaclown again? I don't think any current mods have this permission.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you also confirm this by using your Tearsofaclown account on your phone, maybe authorized people can solve this without waiting for a confirmation.

You can also find your own saved password.

iphone:
    https://www.igeeksblog.com/view-saved-passwords-on-safari-for-iphone-and-ipad/

google chrome/android: https://android.stackexchange.com/qu...me-for-android

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by myresearch View Post
    If you also confirm this by using your Tearsofaclown account on your phone, maybe authorized people can solve this without waiting for a confirmation.

You can also find your own saved password.

iphone:
    https://www.igeeksblog.com/view-saved-passwords-on-safari-for-iphone-and-ipad/

google chrome/android: https://android.stackexchange.com/qu...me-for-android
    Thanks. That would have worked but I created an entire new Google account as well and closed my old one so it is just showing me password for this account.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fallingknives View Post
    The scam is:

You get packages from Amazon you didn't order. The scam is that the person who actually ordered this in my name is the seller of the product and by using my name and having it shipped to me he is able to get a verified purchase tag to inflate his reviews. Pretty clever. I had no idea till I Googled it. It was almost like somebody was trolling me. Amazon actually lets me keep the shit too. lol. While refunding me. I'm getting free random products. I got a fuckin bubble machine in a box today.
    Now that you mention this I am sure this is what happened to me. When your amazon got "hacked" I told you how someone tried to charge a $600 phone to my account on another site right before that. They tried to ship it to my address too. Then weirdly a couple (well dressed woman and homeless looking man in a SUV) was driving up and down my street a few days later so I assumed they were looking for packages. Maybe not... I took a look and that seller is now gone.

My bank flagged it though since I have something set to notify for approval over a certain amount. The couple might have still been looking for packages since it was the holidays... it might have just been a coincidence they were there right after someone tried to charge an expensive item to my account. I still changed all emails and passwords.

Edit: Use two factor where available. Not sure how these sellers are able to keep doing it to you.
    Last edited by Aylen; 02-05-2019 at 09:51 PM.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    Now that you mention this I am sure this is what happened to me. When your amazon got "hacked" I told you how someone tried to charge a $600 phone to my account on another site right before that. They tried to ship it to my address too. Then weirdly a couple (well dressed woman and homeless looking man in a SUV) was driving up and down my street a few days later so I assumed they were looking for packages. Maybe not... I took a look and that seller is now gone.

My bank flagged it though since I have something set to notify for approval over a certain amount. The couple might have still been looking for packages since it was the holidays... it might have just been a coincidence they were there right after someone tried to charge an expensive item to my account. I still changed all emails and passwords.

Edit: Use two factor where available. Not sure how these sellers are able to keep doing it to you.

It's called "brushing"

"Due to the unbalanced pricing policies of the United Postal Union and subsidies from the U.S. Postal Service, it costs people in China virtually nothing to ship small packages to the U.S. That, combined with the super cheap price they pay for the junk they ship, makes brushing a quick and cost effective way to move up the sales rankings – which means everything for e-commerce merchants."