Thread: Vor-Syn Cog, or why socionics might be inconsistent

TIM
    ILE-H
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Vor-Syn Cog, or why socionics might be inconsistent

Vortical-Synergetic Cognition is associated with thinking in terms of evolution in time. is the function used with evolution in time according to the internal logic of Socionics. So there must be a cause-and-effect relationship between and Vortical-Synergetic Cognition.

My first hypothesis was that is in the ego block of all VSC types and not in the ego block of all nonVSC types. Counterexample: SLI is VSC but doesn't have in the ego block.

My second hypothesis was that is a valued function of all VSC types and a non-valued function of all nonVSC types. Counterexample: ESE is VSC but doesn't value . It has as most vulnerable function.

So I don't think Socionics is internally consistent.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cognitive styles are not part of the fundamental fabric of socionics. What we should conclude from this is that cognitive styles are not consistent with classical socionics, much like many of Gulenko's newer ideas.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

?

you do understand that cognitive styles are derived from Reinin dichotomies, and not directly from functional preference, right?
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PeterPanPrinciple View Post
    Vortical-Synergetic Cognition is associated with thinking in terms of evolution in time. is the function used with evolution in time according to the internal logic of Socionics. So there must be a cause-and-effect relationship between and Vortical-Synergetic Cognition.

My first hypothesis was that is in the ego block of all VSC types and not in the ego block of all nonVSC types. Counterexample: SLI is VSC but doesn't have in the ego block.

My second hypothesis was that is a valued function of all VSC types and a non-valued function of all nonVSC types. Counterexample: ESE is VSC but doesn't value . It has as most vulnerable function.

So I don't think Socionics is internally consistent.
    They’re all dynamic types who have conscious . You’re welcome.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    They’re all dynamic types who have conscious . You’re welcome.
    You're right about that, but that's still not the source of v-s thinking style, which is rooted in positivism-dynamic-result.
    I'm not even sure where the op got his idea from.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    You're right about that, but that's still not the source of v-s thinking style, which is rooted in positivism-dynamic-result.
    I'm not even sure where the op got his idea from.
    It’s not an idea, it’s an inability to find the source info or read carefully enough to have seen it I guess. Hence why he was still searching for a pattern.