Thread: Intro

TIM
    EIE-Ni 8w9 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Intro

Hi there. I've been interested in Socionics and Jungian psych in general for a few years now, and have peeked at more than a few threads on here. Finally signing up just made sense.

I'm honestly not good at the self-revealing part of introductions, but here goes: I'm an obnoxious little rich girl at a school for even worse obnoxious little rich girls. We have a mutual understanding, it's much more bearable than it sounds. I'm a tennis player and all-around fitness junkie. I also like to think I'm well-read and deep and stuff. One of my main joys is long in-depth conversations about philosophy, religion, and politics.

The avatar aside, I'm really not much of a gamer. I've played a couple, they've all been RPGs or Call of Duty at the boyfriend's place, but it isn't a regular pastime of mine. I just like and identify with Sylvanas' story.

https://youtu.be/JirvSuZQ-gA?t=225
    TIM
    IEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Heyyy I used to go to an obnoxious rich white school, it was pretty entertaining for me even if I didn't care for most people. Actually they weren't all that obnoxious, just a bit dramatic. Somehow I miss it.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 8w9 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by the ardour of autumn View Post
    Heyyy I used to go to an obnoxious rich white school, it was pretty entertaining for me even if I didn't care for most people. Actually they weren't all that obnoxious, just a bit dramatic. Somehow I miss it.
    Honestly, the dramatics is fun. Most of the people at my uni are awful human beings, but the soap opera-tier drama and gamesmanship that comes with that never gets dull.

TIM
    IEI E4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome!
    What's it like being an EIE enneagram 8? I've never met one before, they've all been 2's, 3's or 4's.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 8w9 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey there, thanks for the welcome.

I definitely have a lot of 3-ish tendencies, to the point where I strongly considered 3w4 core when I first got into all this. But when I think about my core motivations, while there's a huge drive to excel, it's all for my own sake. By that, I don't mean that I don't care about others. I mean that the bar I'm testing myself against, is myself. The reason I'm pushing myself is partly to learn new skills that help me maintain my control over my own life, partly the sheer thrill of winning. How it looks to others doesn't really factor in.

So, for me it's less about walking in the room and being the boss, just throwing power around. I don't really do that. While I have a serious resting bitchface, I don't even come off all that hard-edged. My fashion sense is more preppy than thrift store. But, if there's one thing I'm not lacking, it's personal drive. If I actually know the workings of something, it's not self-confidence either.

TIM
    IEI E4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hela View Post
    Hey there, thanks for the welcome.

I definitely have a lot of 3-ish tendencies, to the point where I strongly considered 3w4 core when I first got into all this. But when I think about my core motivations, while there's a huge drive to excel, it's all for my own sake. By that, I don't mean that I don't care about others. I mean that the bar I'm testing myself against, is myself. The reason I'm pushing myself is partly to learn new skills that help me maintain my control over my own life, partly the sheer thrill of winning. How it looks to others doesn't really factor in.

So, for me it's less about walking in the room and being the boss, just throwing power around. I don't really do that. While I have a serious resting bitchface, I don't even come off all that hard-edged. My fashion sense is more preppy than thrift store. But, if there's one thing I'm not lacking, it's personal drive. If I actually know the workings of something, it's not self-confidence either.

Interesting! You almost sound a little SLE-ish there
    Since I'm fairly certain all the enneagram 8's I've met have been logical types, it's interesting to think about how an ennegaram 8 ethical type would act in and perceive the world.