Thread: Which socionics type is the most messy/disorganised/scatterbrained?

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Which socionics type is the most messy/disorganised/scatterbrained?

Which socionics type is the most prone to being messy and disorganized and scatterbrained? Is it p types?

Just wondering about this because I happen to type myself as a p type and I'm very messy and disorganized.

In my workplace for example, my boss will sometimes come up to my table and ask me for some documents, but my table is always so messy and those documents always ended up being lost in those piles of messiness and my boss ended up having to search for the documents through those piles of messiness on the table.

Those who self-typed as a p type, are you the same way too? Are you very messy/disorganized/scatterbrained?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

P types are disorganised from the point of J types

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    P types are disorganised from the point of J types
    This is true. My ESI mom has always called me messy. I think my two j bosses probably finds me messy too but they're too nice to say anything.

I didn't realise how messy/disorganized I was until I find myself starting to lose items left and right. Had an incident at work today whereby I almost lost a student's homework and I was thinking how to explain to my bosses about the lost homework, but thank goodness my IEI coworker managed to help me find it in time.

And if j types often view p types as disorganized, then p types tend to view j types as too organized, the sort who often use a planner. . My ESI mom would keep a calendar on her bedside table and she would write inside that calendar almost every day. As a p type, I've always wondered how she managed to keep up with all those writing. .

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Soul View Post
    And if j types often view p types as disorganized, then p types tend to view j types as too organized
    they should see J types as unreasonably stubborn and boring we are such, compared to them. J types tend to lack the flexibility

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Most disorganized idk but Si creative types can easily take the spot for least disorganized.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably IEE. Honorable mentions include EIE, ILE, SEE...

Mostly this is about low Si, Se, and Ti. The relationship of organization with Se is a bit more complicated, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
    Most disorganized idk but Si creative types can easily take the spot for least disorganized.
    They're up there but I'd say Se creative wins.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    They're up there but I'd say Se creative wins.
    Sometimes I find that they are more organized mentally than physically tbh.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

TIM
    SEI-Fe1 9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yeah SEI is a disorganized type, judging by my personal experience xD hah. I would say it's the least organized type, but I just realized that the difference between us and IEIs might make IEI slightly more disorganized (due to them having less awareness of the concrete physical environment)

Looking from the outside, my living space has no rhyme or reason to it, but I still maintain a sense of where everything is by remembering where I put it. I almost never forget where things are. But no one else could find anything amongst all the clutter D: <.<

But on the other hand, IEIs are better at organizing a complex story in their heads than I am!! One I know is a really good mystery writer, he can keep track of a really complex evolving plotline. My brain would be overwhelmed trying to keep track of all the interconnections, clues, and not making the unfolding story too predictable.

And yes, I think it's true that usually P types are less organized than J types.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

IEE prob
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    IEE 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always got bad comments on report cards for care of property and spent many a lunchtime going to try and find my lost belongings in the lost property office. I couldn't get it together with my room at home and my mum would lock me in and not let me out til it was clean and I would just sit and wallow in front of the mirror amidst all the junk as I could not fathom how to get it all straight.
    Now I have had lots and lots of failing and losing things etc but having been feircely independent have learnt to be patient with myself when I lose/get lost and not freak out so I'm quite good at it all. I really struggle with getting day to day house stuff done, so I have to trick myself to try and start by having something new to change or organise, also I do the way described as ep temperament, I start the dishes notice something needs to go in bathroom go put it in bathroom, start cleaning bathroom, take clothes on floor to laundry start washing laundry etc rotating between the rooms following my whims, it works out the best way for me to get anything done so I don't fight it anymore even though it's not logical. But there is some mental order in the physical mess and I am good at guessing where I have left things like keys, so I don't lose a lot now.

I think one reason for all this is I become very engrossed in one thing I am doing to the point of forgetting all else like if I am talking to someone and cooking I will totally forget I am cooking, I am a mum etc because I am focusing on the conversation so intently, everything else disappears.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    they should see J types as unreasonably stubborn and boring we are such, compared to them. J types tend to lack the flexibility
    I think being stubborn is a good thing though. Trust me, you wouldn't want to be a p type at all, because as a p type, I'm very impressionable and people can often change my opinions easily. Like earlier today I went to this food place for my lunch, the food there is supposed to cost only $5-8, but I ended up spending $14 on the food. Why? Because the stall owners over there managed to persuade me to try out some of their new dishes. I hardly care about those new dishes, yet I get persuaded by them and ended up splurging my money on foods that I hardly care about.

I'm so mad at myself for wasting so much money today. I don't think a j type would have the same issue as me. If a salesperson try to persuade them into spending money, they will just say no and stick to that decision. They won't get swayed, they won't change their mind about things.

I think this might be why I have a huge phobia of salespeople. Whenever I see salespeople coming my way, I'll start running the other direction, because I know there is a high chance they will end up convincing me to splurge my money away.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Soul View Post
    I'm so mad at myself for wasting so much money today. I don't think a j type would have the same issue as me.
    J type would bought some of the new food on the next day. At least, Si - as we like new food.

> If a salesperson try to persuade them into spending money, they will just say no and stick to that decision. They won't get swayed, they won't change their mind about things.

And have higher chance to miss better opportunities. For example, new food could be better than which was in the plan. J types may adopt to a scenario and longer ignore other possibilities even when it's not hard to try them.

> I think this might be why I have a huge phobia of salespeople. Whenever I see salespeople coming my way, I'll start running the other direction, because I know there is a high chance they will end up convincing me to splurge my money away.