Thread: Adele's Enneagram

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Adele's Enneagram

Is anybody knowledgeable about her biography or has a hunch for her type?

I don't know her well, maybe sexual 497, something like that?

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

4 strikes me immediately as off, she has a chummy relatableness in my view. (and I think she's SEE and I don't like that combo.)
    but idk, I'm not good at this and there are a lot of types that would be plausible to me.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

6w7 imo. No way is she a 4, she curses like a drunk sailor and isn't exactly elegant or fragile.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    6w7 imo. No way is she a 4, she curses like a drunk sailor and isn't exactly elegant or fragile.
    Fragility - yes, that would be 4. It comes out in the artistry only it seems. But girl, what...?! Elegance and cursing are not enneagram-related This is just personal judgement/ experience shining through. 9 can be elegant or curse, 5 can be elegant or curse, et cetera - anything goes. Unless 4 is an ideal sophisticated lamb to you, that I can't feel. Type variety is too broad. But 6 is on the list, that's good, need to think about it.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    Fragility - yes, that would be 4. It comes out in the artistry only it seems. But girl, what...?! Elegance and cursing are not enneagram-related This is just personal judgement/ experience shining through. 9 can be elegant or curse, 5 can be elegant or curse, et cetera - anything goes. Unless 4 is an ideal sophisticated lamb to you, that I can't feel. Type variety is too broad. But 6 is on the list, that's good, need to think about it.
    4's have elegance and fragility to them, Adele otoh is a relatable tomboy. Nothing aloof about her, your average English girl who tells it like it is - doesn't try to come off high class at all. Cursing ofc isn't type related, but cursing every second word on stage in a "manly" way is. Lily Allen is a similar case. I've nothing against her, she's cool btw, just an observation : )

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Unless 4 is an ideal sophisticated lamb to you.
    4w3's are called Aristocrats for a reason. It's just the way in which she curses, not that she does. You can compare it to how Morrisey curses with his haughty disdain - he does it like he is looking down on everybody, she does it like a guy's girl over a pint in a nearest pub : ).

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

4's have elegance and fragility to them, Adele otoh is a relatable tomboy. Nothing aloof about her, your average English girl who tells it like it is - doesn't try to come off high class at all. Cursing ofc isn't type related, but cursing every second word on stage in a "manly" way is. Lily Allen is a similar case. I've nothing against her, she's cool btw, just an observation : )
    4w3's are called Aristocrats for a reason. It's just the way in which she curses, not that she does. You can compare it to how Morrisey curses with his haughty disdain - he does it like he is looking down on everybody, she does it like a guy's girl over a pint in a nearest pub : ).
    All good but behavior does not point at the precise core fear. She could behave in a sailor way to feel unique, because it makes her so different, who knows. And maybe to look down on others either way, I mean both heavy and haughty cursing is just about that Elite back and forth, she's already on top. I'd rather want to hear a statement from her where she says why she does what she does. I'm going on a quote hunt aye

Lilly Allen! My sweetheart. She could be some 8 with 6 type of combination. "Sometimes it's hard to find the words to say... I'll go ahead and say them anyway" But in her case the music reflects much more of her authentic IRL drives. Adele has like, two personas that are far apart which I am curious about. Could be some 3 influence.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

All good but behavior does not point at the precise core fear. She could behave in a sailor way to feel unique, because it makes her so different, who knows. And maybe to look down on others either way, I mean both heavy and haughty cursing is just about that Elite back and forth, she's already on top. I'd rather want to hear a statement from her where she says why she does what she does. I'm going on a quote hunt aye

Lilly Allen! My sweetheart. She could be some 8 with 6 type of combination. "Sometimes it's hard to find the words to say... I'll go ahead and say them anyway" But in her case the music reflects much more of her authentic IRL drives. Adele has like, two personas that are far apart which I am curious about. Could be some 3 influence.
    Behaviour doesn't point to core fear, but same types have similar "vibe" (god, hate that word) and body language. And tomboys just aren't 4w3's imo. 4w5 is out of the question for her, I hope ; )

Just look at her agressively laughing like a hyena at 1:50 : D How is there anything withdrawn about her?

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Behaviour doesn't point to core fear, but same types have similar "vibe" (god, hate that word) and body language. And tomboys just aren't 4w3's imo. 4w5 is out of the question for her, I hope ; )

Just look at her agressively laughing like a hyena at 1:50 : D How is there anything withdrawn about her?

Tomboy... would be core seven to me, similar range as you. Or maybe 5 but that is not Adele obv 4w5 would be too much, it's more like Curt Cobain's realm.

***EXTROVERT ALERT***
    Oh yeah I believe the SEE typing for real now @ashlesha. No, not really anything like 4.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Tomboy... would be core seven to me, similar range as you. Or maybe 5 but that is not Adele obv 4w5 would be too much, it's more like Curt Cobain's realm.

***EXTROVERT ALERT***
    Oh yeah I believe the SEE typing for real now @ashlesha. No, not really anything like 4.
    Besides 7, 6w7's can also be very tomboyish - not all, ofc. Are you typing me a 7 ?

TIM
    LSI-Se
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get a 1 vibe from her.
    LSI-Se 836 Sp/Sx

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Besides 7, 6w7's can also be very tomboyish - not all, ofc. Are you typing me a 7 ?
    With similar range I meant your suggestion for her! Like we both suggested head center there. I type you 2w3 or 3w2 and social stack, pretty far away from Adele

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

With similar range I meant your suggestion for her! Like we both suggested head center there. I type you 2w3 or 3w2 and social stack, pretty far away from Adele
    Cool, because I'm nothing like her and I was surprised : ) I was considering 7 for her, but her songs are kinda whiny for that...

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Cool, because I'm nothing like her and I was surprised : ) I was considering 7 for her, but her songs are kinda whiny for that...
    Yes. And it really wouldn't make sense - "rolling in the deep" for a 7? Like what?

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Yes. And it really wouldn't make sense - "rolling in the deep" for a 7? Like what?

Lol, her music is way too whiny, repetative and negative, not to mention boring. She as a person is much more interesting.

For your typing of me, I totally understand your perception from forum interaction. I'm not nearly as bubbly or overbearing as SO 2w3's and 3w2's tend to be, though - I'm no mother hen at all; ) Tbh I've been considering 2 in the past and have wondered if I have a strange blind spot for certain 2's, because I do relate a whole lot to wanting to be loved and adored and being afraid of feeling worthless and unlovable. I'm also super proud, but that's both 2 and 3. The problem with 2 is that I actually prefer being seen as bad and amoral, so I don't really see how that fits with super id. My bf lovingly calls me a lying sociopath and that I don't know what shame is, and even though none of that is actually true, I am secretly pleased with it and would hate being seen as goody two shoes or overly helpful to other people or especially needy - I don't really give a rat's ass about that and the worst thing you can be imo is to be an overly-helpful fool who everybody takes advantage of. I don't think that superid type is ok as being seen or even think about themselves as a dick, unless I'm missing something. My bf is either 693 or 692 and he's miles different: actually offended if I call him a dick (although he can certanly be and he's no saint at all, but it's like he needs to think about himself as being "good" and helpful if it makes sense - and to me a compliment is to be called cunning and crafty (from those who know me). Anyway, I'm pretty contradictory in how I act and how I think (and my thinking is super changable anyway, from being sweet and sentimental to being cutting and aloof), so I'm not surprised by any typing and I'm kinda over it myself. My fixes, 7 and 9, are much easier to discern than my core type (apart from being double image - heart) if you know me in person. All in all, your typing is still heaps better than people typing me 4 or 6 or having an 8 fix : )

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol, her music is way too whiny, repetative and negative, not to mention boring. )
    lol i agree, i have chanced upon her music sometimes if i had the radio on and immediately changed the station as soon as she came on.

Maybe her whiny music does have something to do with enneatype (?) but i've just barely scratched the surface and am no good at it for further input.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

sx/so 7w6

her main *thing* is entertaining people and having a good time, making jokes etc - this is 7 (maybe w6 in particular)

definitely not core 4.... nothing withdrawn about this lady

there's a masochistic element to the sexual instinct that makes sx 7s drawn to that stuff and can look quasi-4 i guess, without the shame

rn i think her tritype is 729 with a 2w1 fix. could be 4 fixed though
    Last edited by maniac; 01-12-2018 at 10:13 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm new here

Anyway, I also get 6ish vibes from Adele. Having grown up in the same area as her (London), to me, she embodies a very common character here, in a very ordinary, charming way (and I don't mean that as a insult either!) She is the sort of "local" that one might expect to bump into every Saturday night down the pub, lol. I think it is her down-to-earth/no-pretence personality that a lot of people find so endearing. There is also a vulnerable, self-doubting and anxious energy about her, as well as a "tough" "no-nonsense" defiance that is expressed when she is defending others. She actually reminds me of Jennifer Lawrence in a way, they have a similar vibe/energy (and I type Lawrence as 6w7 but I know that others will disagree with that!)

Having said that, I could perhaps also see a case for 2. I see a lot of "mother"hen" like qualities about her, I could definitely see her as some kind of matriarch type figure. There is this emotion in her eyes when she sings, when she praises her friends and loved ones...it oozes from her. She has so much love to give.

Those are just my random thoughts anyway!

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CrossRoads View Post
    I'm new here

Anyway, I also get 6ish vibes from Adele. Having grown up in the same area as her (London), to me, she embodies a very common character here, in a very ordinary, charming way (and I don't mean that as a insult either!) She is the sort of "local" that one might expect to bump into every Saturday night down the pub, lol. I think it is her down-to-earth/no-pretence personality that a lot of people find so endearing. There is also a vulnerable, self-doubting and anxious energy about her, as well as a "tough" "no-nonsense" defiance that is expressed when she is defending others. She actually reminds me of Jennifer Lawrence in a way, they have a similar vibe/energy (and I type Lawrence as 6w7 but I know that others will disagree with that!)

Having said that, I could perhaps also see a case for 2. I see a lot of "mother"hen" like qualities about her, I could definitely see her as some kind of matriarch type figure. There is this emotion in her eyes when she sings, when she praises her friends and loved ones...it oozes from her. She has so much love to give.

Those are just my random thoughts anyway!
    Thanks for contributing as an insider, chu
    How do you see J.Law as core 6?

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Jennifer has so mouch doubt and insecurity vibes around her and she always wanting to be relatable (like "where's the pizza"),which is 6.. relatable......
    I think she's sx/so 649

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I agree with the above ^

Her energy is nervous, anxious and self-doubting. In interviews she always looks a little terrified, (which is kind of adorable and makes her even more "relatable"). However, she is an actress, and one has to question how much of what you see is just another character/persona. I understand why some might type her as core 7 but to me she lacks the stable self-confidence and "idgaf" attitude that 7s have. Similar to Adele, she has that girl-next-door/friendly village local vibe, she seems more comfortable being one of the "gang" than standing out from a crowd showing the world how "special" she is.

Honestly, I don't know a lot about her, I am purely going on vibes/impressions!

Edit: her down-to-earth character and outward energy that focuses on others are indicators that perhaps point to the attachment triad (3, 6 & 9).
    Last edited by CrossRoads; 01-20-2018 at 09:40 PM.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Well I type Adele as 7w6 because she takes up more space than Jennifer as you can see and Adele is more confident in her joke-telling or whatever. She's also more assertive: