Thread: Kwon Jiyong/G-Dragon

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Kwon Jiyong/G-Dragon

Maybe SEI-Fe? Many people assume that his productivity & leadership skills indicate LIE but I think that there's some enneagram 3/8 stuff going on. How can somebody with a "Too fast to live too young to die" tattoo be rational. Ip or Ep seems about right. He's very subdued in interviews but then again... he's a chameleon. ENTp as his dual would fit, innovations everywhere. Or is he some obscure ILE himself? What about SEE? V.I says Fe but ugh...

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Eureka! After further extensive research, I'm confident that he's an ESFp

Somewhat random list of insights:

- practical-minded, grounded in reality, immersed in processes and not looking for the bigger picture, very aware of what is going on, no "head in the clouds" person --> Se
    - productive, working with what is there, wants to be competent as a writer, always informed about what is necessary to know --> Te HA, process type
    - good at hyping up people, 100% social animal, travels for recognition, superb @ manipulating the mood --> SeFi + Fe Demonstrative
    - creates mostly dancefloor-destroying hits
    • Good Boy
    • Dirty Vibe
    • Dope
    • One of A Kind
    • Shake The World
    • Gossip Man
    • Heartbreaker
    • Fantastic Baby
    • We Like 2 Party
    • Crayon aka "Get your cra(z)y on"
    • The Leaders
    • Bang Bang Bang
    • etc... even the titles scream Se-Fi

- ... or ballads that show his affinity of dark themes: emptiness, `madness´, solitude, fear of love and failure, melancholy, rebellion. Which are the more insecure Ni-Te functions
    • Black
    • Loser
    • If you
    • Crazy
    • A Boy
    • Last Farewell
    • Window
    • Obsession
    • Crooked
    • Blue
    • Sober
    • the titles themselves sound like ILI-hymns

- dislikes rules ("Coup d'Etat", deconstructive approach to fashion, chaotic publicity, doesn't follow rigid schedules, makes wrong conclusions/connections in interviews) --> Ti PoLR, positivist, typical SEE anarchy scenario
    - fluid body movements, posture is almost always crooked (hah) and never angular, gestures are rather uncontrolled --> irrational
    - tries to talk about his development all the time, false appraisal ensues. Friends with Taeyang, his semi-dual I think, and they're still going strong after how many years?! --> Ni dual-seeking, static
    - "I want it - I get it" personality --> aggressor
    - doesn't get tired of repetitiveness at work, see recording studio activity etc --> sensor
    - seen giggling, smiling, grinning a little all the time, quick to become embarrassed, cuteness cannot be contained --> ethical, passionate ExFx talking style
    - skilled laissez-faire leader and speaker, persuades with ease, plays with the public, adapts to collaborators, relies on them (see Teddy) --> Se, democratic
    - shy when he fears for his reputation, EXTREMELY image-conscious --> SeFi, emotive
    - implements his perfectionism forcefully, if Jiyong wants it to be that one way he'll move heaven and hell. Standards and motivation are both sky high --> Se-Te, obstinate type
    - individualistic, eccentric, wants to express himself, firm set of values --> Fi
    - artistry is bold'n'bossy and almost never subtle, strong noticeable visuals and messages are key. I read somewhere that G-Dragon is "the Jack Sparrow of K-Pop: You may not like him, you may think he sucks, but you've heard of him" --> Se, decisive type
    - fails to end projects, spontaneous quirks, improvises all the time (esp. on stage) --> irrational

I could go on and on. SEE-Se Sx/So 3w4 7w8 8w9 is my complete typing. The Se subtype places emphasis on Te which explains the faux ENTj vibe.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How about IEE?

Big Bang strikes me as a pretty delta band. The originality of a lot of the imagery that they use makes me think Ne is valued and the color palette is pretty refined. I can agree comfortably with Ep Fi creative at least : O. Also the coherence of the entire group image makes me think aristocratic. If I were to pick out the SEE the first one I'd think of would be Daesung, I think.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Thanks for the input! Let's see - Huxley for GD... Taeyang EII, Seunghyun SLI (GD&TOP Dual project), Seungri from the opposing quadra (SLE, I guess)? In that case, nice! That would be brilliant. Daesung seems Alpha SF to me though, he's pretty much out of the equation. ESE probably: angel image, mood making, dramatic merriness

Your color palette idea made me think of the Bae Bae MV, which is very Delta, yep

Now we have an explanation why Jungkook (SEI) idolizes him so much. And the countless new styles (Ne). And why he basically looks like Mino

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    Now we have an explanation why Jungkook (SEI) idolizes him so much. And the countless new styles (Ne). And why he basically looks like Mino
    Not totally on topic but I'm pretty confident that Jungkook is SLI, not SEI. And I've just realised you started a BTS thread so I'll copy and paste my junk to there.

I agree with TOP being SLI and I wouldn't argue with SEI or SEE for GD but I unfortunately don't know him that well yet!

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yifflord View Post
    Not totally on topic but I'm pretty confident that Jungkook is SLI, not SEI. And I've just realised you started a BTS thread so I'll copy and paste my junk to there.

I agree with TOP being SLI and I wouldn't argue with SEI or SEE for GD but I unfortunately don't know him that well yet!
    (omg finally someone to discuss with ahhh)

Why SLI for Jungkook, he seems like an obvious Fe user, tunes in neatly after initial shyness and can go over the top. (Answer in the BTS thread)

GD is such a tricky case because he portrays so many public images. I got into his work in 2012 and continued to follow his activities but I still don't know him that well either :')

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mother of KPop, it finally dawned on me. My V.I suspicion was right - GD is not an IEE but an EIE. I simply misinterpreted everything:

• "GD is such a tricky case because he portrays so many public images." ---> EIE is the actor of the socion
    • "he's a chameleon" ---> ditto
    • "innovations everywhere" ---> Ne ideas, Ni progressiveness and timing
    • "dislikes rules" ---> Beta, weak Ti! Delta does not go against the grain in such an aggressive manner while GD is out there breaking every rule there is
    • "skilled laissez-faire leader and speaker, persuades with ease, plays with the public" ---> Fe-Se, achieves and persuades everyone by being charming
    • "good at hyping up people, 100% social animal, travels for recognition, superb @ manipulating the mood" ---> Fe, Ej restlessness
    • "individualistic, eccentric, wants to express himself" ---> yeah, Fe-lead.
    • "strong noticeable visuals and messages are key." ---> Beta!! Delta is not the propaganda quadra lmao
    • "anarchy scenario" ---> dittooo
    • "faux ENTj vibe" ---> there we have it, Ej. An ENFp could not come across as hardworking and perfectionistic. GD isn't scattered enough - when you watch how he works, he's actually more authoritarian and linear.

• "shy when he fears for his reputation, EXTREMELY image-conscious" ---> 3w4 and Fe over Fi! Him acting tough upsets people, Se HA!
    • "seen giggling, smiling, grinning a little all the time, quick to become embarrassed, cuteness cannot be contained" ---> literally Fe all the time, it's not his demonstrative (which is often ignored and used in private)

Aristocracy: check!
    Merry: check! See video, always making positive and loud jokes, laughing outbursts, compliments
    Beta NF art & mystery: check! (Peace minus one, Instagram, FASHION...)
    Questim: check! ("what should I do?" "let's ask teddy" "I'm indecisive"...)
    Si PoLR: check! Ignores discomfort to advance his projects. See video, works when he is sick. Went on performing when he hurt his ankle during OOAK tour, feared trauma. Didn't cancel the tour, just went on. Also: looks completely destroyed when his army of stylists doesn't take care of his appearance. Dyes his hair more than humanly possible. Plastic surgery mishaps (chin implant et cetera). Advantage: High level of professionalism even when injured.
    Victim type: check! always portrayed as being harassed by the media who interfere with his relationships

Taeyang IEI, TOP LII, Seungri SLE, Daesung ESE.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@LuckyOne I dig your spam!

As far as I understood it,
    Ji - EIE
    Taeyang - IEI
    Seungri - SEE
    TOP - ESI?
    And Daesung, thoughts on him?

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Recently, Taeyang exposed a blushing GD saying that he acts sick to get the interest of a female Delta NF aleeert

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyOne View Post
    @Chae Did you manage to read my "Why GD is an IEE" post before I deleted it? I took it out for pure petty reasons, but now seeing as you type him IEE too I'm curious as to how you've come to the conclusion and if it's for the same reasons?
    On top of the blog post, I really think GD is more of a Delta productive/expertise (Te) and a social connector (Fi) person rather than someone who goes off like Jonghyun (EIE) with ultra energy and subtle arts. IEE is more chaotic, as in: get your crayon. The Si-seeking extends to GD enjoying food and drink with his fellas to being very infantile himself, see below. It's not conquest of directing others but pursuit of creative mayhem all while collaborating with Fi. I see him super spaced out head in the clouds in interviews, indicating ideas over emotion, Ne over Fe. He's strangely cryptic in his art and communication, intuitive leads can be like this. He has terrible moods as well, something that leads manage better. I see myself in this, Fe demonstrative is more uncontrolled.

Also suggestive to Daesung's tips.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yes to everything, the key for me was precisely the word "control", or his lack thereof.
    It also mirrors in his posture Irrational types are the weirdest contortionists. I've read that rationals are less likely to take on the shape of a chair and so on, while irrationals are just like this:

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Again, comparison to Jonghyun, hilarious:

He also has items on top of himself?? How can he continue sleep like that! PoLR alertttt

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

That's settled then, I'm an Irrational, therefore not EIE!

But seriously, that Jonghyun pic is baffling, how indeed??? I can't ever understand when people stay in uncomfortable positions, asleep or awake, it bothers me a lot seeing other people, imagine being in their place. And to me the way he's situated while correct when it comes to posture, it's just so impossible. The things on top of him, how does it not bother him and how does it not fall down? Questions, questions...

This is me:

My natural posture is so bad I not only had to have lessons but had to take on Pilates to fix it because my hip was rotated My mom did call me a contortionist since I can remember, but the bright side is my flexibility helps in dancing, so whatever.
    You need a coffin because the stock pictures killed me x_x
    Si PoLR can't dance according to the forum consensus Your hip was rotated oh no :/

Is that also you?

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@LuckyOne
    Like the last one hehe.

Back to Jiyong, you said TOP is ESI. Are they really in supervision? TOP has more imo, could be his enneagram 4-ness but he measures up to GD in terms of intuition.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

No he hasn't, he's just amused by it but you'll notice he never delves deeper into it, his taste in art is pretty . I mean I always kept coming back to being an EIE basically because based not only on my own (which should always be questioned since biased) notion but by general consensus that intuition was my thing. There's quite a difference between how and operate, but I'm always pretty confident when spotting them on someone because it's pretty hard to miss, even if not in the leading position.

I find their relationship pretty standard for supervision, though. I mean GD is always doing the most to get his attention/approval and TOP is indulging but quick to pull the leash. But please go ahead and show me where you see , it's been ages since I checked him out.
    How does that play out practically? TOP's art taste is the outward absurd, which is . What I do get about the connection would be his affinity for Kubrick (ILI), Doom Dada is a good example. Maybe we are both right and TOP uses Ni as well as Ne i.e. he's EII or LII.

Some video to help us, he uses tremendous intuition here. Temporal frames galore, is really strong.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

There's no way he's a Logical type. He's said and shown time and time again he's really emotional and vulnerable, which is why he protects himself by putting up an either cold or pleasant but blank wall between him and people. Which is why most people type him ILI. He's 4w5-5w4 too so the 4 brings the likeness and the 5 makes the shines through, I've seen IEI typings too, but I don't see .

Did you watch big Bang' making of the band documentary? If not, then please do, that was before he knew how to guard himself, the difference is astonishing, he's much more emotional than anyone in the group, and his personal attachment in it seems very .
    Mhm, need to analyze that further with the material.

I wasn't aware of that! Can you point out some footage? I couldn't find anything.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The show lasts for 10 episodes and it's totally worth your time, so much GD/Seungri action going on and not to mention their relationship with Hyungseung.

Starts here:
    Ohh where are the relevant parts for tabi? In the second episode I saw him not really as PoLR, he does express talent estimation realistically. But that's one detail I got, typings need a broader picture.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@LuckyOne (too many vids, can't quote)

Ah, thanks! They oddly don't have audio in my country, how does that work? :/

Anyway: Hanbin sized them up via which estimates strength and who can be positioned where, not potential. I can't see the link between him and TOP, Hanbin is a moral perfectionist boss asskicker and Tabi is the shy bohemian with a passion for chairs and dancing weird. I still have him as an intuitive, body control is related.

For comparison: Hanbin going off as usual, he burns you to the ground!! There is an element of guidance and getting into other people's business that TOP really doesn't demonstrate to equal measure.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

This interview confirms:

IEI - GD!

New insights:

Taeyang: IEI
    TOP: IEE

A fox who wants to play, that's me PrettySavage's Avatar