Thread: LSIs/ISTjs and Moodiness

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default LSIs/ISTjs and Moodiness

Any other LSIs notice they become uncharacteristicly moody and brooding without a good supply of Extroverted Feeling?

I've been going through a bad breakup with an ESE and the Fe withdrawal has turned me into a moody little bitch. I don't know what's got into me. Fortunately there's a dual at work that cheers me up.. too bad she's ten years older and married with kids.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

When you break relations where you felt good, it's logical you feel worse now. After some time you'll rebuild.
    To be in good emotional state there are different ways and also other inspiring people.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nokomis View Post
    Any other LSIs notice they become uncharacteristicly moody and brooding without a good supply of Extroverted Feeling?

I've been going through a bad breakup with an ESE and the Fe withdrawal has turned me into a moody little bitch. I don't know what's got into me. Fortunately there's a dual at work that cheers me up.. too bad she's ten years older and married with kids.
    Aww I'm sorry. Yes, when anyone is used to and really enjoys one aspect of a relationship a break from it can alter our overall moods. You can always get Fe base type friends to keep you in good company. Love and psychological supplies don't always have to come from a romantic relationship. I personally don't like that about our modern society (especially in the west) where group friendship doesn't really exist as much as it does in the east like Armenia and Russia.

Make friends

unlike what @Sol says I wouldn't be the right person for the job
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    LSI-Se
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As LSI I have to agree with this. I'm moody AF just in general. I also live with my conflicting quadra and feel like a black sheep so that may have something to do with it.
    LSI-Se 836 Sp/Sx

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pole Ninja View Post
    As LSI I have to agree with this. I'm moody AF just in general. I also live with my conflicting quadra and feel like a black sheep so that may have something to do with it.
    I can empathize; I grew up with an LSE father, ESI mother and SEE brother. Wonderful people but environments without Fe suck the life out of me.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Aww I'm sorry. Yes, when anyone is used to and really enjoys one aspect of a relationship a break from it can alter our overall moods. You can always get Fe base type friends to keep you in good company. Love and psychological supplies don't always have to come from a romantic relationship. I personally don't like that about our modern society (especially in the west) where group friendship doesn't really exist as much as it does in the east like Armenia and Russia.

Make friends

unlike what @Sol says I wouldn't be the right person for the job
    Thank you Maritsa, I've always enjoyed reading your posts on here.

I concur about the anglosphere being over atomized. I've always looked at the communal atmosphere in places like Italy with envy.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    When you break relations where you felt good, it's logical you feel worse now. After some time you'll rebuild.
    To be in good emotional state there are different ways and also other inspiring people.
    Thanks. I've been through this before so I know it gets better. I'm just shocked at the emotionality I've been experiencing lately.

TIM
    IEI-Fe (9)62 sx/?
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Forgive my levity but that's just cute.
    Reason is a whore.

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Anyone who goes through a breakup can be moody, sad and just broken. It's a very painful process, but you will feel better with time...

TIM
    LSI-Se
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can empathize; I grew up with an LSE father, ESI mother and SEE brother. Wonderful people but environments without Fe suck the life out of me.
    That might be my parents types as well. My dad is either SLI or LSE, my mom was either EII or ESI. I have an SLE brother tho. My sister is EII and my brother is IEE.
    LSI-Se 836 Sp/Sx

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

That might be my parents types as well. My dad is either SLI or LSE, my mom was either EII or ESI. I have an SLE brother tho. My sister is EII and my brother is IEE.
    I would like to VI (gives me something to do)
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My mother scored as an LSI and she is rather cold-blooded, but at the same time, she has moody behaviors that I've always found difficult to deal with. I've noticed others can connect with her on those types of emotions and actually make her act in a very positive fashion as a result, but I just feel like she's putting some ungodly pressure on me when she engages in that moodiness.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by uncivilized View Post
    My mother scored as an LSI and she is rather cold-blooded, but at the same time, she has moody behaviors that I've always found difficult to deal with. I've noticed others can connect with her on those types of emotions and actually make her act in a very positive fashion as a result, but I just feel like she's putting some ungodly pressure on me when she engages in that moodiness.
    That's the biggest contradiction with LSI - we're both cold/rational/analytical and moody/self-absorbed at the same time.

I can see why we're difficult to deal with for most types.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

That's the biggest contradiction with LSI - we're both cold/rational/analytical and moody/self-absorbed at the same time.

I can see why we're difficult to deal with for most types.
    I was also going to say that you should learn to identify Fe in media. It would do you well to get that through writing. For example my friend is ESE. You can read his writings here to get doses of Fe

http://jazztimes.com/articles/172133...g-happy-family
    -

TIM
    LSI-Se
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would like to VI (gives me something to do)
    VI who
    LSI-Se 836 Sp/Sx

TIM
    Take a guess
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lsi are moody but they quickly leave that state of mind when put in a brighter environment.

TIM
    LSI-Se
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Resonare View Post
    Lsi are moody but they quickly leave that state of mind when put in a brighter environment.
    So true.
    LSI-Se 836 Sp/Sx

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

VI who
    parents family members etc

here enjoy some Beta Fe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__7KZwQ0JlY
    -

TIM
    LSI-Se
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

parents family members etc

here enjoy some Beta Fe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__7KZwQ0JlY
    I'll look for pics on the weekend. The video lol
    LSI-Se 836 Sp/Sx

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Why do you associate this with Fe withdrawal specifically and not to some other reason that's to do with the breakup or consequences of it?

To answer your question, yes I observed it often enough in people that there's going to be a negative emotional undercurrent if Logic base types don't have Ethics types around to take care of this aspect (preferably with the matching version of Ethics).

Err... I find ESI and SEE pretty fine, they have strong Fe even if it's not the same as with Fe egos. I certainly don't feel like environments with ESI or SEE suck the life out of me. It is not optimal but not bad at all. I think many people and other sources in society can supply some of the dual seeking function anyway.

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've definitely seen LXI's (but mostly LII's, tbh) with a super cranky, broody, vibe.

They really do need Fe

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think they can be moody about stuff that is way to big to deal with, like 'society'. Some of them. But also smaller things which they do not simply accept. Many LSI have a great moral compass imo.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerfadder View Post
    Many LSI have a great moral compass imo.
    Morality is Fi mostly. ISTJ have it weak and unvalued. Without "external compass" they become "bad guys" as don't care much what other people like or not. Easily may become part of bad companies, degrade by alcohol.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    Morality is Fi mostly. ISTJ have it weak and unvalued. Without "external compass" they become "bad guys" as don't care much what other people like or not. Easily may become part of bad companies, degrade by alcohol.
    Moral compass as what is fair and even. Integrity and so on.
    http://www.forward-now.com/wp-conten...al-Compass.gif