Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: How to find/recognize ESTjs: characteristics, style, traits, and real life observations of LSEs

TIM
    EII-Fi
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Online on gaming sites
    What kind of games, exactly? I myself enjoy playing, for example, Dragon Age series and games like Undertale, and will soon try out Life Is Strange and Mass Effect. I also liked Limbo, although I haven't finished it.
    EII-Fi
    2w3 sx/so
    tritype: 2-6-9

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Group ones like league of legends
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

That allows them to take up management of the activity, track others activities, and direct actions
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    EII-Fi
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I forgot to mention Portal and Portal 2, and good old Rakion. I've never been into strategy games, tho. Any LSE-gamer here to confirm Maritsa's words?
    EII-Fi
    2w3 sx/so

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tuathe View Post
    I forgot to mention Portal and Portal 2, and good old Rakion. I've never been into strategy games, tho. Any LSE-gamer here to confirm Maritsa's words?
    Ask @Sol
    -

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Group ones like league of legends
    I have found that many of the people who play League of Legends have also played or go on to play Heroes of the Storm and Diablo. Have you found this to also be the case?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I've started to wonder where can I meet one
    Any general place like streets, shops, cinema, exhibitions, etc. About 1/16 of all people you saw could be ESTJ.
    Some type specific is active resting like working/biking/skiing in parks. Pools, fitness centers, etc.

Any LSE-gamer here to confirm Maritsa's words?
    In the age when games were more interesting for me, I liked multiplayer shooters.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    Any general place like streets, shops, cinema, exhibitions, etc. About 1/16 of all people you saw could be ESTJ.
    Some type specific is active resting like working/biking/skiing in parks. Pools, fitness centers, etc.

In the age when games were more interesting for me, I liked multiplayer shooters.
    Thank you, sol
    -

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Any LSE-gamer here to confirm Maritsa's words?
    That's me.

I forgot Sol self-types as LSE.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    Ni-ENTj 8w9 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You could always just wait for Words to reappear in the shoutbox for his next episode of projecting his inadequacies on other people.

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by oldwhiskey View Post
    You could always just wait for Words to reappear in the shoutbox for his next episode of projecting his inadequacies on other people.

Didn't words type SLI though?

League of Legends might be a place to meet some LSE's (i'm actually not sure it's true, most people on LoL seem immature beta's and gamma and alpha NT's) but they will be the most unhealthy variant of them anyway. I'd stay away from anyone i'd meet on LOL romantically / rl friendship wise.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    I forgot Sol self-types as LSE.
    Also same opinion had Lytov (creator of www.socioniko.net), Stepanov (creator of ru.laser.ru), Grinyuk (creator of wanderer.org.ua and assistant on training of Plaksina which is co-founder of www.perekrestok.kiev.ua). 2 (or 3) of them said opinion without knowing opinion of others beforhand. But these typings were offline. The most important factor to be sure in my type (for me) are IR with a lot of people during years.

TIM
    EII-Fi
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Recently I saw a few times that it's been mentioned that LSEs often are into independent film and this kind of stuff. Is that one of your interests or not really? I don't know if this may be typical for LSEs or not at all...
    EII-Fi
    2w3 sx/so

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

LSEs often are into independent film and this kind of stuff
    Prefer traditional/classical, mainstream arts. Experiments are expected to be generally attractive for P types, and for F types in arts.

TIM
    IEI-Ni, 4-9-5, sx/sp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Go to your local retail store and ask for the store manager or go to a local franchise and ask for the owner, you'll likely find one.
    IEI-Ni, DCNH-H, 4w5-9w1-5w4, sx/sp, Aquarius sun, Leo rising
    "From their lives, and not least from their greatest fault--their inability to communicate--we may understand one of the greatest errors of our civilization, that is, the superstitious belief in verbal statements, the boundless overestimation of instruction by means of words and methods."--C.G. Jung on the introverted irrational types

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Move to Russia <3

Seriously, date online. Unless, it's not that sort of thing where you're from.

I would make friendships and more connections will come your way. LSE are home bodies so grocery shopping and shop at hardware stores. Furniture stores too.

Be ready to try out your extrovert nature by telling them that they are cute and you want to have coffee with them.

Also, be ready to be told that they are married or in a relationship.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 06-15-2016 at 12:21 AM.
    -

TIM
    EII-Fi
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by weirdleftovers View Post
    Go to your local retail store and ask for the store manager or go to a local franchise and ask for the owner, you'll likely find one.
    Are store managers 20 years old or something? Because I don't want to date a guy who could be my father.

Move to Russia <3

Seriously, date online. Unless, it's not that sort of thing where you're from.
    Dating online is quite unnatural and at a push. I may look into it if I'm really desperate, but now I'm only 19 and just want to know what's typical for LSEs so I could easily spot them when I meet them.

I would make friendships and more connections will come your way.
    That's my plan.
    EII-Fi
    2w3 sx/so

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

just want to know what's typical for LSEs so I could easily spot them when I meet them
    As said above, the best way to meet any type are general places. There is no specific place with high percentage of LSE. There may to be clubs interests (S-T), strong functions interests (T, S), values interests (Te-Fi, Ne-Si), but no places with high specific to concrete type.
    Study typing, look at people near and in public places, find interesting people, communicate with them and decide about their type. No difference with what people do in common, except typing during the process. There is no special Socionics alternative.

And as your type may to be not EII, but for example IEI, IEE, etc, you may want more traits of other type. It's the question you really need to find the answer, but not dreamland where LSE live with unicorns and fairies.

TIM
    EII-Fi
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

your type may to be not EII, but for example IEI, IEE
    Lol, why would you imply that?
    EII-Fi
    2w3 sx/so

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Lol, why would you imply that?
    because he hasn't seen you and even if he has he still has this one rigid formula which blocks out the 90% of real EII he comes across despite all evidence for the several EII i've typed including myself, he chooses to ignore it in favor of a few selected ones based on criteria (sits still, very little movement -I in person and camera far away am without much movement, which he hasn't seen) yet chooses to undervalue it.

Another words maybe he doesn't know how to type and goes by someone else's suggestions.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Are store managers 20 years old or something? Because I don't want to date a guy who could be my father.

Dating online is quite unnatural and at a push. I may look into it if I'm really desperate, but now I'm only 19 and just want to know what's typical for LSEs so I could easily spot them when I meet them.

That's my plan.
    I forgot to say that LSE are traditional types The military or military events attract them, like air shows. They enjoy outdoor concerts too. If an LSE likes a sport like running they strive to be the best at it and may go to running events.
    -

TIM
    Ne EII
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@tuathe, hi! Fancy seeing you here, girl!
    Most LSEs I've met were my doctors. Not sure what to do with that piece of information since getting sick to pursue duals seems ill advised. Ha!

Words was SLE the last time I was here, Duking it out with Absurd forever and ever.
    I call myself batyote and I fight crime at night.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It might sound stupid to ask, but since none of my friends (as I believe) is an ESTj, I've started to wonder where can I meet one. I'm really curious what it would be like, so...

Where do you hang out? What are/were you studying? Where do/did you meet new people? What are you like around others, how can I spot you?

Thanks for the answers!

mostly through functional activities

i don't really enjoy parties unless they are only with people i know

the better adjusted lse are probably at some kind of a community event volunteering or spiritual thing
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What kind of games, exactly? I myself enjoy playing, for example, Dragon Age series and games like Undertale, and will soon try out Life Is Strange and Mass Effect. I also liked Limbo, although I haven't finished it.
    i guess you can meet them anywhere but yeah - it depends on what you like to do too

props for life is strange
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I would make friendships and more connections will come your way. LSE are home bodies so grocery shopping and shop at hardware stores. Furniture stores too.

Be ready to try out your extrovert nature by telling them that they are cute and you want to have coffee with them.

Also, be ready to be told that they are married or in a relationship.
    This is actually both good advice and true. Most LSE are in relationships. Especially starting around their early '20's.

However, be aware that most people have a very imperfect idea of what they really need in a relationship at this age. People get married, and about half of them eventually get divorced, usually for reasons of outright incompatibility. Of the ones who do not divorce, probably a large percentage are staying together out of inertia ("This relationship is not good, but it could be worse, I suppose"), fear ("No one else will ever want me"), or a misplaced sense of loyalty ("He/she treats his/her dog/cat better than he treats me, but he's/she's never given me an explicit reason to leave.")

My LII sister (who is on the "caregiver-care-receiver" sexual axis with LSE's, and with whom shares the very mutual Ti-dom-Te-dom natural attraction) was working in a health food store, and an LSE waltzed in with his work buddy and they started dancing to the muzak and she said "He's the one." (She mistook a beer at lunch for Fe) and she started heavy flirting with him.
    Unfortunately, he was married with two kids.
    Fortunately, he didn't like his wife and kids.
    Unfortunately, LSE are traditional and are really slow to move.
    Fortunately, she was persistent and sexually available and super-compatible with him.
    Unfortunately, he left his wife and kids and started living with her, and they discovered some significant differences.
    Fortunately, they got along well enough (see above) and were married and are now living as a Mirage partnership, which has its moments but is not ideal.

Moral of the story: Yes, most of the LSE you meet will probably be married. But, like anyone in a bad marriage that was undertaken when they were too young and stupid, they can be pried away by someone who is closer to their dual. So, be that dual, and be careful out there.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by malna View Post
    @tuathe, hi! Fancy seeing you here, girl!
    Most LSEs I've met were my doctors. Not sure what to do with that piece of information since getting sick to pursue duals seems ill advised. Ha!

Words was SLE the last time I was here, Duking it out with Absurd forever and ever.
    Words is LSE lol
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    This is actually both good advice and true. Most LSE are in relationships. Especially starting around their early '20's.

However, be aware that most people have a very imperfect idea of what they really need in a relationship at this age. People get married, and about half of them eventually get divorced, usually for reasons of outright incompatibility. Of the ones who do not divorce, probably a large percentage are staying together out of inertia ("This relationship is not good, but it could be worse, I suppose"), fear ("No one else will ever want me"), or a misplaced sense of loyalty ("He/she treats his/her dog/cat better than he treats me, but he's/she's never given me an explicit reason to leave.")

My LII sister (who is on the "caregiver-care-receiver" sexual axis with LSE's, and with whom shares the very mutual Ti-dom-Te-dom natural attraction) was working in a health food store, and an LSE waltzed in with his work buddy and they started dancing to the muzak and she said "He's the one." (She mistook a beer at lunch for Fe) and she started heavy flirting with him.
    Unfortunately, he was married with two kids.
    Fortunately, he didn't like his wife and kids.
    Unfortunately, LSE are traditional and are really slow to move.
    Fortunately, she was persistent and sexually available and super-compatible with him.
    Unfortunately, he left his wife and kids and started living with her, and they discovered some significant differences.
    Fortunately, they got along well enough (see above) and were married and are now living as a Mirage partnership, which has its moments but is not ideal.

Moral of the story: Yes, most of the LSE you meet will probably be married. But, like anyone in a bad marriage that was undertaken when they were too young and stupid, they can be pried away by someone who is closer to their dual. So, be that dual, and be careful out there.
    Thank you
    -

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

holy shit guys

that adam is basically advocating breaking up marriages or cruising for married folks or that maritsa just takes that response as a n opportunity to say thank you - idk which is more disturbing.

anyway - be careful about what advice you get from people obviously.

Please, please, please have faith - EIIs or other people 'looking for LSEs', that they are not all married or in relationships going nowhere, so your best bet is to approach them and try to just be 'available' or 'appealing' - as if that's supposed to be an appealing tactic for an EII anyway.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is a bit of a dilemma about meeting people in "unstable" or un-used-to social situations, because it can screw with Fe role and a sense of what is appropriate protocol in a situation, so it can lead to an over sense of formality. So situations where it is acceptable to 'fraternize' without making the subject feel uncomfortable seems to be what works best.

I've struck up many conversations with people online or in person, but it's more a matter how comfortable I feel and how confident I am about knowing i'm not bothering someone in a Fi sense - I think the easiest way for that in terms of a Fi seeking person is just give them a sense that you are available or receptive or that it s "ok for them to talk to you" etc.

Many EIIs talk about the loads of softballs or easy opportunities or hints that they've dropped in this way - and that helps, sometimes delta STs or Te types are too dense to get it, especially if they aren't confident about what they want out of a relationship or themselves. That's really what it comes down to.

Asking for help or advice is kind of a real easy way to engage dialogue, for sure

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    holy shit guys

that adam is basically advocating breaking up marriages or cruising for married folks or that maritsa just takes that response as a n opportunity to say thank you - idk which is more disturbing.

anyway - be careful about what advice you get from people obviously.

Please, please, please have faith - EIIs or other people 'looking for LSEs', that they are not all married or in relationships going nowhere, so your best bet is to approach them and try to just be 'available' or 'appealing' - as if that's supposed to be an appealing tactic for an EII anyway.
    He's not advocating anything. He's sharing a story
    -

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's the cheese in the trap to catch LSEs ?

In my experience the most difficult task isn't to find LSEs but to get their attention.
    The gardener is but a dream of the garden.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post

In my experience the most difficult task isn't to find LSEs but to get their attention.
    I'll tell you how you trap an LSE
    Don't be honestly yourself. Always smile at them and never ever say anything that shows your honesty especially if the honesty is showing them their bad side or their side which they can help to learn from because it makes them feel uncomfortable to be challenged, it challenges their authority and self image. Never say bad things to them and always show them love and positivity. But if you are honest and brave you will stand up for what you see to be honest and truthful and you will say what you see because it's the ethical thing to do.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 07-18-2016 at 06:53 AM.
    -

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    We like kind and smart women.

Short details. They should express personal liking and to follow ethical rules (Fi), understand the things in the world complexly (Ne), to like effective ways to do something (Te), to respect comfort (Si) and be predictable (J). They should not be hysterical drama ones (Fe) or do "bad" things, not aggressive (Se), not reasoning too much (Ti), not kicking us to do something in time (Ni).

If you are near and pretty - you'll get it. It's easy with S-E types. Sometimes you may don't notice this.

TIM
    Ne EII
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Short details. They should express personal liking and to follow ethical rules (Fi), understand the things in the world complexly (Ne), to like effective ways to do something (Te), to respect comfort (Si) and be predictable (J). They should not be hysterical drama ones (Fe) or do "bad" things, not aggressive (Se), not reasoning too much (Ti), not kicking us to do something in time (Ni).
    This is bs on such fundamental level I don't even know how to tackle this. While I believe it may prove statistically accurate, it is just a collection of very superficial manifestations of information metabolism at work, which the said IM can in reality give completely different outcomes providing background of past experiences, current circumstances and so on. An EII can become aggressive and may do it in such way that they will get support from their dual. At times, an EII may press others to do something on time and it may be in a way that won't bother the said dual or that they won't even notice. On the other hand, an IEI may appreciate comfort and show it in a way that won't do them any favors as far as an LSE is regarded.
    It is a unique sequence of processing data - and how it interlocks with the respective sequence of processing on a dual's part - that does the trick, not this costume or make up you speak of.
    Also, Fi in base function is not about following ethical rules at all. It is (among other things) about deep understanding of various aspects of moral questions. What one does with this insight is another matter entirely. Although yes, EIIs tend to favor doing what we deem right (don't most people?)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol
    If you are near and pretty - you'll get it. It's easy with S-E types. Sometimes you may don't notice this.

This is probably true. *gives Sol a cookie*

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

This is bs on such fundamental level I don't even know how to tackle this. While I believe it may prove statistically accurate, it is just a collection of very superficial manifestations of information metabolism at work, which the said IM can in reality give completely different outcomes providing background of past experiences, current circumstances and so on. An EII can become aggressive and may do it in such way that they will get support from their dual. At times, an EII may press others to do something on time and it may be in a way that won't bother the said dual or that they won't even notice. On the other hand, an IEI may appreciate comfort and show it in a way that won't do them any favors as far as an LSE is regarded.
    It is a unique sequence of processing data - and how it interlocks with the respective sequence of processing on a dual's part - that does the trick, not this costume or make up you speak of.
    Also, Fi in base function is not about following ethical rules at all. It is (among other things) about deep understanding of various aspects of moral questions. What one does with this insight is another matter entirely. Although yes, EIIs tend to favor doing what we deem right (don't most people?)

This is probably true. *gives Sol a cookie*
    Morals and ethics are symantic He's accurate

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post @FeloniousFunk would you kindly grab the definition of Fi and Fe and do me the honor of watching my video on YouTube "Maritsa for Socionics" and asses which is my primary function of use? I would be honored if you took the time since you are a newbie and don't know me.
    Maritsa,

Fi is your primary function of use. Your comments about disliking a person's rude behavior toward the handicapped and elderly on the train exhibits an understanding of the social hierarchy; your dislike or disgust toward people who defy the social hierarchy exhibits your understanding of the quality, nature and proper maintenance of personal relations. When you acknowledge your love of the kindness, generosity and giving spirit of human beings, you show that you aspire to humanism and kindness as well as address your attitudes of like or dislike toward the same.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

We like kind and smart women.

You're very right on Ni sol.

I never care about something being done on time and I don't pressure other to do live their life like a slave to time. I see life more any time and relaxed. I do put things on a calendar though and if it gets done fine if not fine.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 07-18-2016 at 09:39 PM.
    -

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

This is bs on such fundamental level
    What I've said fits to core Socionics theory and my experience. If you disagree, then bs is your understanding of the typology and I suspect your opinion about own type.
    I recommend you to make typing thread with video. Correct knowledge of own type will help you to understand the typology more adequately.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

What I've said fits to core Socionics theory and my experience. If you disagree, then bs is your understanding of the typology and I suspect your opinion about own type.
    I recommend you to make typing thread with video. Correct knowledge of own type will help you to understand the typology more adequately.
    Please explain to Malna what happened when someone gets aggressive with an LSE

Lol
    -

TIM
    Ne EII
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I may have come across a little harsh but if you looked closely, I was trying to make a point there and I'm rather sure I succeeded. It was my abstract Ne (-Ne) hinting at which point something went askew so that the whole thing does not depend on sense. Feel free to ignore it, It at least gives chance for wandering rookies here to get another perspective.

I recommend you to make typing thread with video.
    Thank you. While it is generally a good recommendation I don't feel comfortable with the idea so I won't do it. Also, I'm confident that I know my sociotype full well, and whereas you might disagree, as is your right, because of that confidence I understandably have no desire to take actions towards revealing my sociotype.
    Do you have a subtype, @Sol?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast