Thread: Up in teh gym just workin' on my fitness

Hybrid View

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Up in teh gym just workin' on my fitness...

EXTRAVAGANZA

It's excellent. Good investment. I recommend, especially for those INFp's out there looking.
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

[21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol. I was half expecting some advert spam.
    INTP/ILI(Ni) /5w4

"When my time comes, forget the wrong that I've done.
    Help me leave behind some reasons to be missed."

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's actually from this...

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=B2R1RC8c_8Q[/youtube]
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

looking for what?

Kelly, I love you but the word "teh" makes me want to throw things.

My take on gym memberships... great idea, but there are a few problems, at least from my perspective.

1.) Ew. Sweat and athlete's foot and whatnot. Unsanitary equipment, lockers, locker room floors, etc.

2.) I shouldn't fool myself into thinking that I'll actually use any form of exercise that requires leaving my house, at least more than a few times.

3.) wtf with the commitment? Recently I looked into a female only gym that's literally less than half a block away from my house, but they wanted me to sign a two year agreement. Fuck that shit.

4.) I refuse to workout in that type of environment. The existence of men irritates me far too much.

5.) Unless you're all about using a great variety of equipment, buying a piece of equipment for your home may cost less than going to a gym, depending on how long your membership would last, the cost per month, and they cost of the equipment of course.

Anyways... don't mind my bitching. It's cool that you joined the health club.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 year agreement? What the...

I'm really motivated to start the gym again. But yes, the overwhelming smell of body odor once you walk in the lockerooms is nauseating to say the least. Just a tip, if ya got athletes foot/unbelievable smelling feet, please, for the love of god, don't walk around without shoes.

...k, i just made myself repulsed at the thought of going back. If women lockers were as bad as what i encountered, i couldn't imagine the mens.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ahhh, c'mon, it's the smell of health!
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, in response to everyone really, but mainly Joy...

Looking for Se is what I mean't, half joke, but the place is filled with Se and pheramones and it gets me pumped in some odd way.

About gym commitments:

The gym I signed up for is right next to were I work, like, 5 stores down? They have a 4-week comfort agreement, which I think involves only some refunds. There is a 3 day full-refund option. They payments are monthly, although if you want to quick you need to give notice and you get go into the gym up to 90 days after quitting. You must return the card they give or else they will assume you are still coming in and charge you $15 I believe. So...only monthly commitments

About the gym conditions:

I first went in and got the tour. Big floor layout, all open. Side room for various classes, and a cycling room. Floors are constantly maintained during the day (as I witnessed today with the compulsive vaccuming and such) out on the main floor. There is a rule you must wear shoes, and you must bring a work-out towel with you to every peice of equipment. Whether to wipe it off or put it down so you just don't sweat on it at all.

So then you go towards the back through the locker rooms. The womens locker room is VERY spacious and smells like cocoanuts =D Well decorated, verrrry clean. I'd still wear sandles anyway. I havn't seen anything on the floor at all. Lots of mirrors, lots of space around the lockers. Seperate sections: Mirror and sinks. Toilets. Dressing rooms. Showers. The showers have special mats and they provide universal soap (for head and body) although I still bring my own. Smells better

Step out the back door of the locker room, pass a few doors down a hall way and you get to the pool. Classic pool area, smells of chlorine. Steam room that has steam scented with eucalyptus. And sauna that is not scented with anything, lol. Smell of wood in there actually, from the benches. Pretty nice hot tub, although that was a bit grimy today. I let them know so that they wouldn't have to hear it from more bitchy members.

I havn't smelled any body oder in the place at all, amazing I suppose.

And the men leave me alone for the most part, they are too focused on pumpin' that iron. And the fit-workout-all-the-time women seem pretty cold and distant. Then there are the old people, they just catch you noticing them and look all embarassed.

So it all just works out great for me, pardon the pun.

Blame Peter :wink:
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clover

Yeah, I thought it reasonable to assume that such is the case. I've already bitched at him about it. Maybe more bitching is in order.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe more getting over it is in order
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    Quote Originally Posted by Clover

Yeah, I thought it reasonable to assume that such is the case. I've already bitched at him about it. Maybe more bitching is in order.

It was actually a real typo I just didn't change it because I used to say and type teh all the time so i thought "w/e"
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GillySaysGoodbye
    Maybe more getting over it is in order
    I'll bitch as much as I want to bitch.

SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

clover, if you would replace your first post with your third this thread would not suck as much as it does now, and if you added more personal reflections it would not be as boring.

Do what I'm saying, understand the essence of what you then have accomplished.
    Then keep doing that.

you only wing it like this if you have previous control.

I beg pardon for this non-topic post, but if something sinks in to clover I think it will help in her(?) personal development.

Personally I prefer working out outdoors. It is the nature and the air, makes me feel good.

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is my gym for the summer - it's actually pretty cool. Clean, lots of classes, huge, lots of equipment, 24-hours, and awesome staff. I don't really have any puritan objections to working out in a gym, really. I go, I work out, I schmooze a little, I leave. Fun.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My personal development? What is sinking in?

I agree that my third post is by far more interesting.

But my motivation for making this thread was a whim, after being in the gym and noticing all the Se types. It was mean't to be light-hearted and "whateverlolol". If that makes sense...

Previous control of...?

Personal reflections...hummm...

My muscles feel good.
    The tidy gym and well organized programs, as well as helpful staff make me feel lucky. Apparently some gyms are disgusting.
    The Se people spew out seems to be motivating me more when I'm there.
    Or is it something else?

Reason why I don't always add personal reflection, I assume it bores people.

Oh, and I also greatly enjoy outdoor excersise. All kinds. Gyms are handy though.
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so