TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Learning about lesser valued functions from your adjacent qu

adra

Have you experienced this? I think I tried to think about what I could appreciate about other functions on my own, but I found it more enriching when I was able to understand and experience why other types, which it makes sense would be from the adjacent quadras, might need that information. (You would feel both affinity and dissonance with their values/goals/needs).

Two examples:

An INFj at work would ask me for various business data, and I wouldn’t know. I would feel bad that I couldn’t provide it to her, as I like her and know that she needs it. I had halted her process of creating something useful, even if it is not my process. This helped me to see the Te seeking process as one that could be constructive for someone, rather than for someone in an opposing quadra who I might think just wanted to know for reasons that I didn’t relate to (looking powerful, etc).

An ISTj scolded me for not being on time. Because I was her friend and knew that she valued me, I saw that she was not merely judging me but that it was something that she took as hurtful thinking that I didn’t care about her enough to be on time.

Ok, storytime’s over.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well yeah but... I think there needs to be toleration from both sides.

TIM
    SEE-Se
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

qu ftw
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/