• No

6 42.86%

Thread: ES-ps & the Appearance of Age

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ES-ps & the Appearance of Age

Please answer this poll according to your own observations/experiences with ESxps.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I picked yes and no. Because I have ESxp friend who looks younger than their age, some older, and some just look their age.
    INTp
    sx/sp

Originally from black hole, currently residing in Jupiter
    TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I first met my ESFp bf and he told me he was 24 I called him a liar. And didn't believe him till I met his friends who look much older than he is.

Later when I told my friend with whom we are not really close that I got a bf who is 24 years old. My friend went like "are you nuts? he is 24 and you are what? like 15?". And this wasn't a joke. So from my experience yes they do look younger.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no.

it is the ENFJ that is famous for it's youth look

TIM
    NeFi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    no.

it is the ENFJ that is famous for it's youth look
    I don't think it's really type related, something would tell me it'd be an EP thing if it was. I'm going to be carded for the rest of my life because I look really young, if you haven't talked to me, you wouldn't believe my age. It's only after you talk to me that I seem older. But whenever I am in the company of even slightly older company (later 20s/early 30s) they view me as very young and child-like even if I can hold my own in their conversations.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think so. Generally intuitives tend to look younger than their age. I think this was even clearly outlined in some russian articles.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sarinana View Post
    When I first met my ESFp bf and he told me he was 24 I called him a liar. And didn't believe him till I met his friends who look much older than he is.

Later when I told my friend with whom we are not really close that I got a bf who is 24 years old. My friend went like "are you nuts? he is 24 and you are what? like 15?". And this wasn't a joke. So from my experience yes they do look younger.
    I know 3 ESFp who went out with guys that is around 22ish and they being around 15 or 16. At one point, There is one that gave a lot of hints to me to ask her out, and I was around 18 she she being like 14. Most of the time this type just don't hesitate to make a move in interpersoanl relationship.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

Creepy-Diana

They often live life-styles that will make them look lot older, if they don't to begin with.
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    They often live life-styles that will make them look lot older, if they don't to begin with.
    Yes
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana View Post
    Interesting. One INFj description I read says that INFjs tend to look older than their age. I think it was the Stratievskaya one. So, sources vary on that, but I personally don't think it's so type-related.
    I look younger than my age. She might have meant being mature for one's age. That I get quite often.

Anyhow, VI is unreliable.
    Ceci n'est pas une eii.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana View Post
    Interesting. One INFj description I read says that INFjs tend to look older than their age. I think it was the Stratievskaya one. So, sources vary on that, but I personally don't think it's so type-related.
    She probably meant in behavior. Intuitives looking younger is generally a rather consistent feature in socionics, of course if you believe in VI. It's probably often something to do with them being less likely in engage in straining physical activity, on average.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    She probably meant in behavior. Intuitives looking younger is generally a rather consistent feature in socionics, of course if you believe in VI. It's probably often something to do with them being less likely in engage in straining physical activity, on average.
    Demeanor may also have a role to play. I know that alpha NTs typically have a youthful appearance and this may actually be due to expression. gives me the same impression. seems to do dreamy and wistful, which could come off either way really.
    LII?