Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Is Machintruc INTj-XXXx?

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    TIM
    TiNe
    Posts
    7,967
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Is Machintruc INTj-XXXx?

    Just to invoke the romanticism.

    Now I'm not saying he's pathological; just that maybe he sees a sort of political element in everything. Certainly one can draw comparisons between his faith and George W. Bush's, who is an ESTp-ESFp by my reckoning.

    What I mean specifically is... Machintruc could be an INTj-ESFp like Thomas Jefferson.

  2. #2
    machintruc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    3,252
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Is Machintruc INTj-XXXx?

    Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg
    Just to invoke the romanticism.

    Now I'm not saying he's pathological; just that maybe he sees a sort of political element in everything. Certainly one can draw comparisons between his faith and George W. Bush's, who is an ESTp-ESFp by my reckoning.

    What I mean specifically is... Machintruc could be an INTj-ESFp like Thomas Jefferson.
    We are all XXXx's. Mitin said we have 62% of each preference and 38% of each non-preference.

    So yes, I'm some sort of INTJ-ESFP, because I'm 62% I, 38% E, 62% N, 38% S, and so on.

    Subtypes don't exist. You can't have strengthened functions/elements. Strongest is function 1, Weakest is 4, functions 2 and 3 are equally strong.

    Or either subtypes are not really subtypes, but physiological variants, like a replacement of enneagram.

  3. #3
    Ti centric krieger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    5,983
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I could see the exertion Se... If a person of my type constructs thoughts of the format ti(ne(X)), or "I know from subjective considerations (Ti) that X exists as a possibility (Ne)" then the corresponding thought format of a IxTj-ESxp would be "I know from subjective considerations that X exists as a reality". We see this kind of thinking reflected in his posting style.

    The whole "subtypes do not exist" way of speaking, citing no argumentation or justification of any kind has always seemed unusual to me. Why not write "I am convinced that subtypes do not exist"?.

  4. #4
    machintruc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    3,252
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by labcoat
    The whole "subtypes do not exist" way of speaking, citing no argumentation or justification of any kind has always seemed unusual to me. Why not write "I am convinced that subtypes do not exist"?.
    Because I'm not 100% sure. Classical socionists say that subtypes don't exist, and I agree with them.

    Tcaud's IE is actually a step forward from Gulenko's 8-subtype system, with 16 subtypes.

    For example, there are SEI's which resembles EII's, ILE's which resembles LII's, etc. Unexperienced socionists would see that contradictions as "subtypes". Mitin said that contradiction was normal and always of 38%. For example, an Introtim is always 62% Introtim and 38% Extrotim.

  5. #5
    Don't forget the the thehotelambush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    6,625
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by machintruc
    Quote Originally Posted by labcoat
    The whole "subtypes do not exist" way of speaking, citing no argumentation or justification of any kind has always seemed unusual to me. Why not write "I am convinced that subtypes do not exist"?.
    Because I'm not 100% sure. Classical socionists say that subtypes don't exist, and I agree with them.

    Tcaud's IE is actually a step forward from Gulenko's 8-subtype system, with 16 subtypes.

    For example, there are SEI's which resembles EII's, ILE's which resembles LII's, etc. Unexperienced socionists would see that contradictions as "subtypes". Mitin said that contradiction was normal and always of 38%. For example, an Introtim is always 62% Introtim and 38% Extrotim.
    That does not explain intratype variation at all. Subtypes do.

  6. #6
    machintruc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    3,252
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush
    Quote Originally Posted by machintruc
    Quote Originally Posted by labcoat
    The whole "subtypes do not exist" way of speaking, citing no argumentation or justification of any kind has always seemed unusual to me. Why not write "I am convinced that subtypes do not exist"?.
    Because I'm not 100% sure. Classical socionists say that subtypes don't exist, and I agree with them.

    Tcaud's IE is actually a step forward from Gulenko's 8-subtype system, with 16 subtypes.

    For example, there are SEI's which resembles EII's, ILE's which resembles LII's, etc. Unexperienced socionists would see that contradictions as "subtypes". Mitin said that contradiction was normal and always of 38%. For example, an Introtim is always 62% Introtim and 38% Extrotim.
    That does not explain intratype variation at all. Subtypes do.
    Intratype variations are not a socionic thing.

  7. #7
    Don't forget the the thehotelambush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    6,625
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by machintruc
    Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush
    Quote Originally Posted by machintruc
    Quote Originally Posted by labcoat
    The whole "subtypes do not exist" way of speaking, citing no argumentation or justification of any kind has always seemed unusual to me. Why not write "I am convinced that subtypes do not exist"?.
    Because I'm not 100% sure. Classical socionists say that subtypes don't exist, and I agree with them.

    Tcaud's IE is actually a step forward from Gulenko's 8-subtype system, with 16 subtypes.

    For example, there are SEI's which resembles EII's, ILE's which resembles LII's, etc. Unexperienced socionists would see that contradictions as "subtypes". Mitin said that contradiction was normal and always of 38%. For example, an Introtim is always 62% Introtim and 38% Extrotim.
    That does not explain intratype variation at all. Subtypes do.
    Intratype variations are not a socionic thing.
    They exist. Therefore they are a part of reality. Therefore socionics ("the science of reality aspects") is applicable to them.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    TIM
    TiNe
    Posts
    7,967
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    That's not what I meant. I meant, exertion.

    I should note that I originally became aware of dual-types (we called them "crosstypes" at the time) because people would take the similarminds test at my suggestion -- and after scoring near the middle on one or more functions would argue that the two poles could not or should not be considered seperately.

    Quote Originally Posted by Carla
    Quote Originally Posted by machintruc
    Mitin said that contradiction was normal and always of 38%. For example, an Introtim is always 62% Introtim and 38%Extrotim.
    Why? (Where do these numbers come from and why are they fixed for everybody?)
    Well Mitin is dead wrong. He should have talked to the people I talked to.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    TIM
    TiNe
    Posts
    7,967
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Before you say anything else about my theory...

    http://the16types.info/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11517

  10. #10
    machintruc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    3,252
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg
    That's not what I meant. I meant, exertion.

    I should note that I originally became aware of dual-types (we called them "crosstypes" at the time) because people would take the similarminds test at my suggestion -- and after scoring near the middle on one or more functions would argue that the two poles could not or should not be considered seperately.

    Quote Originally Posted by Carla
    Quote Originally Posted by machintruc
    Mitin said that contradiction was normal and always of 38%. For example, an Introtim is always 62% Introtim and 38%Extrotim.
    Why? (Where do these numbers come from and why are they fixed for everybody?)
    Well Mitin is dead wrong. He should have talked to the people I talked to.
    Do you know the golden proportion ? The golden number is something like .618

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    TIM
    TiNe
    Posts
    7,967
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by machintruc
    Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg
    That's not what I meant. I meant, exertion.

    I should note that I originally became aware of dual-types (we called them "crosstypes" at the time) because people would take the similarminds test at my suggestion -- and after scoring near the middle on one or more functions would argue that the two poles could not or should not be considered seperately.

    Quote Originally Posted by Carla
    Quote Originally Posted by machintruc
    Mitin said that contradiction was normal and always of 38%. For example, an Introtim is always 62% Introtim and 38%Extrotim.
    Why? (Where do these numbers come from and why are they fixed for everybody?)
    Well Mitin is dead wrong. He should have talked to the people I talked to.
    Do you know the golden proportion ? The golden number is something like .618
    I didn't say the ratio was wrong between extroverted and introverted. I said your usage of it was wrong in trying to describe my theory.

    How idid he come by that proportion?

  12. #12
    Jarno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    TIM
    ILI-Te
    Posts
    5,375
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Mitin said that contradiction was normal and always of 38%. For example, an Introtim is always 62% Introtim and 38% Extrotim.
    hmm, i've seen extreem introverts, and normal introverts. Ofcourse my observations are about their behaviour not their state of mind, but nonetheless, i'm not willing to believe the above statement without some extra proof.

    as I now read more posts about the golden proportion, if that is the proof, then i'm absolutely against it. It has no connection with reality. It's like saying, there are 62% brunettes 38% blonds, because of some mathmatical number...

    to get on topic, I would say machintruc is probably an INTJ. Based on the other models and based on his posts.

  13. #13
    machintruc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    3,252
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarno
    Mitin said that contradiction was normal and always of 38%. For example, an Introtim is always 62% Introtim and 38% Extrotim.
    hmm, i've seen extreem introverts, and normal introverts. Ofcourse my observations are about their behaviour not their state of mind, but nonetheless, i'm not willing to believe the above statement without some extra proof.

    as I now read more posts about the golden proportion, if that is the proof, then i'm absolutely against it. It has no connection with reality. It's like saying, there are 62% brunettes 38% blonds, because of some mathmatical number...

    to get on topic, I would say machintruc is probably an INTJ. Based on the other models and based on his posts.
    I researched about this ; it's an illusion. Let's give some examples. Extrotims are not more or less extrotims each other. It's an element-related thing.

    1. I once typed Hitler as INFJ (Myersian), because he seemed very "egocentric", "lonely", and "personal". Actually, this is related to his dominant aspect of introversion, . For now I diagnose Hitler as EIE.

    2. I once diagnosed Sarkozy, which is now my president ; he could be mispercieved extrovert, because although he's cold and unsociable, he's a VERY assertive guy. His dominant aspect of extroversion is , because he's LSI.

    3. I know a girl which is ILE. I mistyped her ILI and LII because she seemed "passive". ILE's dominant aspect of extroversion is , which isn't that related to the mainstream definition of "extroversion".

    4. I know a girl which is a pretty sociable and outgoing SEI ; her dominant aspect of extroversion is , which IS related to the mainstream definition of "extroversion". One who doesn't know socionics would type her ESFP.

    5. I know a girl which is SLI. She would be myersian ISTJ because she's somewhat "sequential", "perfectionistic" ; her dominant aspect of judgement is .

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    TIM
    TiNe
    Posts
    7,967
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    3. I know a girl which is ILE. I mistyped her ILI and LII because she seemed "passive". ILE's dominant aspect of extroversion is , which isn't that related to the mainstream definition of "extroversion".
    Right but why did she seem passive?

  15. #15
    machintruc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    3,252
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg
    3. I know a girl which is ILE. I mistyped her ILI and LII because she seemed "passive". ILE's dominant aspect of extroversion is , which isn't that related to the mainstream definition of "extroversion".
    Right but why did she seem passive?
    Because of focusing on

  16. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    TIM
    TiNe
    Posts
    7,967
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by machintruc
    Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg
    3. I know a girl which is ILE. I mistyped her ILI and LII because she seemed "passive". ILE's dominant aspect of extroversion is , which isn't that related to the mainstream definition of "extroversion".
    Right but why did she seem passive?
    Because of focusing on
    That explains nothing. Would you call either discojoe or Gilligan passive, let alone introverted?

  17. #17
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The Ne subtypes can definitely seem passive. I know an Ne-ILE who refused to go into his room for his keys to drive to dinner in the MIDDLE OF THE DAY because his roommate had locked the door and was having sex with his girlfriend inside.

    I pounded on the door and yelled at his roommate when he opened the door
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •