Thread: INTp/ENTj function signs Ni+Te-

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default INTp/ENTj function signs Ni+Te-

This is a preliminary sketch of my observations with the introspection of my own thought processes.

Ni+Te-

[list]Attributes:
    1. 1. Lack of focus
      2. Strong implicit memory
      3. Perfectionism in terms of:
      [list:c8f1c20deb]a. Artistic value
      b. Optimization
    4. Flooding of thoughts
    5. Absent-mindedness
    6. Reaction-oriented
    7. Lack of forced motivation[/list:u:c8f1c20deb][/list:c8f1c20deb]
    • Observations:
      [list:c8f1c20deb]1. If I come to a mental block, I lose focus.
      1.1. A mental block includes:
      [list:c8f1c20deb]a. Coming to the end of an idea with no transition
      b. Running into a problem
      c. Thinking of possibilities
    1.2. Mental blocks occur quite often, resulting in a heavy lack of focus.
    1.2.1. This occurrence is based on observations when the subject was free from any kind of social influence, such as influence of another psychological type.
    2. Losing focus results in a sharp increase in the awareness of my environment.
    2.1. This awareness usually is a short, mild neurosis.
    2.1.1. The neurosis may involve:
    • a. The retracing and/or reshaping of written letters or drawn shapes (see Figure 1)
      b. Obsession with aesthetically-pleasing perfectionism
      c. Increased sensitivity to potentially negative sensations
      d. Increased sensitivity to random itching or irritation, which may result in provoking one certain area for long periods of time
      e. Obsession with "picking at things"
      f. Destruction of objects, such as repetitive "picking" or breaking things for no reason
      g. In extreme cases, the subject may perform autistic-like behaviors such as endlessly repeating something
    2.2 Being bored or impatient also causes this neurosis.
    3. Losing focus means losing perspective.
    3.1. When I lose focus, I lose my train of thought.
    3.2. If I am trying to focus, I rescan over what I have just processed, which may mean:
    • a. Rereading the last paragraph more carefully
      b. Going over the facts of my idea again (this may occur many times)
    3.2.1. If I cannot focus on rescanning, I drop the entire idea.
    3.2.1.1. Doing this results from too high levels of cognitive dissonance.
    3.2.1.2. This results in a relaxation and increased awareness of the environment without the accompanying neurosis.
    4. When in physical activity, relaxation occurs much more frequently than when not in physical activity.
    4.1. There is little concentration on anything, thus cognitive dissonance in almost nonexistant.
    4.2. New ideas are much more frequent.
    4.3. This "free thought" is not the same as "losing focus".[/list:u:c8f1c20deb][/list:u:c8f1c20deb]
    • Conclusions:
      [list:c8f1c20deb]1. When a main idea is present, if a mental block sets in, a temporary lapse in thinking results with a mild sensory neurosis, no relaxation. The neurosis will not quit until focus is regained. If focus is not regained, the main idea is released and relaxation ensues until a new main idea replaces the old one.
      2. The holding of cognitive dissonance causes a neurosis. The release of cognitive dissonance cause relaxation.
      3. Ni+ is primarily a mental process characterized by cycles of introspective thought and environmental awareness.
    [/list:u:c8f1c20deb]
    • Theories:
      [list:c8f1c20deb]1. The neurosis phase is Si. The relaxation phase is Se.
    [/list:u:c8f1c20deb]
    My only request is that you restrict all criticisms to the Theory section. The rest of the lists will only serve to confuse you if you try to criticize them.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, do you guys think I'm a total idiot or what?
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cone
    So, do you guys think I'm a total idiot or what?
    Yes, yes I do.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, Rocky.

[are you only talking about perceviers in general?]
    No, I am talking only about myself. I told you not to criticize anything up there...

6. Reaction-oriented [huh?]
    I'll get there. There is a second half to this analysis that I still have to write up.

2. Strong implicit memory [Actually, memory has more to do with introversion in general. All four types of memory are found posterior to the central sulcus where introversion is found.]
    But I am talking about implicit memory.

1. Lack of focus [This has more to do with irrationals; xIE types are focused]
    Yes, my fault. What I actually meant by Ni+ was Ni+Te-. I'll change that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cone, there is some good thinking there.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks. The only problem is that I can only get this kind of information from myself. I have no idea on how to test Ne+Ti- or Fi-Se+ in someone else.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

asdf
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Ni+

This is a preliminary sketch of my observations with the introspection of my own thought processes.

Ni+Te-

[list]Attributes:
    1. 1. Lack of focus
      2. Strong implicit memory
      [list:097936c661]a. Artistic value
      b. Optimization
    4. Flooding of thoughts
    5. Absent-mindedness
    6. Reaction-oriented
    7. Lack of forced motivation[/list:u:097936c661][/list:097936c661]
    • Observations:
      [list:097936c661]1. If I come to a mental block, I lose focus.
      1.1. A mental block includes:
      [list:097936c661]a. Coming to the end of an idea with no transition
      b. Running into a problem
      c. Thinking of possibilities
    1.2. Mental blocks occur quite often, resulting in a heavy lack of focus.
    1.2.1. This occurrence is based on observations when the subject was free from any kind of social influence, such as influence of another psychological type.
    2. Losing focus results in a sharp increase in the awareness of my environment.
    2.1. This awareness usually is a short, mild neurosis.
    2.1.1. The neurosis may involve:
    • a. The retracing and/or reshaping of written letters or drawn shapes (see Figure 1)
      b. Obsession with aesthetically-pleasing perfectionism
      c. Increased sensitivity to potentially negative sensations
      d. Increased sensitivity to random itching or irritation, which may result in provoking one certain area for long periods of time
      e. Obsession with "picking at things"
      f. Destruction of objects, such as repetitive "picking" or breaking things for no reason
      g. In extreme cases, the subject may perform autistic-like behaviors such as endlessly repeating something
    2.2 Being bored or impatient also causes this neurosis.
    3. Losing focus means losing perspective.
    3.1. When I lose focus, I lose my train of thought.
    3.2. If I am trying to focus, I rescan over what I have just processed, which may mean:
    • a. Rereading the last paragraph more carefully
      b. Going over the facts of my idea again (this may occur many times)
    3.2.1. If I cannot focus on rescanning, I drop the entire idea.
    3.2.1.1. Doing this results from too high levels of cognitive dissonance.
    3.2.1.2. This results in a relaxation and increased awareness of the environment without the accompanying neurosis.
    4. When in physical activity, relaxation occurs much more frequently than when not in physical activity.
    4.1. There is little concentration on anything, thus cognitive dissonance in almost nonexistant.
    4.2. New ideas are much more frequent.
    4.3. This "free thought" is not the same as "losing focus".[/list:u:097936c661][/list:u:097936c661]
    • Conclusions:
      [list:097936c661]1. When a main idea is present, if a mental block sets in, a temporary lapse in thinking results with a mild sensory neurosis, no relaxation. The neurosis will not quit until focus is regained. If focus is not regained, the main idea is released and relaxation ensues until a new main idea replaces the old one.
      2. The holding of cognitive dissonance causes a neurosis. The release of cognitive dissonance cause relaxation.
      3. Ni+ is primarily a mental process characterized by cycles of introspective thought and environmental awareness.
    [/list:u:097936c661]
    • Theories:
      [list:097936c661]1. The neurosis phase is Si. The relaxation phase is Se.
    [/list:u:097936c661]
    My only request is that you restrict all criticisms to the Theory section. The rest of the lists will only serve to confuse you if you try to criticize them.

Cone, I really like what you have done here. The only problem is that I see more similarities between Ni+ and Ne+ than I do differences. Frustrating.....I'll try to get back to you on this one.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Ni+

You perfectry described ENTp logical subtype. Come and read ENTp profile once more.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a. Artistic value
    b. Optimization
    a and b are one of the strongests points of ENTp. None of INTp`s would talk about art. They cant optimize also. I spend live optymizing work of INTp`s , ENTj`s and ESTj`s and I`m ENTp logical subtype.

4. Flooding of thoughts

5. Absent-mindedness

Check out profile of ENTp.

f.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The ENTp profile may fit me well to a point, but I am NOT ENTp. Too much of what people here post about ENTps does not click with me at all.

Besides, I kind of came to the same realization as Jb above, that Ni+ and Ne+ may be very, very related, if not the same function.

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The ENTp profile may fit me well to a point, but I am NOT ENTp. Too much of what people here post about ENTps does not click with me at all.

Besides, I kind of came to the same realization as Jb above, that Ni+ and Ne+ may be very, very related, if not the same function.
    That's the thing I wanted to get back to you on, I just have lost all motivation over the last couple of days, it's your post--that's what it is, damn Cone!

I do think that Ni and Ne have their similarities, but Ni seems to be more past tense and Ne more in the present (hence extroversion and introversion, duh). One difference between ENTp’s and INTp’s is that in the face of a possibility, INTp’s seem to be more pessimistic, while ENTp’s will be overly optimistic.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cone, I relate to you a lot... not because of the way I am now, but because of the way I was when I was depressed.

Now, totally unrelated, I suggest learning about the functions of the temporal lobes, seratonin and norepinephrine, and MOST IMPORTANTLY, The Breakout Principle, which describes in scientific terms exactly what is happening in your brain when you hit a block and then let go of it and find yourself in a state of healthy heightened realization. It's all about the neurotransmitters... norepinephrine mainly.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could you provide a photo? Eyes only. Please

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ps. all Ne types tends to have problem with self-id.