Thread: Socionics has been used in a patent

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Socionics has been used in a patent

Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just looked over it... it's almost certainly a bogus system.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree, and to think that people have spent so much time and effort to put together all that giberish and even have the audacity to claim a patent on it....
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there are literally millions of worthless patents. the fact that one incredibly obscure and useless one happens to reference socionics means absolutely nothing whatsoever.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting, even if pointless.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

socionics is also a name for computers in a network that can do things. (i'm not really informed into detail)

a first glance at the patent made me think it's about computers in a network?

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno
    socionics is also a name for computers in a network that can do things. (i'm not really informed into detail)

From what I can tell it's a psychopathology identification system.

Which is why it's bunk. There is nowhere near enough research to even approach an effective diagnostic. Psychopathology is not at this point understood very well at all, making this patent quite inaccurate and useless.

...Which is interesting. Do they plan to actually do something with this... or is this another "copyright the use of video in games" gold-digger patent?

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarno

From what I can tell it's a psychopathology identification system.

Which is why it's bunk. There is nowhere near enough research to even approach an effective diagnostic. Psychopathology is not at this point understood very well at all, making this patent quite inaccurate and useless.

...Which is interesting. Do they plan to actually do something with this... or is this another "copyright the use of video in games" gold-digger patent?
    Did people actually patent that?

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, they did. Back in 1984... sold it to a holding company and then in the late 90s... BOOM: lawsuits everywhere.

Nevermind that they did nothing to attempt making "their" idea a reality.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Addition

This has probably been pointed out before, but there is also a completely different field of science originating in Germany that also uses the English name socionics:

Socionics

"Socionics" is the designation of an interdisciplinary research framework which combines Sociology and Computer Sciences (especially Distributed Artificial Intelligence). The objective is to develop intelligent computer technologies by picking up paradigms of our social world and to use computer technology in order to verify and to develop sociological models of societies and organizations. All projects are cooperating in a tandem-structure with at least one partner from Sociology and one from Computer Science forming a virtual research unit.
    Sozionik Startseite

Anmerkung für die deutschen Leser: In Deutschland gibt es einen "Namenszwilling" der Sozionik. Dabei handelt es sich um den Versuch, soziologische Modelle mit Hilfe der Informatik nachzubilden. Obwohl die Ziele teilweise ähnlich sind, bezieht sich diese später entstandene Forschungsrichtung nicht auf die Beziehungen zwischen Persönlichkeitstypen
    SOZIONIK: Persönlichkeitstypen und Beziehungen
    "Arnie is strong, rightfully angry and wants to kill somebody."
    martin_g_karlsson

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, and it is a problem because it creates confusion even among psychologists.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg
    Yes, and it is a problem because it creates confusion even among psychologists.
    Socionics can be renamed, because it has become more the science of aspects of all reality than the science which explains only the aspects of society.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)